test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Now that CoX is gone, how about making some of their Power Sets?

heroshima1heroshima1 Posts: 107 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Suggestions Box
...namely:
Radiation Blast/Defense Set
Plant Control Set
SPINES!!!!
Shield Set
Sonic Set
Gravity Control Set
Mastermind Set (Maybe make a new powers tab and subset the Mercs, ninjas, thugs, ets)
Staff set (add to Martial Arts set)
Dark Melee

Also, add to our current sets and animations:

claws that actually eject from your hands
Nova Blast (Best AoE Ever!) for Force
Foot Stomp
Ice/Fire shields
Ice/Fire swords

I would mention mind control but I don't think the CC in CO is quite ready.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yogid0nnieyogid0nnie Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    /signed.. new powersets would be very, very, very welcome
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Some of those could be really simple to emulate, actually.
    Infernal and the particle beams of Power Armor can be used for Radiation. Force can be Gravity, though a few more powers would be helpful. Darkness, Ebon Sorcery and Telepathy have the potential to become pet master sets like the Mastermind, with just a few more summon powers.
    Elemental/Energy/Paranormal melee could be created with power-replacer-like form powers or devices that convert all physical melee damage into a specific other damage type and add an aura to the user's hands/weapons. Devices would be better suited for this, imo. And more likely, since PW could sell them.

Also, I still have that unfinished Spines/Plants/Shapeshifting power set concept laying around... :redface:

Oh, and you forgot one of the most requested sets here in CO: Water! :tongue:
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    To be honest, the various damage-type melee sets could probably be accomplished by adding some toggle powers, which changed the damage type you dealt and added some hand or other related aura to your character.

Add some new weapon models - like organic or transparent/crystal/hard-light weapons for single/dual blade, claws, and heavy weapon, and you'll be set.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Is this the right thread for my monthly clamour for soldier pets? Yes?

Soldier Pets for the Munitions set, NAO!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Is this the right thread for my monthly clamour for soldier pets? Yes?

Soldier Pets for the Munitions set, NAO!

We have Summon UNTIL/SteelHead/VIPER Soldier devices...the only issue is we cant summon more than one at a time :/

Also we can have toy soldier pets :3

But yes in all fairness it is not the same.

From what I remember from CoH, I'd love it if the following made it here:

-Defensive capability of the Force Powerset in CoH
    - Plant and Water Powersets
    - Telepathic Control Powersets (CO's CC is dead and broken but hopefully next year will bring promise to CO)
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm sure they've thought of this. Then they tagged it on to the end of their extremely long To Do List.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    heroshima1heroshima1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I would think making these sets would be move to a top priority, considering they could pull even more of CoX's previous players.
  • Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    add some Sonic the Hedgehog powers. :P (Armadillo?)
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    heroshima1 wrote: »
    I would think making these sets would be move to a top priority, considering they could pull even more of CoX's previous players.

You would be wrong.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'd love to see a time manipulation-based powerset, but between people's calls for more content and the fact that a lot of people (apparently) don't consider powersets content, this will be a very very low priority.
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    heroshima1 wrote: »

PW doesn't follow the concept of demand and supply, but has a near-monopolist marketing strategy:
    CoX is gone, so superhero MMORPG player only have CO and DCUO left. And PW knows that CO is the better game, even after being left to slow decay nearly a year ago (after On Alert). They don't invest in fixing bugs or actually improving this game because CoX fans do not really have any other choice! Instead, they only added toys and gambles for the players to spend money on.
  • Options
    stoopidmestoopidme Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As much as I want all of these, CoX existing was never any kind of obstacle to creating these sets and it's closure has not made getting new powers any more likely.

But I'd still like new powers to play with.

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • Options
    stauchstauch Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lestylo wrote: »
    I'd love to see a time manipulation-based powerset, but between people's calls for more content and the fact that a lot of people (apparently) don't consider powersets content, this will be a very very low priority.
    Considering how Time Manipulation worked in CoX I don't see an easy way to incorporate it into CO since there aren't that many powers that has a CD.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    stauch wrote: »
    Considering how Time Manipulation worked in CoX I don't see an easy way to incorporate it into CO since there aren't that many powers that has a CD.

"Time Manipulation" has a very broad and vague meaning. It can be represented by increasing or decreasing movement speed, power charge times, regen rate (energy or health), and by slowing physical projectiles or melee attacks to lessen their impact.

So the set would be heavy on the debuffs, but pretty light on direct damage. Perhaps they could give it some sort of "focused time decay" attacks, which use a very narrow beam of highly accelerated time to cause the target to age/decay/break down at the point - imposing a movement/charge time/healing debuff with each hit, (could call this effect 'temporal decay' or something).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    stauch wrote: »

That's a good point, though I think it a slotted passive could affect any sort of cooldowns in a given team (even the few that are there). It may be pointless to most but adds some value to the power and won't hurt anybody if it is added in. As for the rest....
    bioshrike wrote: »
    "Time Manipulation" has a very broad and vague meaning. It can be represented by increasing or decreasing movement speed, power charge times, regen rate (energy or health), and by slowing physical projectiles or melee attacks to lessen their impact.

So the set would be heavy on the debuffs, but pretty light on direct damage. Perhaps they could give it some sort of "focused time decay" attacks, which use a very narrow beam of highly accelerated time to cause the target to age/decay/break down at the point - imposing a movement/charge time/healing debuff with each hit, (could call this effect 'temporal decay' or something).

I see it working it like this as well. I can see it working to mess with enemies and their energy regeneration as well. I recall during Demonflame and Aftershock there was a guy who could literally slow down time but I imagine that was due to the fact they were in a room and not some limited area affect. If it was a limited area affect that could work in an open world situation, then that would be pretty cool to toss in. But yeah, this powerset would work best modifying everyone else as opposed to being heavy on offense itself.
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What would pull more CoH players would be if they would buy the rights to the stories and characters of CoH and they would create with it a paralel universe,using the same rules and powersets of Champions Online, and giving to the players chars the possibility to travel from an universe to the other
  • Options
    pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What would pull more CoH players would be if they would buy the rights to the stories and characters of CoH and they would create with it a paralel universe,using the same rules and powersets of Champions Online, and giving to the players chars the possibility to travel from an universe to the other

/OT

OR...

They could just use the existing characters and stories CO and its PnP version provide us with and the CoH players could adapt to the new environment.

/endOT
  • Options
    spazmeerspazmeer Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Or bring in some of the powersets that were in development but never got too see the light of day in CoH. Bio Armor, Radiation Armor, Savage Melee, and others that i'm missing. I'll post when I get home, saved the links :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited December 2012

I've always hoped for this. Very unlikely but it would be rather awesome and very popular. The sheer press they would get for doing this would be something else.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    lestylo wrote:
    I see it working it like this as well. I can see it working to mess with enemies and their energy regeneration as well. I recall during Demonflame and Aftershock there was a guy who could literally slow down time but I imagine that was due to the fact they were in a room and not some limited area affect. If it was a limited area affect that could work in an open world situation, then that would be pretty cool to toss in. But yeah, this powerset would work best modifying everyone else as opposed to being heavy on offense itself.

Most enemies do not actually have energy, so effects that mess with said energy would be useless for most PvE fights.

The time/slowdown effects you are talking about from Aftershock also happen in one of the towers during Demonflame. In that case, the effect actually affects the global time multiplier for the entire instance, (you can see the time multiplier in the upper right of the screen when this happens), so it's highly unlikely to be something players would be able to do.

The trick with this type of set would be to make clever use of slows and speed/regen debuffs, while also attaching a cool rippling effect - they could adapt the visual for distortion acrobatics but in a more spherical shape to get just the right look, IMO.
  • Options
    thelostexilethelostexile Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sonic and Mastermind sets, yes please.

/signed
  • Options
    euthymiaeuthymia Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'd be happy with just the CoX Costumes and Teleport powers.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    ^ A hundred times what the previous poster said.

I also forgot to note:

Plant Control.

I actually have a character RP-Wise that can control nature. Just not actually, because it's not in the game.
  • Options
    doomedluke1doomedluke1 Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I fully and totaly endorse plant based, water and sonic powersets. :D

Never played CoX, so don't know how these worked on them, but for plant control, there are so many options!

Holds, barriers or shields of wood or wines, shots of wood spikes, clouds of poisonous spores, plant tentacles (maybe like Shadow Embrace)... I'd certainly play a powerset like this. Just could not imagine what a travel power could be... I know of the existence of Wine Swing, but don't like this idea very much. The Ninja Leaves teleport might fit though.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Never played CoX, so don't know how these worked on them, but for plant control, there are so many options!

Holds, barriers or shields of wood or wines, shots of wood spikes, clouds of poisonous spores, plant tentacles (maybe like Shadow Embrace)... I'd certainly play a powerset like this. Just could not imagine what a travel power could be... I know of the existence of Wine Swing, but don't like this idea very much. The Ninja Leaves teleport might fit though.

Plant Control in CoX went two ways (If I'm remembering right). You could either be somewhat of a DPS-lite melee based character with thorn spikes and poisonous DoT, or you could be a crowd controller with tons of AoE holds and strangles at your disposal.
  • Options
    stauchstauch Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Plant Control in CoX went two ways (If I'm remembering right). You could either be somewhat of a DPS-lite melee based character with thorn spikes and poisonous DoT, or you could be a crowd controller with tons of AoE holds and strangles at your disposal.
    You're most likely thinking of dominator and controller secondaries, where the first ones were damage oriented and second ones support oriented. ParagonWiki doesn't show a difference in the plant control set itself between dominator and controller.

Wouldn't mind something plant based in the game but it's not possible to implement the controller and dominator sets as were due the big difference in how CC is handled (loved being able to sometimes perma-hold AVs and most EBs :tongue: ). Honestly, it was one of the reasons I loved CoX, coupled with tanker and MM ATs.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Actually he's thinking of Plant Control vs. Spines (which, while plant-based, was not Plant Control).
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    alodylisalodylis Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Add Ranged dmg to melee powers set and melee to ranged power sets /signed I WANT ICE SWORD!
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I do like the spiked trap device you can pick up on monster island, shame it has only a few charges, it could work in a plant set i think.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited January 2013

IN CoH the first 3 travel powers fly, superspeed and superjump worked just like here.Teleport was different: you pressed the bound key to activate it. a target appeared , you moved it, with the mouse, where you wanted to be teleported, you left clicked and there you were teleported The various ninja run, beast run worked like athletics and acrobatics here
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    To be honest, the various damage-type melee sets could probably be accomplished by adding some toggle powers, which changed the damage type you dealt and added some hand or other related aura to your character.

I'd suggested something like this before, even some of the various existing offensive toggle abilities could be used to alter (and visual effect) the damage type of the melee/ranged powers you're using. So for example, Mental Discipline would alter Might, so the damage type is half crushing and half ego damage. The same would apply if you used it with Munitions, where it'd change to piercing/ego damage instead.
  • Options
    bloomoombabloomoomba Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I totally am putting my 2 cents in on here for wanting a couple CoX powersets... I'm looking at you, plant control and watery assault.

I'm crazy though, I need them for my Eevee-based toons; can't do Vaporeon (water) or Leafeon (grass) with what CO has, as I can't just sub Ice in for water, due to an Ice eevee.

Plus, why not? I like nature powers, might help with a Swamp Thing / Force of Nature theme for people/
  • Options
    archlighterarchlighter Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As a refugee I find myself wanting to make my Champions PnP character that was a mix of Marvels Dazzler and Champions Howler. I am even using her picture as my Avatar. But the only Sonic's i can find are gun based which is a total concept shutdown. I can find plenty of laser simulations but none for a Sonic Shout AOE cone etc.

Totally an Energy projector power set to go with the others.