test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MCPD Recognition Gear Autosets At Level 40 for everyone

danteandersendanteandersen Posts: 103 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Gameplay Bugs
I had some MCPD Recognition points saved up on a level 17 character and decided to buy two of the green accessory gear boxes (not the T1 boxes, the ones that give secondary gear), open them up and then noticed that the level listing was in red. I then looked at the level they were listed.

Level 40

Meaning that the MCPD Recognition vendor in the Recognition building at Ren Cen is not giving out level-appropriate gear from the vendor. Basically I spent 30 MCPD recognition for items which are utterly useless for the character since they cannot even use them for another 23 levels.

-END OF LINE
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• prootwaddleprootwaddle Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Weren't you at all suspicious at what level the equipment might be?

Presumably by level 17 you would have noticed that kit had levels although up to that point most kit you would have found you would have been able to use.

Logically if the kit sold by the MCPD was usable by level 17 characters wouldn't it have limited use for most other levels?

Did you consider buying a single box first?

Superhero stories, done well, are about modern archetypes.

A Prootwaddle is one of the weirder player-character races in "The Fantasy Trip", Steve Jackson's first published role-playing game.
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    To be fair, MCPD Recognition stops dropping shortly after level 15, so it seems reasonable to assume that items purchased with it would be usable by lower level characters.
    To be fair, MCPD Recognition stops dropping shortly after level 15, so it seems reasonable to assume that items purchased with it would be usable by lower level characters.

I don't get any kind of random boxes at all, largely because I was disappointed with the early equipment boxes you get as quest rewards.

I'd rather get my random kit directly from drops and use my assorted reward point for things you can't discover.

Superhero stories, done well, are about modern archetypes.

A Prootwaddle is one of the weirder player-character races in "The Fantasy Trip", Steve Jackson's first published role-playing game.
    edited January 2013
    Just for the hell of it, I visited the vendor with a couple characters. When I moused over the various Caches with my level 8 character, they all said it would purchase a level 8 box. I didn't have enough merits on him to buy any though.
    Likewise, on my level 20 character, the boxes all said level 20 on mouseover. I bought a box with her (T1 Armaments Cache), and it went into my inventory as a level 20 box. However, on opening it, I got level 40 gear. That seems like a bug to me, as the contents of the box should be the same level as the box itself, as I understand things.

On the plus side, it vendors for over 1G, which at least gets me something worthwhile for those otherwise useless merits. :P
    Weren't you at all suspicious at what level the equipment might be?

The boxes were listed as Level 17.
    Presumably by level 17 you would have noticed that kit had levels although up to that point most kit you would have found you would have been able to use.

I figured a level 17 would get gear from a level 17 box which would be Level 17, so I opened both boxes without worrying... or I should have, because of the outcome.
    Logically if the kit sold by the MCPD was usable by level 17 characters wouldn't it have limited use for most other levels?

Did you consider buying a single box first?

Yes, a level 17 box would have limited use to a level 40 if it dropped Level 17 gear like it should have... but when a level 17 gear box gives you Level 40 gear when it's supposed to give you Level 17 gear to a level 17 character, it has now become useless since what should have been level-appropriate gear in a level appropriate box was in fact NOT. The problem is that the gear pieces are setting to a fixed level (Level 40) and not awarding gear that is level appropriate for the character for anyone below 40.

No I did not consider buying just one box because I had bought several gear boxes from the same vendor on a few of my early 20s level characters, and it gave level-appropriate gear (A level 22 buying a level 22 MCPD Recognition gear box gave level 22 gear) earlier in the week.

Since this happened right after a maintenance downtime/patch, it seems that the patch that fixed the pick-up/throw bug has broken the recognition vendor boxes. I have yet to see if it does the same thing for mission reward boxes, but if it does, then the whole gear box system broke in the latest patch.

-END OF LINE
    edited January 2013
    I have yet to see if it does the same thing for mission reward boxes, but if it does, then the whole gear box system broke in the latest patch.

Mission Reward boxes are fine. Not sure why they're working differently; I'd assume that they were the same item, but obviously, they aren't.
    Update:

It is not only the MCPD vendors that are giving level 40 gear to characters of much lower level... PRIMUS vendor is doing the same thing (A level 22 buying a T2 gear box from PRIMUS recognition vendor, and item in box was set to Level 40; I just checked no more than 3 minutes before posting here. I can surmise that UNTIL vendors are doing the same thing.

-END OF LINE
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thios bug has been around for several months, when you buy the gear, sometimes it gives you level 40 instead of your level.

It's on any of the gear, normal or t1, from mcpd also primus does it too with theirs.
    I've reported it... and reported it ... and reported it....
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!