test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More Single Pistol Munitions Powers (modified from my post on the PTS board)

thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Suggestions Box
I've been thinking, sure the dual pistol thing is kind of fun and there are quite a few dual wielders out there throwing their bullets all over the place. But there's only one Single Pistol Munitions power in the game. and that is Steady Shot an Energy Builder. My idea is simply expanding down the range...I mean we've got a Single Blade and a Dual Blade set up, why not a single pistol set.

Okay, We've got the Energy Builder lets start there.

1. Steady Shot-Energy Builder (see the wiki or in game tool-tip for details)

2. Tactical Shot - Click - Ranged Single Target Piercing Damage - 100' Range
Rank 1 25-45 damage scaling how other powers scale. If used from Stealth Damage is doubled. If used from Stealth has a 45 second cool down

Rank 2 increased Base Damage to 60-80
Rank 3 increase Base Damage to 125-180
2-Point Advantage Applies a short duration stun to the target. If Used from Stealth stun becomes a 5' Area of Effect centered on the target. (a "where the ....!? that shot come from" kind of thing)

3. Magnum Shot - Blast - Line Area of Effect-50' Range- 3-5 Targets based on charge time. Leaves a Lingering Debuff on the first four targets called Exit Wound. This Debuff functions the same as Bleeds applied by Single Blade powers.
Rank 1 - 100-150 to initial target, on a sliding damage scale down to 25-50 on a 5th target.
Rank 2 - 200-275 to first target sliding to 100-150 on a 5th target
Rank 3 - 500-800 to first target sliding to 350-400 on a 5th target
2-Point Advantage - Dum-Dum Round - Removes the Area of Effect component of the power and increases the Damage on the single target by 80% and adding a knock down to the damage.

4. Pistol Whip - Combo - Clubs the opponent with the handle of the pistol dealing Crushing damage - Melee Range - Damage on par with Cleave minus the Area of Effect. and Shares animation with Cleave only instead of the huge honking weapon its the pistol

5. Bull's-eye Shot - Blast - Single Target - 110' Range- The single pistol equivalent of Sniper Rifle.

6. Hip Shot - maintain - 100' - maintains for 3 sec and in that time deals damage 6 times.
Rank 1 - 45-70 piercing damage per half second
Rank 2 - 100-140 piercing damage per half second
Rank 3 - 200-290 piercing damage per half second
2 point advantage turns it into a cone Area of Effect that hits up to 6 targets

Well there's my suggestions...What'cha Think?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ya, either new powers, or let us pick whatever firearms weapon model we want for any given power... like the DE50 being used for the Sniper Rifle power, etc

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That would be nice, too, but till then I'll just ask for those powers up there :wink:
    edited January 2013
    bump it to the left, bump it to the right, just bump it on up and maybe it'll get support :biggrin:
  • stauchstauch Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Very nice idea for new munition powers, though the damage increase for rank 2 and 3 would need to be brought in line with standard rank scaling (a.k.a +20% per rank).
    edited January 2013
    stauch wrote: »
    Very nice idea for new munition powers, though the damage increase for rank 2 and 3 would need to be brought in line with standard rank scaling (a.k.a +20% per rank).

Of Course, the numbers I threw out there were just random numbers that I pulled out of the air when I was thinking of the powers was going to leave the mathematics to the people that get paid to do it :wink:
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I wonder if instead of making completely new powers, it would be easier to convince them to make 0 point Advantages with alternate animations.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
    edited January 2013
    zamuelpwe wrote: »
    I wonder if instead of making completely new powers, it would be easier to convince them to make 0 point Advantages with alternate animations.

not sure where they said it, but Devs have said they don't like making 0 point advantages

and in line with new Munitions Powers...

Pipe Bomb - re-skin particle mine in gadget and change the damage type to Fire and Piercing
  • thekazekamithekazekami Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    thebuckeye wrote: »
    not sure where they said it, but Devs have said they don't like making 0 point advantages

and in line with new Munitions Powers...

Pipe Bomb - re-skin particle mine in gadget and change the damage type to Fire and Piercing

There are 0 Point Advantages, but all they do is cosmetic changes.