test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costume Contest Trolled....again.

themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
So The All-Stars CC just got trolled by the usual ****-hat. I know that this guy has been reported many times. I know that Trailturtle said that they were looking into this.

Just wondering what's happening with that.......

A couple of screenies from the CC

CCTroll2_zps59801dbc.jpg

CCTroll1_zps5dfce43b.jpg
zrdRBy8.png
Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• spark342spark342 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    lololololol
  • dustman27dustman27 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i know....thats one shockingly good looking fella... :smile:
  • spark342spark342 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    dustman27 wrote: »
    i know....thats one shockingly good looking fella... :smile:

I know hes so hawt!
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    *read thread*
    *cooks popcorn*
    *waits*
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Seriously ...that tool again.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    And the offender himself has posted in this thread . You really need to act Cryptic.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What is the maximum number of people that can be invited to a Hideout?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Not enough for a contest.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ten........
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They already looked into this a looong time ago. Its called the ignore/report with in-built chat ban after X-amount of reports feature. That's ALL the in-game moderation Cryptic is willing to put into this game.

The best change would be to put any ignored player on permanent stealth (chat system, character avatar, and XYZ axis location in map). So they literally no longer exist to the offended parties.

If that can't be done, all *******s should be relegated to a separate server. I don't want another "player regulated" system. I mean hire a Dev to do nothing but respond to reports of *******s with a code they adhere to.

- -

The easier decision is if players just stopped being dumbasses
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I hear nowadays when bullys beat up kids, they sometimes post it on youtube.

I never heard of the kid who got beat up posting his own buttkicking on the internet though.

FYI, ever since that other post glorifying the trolling by posting pictures... and now this one... yeah, you can expect the trolling to increase, because these threads are trophys.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would like to see TT respond in this thread like he did in the previous regarding this issue, and hopefully with an update that it's being looked into.
    edited January 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

I never heard of the kid who got beat up posting his own buttkicking on the internet though.

FYI, ever since that other post glorifying the trolling by posting pictures... and now this one... yeah, you can expect the trolling to increase, because these threads are trophys.

And FYI, it wasn't my CC....I started this thread because I want to know what's happening and I don't like this person getting away with it. This person needs to be banned from the game.

If you think this thread is a bad idea Smoochan, there's no need for you to post in it.
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited January 2013

Bad analogy.

What's being done here is equivalent to the kid who got bullied making the incident publically known so that proper disciplinary action can be taken against the offender(s) by a figure of authority.

That old saying of them going away if you ignore them long enough? Yeah, it doesn't always work.
    edited January 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Bad analogy.

What's being done here is equivalent to the kid who got bullied making the incident publically known so that proper disciplinary action can be taken against the offender(s) by a figure of authority.

That old saying of them going away if you ignore them long enough? Yeah, it doesn't always work.

Well said.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This is retarded.

This is clearly hurting one of the most active and loyal group of gamers we have in CO, and the GMS are doing nothing.

I'm outraged! >:(

Because I know that if the same thing happens to me on a different level, Gms will do nothing to stop it >:(

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Seriously Cryptic? These SAME asshats are continuing with this. You've had thousands of tickets on them, several threads on the boards since we can't get any action at all from you otherwise, the perpetrators are posting IN THIS VERY THREAD and you STILL won't act?!

What's it going to freaking TAKE? Are we literally going to have to camp outside your damn offices to get anything done? Is that where this is going?

Fine - you'll lock this thread and any like it. But can you KEEP UP with the threadlocking if enough people start flooding the boards with it? Are you willing to ban the accounts of everyone EXCEPT THE ASSHAT TROLLS????
  • helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This is 100% correct. The fact that they both posted in it should be proof enough. This is why they do it. You've made their week, and guaranteed repeat performances.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I find it unfortunate that Cryptic doesn't even care enough about this game to moderate it.
    edited January 2013
    helbjorn wrote: »
    This is 100% correct. The fact that they both posted in it should be proof enough. This is why they do it. You've made their week, and guaranteed repeat performances.

A continuous streak of getting away with it without being dealt with is enough to guarantee repeat performances anyway.

At least the thread raises awareness to both players and our community rep.
    edited January 2013
    A continuous streak of getting away with it without being dealt with is enough to guarantee repeat performances anyway.

At least the thread raises awareness to both players and our community rep.

I highly doubt screenshot threads every time these things happen is going to speed up the process of having this problem looked at and dealt with. All this is accomplishing is these people get the attention they're looking for.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited January 2013
    I highly doubt screenshot threads every time these things happen is going to speed up the process of having this problem looked at and dealt with. All this is accomplishing is these people get the attention they're looking for.

If no apparent action has been taken against the players responsible for them to continue doing it for weeks on end, even when the issue has been reported to support, then I say keep making threads until something is done to stop it.

So what if they get the attention? Do you really think they need it as an incentive to keep doing it? Being able to get away with it scott free without suffering consequences for their actions is incentive enough.
  • corniviccornivic Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Why does it bug you guys that he is a giant? Everyone can just move forwards so the judges can see all the outfits, also the judges can walk around him to see also ;)

Maybe the Devs will make a place where powers and devices will not work for the CC =)
    edited January 2013
    cornivic wrote: »
    Why does it bug you guys that he is a giant? Everyone can just move forwards so the judges can see all the outfits, also the judges can walk around him to see also ;)

Honestly?

How exactly do you walk around a huge giant with distracting effects covering a majority of your screen if he's constantly following you while you're trying to judge player costumes, especially when there's no way to stop it from happening?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Really? Have you tried it and it actually works?

Not sure if troll...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • intrinsicmanintrinsicman Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    And the offender himself has posted in this thread . You really need to act Cryptic.

lol people in this game are whiney. In WoW years ago, a guild crashed an in game funeral for a player who died in real life.. For lol's. You think devs should intervene over people qqing whenever a RPfest is trolled? Grow thicker skin.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Your idiocy shines thru.
    Maybe return under the bridge.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • corniviccornivic Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Honestly?

How exactly do you walk around a huge giant with distracting effects covering a majority of your screen if he's constantly following you while you're trying to judge player costumes, especially when there's no way to stop it from happening?

Oh, he follows you too, yeah it is a pain if he steps in front of you I didn't think of that part. I guess I should try a CC
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Really? Have you tried it and it actually works?

Not sure if troll...

No I have not maybe I should, to see if I can.

Oh, and if I was a troll I would look like this :P
    Troll
    edited January 2013
    lol people in this game are whiney. In WoW years ago, a guild crashed an in game funeral for a player who died in real life.. For lol's. You think devs should intervene over people qqing whenever a RPfest is trolled? Grow thicker skin.

Let me guess... you were part of that guild. Right?
  • logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I imagine he is.

Probably the same type of person who gets their jollies watching the Westborough Baptist "Church" cultists picketing funerals.
    edited January 2013

Because if someone on these forums isn't complaining with everyone else then they must be part of the problem, right?
    I imagine he is.

-baseless and unwarranted personal attack-

The forums demand that people trolling costume contests deserve bans but crap like this doesn't warrant the same reaction?
    edited January 2013
    Because if someone on these forums isn't complaining with everyone else then they must be part of the problem, right?

What can I say? Similar past experiences have left me jaded.
    edited January 2013

Oh come on.

That's not why he got the backlash that he did.

It's like you're blindly defending his right to have an adverse opinion but completely blanked out everything else.
    edited January 2013
    You think devs should intervene over people qqing whenever a RPfest is trolled?

Just to address this ignorant statement:

We're not asking the devs to intervene. It's not their job to do so. That's the job of the GMs (if there are any) since one of their supposed duties is to handle harrassment issues.
    edited January 2013
    Oh come on.

That's not why he got the backlash that he did.

It's like you're blindly defending his right to have an adverse opinion but completely blanked out everything else.

He mentioned that in-game funeral crashing that happened years ago in WoW and said people should grow thicker skin in regards to current events, not a very popular opinion but so what? The first response he gets is someone grouping him together with the funeral crashers, a pretty big leap in logic, the second response groups with with the likes of that supposed "church", a MASSIVE leap in logic and a petty personal attack. But when I call out the lesser of the two bits of nonsense I'm the one that's blanking things out? What's with this "if you're not with us you're against us" mentality around here?

Let me break this down for the zealots. People are entitled to their own opinions, even unpopular opinions. If you don't agree then that's you're prerogative but the ad hominem over it is both childish and self defeating to any arguments about trolling.
    edited January 2013

The poster wasn't just voicing a personal opinion, they were attacking others through ridicule for voicing theirs.

And CC trolls are bullies. You don't stop a bully by backing down. The only way to stop a bully is to stand up to them. Ignoring a bully or keeping quiet about them won't magically make them go away, and anyone that says otherwise has either not delt with bullies, or is being intellectually dishonest about them.

Would the trolls get their jollies about threads like these? Perhaps. But not doing anything about them or bringing them up has a 100% guaranteed chance of it continuing and expecting people not to complain about it is just blaming the victim.
    edited January 2013
    The poster wasn't just voicing a personal opinion, they were attacking others through ridicule for voicing theirs.

And CC trolls are bullies. You don't stop a bully by backing down. The only way to stop a bully is to stand up to them. Ignoring a bully or keeping quiet about them won't magically make them go away, and anyone that says otherwise has either not delt with bullies, or is being intellectually dishonest about them.

Would the trolls get their jollies about threads like these? Perhaps. But not doing anything about them or bringing them up has a 100% guaranteed chance of it continuing and expecting people not to complain about it is just blaming the victim.

The only things that intrinsicman said that could be remotely considered "attacking others through ridicule" was "lol people in this game are whiney" and "Grow thicker skin."

O. M. G.
    edited January 2013
    The only things that intrinsicman said that could be remotely considered "attacking others through ridicule" was "lol people in this game are whiney" and "Grow thicker skin."

O. M. G.

That's ridicule enough.

How would you feel if you were the subject of cyber-bullying and made the effort to try to engage the community in a fun event only to have it shut down by these bullies, and when you made your grievances known, you were met with a response of "lol you so whiney, grow thicker skin."?

Yeah, it's easy to take the stance you're adopting when you're not being the subject of such ridicule and trivialization.

Some of the recent responses to them were personal attacks and uncalled for, I agree, but who's the one who instigated such responses? The very person whose actions you're defending.
    edited January 2013

O. M. G.

And you don't see the problem with that?
    edited January 2013

O. M. G.

His entire post was being completely dismissive of "people qqing whenever a RPfest is trolled". That's pretty much attacking others for voicing their opinions, not merely expressing their own.

More on topic:
    Here's hoping Cryptic dusts off the banhammer. It's a win-win situation in my opinion. If they leave for good, yay because there's one less troll. If they make a new account and buy all the shinies they had from before it's more money in Cryptic's pocket. And if they continue to troll on their new account Cryptic can ban'em again! Glorious!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thread's served its purpose and is going nowhere, so I'm closing it down.

Here's hoping something gets done about it.
    biffsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.