test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Grond Hunting Tips?

jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Missions and Content
My small SG (3 of us) are thinking of going Grond Hunting. Never tried it before. All are lvl 40 though one is a somewhat squishy Soldier AT. We have the map of his route. Any useful tips or need-to-know types of information that could be of help?
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    A few things i can think of are

1) Have a fastish travel power (rank 3 flight works well)
    2) Check out the route and learn enough spots without needing to consult the map (watching exact spots he arrives at either before or during an attempt fighting him) For speed of getting from one to next.
    3) Dont try to engage him at every spot, skipping a few here and there to get to a better spot helps (there are a few where theres a lot of travel for just 1 or 2 stops, and others with little travel for a few stops
    4) When he lands the graphics bug often and it looks like he instantly leaves, then hell re eppear again on the ground as he didnt really leave, so dont run to next spot if that happens.
    5) Always open with your highest damage attack to get as much damage before he moves to next spot
    6) His complete route takes him around 30 minutes, last time i did it was 3 of us and it took us just over 1 complete run of his route (skipping some of his spawn points as mentioned above)
  • Options
    ruprechtvandoom1ruprechtvandoom1 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What has been said, and also:

1) Go to the gym or Grond will think your punches are like snuggle from baby kitten.

2) Put on your best costumes or Grond might find you as boring as rival mmo.

3) Have one team member stay in MC, and make him retell all the Grond jokes made in zone chat to keep the troops morale up.

Aftermath:

Design a T-Shirt that reads "I killed Grond, and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt!" then send that T-Shirt to your SG friends.
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Don't step in the HUGE piles of glowing green, "stuff."

Trust me on this.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    To kill him efficiently, you need atleast 2 teams. They dont have to be full teams, but you need 2 groups basically. One group always has to be waiting at the next jump point for him, and the previous group will go to the next jump point after the one he just landed on?

Did that make sense?..

STAMP OF APPROVAL!!

caligastamp.png
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Due to the previous graphics glitches mentioned. Keep "/target grond" handy and use it whenever you're in doubt(sometimes more than once). Hope this helps. :wink:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    pharmacopharmaco Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Only advice I can give is that when you are hunting Grond, be vewwy vewwy quwiet!:biggrin:
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    My small SG (3 of us) are thinking of going Grond Hunting. Never tried it before. All are lvl 40 though one is a somewhat squishy Soldier AT. We have the map of his route. Any useful tips or need-to-know types of information that could be of help?

Well I guess nobody else remembered the map...

:wink:

And when you bring me along it looks something like this:

PS: I'm not directly including the image tags on purpose because these pictures are too larger and will break the forum margins.