test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Free Lemurian Costume Piece

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited January 2013 in Super News Network
This weekend, starting right now, heroes can get a free costume piece. Log in for a free Lemurian helmet, excavated by Professor Kaspar!

Get a taste of the life aquatic with this ancient helmet, unearthed by Professor Karkas on the island of Java. He claims that his research team has been attacked, and he's looking for heroes to keep these relic helmets safe.

Visit him in Renaissance Center to get your free helmet. This has already begun, and will run until Monday.

Start time: 12:01 AM PST Friday, January 11
End time: 3 AM PST Monday, January 14

Got questions? Flip through our notes below.
*This is an account-wide unlock.
*This item is bind-on-pickup.
*This may be available in the future in a different form; we haven't decided on that. Regardless, the only sure way to get this helmet is this weekend.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They look cool, thanks.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    thebrainstemthebrainstem Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    105a138.jpg

Professor Kaspar is near the Powerhouse, opposite the Drifter.
    edited January 2013
    Its Professor Kaspar.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited January 2013
    Its Professor Kaspar.

Yeah, I miswrote the blog post. >.< Fixed now.
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oh...Oh! That looks neat!

Wonder if there's gonna be a full set...
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't want to be a party poper, but there is an issue with this helmet: It's too rusty.

Actually, the problem is that its look doesn't fit with any other costume pieces we have. This helmet looks out of place in virtually EVERY costume! :frown:
    Now, if there was at least a whole set of rusty armor/diving gear, that would make it less of a problem...
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I don't want to be a party poper, but there is an issue with this helmet: It's too rusty.

Actually, the problem is that its look doesn't fit with any other costume pieces we have. This helmet looks out of place in virtually EVERY costume! :frown:
    Now, if there was at least a whole set of rusty armor/diving gear, that would make it less of a problem...

Not even the Ancient Armour set? I'm sure it would easily fit that one...Considering both are Lemurian designed. :tongue:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's not like every other costume piece fits perfectly with others....

Now just make full costume set for the Helmet.
    Thanks.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    While I'm all for new costume pieces, I have to be honest here: When you guys said you were releasing the hovercycles and a new helmet, I was *sure* it was going to be some sort of motorcycle-esque helmet, (that would make more sense, IMO).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited January 2013
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks Trail.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Beat me to it - what's the point of a costume piece that doesn't fit with anything else?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    While I'm all for new costume pieces, I have to be honest here: When you guys said you were releasing the hovercycles and a new helmet, I was *sure* it was going to be some sort of motorcycle-esque helmet, (that would make more sense, IMO).

It's probably to go with the rest of the upcoming mega-event theme.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Beat me to it - what's the point of a costume piece that doesn't fit with anything else?

I suspect we are gonna see more pieces. Plus if you colour it correctly it is no longer rusty or flaky. the costume creator is your friend, learn how to use it and let's not moan about something that is free.

Thank you Trailturtle:smile:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    amyjiaamyjia Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited January 2013

hmm.. Now I wonder if your sentiment is shared with Don Quixote or with Barber and Sancho...:tongue::redface:
  • Options
    logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Not what I was expecting either (thought it would be an UNTIL or motorcycle helmet as well)

It'll fit with more "Steampunk" style characters who want to venture into the depths. Initially I was a bit disappointed with it because I thought it'd be something else. But really it's a good design. If you've got a more mystic themed or pulp/steampunk/dieselpunk style character and need a helmet to go underwater with other than the Sci-Fi or UNTIL version, this is a good alternative.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »

I'd log into get a helmet shaped like a motorcycle.
    edited January 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    I'd log into get a helmet shaped like a motorcycle.

How about a motorcycle shaped like a helmet?
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yay free costume stuff!

\o/

Hope I can find time this weekend to log-in to get this... *thinks*

Regardless, it's good to see stuff like this. *thumbs up*

PS: Bug fixes too please! Get those bug report tickets from the in-game GUI working.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    How about a motorcycle shaped like a helmet?

If I didn't have to spend $300 on keys to get one, I'd be all for it.
    edited January 2013
    My only problem with the helmet is I cannot use a hat on top of it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This sig is more useless than my last one.
  • Options
    handsomerhandsomer Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the free helmet :)

The only thing I wished it had was the option to make the bubble part opaque (excluding the vision area).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A little while ago i made a costume for exploring Lemuria.. and i wasn't fully happy with it.

So i struggled for a while to get this helmet working having rushed to the tailor as soon as i had it.

It took a while, with scouring through costume parts mainly looking for steampunk patterns.

And the end result is an outfit i'm much happier with.

So thanks for the great helmet!

Oh and for those struggling to get an outfit together, don't forget there's the rusty ribbed tights!
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    leihngweileihngwei Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the helmet. It looks good. :smile:

th_Pistol_Packin_Mama-Aquatic.jpg
  • Options
    pyrennarpyrennar Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Where is this guy? i have spent way too much time searching all over the Ren Center.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I guess you haven't been all over Ren Center then.
    Near Power House entrance (the big spinning cog), opposite side of Drifter (the cyborg cowboy), left from the Defender's booth, next to the UNTIL Database terminal arch.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    handsomer wrote: »
    Thanks for the free helmet :)

The only thing I wished it had was the option to make the bubble part opaque (excluding the vision area).

What I'm hoping for as well, please consider it.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the free costume piece, Cryptic. Got mine yesterday. Woot!

(And I'm astounded how many complaints there are about this... It's Free! :rolleyes:)
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • Options
    braxzanabraxzana Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Battybattybats beat me to it:
    Oh and for those struggling to get an outfit together, don't forget there's the rusty ribbed tights!

I made a 'battered' looking set of armor with this new helmet. Unless I glossed over the option, though, it seemed the only way to get a human looking head was to use the Nighthawk head (which is fine for THIS character, luckily). I just did the treasure-box search to find the helmet and APPLIED it from there; usually, though, if the helmet can be used in different categories it's listed multiple times, so it may be that alien/monstrous head in helmet is the only category in which it exists.
  • Options
    c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sigh, I would have really liked it, but sadly I had to leave the country and visit my very ill mother for a week who has no internet access :( I really hope we get another non drop box method of getting it in the future.
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]