test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sneak Preview - Grav Bikes and Free Costume Pieces!

Comments

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am glad to hear any news from Devs.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited January 2013
    Any chance we can get a few pics of the helmets?I'm imagining the nice full helmet with a mouth area open and a see through visor we can color.Then again when have we ever gotten what we envisioned in this game?

The costume pieces aren't on PTS yet -- they should be there early next week, and I'll get some screens then.

maleb666 wrote: »
    PLEASE, if the free costumes are going to drop from somewhere, PLEASE make them tradable!!!

They're probably not going to drop, they'll be a one-time mission from an NPC. That's my understanding, at least.
  • sparhawksparhawk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    However, don't forget the sad history of Adventure Packs. Those offered playable content, special drops, and were playable only by subscribers, or by purchasing the pack - and sales were sufficiently poor that the APs were eventually thrown into the Free For All pool.

Did Cryptic actually say the sales were so poor that they added them to the all access pool? I honestly don't remember anymore why they stopped charging for them.

The only special drops out of the APs that I recall a fair number of people wanting is dark speed. From the point of view of people that don't care about the story, the APs don't have a sufficient hook/payoff. There isn't enough "cool/better stuff" to justify spending money on them. I could be off base here, but this may have been an reason they didn't sell well.

My personal favorites were Whiteout and Resistance. Demonflame was always to buggy (the key fight sequence specifically) for me so I haven't touched it in ages.
    Why should we expect a new zone offered in this fashion to receive any better response?

Obviously neither of us has any idea how well it work. All we can do is make suggestions and see what happens if Cryptic does try something like this in the future.

I think that if Cryptic includes enough good "stuff" it will sell well though. The trick here is what do you include that would make people want to spend money on it?
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sparhawk wrote: »
    Did Cryptic actually say the sales were so poor that they added them to the all access pool? I honestly don't remember anymore why they stopped charging for them.

The only special drops out of the APs that I recall a fair number of people wanting is dark speed. From the point of view of people that don't care about the story, the APs don't have a sufficient hook/payoff. There isn't enough "cool/better stuff" to justify spending money on them. I could be off base here, but this may have been an reason they didn't sell well.

My personal favorites were Whiteout and Resistance. Demonflame was always to buggy (the key fight sequence specifically) for me so I haven't touched it in ages.

Obviously neither of us has any idea how well it work. All we can do is make suggestions and see what happens if Cryptic does try something like this in the future.

I think that if Cryptic includes enough good "stuff" it will sell well though. The trick here is what do you include that would make people want to spend money on it?

They didn't say anything. They were made free to all when OnAlert debuted so players could have a time-consuming way to earn Questionite other than the alert dalies. Though I suspect they didn't make enough in sales to matter to Cryptic, certainly not enough to merit new content. After they nerfed the mega-destroids experience/resource drops in Aftershock there was really no reason to buy it other than for the Dark Speed drop, and those would always be available from other players either directly or on the AH. Some of the best gear in the game dropped from Serpent Lantern but the item revamp and player resales rendered it moot as well.

Personally I highly doubt there will ever be a new zone as PWE doesn't seem willing to expend the effort to develop any. As before, anything that drops will make its way to the rest of the population unless it is BoP, which players hate. And it will take uber-drops that can't be resold to make a new zone sustainable for a period long enough to recover the development cost.

What I can't figure out is why they continue solely on this lottery model rather than selling "quality of gaming" items directly to the players. Items such as resource cap increases, power-hue tokens and unbind to account tokens, etc... for example are items that many players would buy in a heartbeat but they never seem to want to sell anything like that. Not sure why. :(

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    However, don't forget the sad history of Adventure Packs. Those offered playable content, special drops, and were playable only by subscribers, or by purchasing the pack - and sales were sufficiently poor that the APs were eventually thrown into the Free For All pool.

Why should we expect a new zone offered in this fashion to receive any better response?

Where's the data that supports this? I'm fairly certain that when the news broke that APs were going to be made free for everyone the reasoning behind the decision was something along the lines of not wanting to put content behind a gate anymore, not because AP sales were poor.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited January 2013
    What I can't figure out is why they continue solely on this lottery model rather than selling "quality of gaming" items directly to the players. Items such as resource cap increases, power-hue tokens and unbind to account tokens, etc... for example are items that many players would buy in a heartbeat but they never seem to want to sell anything like that. Not sure why. :(

True enough. Hopefully they will figure out that more useful stuff like that in the Z-Store will net them sales.
    edited January 2013
    Where's the data that supports this? I'm fairly certain that when the news broke that APs were going to be made free for everyone the reasoning behind the decision was something along the lines of not wanting to put content behind a gate anymore, not because AP sales were poor.

Ah, I do seem to remember that now. Thanks.
    edited January 2013
    I don't think PWE market research actually includes surveys or reading the forums.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They didn't say anything. They were made free to all when OnAlert debuted so players could have a time-consuming way to earn Questionite other than the alert dalies. Though I suspect they didn't make enough in sales to matter to Cryptic, certainly not enough to merit new content. After they nerfed the mega-destroids experience/resource drops in Aftershock there was really no reason to buy it other than for the Dark Speed drop, and those would always be available from other players either directly or on the AH. Some of the best gear in the game dropped from Serpent Lantern but the item revamp and player resales rendered it moot as well.

Actually it's called Resistance :p
  • drreverenddrreverend Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Y'know... I wouldn't mind hovertanks or grav bikes or whatever with the UNTIL, PRIMUS, MCPD, or VIPER colors on them. That'd be pretty cool, actually.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I wonder if it would be easy/possible to make this and the nighthawk event missions into two new action packs?

Granted they'd be the shortest ones ... but then less rewards too because of fewer Q box drops.

It'd be a way to make the content permanent at least.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    drreverend wrote: »
    Y'know... I wouldn't mind hovertanks or grav bikes or whatever with the UNTIL, PRIMUS, MCPD, or VIPER colors on them. That'd be pretty cool, actually.

I don't have much interest in vehicles, but ones with a patriotic US, Canada, or UK theme might be useful to me.

My problem is that, with the exception of the Hawkjet, the vehicles to date haven't been all that appropriate to the genre.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't have much interest in vehicles, but ones with a patriotic US, Canada, or UK theme might be useful to me.

My problem is that, with the exception of the Hawkjet, the vehicles to date haven't been all that appropriate to the genre.

QFT...

Hero vehicles are stylized in some sense. The Batmobile looks like the Batmobile. The Blue Beetle's flying bug thing looked like a beetle. The Hawkwing jet looks like a bird-based character's vehicle. The tanks and the soon to be released cycles look like the vehicles agents use. They look stock, no stylization at all...

I fully realize that making stylized vehicles limits their desirability to some players, but they're much more appropriate for the genre...
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited January 2013
    I have no interest in NON CUSTOMISABLE vehicles, even if they're hoverbikes.

And if hoverbikes ARE colorable, then tanks also should be.
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Because, IMO, they shouldn't have caved and given them away. The larger the "Gold Pool" becomes in regards to content the more appealing the concept of subscription becomes and if people don't like that then they can a la carte the content they do want. The point is that it makes both options more viable and, daresay, profitable in the long run.
    .....Telepathy Talk.....

Ok, I want the set too but there are other powers. I mean, honestly, the Earth Passive would like to have a word with the "MOAR TELEPATHY NAO" people. :cool:

Honestly, the tanks and bikes look like a shipment that was on it's way to AO and accidentally got delivered to CO instead. Also, if they're to be "hover" vehicles they should hover. They should probably be more ground based than actually able to fly. The tank should be SLOW but have a lot of base damage mitigation since...well...it's a tank. And...and...yeah, I could probably do this all day but you get the general idea. :wink:

My opinion is that my main got a vehicle, maxed everything out on it, and has happily been using it since BETA. It's called a R3 Hover Disk and it come with any power combination I would want. Now some people might not like the Hover Disk....but it lets me <Echo> BE THE HERO I WANT TO BE </Echo> while I use it. :biggrin:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    crosschan wrote: »
    I mean, honestly, the Earth Passive would like to have a word with the "MOAR TELEPATHY NAO" people. :cool:

Telepathy Now
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    crosschan wrote: »
    Ok, I want the set too but there are other powers. I mean, honestly, the Earth Passive would like to have a word with the "MOAR TELEPATHY NAO" people. :cool:
    And Claws has been in dire need of a review ever since it was implemented in the beta: "Let's have a set that consists of single target melee powers and some shared powers."
  • target1onetarget1one Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Adding my 2 cents' worth (adjusted for inflation) to this thread.

Please leave the new missions in the game permanently, or if that's too much to ask, rotate through them and previous limited-time-event missions (e.g. Nighthawk) on a regular basis.

This game needs more permanent new content.

Also, would it kill Cryptic/PWE to just make all of the new grav bikes available directly in the C-store? Why does every flaming thing have to be stuck in lockboxes??????????????? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Target1one

"ENOUGH!!! You are ALL of you BENEATH me! I am a GOD, you dull creature, and I will NOT be BULLIED by--" -- Loki

*SMASH* *SMASH* *SMASH* <pause> *SMASHSMASH* "... puny god..." -- Hulk
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As a minor matter of clarification, the reason I mentioned the Earth Passive is that, like Telepathy, it exists somewhere(it may need minor adjusting) but, unlike Telepathy, it has existed somewhere(and therefore been MIA from PTS/LIVE) for over a year now.

Well, that and it's just one power. :cool:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    target1one wrote: »
    Also, would it kill Cryptic/PWE to just make all of the new grav bikes available directly in the C-store? Why does every flaming thing have to be stuck in lockboxes??????????????? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm guessing that like before, there will be some Grav Bikes on the C-Store.

Problem is that the best one (and the only one worth using, as the others are just totally gimped in weapon/mod options) is a gamble box only. The Drifter Salvage one (which is a joke in cost) is a close second.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • amarillonmcamarillonmc Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    target1one wrote: »

Yes, it would kill.
    See, let's said we have the hoverbike, and we have two choices, putting it in the microtrans store for (let's be greedy) 2000Z (that's $20),or put it into lockboxes.

If they put it in the C-Store, every bike bought by each player earn them $20.

As we already know, in order to open a lockbox, you need to invest in $1.

Now, let's say the lockbox are very generous, and there is a whooping 10% chance you can win a hoverbike from this.

(Note from the prior experience with lockboxes, it seems the chance of getting the best item would be only about ~3%)

after some discrete math works, it's easy to determine that out of 100 lockboxes you could get 10 boxes that have hoverbike in it.

(Note, a probability of 10% didn't mean you can won 1 from 10 boxes!)

However, here is a catch: this above stat bases on that one must open a number of boxes before the sample is large enough for the bike. (or very very good luck). Which means, yes, you could guarantee to get a hoverbike in 100 boxes opened only if you open such number of boxes. which actually boost the price of the hoverbike.

For every bike every player won from lockboxes, they earn $100

Now, if they put the hoverbike in store for 10000Z, would you buy it?

Also, everyone have a definition of "small money", and for some people (like me), $20 is large money, and we'll consider that before actually spend it (a virtual bike or half a week's grocery, you get the idea). However, most people would agree that $1 is "small money". Hence lockboxes are more likely to be opened by people. (Yeah, it didn't work on everyone, but it works on most people)

That's why the best items would be only in the lockboxes.

I recall someone posting something similar regarding the reason of lockbox success, but no hurting to post it again, I guess.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...the ultimate Contrast Moe (or not).
  • drreverenddrreverend Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You also need to factor in the effect of the Questionite market. A fair number of players earn Zen by selling Questionite. If Player A gets his monthly 500 Z and sells it on the market to Player B, and then Player B uses that Zen to go and buy stuff, it removes a possible mode of profit for the company. Without the market, Player B would have had to go buy Zen with dollars, which is what the company really wants. They've already got Player A's money anyways.

The fact of the matter is that stuff like Lockboxes? From a business perspective, they work very well. They are irritating, yes, but that's the future of MMOs, and honestly? They're an annoyance. They could be a lot more egregious with them.
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    drreverend wrote: »
    You also need to factor in the effect of the Questionite market. A fair number of players earn Zen by selling Questionite. If Player A gets his monthly 500 Z and sells it on the market to Player B, and then Player B uses that Zen to go and buy stuff, it removes a possible mode of profit for the company. Without the market, Player B would have had to go buy Zen with dollars, which is what the company really wants. They've already got Player A's money anyways.

The fact of the matter is that stuff like Lockboxes? From a business perspective, they work very well. They are irritating, yes, but that's the future of MMOs, and honestly? They're an annoyance. They could be a lot more egregious with them.

I agree, the smaller transaction makes it easier to swallow each time and it is profitable (otherwise Cryptic would not be bought by PWE). Furthermore while people complain about the lockboxes the world moves on. If they do not wish to pay dollars for zen then go farm questionites and sell them to someone who will. Not willing to farm? Too grindy? Well, then spend money. Pay to win? Errr, who feeds the devs anyway?

The only thing I hope the devs will do is to make the lockboxes an auto-pickup. In this way players get to collect the lockboxes without the trouble of stopping to pick up each one.
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    LMAO the stupidity in this thread over lockboxes arz gudz is making me lose the will to live!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    LMAO the stupidity in this thread over lockboxes arz gudz is making me lose the will to live!
    And type, apparently. Can anyone translate this for those of us who only read English? :wink:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    And type, apparently. Can anyone translate this for those of us who only read English? :wink:

I do have to say I actually like the lock boxes, but it is only cause they offer a good amount of Mods-I wish we got non vehicle mods from them again and I hate paying $1 per key, that gets exspensive and is the real reason I dont buy them.

I know I can farm Q but I dont have that kinda time and it gets boring.

And the fact that Lock boxes are apparently the only way to get the bikes, that ticks me off.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As happy as I am to see new mission content introduced; I HAVE to wonder why most of the new stuff (like the Nighthawk missions lat year) is temporary/transitory. Why can't the CO Devs make a 'permanent' version of something that ADDS to the variety of mission content to the game instead of always designing 'limited time' or 'one off' content?

I also hope this event doesn't run into the same issues of the last Mega Destriod Invasion even (which I NEVER got to experience as they found it was horribly bugged and completely pulled it before I had a chance to experience it.)

Anything added to the game should REMAIN in some form so players have a wider variety of content to choose from (IMO).

CO (IMO) STILL has A LOT of potential that ISN'T being realized; and stuff like limited/one time event content (when it works) isn't a good use of whatever limited (yet I'm sure hard working and dedicated) Dev resources the game has available to it.

Right now (again IMO) CO appears just one tiny step above 100% maintenance mode (as far as MMOs go.) That's just sad as again, the game and it's world (around since 1981) have a lot of potential that isn't being realized.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    Armsman-KConniesig-Original0454.jpg
    PWE Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • notburningchicknotburningchick Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Example: New exclusive lvl 40 Area with several story lines and new enemies. Sell access to it (In the same way they did on City... everyone could enter the area, and look at it... but only subscribers and people who BOUGHT the area pack could take the missions, I'm talking of First Ward)

Another possibility is to increase the value of being a gold player and release said new areas for free to Gold members, yet charge for them to everyone else.
    Emmert's on the record as saying content updates would be free -- I think option 1 is out unless Cryptic's OK with every single review / blog post / article about the update mentioning that point. The negative posts couldn't do much to tarnish CO's reputation, but ... it might be a different story for Neverwinter and STO.

Option 2? Maybe.

While I don't think Cryptic would do Option 1, who knows? It occurs to me that Cryptic might try gating new content with lockboxes.
  • zendrinzendrin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013

The answer unfortunately is in human nature. People get addicted to gambling, I wouldn't be surprised to find PWE is using one of Skinner's schedules of reinforcement (the payout ratio that keeps people hooked). They will have done the numbers and worked out that enough people will sink in enough money to make it their best option for cash. Those that will buy a key for 'just one more try' are a better target for milking than folk that avoid gambling. Maybe I am just cynical but PWE strike me as seeing this as an investment nothing more and don't give a damn about which is the better model for the game.

The only way it will stop is if people stop buying keys or gambling of this form is illegalised, neither of which seems likely atm.

EDIT: Though I agree with you it seems odd that they don't have other stuff as well. I suspect in some office they set out the business model for all their games, one size fits all.
  • strypewolvenstrypewolven Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Here's my two cents about this upcoming thing. While I'm glad for something new, this is not exactly what I was looking for. Not by a long shot.

Grav Bikes: Cool, but all of them coming from lockboxes is not, also if this lockbox has the stupid high drop rate of the current one, annoying.

The new alert: Look, the devs need to stop force feeding us alerts. I want to see MC changed permanently, I want new zones and a reason to be in the new zones. On this front the devs are trying to put a band-aid on a gushing artery wound. Alerts have proven not a lasting fix, they haven't been a lasting fix since On Alert came out, and continued to prove this into Reloaded. It's time to change up your approach.

Free costume pieces: I will withhold any statement on this until I see what these pieces are exactly.

And finally, bug fixes or the lack thereof: This is a *very* scathing oversight on the part of the dev team. How long has that massive player reported bug list been up? How long have new bugs gone unattended to? I mean come on, how many people have you seen run lightning reflexes passive? Almost none because one glaring bug is the fact that once again they have broken dodge. It was supposed to base-lined equal chance applied vs both tap and charge attacks. Now it's hardly registering dodge at all. For example, my main Strype has a dodge chance of 60%, yet out every 100 attacks (for sake of simplicity), she will dodge *maybe* 20 if she's lucky.

Edit: Note this is just one of several glaring bugs that needs to be addressed.
  • meurikmeurik Posts: 859 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Soo... Keys for 100 Zen in Champions Online. The SAME keys in Star Trek Online costs 125 Zen. Either CO needs a higher price, or STO should be lowered.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The costume pieces aren't on PTS yet -- they should be there early next week, and I'll get some screens then.

They're probably not going to drop, they'll be a one-time mission from an NPC. That's my understanding, at least.

thanks for keeping us updated TT!
    though when i hear "free" i just assume that you log in and bam, get them
    edited January 2013
    Yes, it would kill.
    See, let's said we have the hoverbike, and we have two choices, putting it in the microtrans store for (let's be greedy) 2000Z (that's $20),or put it into lockboxes.

If they put it in the C-Store, every bike bought by each player earn them $20.

As we already know, in order to open a lockbox, you need to invest in $1.

Now, let's say the lockbox are very generous, and there is a whooping 10% chance you can win a hoverbike from this.

(Note from the prior experience with lockboxes, it seems the chance of getting the best item would be only about ~3%)

after some discrete math works, it's easy to determine that out of 100 lockboxes you could get 10 boxes that have hoverbike in it.

(Note, a probability of 10% didn't mean you can won 1 from 10 boxes!)

However, here is a catch: this above stat bases on that one must open a number of boxes before the sample is large enough for the bike. (or very very good luck). Which means, yes, you could guarantee to get a hoverbike in 100 boxes opened only if you open such number of boxes. which actually boost the price of the hoverbike.

For every bike every player won from lockboxes, they earn $100

Now, if they put the hoverbike in store for 10000Z, would you buy it?

Also, everyone have a definition of "small money", and for some people (like me), $20 is large money, and we'll consider that before actually spend it (a virtual bike or half a week's grocery, you get the idea). However, most people would agree that $1 is "small money". Hence lockboxes are more likely to be opened by people. (Yeah, it didn't work on everyone, but it works on most people)

That's why the best items would be only in the lockboxes.

I recall someone posting something similar regarding the reason of lockbox success, but no hurting to post it again, I guess.

You left out the fact that they also make money off people that only spend a few bucks on the keys. Which might be more money overall than the big spenders.

I personally think a middle ground could be reached here where the top lockbox items could also be sold directly in the Z-Store. While you're correct that most people wouldn't spend the theoretical $100 figure you used, I believe a fair number of people would be willing to spend $40 to $50 for the item.
  • amarillonmcamarillonmc Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sparhawk wrote: »
    You left out the fact that they also make money off people that only spend a few bucks on the keys. Which might be more money overall than the big spenders.

I personally think a middle ground could be reached here where the top lockbox items could also be sold directly in the Z-Store. While you're correct that most people wouldn't spend the theoretical $100 figure you used, I believe a fair number of people would be willing to spend $40 to $50 for the item.

Yeah and that.

but too bad it's they who want people to spend $100 on them.

So Yeah.

XSK.gif

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...the ultimate Contrast Moe (or not).
  • ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    WTF man.....WHY CAN'T WE JUST OUTRIGHT BUY THE ITEMS WE WANT INSTEAD OF THESE DAMN BOXES! So....sick of this.
  • jaxtondragoonjaxtondragoon Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Question about the start. Since the news post was made on a Saturday does 'Next Week' mean this week (Jan 6-12) or next week (Jan 13-19)? I'm leaning more toward the latter based upon the fact that Turtle said the stuff would be up on PTS later this week (or something to that effect). It would be kind of weird to test the event on PTS while its running on Live.

Regardless of when the new stuff drops though I am looking forward to all but the new lockboxes. Well, if they are as common as the tank ones at least.
    edited January 2013
    Doesn't a CO week start on Thursday, typically?

• itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    3 more days!

:O
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited January 2013
    Question about the start. Since the news post was made on a Saturday does 'Next Week' mean this week (Jan 6-12) or next week (Jan 13-19)? I'm leaning more toward the latter based upon the fact that Turtle said the stuff would be up on PTS later this week (or something to that effect). It would be kind of weird to test the event on PTS while its running on Live.

The helmet and the Grav Bike Arsenal will be available this week, around 1/10. The helmet will probably be available Friday (possibly Saturday), and the Arsenal is aiming for a Thursday release.

The missions and content will be released on PTS a little later, not sure exactly when.
    edited January 2013
    The helmet and the Grav Bike Arsenal will be available this week, around 1/10. The helmet will probably be available Friday (possibly Saturday), and the Arsenal is aiming for a Thursday release.

The missions and content will be released on PTS a little later, not sure exactly when.

YAY! for the Helmet. BOOO to PWE for the Bike Lockboxes. Way to kill something I would have been willing to buy.
  • jaxtondragoonjaxtondragoon Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Works for me. Thanks for the reply. Funny thing is that might mean I have a newbie for the event as my current is getting awful close to 40.
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I hope that 1 helmet and a change to lockboxes arent what you consider this 2 weeks phase of the event.

If thats the scale of the phases till the end alert, its going to be another boring 2 months
  • ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bwdares wrote: »
    YAY! for the Helmet. BOOO to PWE for the Bike Lockboxes. Way to kill something I would have been willing to buy.

Its like they don't understand the difference between what people are willing to buy or not. PWE's other game RaiderZ is in the same shape. Cryptic, why are you letting these chinese overlords ruin your image?
    edited January 2013
    ariesmajor wrote: »
    Its like they don't understand the difference between what people are willing to buy or not. PWE's other game RaiderZ is in the same shape. Cryptic, why are you letting these chinese overlords ruin your image?

Because the Chinese overlords own them?
    edited January 2013
    bwdares wrote: »

Yep. Maybe Cryptic will eventually figure this out and offer direct sales in addition to the lockboxes if we keep giving them feedback on the subject.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I can see it now.

epicvehicle_zps2ed08f8c.png
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I can see it now.

Cryptic, hire this man for the Art Department immediately.
  • solomonk1ngsolomonk1ng Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Move zig for great justice!
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I can see it now.

I was reminded of this song upon seeing this picture. :biggrin:
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Another possibility is to increase the value of being a gold player and release said new areas for free to Gold members, yet charge for them to everyone else.

Impossible. This isn't the way cryptic 's doing.
    All is free for everyone, or all they do must be paid for gold members on top of subs (Costumes, travel powers, vehicules, catalysts, keys to open the boxes they spam, etc..).
    Cryptic don't know what are gold members/suscribers, but sponsors to develop things in the store and sell them to everyone.
    It's a new kind of freemium, the f2p are f2p, the subs too. It's a magic concept.

Question of priority certainly. The fluff regularly, the content when you can or have time between two others games.
    Not a problem, i'd buy some characters slots in swtor because there is some new characters adventures to do.
    It's always a pleasure to spend money to have anything new to discover. More than paid you for almost nothing.

Take your time. you have a lot of months to create some playable content in co. Perhaps we will have anything new to do for the end of 2013. (If you don't spend your ressources to do some events which will disappear some days later, or 15 mns content, of course). Perhaps...
    In a few months, the (few,very few) new cox players will quit as others players had quit before, and Co will in the same condition than every years since 2009. Cryptic, your feets aren't too much injured with all the bullets you fire on ?

Do a lot of costumes and vehicules for the store, mens ! It's very important, even urgent. This is what the game need in priority. ^^