test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Active Offenses should also reduce charge time

rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Suggestions Box
Active Offenses having such a limited time to use and a long recharge time doesn't benefit charge up powers as much as maintained powers.

Powers that charge up to max at 1.5 seconds or more should get a 1 second reduction in charge up time when activating an Active Offense.
Post edited by rugrothrumbor on

Comments

• fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ...All I'm imagining is the ungodly damage potential of tap spamming DW...
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • stauchstauch Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wait, maintained powers don't channel faster so at most you'll only "loose" a full blast attack (the last one) compared to a partial maintain, so it's not that big a loss. I do not see why you should be able to cram in up to 3 times as many blasts during said time frame compared to not using active offence. This would make blasts have vastly superior DPS increase compared to maintains during said time instead of bringing them up on par.

Honestly, the way to make them equal would be to still have the "buff bonuses" active until the blast is launched or the maintain is completed if the active offence (and other damage increasing buffs) runs out during the charge up/maintain.
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Dragon's Wrath has never been anything to QQ about.
  • rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited January 2013

DW wouldn't apply... it's 0.80 seconds full charge.
  • alodylisalodylis Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    u got great idea but u must change it to my idea version of ur great idea. Make active offence that boost charge speed for powers? That would be amazing seconadry effect for an offence boost with dmg str to of course.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Active Offenses having such a limited time to use and a long recharge time doesn't benefit charge up powers as much as maintained powers.

Powers that charge up to max at 1.5 seconds or more should get a 1 second reduction in charge up time when activating an Active Offense.

This is an interesting idea, but should definitely not be applied to all active offenses. This sounds like a good addition for something like Lock N Load.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.