test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher, AGAIN

razorcurerazorcure Posts: 36 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PC & Technical Issues
This is utterly pathetic.

The Launcher wont connect again. This is the fourth time I have had this problem in just over a month. Each time, NOTHING has changed my end.

Can someone please link me to their CO.exe?
Post edited by razorcure on

Comments

• Options
    mog555mog555 Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was thinking of making this thread as well, having problem with GameClient with most of the empty patch

This time it normal before maintains but after
  • Options
    zerojadzerojad Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, i guess i try put these, not sure if would work, i use with Steam.

Edit: 18/01/2013
    Champions Online.exe Jan 18 http://www.mediafire.com/?57aqv21myxcdljw

GameClient.exe Jan 18 http://www.mediafire.com/?pl6fm9rmpjf44hf

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@ZetBuster
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Cheers Zero.
    I got the exe of another friend though.
    Glad it is so easy to get around..NOT happy it seems to happen every few weeks.
  • Options
    jaymzkronisjaymzkronis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hey Razor, glad to hear you got your game going. Im having the same issue. Tries to connect to the game client, and an error message pops up. I dont use Steam so I was wondering if I could get a step-by-step on what you did and how you did it? I'd greatly appreciate it. I tried uninstalation and reinstalling and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated greatly. Thanks for your time. =D
  • Options
    mog555mog555 Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zerojad wrote: »
    Well, i guess i try put these, not sure if would work, i use with Steam.

Champions Online.exe http://www.mediafire.com/?4e5oif0j810pi5j

GameClient.exe http://www.mediafire.com/?uc13a0estls87s9

Thank you for sharing the launcher. my launcher maybe not steam, but I got mine to work. but don't know how long

Anyway thank you
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hey Razor, glad to hear you got your game going. Im having the same issue. Tries to connect to the game client, and an error message pops up. I dont use Steam so I was wondering if I could get a step-by-step on what you did and how you did it? I'd greatly appreciate it. I tried uninstalation and reinstalling and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated greatly. Thanks for your time. =D

All I did Jay..

Get someone to upload their Champions Online.exe file
    Replace the file you have in your CO folder
    And..bingo, it works.

Such a stupidly simple and annoying fix. I just don't understand why it even happens. WHy would patching the game in someway (which did NOT happen. I mean..after I replaced teh exe, I could run the game with no patching) make the .exe, which simply loads the game, not work?
    Nevermind the exe file I got was exactly the same size and I am willing to bet..exactly the same file.
    Would be nice if someone in the support department could sort of..Rubber Stamp the fix method..instead of the utterly useless and unhelpful stciky post, that goes through 10 things to try..that all do jack.
  • Options
    lolife67lolife67 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    razorcure wrote: »
    All I did Jay..

Get someone to upload their Champions Online.exe file
    Replace the file you have in your CO folder
    And..bingo, it works.

Such a stupidly simple and annoying fix. I just don't understand why it even happens. WHy would patching the game in someway (which did NOT happen. I mean..after I replaced teh exe, I could run the game with no patching) make the .exe, which simply loads the game, not work?
    Nevermind the exe file I got was exactly the same size and I am willing to bet..exactly the same file.
    Would be nice if someone in the support department could sort of..Rubber Stamp the fix method..instead of the utterly useless and unhelpful stciky post, that goes through 10 things to try..that all do jack.

OK, so I have the exact same issue.

I'm downloading the new CO.exe file but will it automatically replace my previous CO file or do I have to go in and delete it manually?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

:cool:
  • Options
    jkeuwkjkeuwk Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've had this problem for literally years. The Devs are for whatever reason dead set on not ever responding to questions about it. Swapping out the launcher works, except sooner or later the game updates it to the newer nonfunctioning version and you'll have to replace it again. Eventually I just made a bunch of copies of the old one and keep them in a separate folder so I can just swap out the new one whenever it screws up.

As soon as this solution no longer works, I fully intend to sue for reimbursement of my lifetime subscription price. The apathy of the game runners to an issue so frequently experienced by so many of their customers is completely unacceptable.
  • Options
    zerojadzerojad Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Edited my post with recent files from January 18th.
    Not sure if this is need or wokrs. lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@ZetBuster
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Whenever my launcher wouldn't patch, I would close it, then start Task Manager and look for these 2 processes: CrypticError.exe and/or GameClient.exe, and shut them down manually. Then everything works correctly.

Sometimes the error handling kicks in, and the 2 process will just stall and refuse to unload. They prevent any other instance of the launcher to work correctly.
  • Options
    yumadbcooyumadbcoo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would someone mind posting their Launcher exe on the thread please? I'm having the same issue getting the launcher started, and I've read that if anyone post their working launcher app file, it should fix the problem.

Or if anyone could direct me to the correct approach to rectify the issue, I would greatly appreciate it ^_^
  • Options
    lordkundolordkundo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its funny....on STO they have a link to the most recent launcher file on the forums to solve this problem....you would think they would be smart enough to do it here as well.
  • Options
    silviumcsilviumc Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Soo, can someone upload "Champions Online.exe" and "GameClient.exe" so the ones with Launcher issues can play? xD
  • Options
    thedoggygirlthedoggygirl Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is this a recurring problem? (Posts here sort of suggest that it's happened several times before). I only started playing a week or two ago and today all I can achieve is
    The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function

Don't Cryptic have staff in the office on sunday?

The current money exploit in NWO would tend to suggest that they don't take this sort of thing at all seriously, despite people paying real world money to their parent company.

Seems very odd to take so little care of their games (though I realize that CO is of lesser importance than their shiny new mutated D&D baby, at least as far as profits are concerned).

EDIT: Launcher launches now!
  • Options
    kingchaotickingchaotic Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone make works the launcher??? i dont u.u...

error at attempt 2
  • Options
    kingchaotickingchaotic Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is this a recurring problem? (Posts here sort of suggest that it's happened several times before). I only started playing a week or two ago and today all I can achieve is

Don't Cryptic have staff in the office on sunday?

The current money exploit in NWO would tend to suggest that they don't take this sort of thing at all seriously, despite people paying real world money to their parent company.

Seems very odd to take so little care of their games (though I realize that CO is of lesser importance than their shiny new mutated D&D baby, at least as far as profits are concerned).

EDIT: Launcher launches now!

How do you make it work????? can you Upload the launcher plxx u.u??
  • Options
    thedoggygirlthedoggygirl Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How do you make it work????? can you Upload the launcher plxx u.u??

It didn't patch, it's the same launcher .exe that 2 hours ago wouldn't connect. Maybe there are internet related issues across the atlantic or something...vague and non specific like that.

I can barely play, rubberbanding like mad, "Server not responding" messages, but it is sort of working :D

Just keep trying and it may work for you, sorry I don't have a fix.
  • Options
    sarahlonnysarahlonny Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was getting the issue of not being able to launch, and now occasionally I get to the splash screen where I enter my password, and if it manages to load in fully (as in not with a white background), it won't do anything. It won't authenticate and so I'm essentially locked out of the game. I was able to get back in once, get back to where I was (RPing with a friend in the City), then got the server timeout message appearing at the top of the screen. I've tried NWO's launcher as well, with the same problem of failing to get beyond Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *Sigh.* What the hell is wrong with my launcher? It updated itself and it won't connect now.