test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Credit where it's due - Lore Tabs came back

logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
As important as it is to point out where Cryptic is failing and neglecting the game so they do better, never let it be said that we can't recognize or notice when they do something RIGHT.

I'm not sure when it happened, but sometime between Dec 1st and now the Lore Tab was quietly restored. All my characters have all the lore notes back that they had accumulated and that were seemingly lost for good back in the late summer/early fall of this year.

Glad I hadn't yet gotten around to deleting my main characters and starting over yet. In fact I was checking on one of them one last time and noticed everything was BACK and I was SHOCKED. Quickly alt-switched to several different characters to confirm that the Lore tabs on all of them were restored.

I just wanted to point out they actually FIXED something. And whoever did that needs a pat on the back. That was rather important to some of us.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What if the lore tab returning was simply a consequence of starting the winter event?

Without communication, we won't know why things happen anymore.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I think they hired Ethan Hunt to covertly insert them back in while we wernt looking.
    Cryptic has also hired Solid Snake to fix the throw bug and the Man from Uncle is having a look at the targeting.

Bond well he's to busy checking out Witchcraft's **** to be of any real use.

Its all very hush hush need to know spy $h!t >.>
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    And now to shatter your restored faith in Cryptic once more:

Not all of the lore is back. Most notably the info on Mechanon you obtain from Dr. Silverback, Gadgetboy, Tyrell Donaldson and the robot in Belle's Saloon.

You can get some lore back by talking to the latter, but the other three NPCs don't have an ''ask about Mechanon'' option anymore.

Said option has always disappeared sometime after you've obtained the lore from them (maybe after you complete the associated lore perk, but I'm not sure), which struck me as rather odd.
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I need Tutorial Lore still.. and know almost surely that I did get it. But now it's still showing as not complete in perks window.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I agree with the general sentiment of this thread. When Cryptic does something that we feel is good, we need to have a god damn carnival over it. Negative reinforcement only goes so far, positive reinforcement makes Ceaser a happy Dog Whisperer.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Id love to congratulate them on something good, wake me up when that happens, since i havent seem them do something good since whiteout.
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Credit where credit is due.

Yay for some good news!!!

:smile:
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Indeed.

Kudos.
  • aetharburnaetharburn Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    *random passenger*
    "Oh, look, a train crash!"

*next three months, every day*
    "Oh, look, the broken train's still in the middle of the road."

*after three months*
    "OMG, they removed the train wreck! KUDOS!"

No. Just no. It's gone on for too long and it shouldn't have been broken in the first place.
    I'm not going to commend laziness and incompetence.

Kudos to the players for sitting still and taking all this neglect.

"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality."
    Thanks. Clearly the people working on the game are actually working on it. Sure i too would like more people working on it so we wouldn't have to wait so long for fixes (points at sig. Will check shortly to see if my antenna are back on either male or female characters) but i can appreciate the huge workload for those who have these jobs and the effort they put in.

Hope you folks get some more staff to help out soon. Thanks for all you are able to do.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    aetharburn wrote: »
    *random passenger*

*after three months*

No. Just no. It's gone on for too long and it shouldn't have been broken in the first place.

That's very bitter sounding, but has an element of truth to it... Point taken.

However...

Counter-question, for the sake of discussion & understanding: Would you rather they wipe out everyone's characters and gear that they invested so much time & effort into? Like what NCSoft did to City of Heroes recently?

I say screw that. I'll take painfully slow and apathetically lazy over complete oblivion, and I'm hardly the only one on that.

The right thing to do is stand together as a community and make sure Perfect World knows what we want and that making their customers happy and have fun is good for business. Just being a bitter pissant about it won't get results... Get my point?
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    aetharburn wrote: »
    *random passenger*

*after three months*

more like oh they finally cleaned MOST of it up but one train car is still there...Yay they cleaned up most of something that should not have happened!

They take months to semi-fix something and we are suppsoe to cheer?
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    agentnx5 asks:

That's very bitter sounding, but has an element of truth to it... Point taken.

However...

Counter-question, for the sake of discussion & understanding: Would you rather they wipe out everyone's characters and gear that they invested so much time & effort into? Like what NCSoft did to City of Heroes recently?

I say screw that. I'll take painfully slow and apathetically lazy over complete oblivion, and I'm hardly the only one on that.

That's not a counter question, that's a silly question. Why do so many here act like it's "accept it quietly or they'll kill the game!" are the only choices here.
    The right thing to do is stand together as a community and make sure Perfect World knows what we want and that making their customers happy and have fun is good for business. Just being a bitter pissant about it won't get results... Get my point?

From the outside looking in, I'd say neither one gets any results.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png