test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A new archetype for non gold members

healerarcanehealerarcane Posts: 7 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Suggestions Box
i was thinking while playing a game and it has a necromancer class i think that we should adda necromancer class for non gold members
Post edited by healerarcane on

Comments

• savagedeaconsavagedeacon Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i was thinking while playing a game and it has a necromancer class i think that we should adda necromancer class for non gold members

A necromancer class could be what the mastermind was in CoH that is an AT that controls several pets. However they should open a necromancy power tree too
  • stauchstauch Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Necromancy power tree?

Outside of undead controllable pets I can't really see what it could bring that isn't already part of another tree. Thinking primarily of darkness and infernal (and somewhat sorcery in general).

Building a necromancer AT with current abilities would be possible though not sure how it would really distinguish itself from the existing ones.

Not saying that it couldn't (or shouldn't) be done, just that I don't see how it could be done. Maybe if you gave some examples of powers that would distinguish it we could judge it better.
  • healerarcanehealerarcane Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hold i gotta get my notepad with the skills
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's not like bringing dead back fits into superherogenre kind of game. That's why Takofanes is the baddie.
    Were not playing Warlocks and Wizards, allthou changing MC to a midevil castle and we would be rather close to one.

And, making necromatic powers using AT, it would take 1st making Power Set for it. Like a Free Form.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited January 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    It's not like bringing dead back fits into superherogenre kind of game. That's why Takofanes is the baddie.
    Were not playing Warlocks and Wizards, allthou changing MC to a midevil castle and we would be rather close to one.

And, making necromatic powers using AT, it would take 1st making Power Set for it. Like a Free Form.

Are you sure that zombies have nothing to do with superheroes?
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Simon_Garth_(Earth-616)
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Jericho_Drumm_(Earth-616)
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ha! You beat me to it!

And that's one of my favorite things about the comic book/super-hero "genre", just about anything can fit! It's all the genres rolled into one! :biggrin:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Thing was about necromancy, not being a undead/zombie. There's plenty of undead people in superherogenre.

1st one is a zombie, undead. Superstrong. Cannot perform anykind of necromancy. The Behemoth AT.
    2nd one, can control fire, can hypnotize, can summon a spirit. Not really using necromancy.
    The Mind AT. Or the Void which is closer to "necromacer class".
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited January 2013
    Heh, having a "healer" with rez powers would be the epitome of necromancy! :tongue:

BTW, most of your "general sorcerers" in comics use necromancy at some time or another, as well as many known and unknown magic systems. It's kind of like the mystic version of "comic book scientist"...you know ALL magic because you're just...that...good. :biggrin:

Not that any of that has anything to do with making a necromancer AT, though. I think I agree with the "there's enough powers to pick and choose and simulate one close enough" faction. Not that that helps a Silver player much, though.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    edited January 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Thing was about necromancy, not being a undead/zombie. There's plenty of undead people in superherogenre.

1st one is a zombie, undead. Superstrong. Cannot perform anykind of necromancy. The Behemoth AT.
    2nd one, can control fire, can hypnotize, can summon a spirit. Not really using necromancy.
    The Mind AT. Or the Void which is closer to "necromacer class".

This is not using necromancy?

"After Marie Le Veau used the Vampiric Verses, Brother Voodoo was forced to summon a zombie army to assist Doctor Strange, Clea, Rintrah, and Morbius. Although they were able to defeat the vampires, the zombies then had to be destroyed to be at peace"
    edited January 2013
    **nevermind...I was thinking of something else**
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Necromancer? Easy. just mix-up powers from the Darkness and Infernal Supernatural sets, being sure to grab March of the Dead from Ebon Sorcery.

No need for a whole new powerset.
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'd prefer a flat out pet user. New, more powerful pets at each level. At level 40 you get a Charizard.
    This is not using necromancy?

"After Marie Le Veau used the Vampiric Verses, Brother Voodoo was forced to summon a zombie army to assist Doctor Strange, Clea, Rintrah, and Morbius. Although they were able to defeat the vampires, the zombies then had to be destroyed to be at peace"
    That's the exception, not the rule.

Name me one hero who in his everyday crime busting uses necromancy, or more specifically zombies and other raised undead beings.