test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Protocol Alpha Initiated

Comments

• lordfuzunlordfuzun Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    xcaligax wrote: »
    I wanna go ahead and toss out a long shot...

MALVANS!?!?!? :eek:

Malvans? Nope doesn't fit their laissez faire MO. The Elder Worms cast a hugely powerful curse during the last days of their war with the Malvans. The curse removed the fire from the soul of the Malvans. They turned inward. Their vast empire simply crumbled because they don't really care. There are exceptions like Firelord, but there are far and few in between.

Also their level of technology is literally hundreds of thousands years beyond Earth's in Champions Lore. Malvan's technology is so advanced it seems like magic. It can do anything the user can imagine. And their warships, well their batteships are the size of planets. And they can destroy a planet in the blink of an eye. And they have hundreds of them, and they can create more anytime they want too.
  • foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I like the way it sounds, I'll be looking forward to the mega event. :)
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Great.

I missed the Knighthawk thing.

But, uhmmm.... When can we expect a fix for Bunker Buster?

And why limit these things? I mean, I missed the Knighthawk thing like I said, so that is content that you developed that is now just sitting around collecting dust, and something that I can not choose to pass my time doing.

If you can get to a point where you can roll out a whole lot of this stuff, then fine.
    In the meantime, though, this game needs all the content it can get, so nothing should ever be permanently shelved.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,582 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    You, um, didn't take V'ger's post seriously, did you? Just checking...

Its in regards to gamehobo's post. Not playing an incomplete power set is better than making previous key purchases obsolete.

If I was serious I would have had more to say.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    OMG! Possible new mission content incoming. About time. (Guess CO's two Devs are back from vacation. ;))
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    Armsman-KConniesig-Original0454.jpg
    PWE Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My guess is the Lemurian Kraken, which was suppose to be a Zone event, which I think the event will build to. My bet is missions like Nighthawk-gather crap, we get an alert, the a queable mission, then the zone attack.

I really how the Kraken would come out of the River down by the pier and work its way from westside to the Ren Cen and then to Down town. I think that would be cool. Or just have it climb the wall and go dowtown toward the open Lemurian event there.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Here comes the KRAKEN!!
  • eastgatewidoweastgatewidow Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The Devs really should be kracken on with adding content thats for sure. Theres something fishy about this Cryptic tease...

Dropping my knitting to buff you whilst hitting - Proudly protecting Millennium City's little ones since 2009.

@Mothers_Love
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Positively beaming with excitement; like I could just blast off into space.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • solomonk1ngsolomonk1ng Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Positively beaming with excitement; like I could just blast off into space.

You guys are having too much fun with the subtle innuendo. Lemme try:

You'll love the new moon zone and end game with the Star*Guards!

(Wait... Did I do it right?) :redface:
    edited January 2013
    All in all, this sounds like a schedule that the comics underwent. Hopefully it becomes a permanent comic. Or at least rotating mini-zone event with shared cut scenes.
  • taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm going to guess eldar worms largly because the message suggests the threat is allready here on plannet

also is there somthing special about Columbus or Indianapolis in champions lore that there mentioned?
  • forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm scared that more content is just going to increase the # of bugs... There's so much that needs fixing first.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • nicovolpenicovolpe Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm going to guess eldar worms largly because the message suggests the threat is allready here on plannet

also is there somthing special about Columbus or Indianapolis in champions lore that there mentioned?

Columbus or Indianapolis are likely just references to the likeliest of escape routes. From Millennium City, one is pretty much a straight shot south (Columbus, Ohio) and the other directly south-west (Indianapolis, Indiana).

Being larger cities, they likely have agencies there, so in passing through they could re-arm.

Just a thought.
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    We need Plant Control too sometime as well. I know that's been discussed before, but I figured I'd say it here too.

Pretty Please? :biggrin:
    signed to the high heavens.
  • blashperionblashperion Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Specifically mentions Qularr. Sure, that's a shot of Lemuria, but it could be the moon. Post mentions they're already here.

Ten bucks it's the Gadroon.
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It better be about the Roin'esh after there attack in snowcrash or Im going to pissed, screw the elder worms I want Qularr or Roin'esh not the Gadroon, Bleak Ones and Elder Worms alien crap. :mad:
    Psi.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Elder worms already have a presence in Millenium City, too.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited January 2013
    If its linked to this 'leaked' video with drill tanks, then it's about either Lemurians, or Bleak Minions. Drill tanks and machines from video are new models, but their graphic style is already similar to those already seen in Andrithal.
    Also, it makes sense if Leviathan will be introduced with this patch.

Also, small icon for this news cleary shows a structure similar to Lemurian City in the Undying Reef:

ruvbk1.jpg
  • xenosinfinityxxenosinfinityx Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sentinel unit S-001 Citadel has been moved to standby. Awaiting further transmissions.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited January 2013
    And why limit these things? I mean, I missed the Knighthawk thing like I said, so that is content that you developed that is now just sitting around collecting dust, and something that I can not choose to pass my time doing.

If you can get to a point where you can roll out a whole lot of this stuff, then fine.
    In the meantime, though, this game needs all the content it can get, so nothing should ever be permanently shelved.

I'm happy to say that the Champs dev team is committed to permanence with these events. It's still early in the process, but we're talking about having themed weeks in the future, where the events and dailies will be activated. Think of it as like Blood Moon.

In addition -- although please remember, there's no time frame, everything is subject to prioritization, it could be a while before it happens -- the dev team is tentatively hoping to retrofit old events like Nighthawk for this kind of reactivation.
  • drreverenddrreverend Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    That's exactly what I was hoping to hear, Trailturtle. Feeling much more positive now about this.
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm happy to say that the Champs dev team is committed to permanence with these events. It's still early in the process, but we're talking about having themed weeks in the future, where the events and dailies will be activated. Think of it as like Blood Moon.

In addition -- although please remember, there's no time frame, everything is subject to prioritization, it could be a while before it happens -- the dev team is tentatively hoping to retrofit old events like Nighthawk for this kind of reactivation.

Why retrofit?

Any illusion of progressive and/or cohesive story telling went straight out the window with Alerts. Just turn that **** on and lets go.

Retrofitting implies more resources going back to **** that's already "done."

Pleeeeeeeeeease stop doing that unless it's bugs or powers. And even then, leave that **** alone too, and just make new ones. I'm starting to get the feeling that 3 years from now we'll be waiting for another Westside revamp while trying to figure out the new picking order for power tiers after sitting through another tutorial video because the entire powers screen has now been changed.
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited January 2013

While you're on it, can you mention to the devs, particularly the costume guys to fix nighthawk hood? When it was first released it worked with many, if not ALL head type categories, this made it the ultimate hood to buy since it makes so many costume ideas possible, and it was only one item... after maybe a month or two, they quietly changed this on us, why?

Even though, i don't own it currently, even though i'm almost certain i did buy it but a GM told me there's no record, so i'm rather stumped, i think it's a rather rude thing to go and restrict content after you sell it, and change it on people quietly, i don't doubt there have been people who bought the nighthawk costume set just for the hood to be useable with many costume ideas, that's the only reason i had to want the costumes.

If they're also going to retro fit things over and over and over, can they please retrofit everything that's broken, untill they work again? I could write a list, but honestly, there's too much to list to remember it all.
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm glad the events are going to be on rotation.
    Also, I'm glad that it's a touch... aheh.... Cryptic, this release.
    Even if we've probably all sussed out what's coming, more or less. XD
    It gives it a touch more intrigue.

So I Approve Of This Event and the thingummys relating to it!
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    skcark wrote: »
    While you're on it, can you mention to the devs, particularly the costume guys to fix nighthawk hood? When it was first released it worked with many, if not ALL head type categories, this made it the ultimate hood to buy since it makes so many costume ideas possible, and it was only one item... after maybe a month or two, they quietly changed this on us, why?
    Yes, I too would like to see this fixed - or would that be "un-fixed"? I have an interesting idea that would involve using a hood with one of the Werewolf Heads, but currently that's not a possibility. (I also want to use hoods with things like the '90s faceplate...) If it's "clipping issues", please let that be our worry, not yours. Sometimes clipping can actually make something look better - part of the glory of Backfire's costume was the way the breathing-mask clipped into the Viper Fang Helmet, making it look like an organic part of the design.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    While youre at it get the devs to look in a dictionary at the definition of permanent.

Rotating events arent permanent, put work into things that ARE permanent to fit the massive void of content this game has always had!
    edited January 2013
    Random alerts rotate randomly.

Custom Alerts changed to rotate daily.

Themed weeks last 7 actual days.

Rampages set to permanent and tied to locations.
    edited January 2013
    Random alerts rotate randomly.

Custom Alerts changed to rotate daily.

Themed weeks last 7 actual days.

Rampages set to permanent and tied to locations.

I would love for Gravitar it act as a Cosmic and pop in MC everyonce and a while and just blow crap up.
  • thalast1thalast1 Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bwdares wrote: »
    I would love for Gravitar it act as a Cosmic and pop in MC everyonce and a while and just blow crap up.

Gravitar is the only challenging content in the game.
    It should stay that way.
  • sparhawksparhawk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

In the future eh? It's progress though, so thanks for the update.
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited January 2013

This.. make Alerts seem more.. um.. alertful
    edited January 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »

I know right! :biggrin:
    edited January 2013
    cryneting wrote: »
    It better be about the Roin'esh after there attack in snowcrash or Im going to pissed, screw the elder worms I want Qularr or Roin'esh not the Gadroon, Bleak Ones and Elder Worms alien crap. :mad:

Um im pretty sure the Elder worms are natives of earth or at the very least have been here a very very long time same applys to the bleak ones.

The Qularr, Roin'esh and Gadroon are the aliens (at least in men from outerspace type way) also the Qularr and the Gadroons story is pretty interlinked what with them being at war with each other.
  • amyjiaamyjia Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    In addition -- although please remember, there's no time frame, everything is subject to prioritization, it could be a while before it happens --
    Hello! In the Until Field Report posted 7-20-12, it identifies this:

stokeman wrote: »
    ? Systems: Keybindings: Target Team Member: The Keybindings for F2-F5 d- not target members on an Open Mission team

As a "Critical" issue that was supposed to have top priority, yet this issue has not been resolved, while we have gotten things"lower on the totem pole" in regards to the order of operations of the UNTIL Field Report. Any information or update on this would be appreciated.

Other "Critical" issues not mentioned in the Field Report that need immediate attention:

1. People can add to hold strength through stats (presence), through gear (+hold strength) and through specialization trees (Dominion in the Presence specialization tree) However, the HP of holds do not seem to be increasing.

The HP of the hold determines the amount of z smashing that needs to be done to break-free from the hold before the duration of the hold has been reached.

2. The option of Wither in the sentinel specialization tree is not working. No icon appears for it when a character is held.

Here is a description of what it is supposed to do:

*Wither*
    Holds cause target to take more damage
    5% / 10% Less Damage Resistance

It would be very much appreciated if these Critical issues could be resolved ASAP. :redface:

Thank You For Your Time and Consideration.
    edited January 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    I know right! :biggrin:

This seems almost like common sense I demand you both stop it at once
    edited January 2013
    This seems almost like common sense I demand you both stop it at once

. . .*sniff* Okay *sniff*. . .:frown:
    edited January 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Yes, I too would like to see this fixed - or would that be "un-fixed"? I have an interesting idea that would involve using a hood with one of the Werewolf Heads, but currently that's not a possibility. (I also want to use hoods with things like the '90s faceplate...) If it's "clipping issues", please let that be our worry, not yours. Sometimes clipping can actually make something look better - part of the glory of Backfire's costume was the way the breathing-mask clipped into the Viper Fang Helmet, making it look like an organic part of the design.

Be sure to mention it, if you bought the costume when it was an all round item, because then it becomes dodgey business to sell a product and then secretly restrict it afterward. Unfortunately i can't really use this card since despite believing i bought it, on their system i haven't, and i've been lax in keeping up to date on my personal logs of purchases so i'm at a total loss of wether or not i did buy it and something went wrong, or if somehow my memory makes me think i bought it but i didn't :S

Also, i too wanted the hood for my 90's task plate mask, which is why i'm so positive i bought it, because i instantly wanted that costume >.<
  • suntroman23suntroman23 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    riouhotaru wrote: »
    Bleak ones? Roin'esh? WHAT?!

i think its a part 2 of roin'esh invasion
    rmmbr? "iniciating protocol 2" or something like that at the end..
    edited January 2013

ahhhhh...yeah I slightly remember something like that. I haven't played that story in a while. Not matter what comes out of it, I am sure it will be entertaining.
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Speaking of retrofitting, is adding alert-style queuing to lairs still in the works?
  • drreverenddrreverend Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Um im pretty sure the Elder worms are natives of earth or at the very least have been here a very very long time same applys to the bleak ones.

The Qularr, Roin'esh and Gadroon are the aliens (at least in men from outerspace type way) also the Qularr and the Gadroons story is pretty interlinked what with them being at war with each other.

If I remember the lore right (and I probably don't), the Elder Worms are also space aliens. Just space aliens that use black magic and telepathy instead of super-science and super-tech. Earth was a minor backwater outpost of the Worms (at best) during their war with the Malvans and Star*Guard (the setting's equivalent to Green Lanterns, who haven't appeared yet in-game) half a million years ago. Some of the survivors have ended up here, using humanity as raw material to rebuild their race. Most of the Elder Worms we encounter and fight are probably transformed humans.

They're kind of icky.
  • edwards119edwards119 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This should be good
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I am 99% sure that that was supposed to be leading up to Mechanon's introduction.

"They are already here" is interpreted by me as it being an enemy that is, well, already here.

If the Qulaar, who are specifically mentioned, don't count, then neither should the Gadroon or the Roin'esh or any other non-native force that happens to have a small presence here.

That pretty much just leaves Lemuria.

I am not a fan of Lemuria or the Lemurians, and think that it is a stretch that they would launch an attack against the surface world by starting in Detroit (unless I missed the part where Lemuria was actually beneath the surface of either Lake Huron or Lake Erie), but hey, at least it's new content.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They would launch an attack on Detroit because that is where the Champions are headquartered.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited January 2013
    Speaking of retrofitting, is adding alert-style queuing to lairs still in the works?

Don't you dare! it's bad enough i can't solo monster island crisis or lemuria crisis anymore, i don't wanna be forced to team lairs like vikorin or bronze king and never be able to enter cause people never queue

and IF they do, and IF they drop their rare costumes, i'm expected to pit 2 layers of luck to get the costume?

hell no!
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sparhawk gets a query:

In the future eh? It's progress though, so thanks for the update.

Did he just say "Soon TM"? :tongue:

But, yes, thanks turtle. All that complaining on the boards? This is all most people seem to want. Telling us what's up so we don't think you all split town. :wink:
    mithrosnomore needs a map:

I am not a fan of Lemuria or the Lemurians, and think that it is a stretch that they would launch an attack against the surface world by starting in Detroit (unless I missed the part where Lemuria was actually beneath the surface of either Lake Huron or Lake Erie), but hey, at least it's new content.

Lake St. Clair, actually. :biggrin:

At least you didn't say Lake Michigan...CURSE YOU, GERRY CONWAY!!!! :biggrin:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • caycepollardcaycepollard Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, finally looks like something is coming. Now, I will say this:

The Mega-D event, I understand why it was tossed. I still would like to see you guys find a way to integrate Nighthawk's story mission and this into CO permanently. It's really hard for me to call this 'content' when it's only temporary. I would much rather see you guys work toward making a new Comic Series or Adventure Pack, because in the end- even the Nighthawk event was just a glorified alert..

And =this= is why I'm not getting my hopes too high over this. It will, if past history is any indicator, be so buggy that it's unplayable, or will not have a reward appropriate to the mission difficulty, or it will be "limited time only" content. A game so proud of creating 2-week "events" and calling them "new content" is a game that's playing dangerous tricks with semantics. It's funny how the devs have enough time & energy to make disposable limited time only missions, one after another after another, but can't be persuaded to put the same effort into designing THINGS MEANT TO LAST. :rolleyes:

Edited to address:
    Originally Posted by trailturtle

Well, it's nice that the dev team is discussing things... The "archer" costume set was also under discussion -- as was a new zone, more hideouts, supergroup bases, and a whole BUNCH of things. Why, I remember Robobo discussing some VERY interesting ideas with us in public! But, as they tend to say, TALK IS CHEAP. Cryptic World is rapidly becoming one of the world's leading producers in "talk". Let's see some useful & dedicated action, some change that we can believe in, some RESULTS. And no, "vehicles" don't count as results, considering that what we got was so vastly different from what people were actually asking for. Sorry TT, I know your job is to say things like this, but it's not OUR job to believe them without proof-of-effort. It's nice to know, however, that there may actually be enough devs for a "discussion" to be more than "one overworked dev ranting to himself in a dark padded room" -- though even then, in cryptic-speak, I'm sure that counts as a "dev team". :redface:
  • vampirialvampirial Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Is it possible that this is an incursion from those Shark-People that Shadow D brought with him from Multifaria rather than the Lemurians themselves?