test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'm not quitting, but...

twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
I've pretty much milked the game dry. Played all the missions. Seen all the sights. Punched all the faces. Freeform is pretty much all that's left. Which has its appeal but all it would mean is that I'll be punching Kevin Poe again, just harder.

I've even tried gimping myself. The maps are a lot bigger on foot. Try it some time. Totally changes your view of the place.

The problem with my plan with putting the game down for a bit and not coming back until they either announce the shutdown or the massive update (as if), is the inevitable "Can I have your stuffs?" question. Why? Because I wanted to give you my stuffs so it'll be more challenging when I came back and couldn't twink out my toon.

Looking at my hideout bank told me that all of my stuff was vendor trash. So I sold them.

I have some Halloween become devices still. I'd put them all in the AH but I guess if I do more than a handful at a time the building would explode...

Comments

• biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm not closing this thread but...

I am.

April Fool's!

Oh I'm way off...
    biffsig.jpg
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm not closing this thread but...

I am.

April Fool's!

Oh I'm way off...

Smackwell Alert!

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If I stay then the population stays higher and my in game (and possible IRL) friends will stay. We can continue to pay meager amounts to Cryptic in hopes that they will not take our money and feed it to NeverWinter.

If I go the game population keeps dwindling until there's nothing left and they eventually close the game, thus invalidating my pasttime over the last 3 years and all the $ spent on CO.

- -

This is the question facing the diehards. We are the blood of this game and we are very slow moving.. a heart attack seems imminent. We have begged the devs for medical attention (bug fixes and new content) but to no avail over 3 years. The patient (Champions Online) is in a vegetative coma and everyone's asking if they should pull the plug or try a risky and possibly expensive medical procedure.

It is worth noting that all of this could have been prevented if only the doctors hadn't ignored the patient's pleading years ago. Healthcare is MUCH less expensive when you do preventative care instead of emergency care.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Heh, now CO is Terry Schiavo.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm not posting or responding.......

I'm just asking for your stuffs! :biggrin:
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Heh, now CO is Terry Schiavo.

Hey, we can always go and play City... Oh. :frown:

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    klitty wrote: »
    Hey, we can always go and play City... Oh. :frown:

We can play DCUO!

... Least, 'til Sony kills the PS3 servers and the game goes straight to the pile next to Everquest.
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I'm not posting or responding.......

I'm just asking for your stuffs! :biggrin:

I think I still have a couple of Become Franks, Witch costume bits, and action figures to give away. I'll have take some time off from slowly leveling my half naked PWI anime girls to login to see what's left. But if you're on sometime after seven Japan time you have a chance of getting them from me.

I'll do first come first serve for something everyone probably still has heaps of.
    Ok i undertsand how you have done everything practicaly....

But i suggest that maybe you should try something different....like not only doing the freeform slot.....but with the free form character...try to play as a true assassin...

I suggested this a while back in a differing game to other players...

And when i mean play as a true assassin I mean the entire...try to do the missions and only do what the mission says.....the absolute bare minimum for the mission...but also like an assassin would.

So Like you mention kevin Poe....if you have to defeat Kevin Poe....then you should go in....beat Kevin Poe and no one else....you should do it in a way you are not detected if possible....just like an Assassin would.

If you want to have some bonus fun....if you do pick up groups which are best to do this in....tell the team or members or just plain in zone chat offer to eliminate things for globals....if someone says duel me....then say ok if they pay you....if you lose then say you where not paid to win only to duel.....if you win then say you where not paid to lose...but you would lose if they where willing to pay you.

If this is something that doesnt seam like fun...then dont worry about it....

At this point I also highly suggest that....if you do quit....dont just quit all the way, come back and play every so often to see what is happening....
    After all there is no rule that says you cant do that...this game is free anywise....so...I am just thinking that maybe you should not simply throw away the time you spent playing.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• kingofflamekingofflame Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i need a new exe i cnt updates some one plz help me plz post new exe i need it