What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

News of the World - Pulitzer-Hunting

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited January 2013 in Super News Network
To: mark.whitaker@codemonkey.com

Subject: New Leads, Kaspar

Guess who's got two thumbs and is going Pulitzer-hunting again? I think there's another supervillain running around, he's got cultists throughout the city. They all dress a little weird, and normal people don't huddle like that - especially in alleyways. Or next to the UNTIL building.

We got some photos, but they scattered before we could get too close. Kaspar's the key. I got a tip from a cape - the one who got that helmet - that Kaspar was being tailed. Took some doing, but I found where he went to ground. And you thought lockpicking was a pointless skill!

They weren't just digging around on Java, like he told Michael: They think it was Lemurian. So maybe we've got a Lemurian supervillain running around brainwashing people? It could be an issue, because these guys aren't just brainwashed, they're juiced-up. One of them tried to break in when I was interviewing Kaspar.

You remember when I joked about pranking you? Setting up a taser next to a door, with a string tied to the doorknob? Let's... save that for the zombie apocalypse.

Long story short, we got out a side door, I'm fine and Kaspar's gone into hiding again. Next step is figuring out what's really going on. I'm going to start talking to the capes, get them to investigate - especially right next to the UNTIL building. If you - finally! - get your yellow belt, maybe you can join me. : )

Julie
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    very very interesting
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So, does this mean there'll be an update with a mission or something then? Release notes still only show 13th December as the most recent release notes.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,603 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So Nighthawk is going to play some kind of role leading up to the major event?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    So Nighthawk is going to play some kind of role leading up to the major event?

Where did you see mention of nighthawk? i don't know what i'm missing.
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    stmoth wrote: »
    very very interesting

i like ur logo..
  • Options
    stoopidmestoopidme Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    skcark wrote: »
    Where did you see mention of nighthawk? i don't know what i'm missing.

Mark Whitaker is Nighthawk's alter ego, Julie Morgan is his girlfriend.

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • Options
    tx6275tx6275 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Guess who's got two thumbs and is going Pulitzer-hunting again?
    Never leave us TT, your imaginative fluff brings a smile to by face...

menotrpa: O_O........how long has this been going?
    flyingfinn: People being dicks towards one another?... I think that started when the stuff rose from the sea and acknowledge there was some other stuff next to it and started to poke it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Well, no release notes, no actual news, i'm guessing we're stuck in maintenance mode with random story added on the day of an update notice to get our hopes up. =\
  • Options
    stoopidmestoopidme Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    skcark wrote: »
    Well, no release notes, no actual news, i'm guessing we're stuck in maintenance mode with random story added on the day of an update notice to get our hopes up. =\

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=2862321#post2862321

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=2862291#post2862291

Looks like stuff to me.

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    To: mark.whitaker@codemonkey.com

Subject: New Leads, Kaspar

Guess who's got two thumbs and is going Pulitzer-hunting again?

Julie
    Nobel is easier to spell when you hanging from the Eiffel Tower elevator waiting for a Superhero to rescue you. :wink:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    c0wb0y33c0wb0y33 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    stoopidme wrote: »
    Mark Whitaker is Nighthawk's alter ego, Julie Morgan is his girlfriend.

What the!?! Did you just out Night Hawks secret Identity!?! Not cool dude!!!:mad:
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    c0wb0y33 wrote: »
    What the!?! Did you just out Night Hawks secret Identity!?! Not cool dude!!!:mad:
    Psst - don't tell anyone I told you, but Defender is really James Harmon.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Awesome!

I LOVE these pieces. I wish we could have them in-game, possibly in the mail. It would help immersion, particularly as they are very well written. (maybe add some out of character notes to help very casual players who do not check obsessively the website and the forums)

Keep them coming!

• Options
    cheesehotpocketscheesehotpockets Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    tx6275 wrote: »
    Never leave us TT, your imaginative fluff brings a smile to by face...

The keyword being 'Fluff' no actual content.

Shame cause this game could be so much more. Though the seem to be pushing the game towards 'Vehicles Online.' Most likely cause they can make cash from it.

So over this game already, CoH kept me entertained for years this game is boring after a few months.
  • Options
    vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    From the way that's written, Julie doesn't know Mark is Nighthawk. I could've sworn she knew in the tabletop books I've read that mention them. Ah well.

Brainwashing...
    Or somehow... Juicing Up? So empowering people and making them serve him/her/it?
    Or sticking them in a juicer, drinking the result, and then being more powerful?

Whoever this villain is, I'm going to bet an imaginary amount of limbs that the villain is a complete unknown to us, is going to be very impressively modelled with new pieces that we won't have until the moment people start farming him, thus causing his awe-inspirationy-ness to degrade, and that it is going to be basically bearded Aquaman.
    Because Aquaman is awesome.

I am likely wrong about all this, but who cares, THE BEARD WILL DESTROY YOUR PUNY CITY!
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • Options
    jaxtondragoonjaxtondragoon Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    vorshoth wrote: »
    From the way that's written, Julie doesn't know Mark is Nighthawk. I could've sworn she knew in the tabletop books I've read that mention them. Ah well.

Well, according to her 'Info' on PTS she doesn't know. The new Julie in Ren Cen at least. I'm doing missions in Westside on Live might be interesting to check her 'Info' there too.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited January 2013
    vorshoth wrote: »

I... actually don't know whether she canonically knows! The text she has implies not, but maybe that's a difference between PnP and CO...
  • Options
    braxzanabraxzana Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I thought she was just teasing him and DID know:
    I'm going to start talking to the capes, get them to investigate - especially right next to the UNTIL building. If you - finally! - get your yellow belt, maybe you can join me. : )

Note the smiley? :) I thought she was just teasing him and perhaps also conscious that her email might get hacked / viewed by someone who should not see it and did not want to blatantly say, "Hey, Mark, I mean Nighthawk, get investigating on this!"

Of course, she mentions he thought lockpicking was a useless skill --- but then maybe stealthy Nighthawk breaks down doors instead of picking them. Or maybe he meant useless for HER to have.
  • Options
    vikinggamervikinggamer Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So was there supposed to be something to do with this? I was kinda hoping to find something outside the Until building but I am not seeing anything.

Or was the post itself the event?

All die, so die well.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's storyfluff.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    valasquavalasqua Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I believe the event starts on Thursday.
  • Options
    jaxtondragoonjaxtondragoon Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So was there supposed to be something to do with this? I was kinda hoping to find something outside the Until building but I am not seeing anything.

Or was the post itself the event?

Story stuff for now. Its hinting at the next missions of the event which will drop this week. Played them on PTS and they are pretty fun. Takes just a few minutes to run each and the second is a daily.

Only issue I'm seeing so far was brought up, I believe, on the PTS forum. Currently there are just a few groups to fight so with a lot of heroes running the mission it could devolve into chaos rather quickly.