test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jets vs Tanks vs Bikes ::: Pet Masters

mcnaughtenmcnaughten Posts: 71
edited January 2013 in Suggestions Box
Now I can understand the need to make bigger and better things. But lets face it... the jets are completely screwed over. Tanks and Bikes both have a max 8 slot type. The jets have a 5 slot max. Bikes are faster, and stronger than jets in speed and attack. How is that fair? Shouldn't jets at LEAST have a speed increase over the bikes? Or a firepower advantage. I can see making each one strongest in some advantage. Right now the jets are just severely under appreciated making them pointless except for roleplaying purposes now.

Now to rant about the pet masters and vehicle/alerts. Having to resummon all of your pets every time you get in/out of a vehicle or enter an alert gets time consuming and wastes time in the alerts. The first 15 seconds a pet master is spending summoning all of their pets.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't have any characters with more than one pet power, but when I join an alert, I'm usually locked in a bubble for 20-60 seconds while waiting for other players to load in. That's always been enough time for me to summon anything I've needed to.

If you're one if the slow loaders that creates the wait time... Then I'm sorry, but I don't know what else to suggest.
    As a relatively fast loader, who can sometimes be quite slow, yes I agree it can be a pain to summon all the pets. Then again my Tech Pet Master has strictly speaking two pet powers, muni bots and Medi drones. I also pack a few Teleiosaurus Pheremone beacons which use a potent chemical compound to attract, teleiosauruses all the way from Monster Island xD

Regarding Jets...

I think that the Prototype Jets should have perhaps 10 slots? With the other jets having 8 slots ("best" ones that is). I'm not aware if this is still on prototype jets but the huge super cannon which they fired would be a nice feature for them to keep (if they havent already)
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's not fair, but that's why they gave us a refund on Zen for the jets. It was falsely advertised initially but by now we should all know Perfect World is going to push for this on vehicles. It's one of the negatives of Perfect World being in charge (and yes there are positives too)

It's a luxury, wealth-status device. In the world of luxury last year's vehicle is soo out of style.

Would it be nice if they made all the vehicles equally moddable?
    Yes, of course.

Would they ever do it?
    Sadly I think not.

At least there was a refund right?

I don't have any characters with more than one pet power, but when I join an alert, I'm usually locked in a bubble for 20-60 seconds while waiting for other players to load in. That's always been enough time for me to summon anything I've needed to.

If you're one if the slow loaders that creates the wait time... Then I'm sorry, but I don't know what else to suggest.

Solid-State Drive and a good broadband connection.
  • zerojadzerojad Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, a few days ago, i tried to "refund" and no luck.

"Subject
    Refund for device in Champions Online

Discussion Thread
    Response Via Email (AW) 01/04/2013 12:56 PM
    Greetings,
    Thanks for contacting us here at Perfect World Entertainment!

While we thank you for your business, your purchases in this case does not qualify for reimbursement. We appreciate your understanding in this matter, and regret any inconvenience that you may experience due to this policy.

Thank you for playing!
    Customer Support
    Cryptic Studios / Perfect World Entertainment
    " :mad:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@ZetBuster
  • rstzedrstzed Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The Commander specialization tree has one that greatly decreases pet summon time. I can summon my six pets in 8 to 9 seconds. Even if the alert starts as soon as in log in, I am only delayed a short time.
  • lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zerojad wrote: »
    Well, a few days ago, i tried to "refund" and no luck.

"Subject
    Refund for device in Champions Online

Discussion Thread
    Response Via Email (AW) 01/04/2013 12:56 PM
    Greetings,
    Thanks for contacting us here at Perfect World Entertainment!

While we thank you for your business, your purchases in this case does not qualify for reimbursement. We appreciate your understanding in this matter, and regret any inconvenience that you may experience due to this policy.

Thank you for playing!
    Customer Support
    Cryptic Studios / Perfect World Entertainment
    " :mad:

Well, I know they WERE giving refunds, however there are a couple of things to consider...

1) They were only refunding the prototype Hawkwings. If you purchased one of the newer Hawkwings (the ones that can have weapons slotted) you can't get a refund for those...

2) It's been a few months since they stopped selling the prototypes, so they may decided that anyone who has had the prototype Hawkwing for this long is no longer eligible for a refund. I mean, they gotta stop giving refund for them at some time. It may be now...
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • thekazekamithekazekami Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Also consider the fact that the best Tanks and Bikes have been drops from lockboxes. So far jet's haven't had their own lockbox set. Maybe that will change soon, but it's hard to tell.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thankfully the fastest (moddable) jet is on the AH for 500G and up. While a Hawk bike goes for about 5000G now.