test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Veichles to consider

thekazekamithekazekami Posts: 21 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Suggestions Box
With bikes out now I wonder what other vehicles will come out. Yes, I would like more expanded regular content and power sets over a new ride, but new rides are on my wishlist. My own suggestions...

Hero-Mobile: Why hasn't it been done already? From the Batman inspired Batmobile to something like the Black Beauty of Green Hornet fame we need a 4 wheeled ride. That simple. Unlike our other rides this should be ground based, but offer heavier armor or an extra support slot.

Battle Walker: Not the gundam style I've heard before. More like a chicken walker with big guns. Think a scaled down Battlemech or AT-ST. Again, unable to fly but maybe rockets for a short 'jump'. Also slower than other vehicles. Since it can't fly and is pretty slow there should be better armored/extra armor slot and have an extra weapons slot.

Horse: This one would need... A lot of work. Since the horse wouldn't attack itself, and it wouldn't take normal mods it needs specialty mods. These ones should be based on the powersets, letting the user combine a cheap mod (Say Dual Pistols) and combine it with normal lockbox drops/finds (Based on ranged or melee attacks) and combine them together. The effect would be to have a unique attack power for each set while on horseback. Although this might be limited a bit. I don't think the horse would like a power armored guy on his back.

Pegasus: As above, but with wings.

Normal Car: This one would be the easiest. We have cars driving around right now, right? Well that's all this is. No mods, no attacks. Just... A normal car. It would go faster than a hero at Super Speed, but that's it. Why? Why not?
Post edited by thekazekami on

Comments

• blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Here's a far out suggestion, man, don't call me a heretic for bringing it up, its just a suggestion...How about. Rides. With wheels.

Whoa man, totally out there right?
  • thekazekamithekazekami Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Here's a far out suggestion, man, don't call me a heretic for bringing it up, its just a suggestion...How about. Rides. With wheels.

No man! That's insane!

:tongue:
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited January 2013

OP did say a Hero-Mobile like the Batmobile, which has wheels :P

But yes I would love a normal Car or Bike. Both of which there are skins for in game already. Just let us add an emblem to them.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I want a trycicle. With rocket boosters.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A unicycle. Yes, a unicycle, with lasers!

Ill also request a motorized garbage can for Smackwell. A rocket powered pogo stick for Nepht. And black hole generator for Shev.

That would be awesome
  • enixonbbenixonbb Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Horse: This one would need... A lot of work. Since the horse wouldn't attack itself, and it wouldn't take normal mods it needs specialty mods. These ones should be based on the powersets, letting the user combine a cheap mod (Say Dual Pistols) and combine it with normal lockbox drops/finds (Based on ranged or melee attacks) and combine them together. The effect would be to have a unique attack power for each set while on horseback. Although this might be limited a bit. I don't think the horse would like a power armored guy on his back.

Pegasus: As above, but with wings.

I dunno about the current mods not working here, I for one would totally buy a horse with heavy artillery strapped to it :biggrin:

tumblr_lxe8y1Xl6k1qzkdgl.jpg
  • thekazekamithekazekami Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    enixonbb wrote: »
    I dunno about the current mods not working here, I for one would totally buy a horse with heavy artillery strapped to it :biggrin:

tumblr_lxe8y1Xl6k1qzkdgl.jpg

That is SO made of win.
  • zazelbyzazelby Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wheeled vehicles - cars, motorcycles, etc - would need an entirely new control system. You can't, for example, turn in place with a car, or strafe. They can't jump (unless you're driving the Mach 5 or KITT, and even those can't jump in place)

So suddenly half your controls won't work or work oddly (only being able to turn while moving, having to accelerate and decelerate rather than just starting and stopping). You have to think about acceleration rates and turn radiuses (and, more importantly, the devs have to code such things in if they want their wheeled vehicles to actually act like real wheeled vehicles).

Flying/hovering vehicles are just easier, logistically, because they can use the same controls as a flying character.

"It is unthinkable. But such is the nature of villainy, don't you think? To do the unthinkable, to challenge the impossible, to conquer all before you and make destiny your own." - Ghost Widow

And that's why I like villains.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,618 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Skateboards and rocket skates. And these can just be travel powers, thank you.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zazelby wrote: »
    Wheeled vehicles - cars, motorcycles, etc - would need an entirely new control system. You can't, for example, turn in place with a car, or strafe. They can't jump (unless you're driving the Mach 5 or KITT, and even those can't jump in place)

So suddenly half your controls won't work or work oddly (only being able to turn while moving, having to accelerate and decelerate rather than just starting and stopping). You have to think about acceleration rates and turn radiuses (and, more importantly, the devs have to code such things in if they want their wheeled vehicles to actually act like real wheeled vehicles).

Flying/hovering vehicles are just easier, logistically, because they can use the same controls as a flying character.

Here's a test. (when the server actually comes back up) try turning the "Always face forward" option off while using a vehicle. The current planes and tanks can strafe as is with that setting is on, but turn it off and woooah crazy. Suddenly, you need some considerable space to make your turning arcs.

If they had a way to force this control setting to off while driving a car, then I could very feasibly see the controls of the car actually feeling appropriate for a vehicle. As is, flying a jet/tank with "Always face forward" off honestly feels a bit like driving around a flying buggy in Borderlands. All they need to iron out is the lack of reverse gear.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))