test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

vehicles as drops

crosnightcrosnight Posts: 58 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Suggestions Box
So right now the only way of getting vehicles is either A) z store (weather grinding questionite: or RL money) B) lockboxes C) drifter store

right now all 3 include some kind of z store transaction.

pre "on alert" patch there was craftable TPs, the bind on equipt version blueprints dropping from end game bosses. perhaps these bosses can get some drops

for example:

vipers nest from ripper or dr. demogaard: a viper anaconda tank or grav bike (since w know they do have that equiptment)

mandragaloor/andrith ruins bosses: lemurian drill tank or some kind of ancient vehicle

shadow destroyer could even drop say a qliphothic jet or something like that

some of the major instances do need some better drops to make them better, depending on what lvl it is it only really could be 4 slot-6 slot vehicles.
Post edited by crosnight on

Comments

• bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    crosnight wrote: »
    So right now the only way of getting vehicles is either A) z store (weather grinding questionite: or RL money) B) lockboxes C) drifter store

pre "on alert" patch there was craftable TPs, the bind on equipt version blueprints dropping from end game bosses. perhaps these bosses can get some drops

for example:

vipers nest from ripper or dr. demogaard: a viper anaconda tank or grav bike (since w know they do have that equiptment)

mandragaloor/andrith ruins bosses: lemurian drill tank or some kind of ancient vehicle

some of the major instances do need some better drops to make them better, depending on what lvl it is it only really could be 4 slot-6 slot vehicles.

That would be awesome which means it will never happen.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    crosnight wrote: »

for example:

I like the idea of vehicles as drops, even more so that they resemble something you'd expect from the boss that drops it (as stated a viper boss dropping a viper vehicle, or a qliphthothic boss dropping a qlipthothic vehicle).

/signed
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Maybe as temporary time-limit items, so as to not completely and utterly invalidate the Z-store/lockbox vehicles.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    Maybe as temporary time-limit items, so as to not completely and utterly invalidate the Z-store/lockbox vehicles.

I disagree. The free travel powers don't invalidate the ones we have to pay for. So free vehicles won't invalidate the ones we have to pay for.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I disagree. The free travel powers don't invalidate the ones we have to pay for. So free vehicles won't invalidate the ones we have to pay for.

They kind of do. Guess why I've never bought a flight travel power? Because I already have flight.

Also, you can't get travel powers as drops.

Also, you do currently get vehicles as drops... they're just in boxes ( to keep them from breaking when they drop ).

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They kind of do. Guess why I've never bought a flight travel power? Because I already have flight.

Also, you can't get travel powers as drops.

Also, you do currently get vehicles as drops... they're just in boxes ( to keep them from breaking when they drop ).

I happily pay for plenty of things. I have paid for travel powers i liked despite their being good free ones. I have paid LOTS for lots of costume sets despite being Gold giving me a large selection of free costume pieces. If there were some vehicles that were free and some vehicles i liked that i could pay for i would still pay for the ones i liked regardless of their being some that are free.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • prootwaddleprootwaddle Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Another way to do it would be to make such dropped vehicles wimpy in terms of slots so people get to use them as a taster for vehicle mods and thus start to hunger for Z-store/lockbox vehicles, if this is possible.

However there probably would have to be some way to allow people to know that Viper vehicle that seems to be bearing down on them is controlled by a PC rather than Viper themselves, which in turn calls out for customisation of some sort.

Superhero stories, done well, are about modern archetypes.

A Prootwaddle is one of the weirder player-character races in "The Fantasy Trip", Steve Jackson's first published role-playing game.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I actually would like to see other then devices vehicles, have all those stationary vehicles (helicoptor, cars, bikes) littered everywhere be usable. They don't need to have weapons/mods and and their speed need not exceed superspeed
  • asasinxasasinx Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    free vehicles vould be a nice ideea.they could make some sistem with daily quest that gives special tokens to buy free crappyer vehicles(compared to the Z-store ones)
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,122 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    wimpazoid wrote: »
    I actually would like to see other then devices vehicles, have all those stationary vehicles (helicoptor, cars, bikes) littered everywhere be usable. They don't need to have weapons/mods and and their speed need not exceed superspeed

^This, what I never really did fully understand is that with the amount of helicopters, cars, drills etc we have in game, we had to resort to hover tech, and even THAT exists in game, all they'd have to do was make it moddable colourwise...