test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

let's take a vote #3 Costume Sets

jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Suggestions Box
let's take a vote #3 Costume Sets

ok what costume sets would you want to see?
vote for up to 5 different sets or put all your votes in one
voting will close Dec 31, 2012
i will create conceptual art for the winner

rules for voting
  • no changing your vote ( it just becomes a mess to recount)
  • everyone gets 5 points to vote, put them all in 1 or split them up how you like. 5pt | 1pt+2pt+1pt+1pt | etc
  • feel free to give your reasons after clearly stating your vote
  • vote only once
  • any extra voting, (more than 5 pts or voting twice) will be ignored
  • stay on topic please
  • feel free to suggest sets you don't see
  • all sets should be acceptable to the TOS (no kinky or clone sets) to be counted
voting format
vote - x points
vote - x points

opinion (optional)

THE RESULTS

• tiki set - 1
  • myth set - 2
  • elemental set - 3
  • rodent set - 1
  • clockwork - 2
  • Abstract geometry set - 1
  • custom power armor weapons - 5
  • fat set - 12
  • henshin set - 5
  • more hairstyles - 6
  • shields - 13
  • future set - 2
  • Classic heroes - 3
  • Civilian Clothing set- 11
  • alternate hairstyles - 2
  • animal heads/muzzles - 20
  • alternative legs - 8
  • multiple arms - 1
  • giant robot set - 2
  • riot/specops - 2
  • Gothic/fluted - 1
  • mystery box - 3
  • integrated weaponry
  • archery set(sucks because i wont get to draw anything) - 5
  • zodiac symbols - 1
  • new font letters - 1
  • crown emblems - 1
  • wizards of the draped robes - 1
  • even more tights - 2
  • anywhere emblems - 1
  • weapons - 2
  • sleek cyber - 3
  • active effects pieces - 1
  • more triangle tights - 1
  • organic details - 2
  • energy weapons - 1
  • kirby - 1
  • vintage - 2
  • gypsy - 2
  • scars and tattoos - 1
  • hensin - 2
  • giant robo 2(crush them now) - 2

updated to reply: #43

Post edited by jasinblaze on

Comments

• jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    reserved for art
    edited November 2012
    tiki set - 1pt
    myth set - 1pt
    elemental set - 1pt
    rodent set - 1pt
    clockwork - 1pt

tiki set - giant masks and islander garbs, spears
    myth set - minotaurs and monkey kings
    elemental set - flame,frost, toxic, electric hair, hair sort od power coupling armor, minimalistic with elemental skin effects
    rodent set -non aggressive rabbit and mouse heads, rodent paws, armor and apparel maybe some weapons as well
    clockwork - over size armor , bulky gauntlets, etc with a clock work theme
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That Clock Work set looks kind of cool...

Clockwork 2

Customizable Costume pieces for the Power Armor Slots. 3

What I mean for the Power Armor Slot pieces is that being able to apply different skins to the weapons that pop out from the Armor.

For example the Wrist Bolters, Could be swapped with mini-gun skins (like the annihilator destroids in Resistance).

The Mini-Gun could be changed into smaller versions of the various Gatling Gun skins in munitions.

The Tactical Missile Launcher could use the pop up launcher that the Cyber Ninja device has. Among other possible design layouts.

And the Shoulder Launcher could have various alternate skins, like the Shoulder Cannon that's on the Lemurian device.
  • lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Elemental set- 2

Future set-2
    -By that I mean something along the lines of more tech pieces but NO PA or sci-fi sets here

-Myth- 1
  • titotito333999titotito333999 Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Fat Chicks set - 5pt

Add big fat body parts categories and custom "too small for her" shirt type costume unlocks that make my chick just they way I like her... For example Fat Head, Fat Torso, Fat Hands, Fat Lower Body categories, and "burger in hand" gloves.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This was awesome while it lasted
    Abstract geometry set - 1 point.
    Classic heroes - 1 point.

The optimal civilian set would include stuff like loose t-shirts and loose flannel, rimless glasses, turtleneck sweaters, new hairstyles, new facial hair, and new hats.

Abstract geometry would be good for transitional parts. If making something like a blocky robot, for example, it would be really valuable to have an option for a rectangular torso. Other things, like smooth ball joints and cylindrical armor would be neat.

An optimal classic heroes set would include a set of interchangeable tights patterns, with several based around identically-sized conjoining patterns around the waist (think like vertical stripes that link up around the waistline), tights patterns that facilitate strategic positioning of emblems, and, of course, extra emblem options; maybe even alternate letter emblems in symmetrical or serif styles.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Shields Costume Pack*. 5 Points.

*Shields Costume Pack: Giving a variety of classic Roman, Medieval, Egyptian, futuristic/tech shields (actual shields, not bucklers like Golden Age Pack) for both Bracers AND arm detail, making you able to use the shield even with long gloves.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I love the shield set idea. 2

I would liek an Animal head set, including a Lion and Horse(not for My little Pnoy but it is what 90% of poeple would us it for :smile:) head. 1

Hair, I would love to have 20-30 new hair designs. and in this update they could make goatees available in half helms. 2

#Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • pugdaddypugdaddy Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Giant Robot Set!!!
    Cockpit heavy chest armor. Back-mounted cannons. More robot limb designs (elbowless weapon-arms, industrial, reverse-joint legs). Dome head. Chest-mounted spotlights. Shoulderpads that resemble missile pods. Neckless cylidrical torso. Mechanical Hips.
    big weapon bracers. Inspirations: Armoreded Core, Mecha Warrior
    http://hagglefish.deviantart.com/art/armored-core-303220876
    http://s666.beta.photobucket.com/user/reaper_03/media/comic%20weapons%20armor%20and%20ships/Mech.jpg.html
    http://www.hancinema.net/images/news8317.jpg
    http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=mech#/d41pm38
    http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=mech&offset=72#/d59emgk

Animal heads
    Including crown headwear for frog heads. Give the people what they want: horse heads (with option zebra stripes). Cat heads that aren't giant, expressionless grimaces (Cat-girls deserve love too!) Fox heads, rhino heads, pig heads, goat head,
    Monsterous giant eye-ball head, carnivorous plant head

Alternate legs
    wheelchairs, tank treads, 4 or 6 leg style (insect and robot skins), single wheeled leg, tentacles, aquatic mammal fins, fish tail, snake tail

Multiple arms
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Military/Riot/SpecOps Gear - 2pts
    Gothic/Fluted Armor - 1pt
    Animal Masks - 1pt
    Integrated Weaponry - 1pt

Military/Riot/SpecOps Gear - This would focus more on military backpacks, satchels, bandoliers, pads, helmets, riot/ballistic shields, holsters, and harnesses.
    Gothic/Fluted Armor - This would be more form-fitting, but highly stylized European armor w/ sharper angles and aggressive detailing. It'd also contain elaborate punch-ins and grilles.
    Animal Masks - This would be a series of head accessories, (top, side, headwear, eye, mouth, and neck), which allow you to pull off different animal looks - thinks like snouts, muzzles, ears (floppy and upright), tusks, and more animalistic eye options.
    Integrated Weaponry - This would be a series of bracers, shoulder pads, backpacks, feet, and arm/leg accessories which contain gun barrels, rockets, turrets, and so on.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That archery costume set we saw the concept art for over a year ago, complete with high heeled thigh high boots. 5 points
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    OK, here we go...

First three are big ones for me. Chest emblems...

1 to Astrological/Zodiac symbol emblems. Hell yeah...

1 to "Champions" font emblems. I hate the comic-serf letter and number emblems. We need more dynamic options. Look at the top of this web page. See those words? "Champions Online Free For All". See those letters that make up those words? I wanna wear those...

1 to Crown emblems. Yeah, crowns. Where the heck are they? How hard is it to make a crown? A base, three or four points, bam, crown. Screw Edom, give me a standard crown. The only CoH character that I have not been able to re-create in CO is Brunswick the Human Bowling Ball and that's purely because we don't have a simple freakin' crown!

/rant off. Now to actual costume sets...

1 to Beast Heads, especially updated cat heads. Maybe they could do like they did with the Avian set beaks. Have a standard cat head and let us pick a nose/mouth combo that would emulate a lion, tiger, domistic cat, etc...

1 to a true wizard/sorceress (druid?) set, with head to toe robes and draped sleeves, or whatever you would call them. Large open sleeves that hang down. Really want those...

Dat be it.... :cool:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Civilian clothing- 2
    More tight designs- 2
    Animals/ insect/ alien heads- 1

I would desire the civilian clothing compatible with current sets like the Pulp or Urban sets.
    Civilian Clothing set- 1
    alternate hairstyles - 3
    animal heads - 1

That's how I'd split it.
  • som3one1som3one1 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Civilian clothing - 3pt
    Hair stuff - 2pt

Thats my two locals.
    If you are reading this you have stopped reading my post and are now reading my signature.
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    3: Mystery Box 2(aka, the completion of the missing parts from LAUNCH and almost 0 conflicts/restrictions. This set would also include various missing pieces from c-store sets that either didn't make it into the actual set or were gender-locked for no reason)

2: Henshin(Tokusatsu) Set (See:Ruko's Pics...and realize that's only the tip of what could be a very versatile set if the pieces were generic enough to be more useful than with their own pieces)

Also, this doesn't get a vote with my alotted points, but a dev actually told me a few months ago that they were trying to get at least the wrist bolters hooked up for live to be able to use weapon geos....now what became of that I do not know, but it was something that they wanted to do at some point. Just thought I would mention it.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • shytalashytala Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    1. 2 points - Beast Heads of any type, this includes those that can also wear the hair and hats and such. Some better looking cats heads would be great. Include their tails and such in this too.

2. 2 points - Detached Beast Items - ears, muzzles, skins, etc. Because not everyone wants the cat head look. By skins I mean like you choose skin color, you should be able to choose a skin, like leopard or snake, without having to take up the tights part of your costume.

3. 1 point - Emblems you can wear anywhere, not just chest and back. Why not on the thigh area or the lower back or the stomach area or the bicep area.

[Insert Witty Signature Here]
    edited November 2012
    sorry about not updating
    had a video card fail on me, just got a new computer will be back on as soon as i install windows on it
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    All my 5 points to shields. :rolleyes:
  • lo1processorlo1processor Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Fat Set - 5pt

Super Honeybooboo, in CO. Imagine that. It can't be too hard. Mouth accessory is a set of extra chins, arm accessory is a piece of blubber, same for legs and hipswear, hands and feet have smaller toes and larger main parts. Yep.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happily processing LOL's for over 300 days and counting . . .
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    2 Points: Weapons set, preference toward guns.
    3 Points: Sleek Cybernetic Armor

-Face armor
    -Backpack
    -Gauntlets
    -Boots
    -Bracers
    -Tights/exoskeleton
    -Skin

This could also come with some hi-tech weapons as well.
  • lightsaucelightsauce Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    pugdaddy wrote: »
    Alternate legs: wheelchairs, tank treads, 4 or 6 leg style (insect and robot skins), single wheeled leg, tentacles, aquatic mammal fins, fish tail, snake tail
    my 5 point right there.

the snake tail would be call naga
    and anarchy spider legs which i think what you meant, ghost trail and a "certain stances" for no legs at all.
    pugdaddy wrote:
    Alternate legs: wheelchairs, tank treads, 4 or 6 leg style (insect and robot skins), single wheeled leg, tentacles, aquatic mammal fins, fish tail, snake tail

This is extremely unlikely to happen, unless they can be fudged to use the current walk/run/swim/kick animations. The devs aren't going to completely redo every power that involves your legs just for a costume set.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • lightsaucelightsauce Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bioshrike wrote: »
    This is extremely unlikely to happen, unless they can be fudged to use the current walk/run/swim/kick animations. The devs aren't going to completely redo every power that involves your legs just for a costume set.

i understand what you mean and i'm just dreaming for it to happen...:tongue:

let just say some some legs would be in another part of costume set something we don't expect.

i mean whp doesn't want ghost trail?
    bioshrike wrote: »
    while the multilimbed ones might not be feasible for current system. i definitely can see a way to do no legs or robot mech legs. the fat mesh would have to be a separate mesh or maybe just a belt
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    • More hair (including long dreads and headbands)
    • More powered pieces (like the holographic visors etc)
    • Ghost Bottoms (as seen on the Spectre)
    • Floating Stance/Walk style (its in the costume generator just not avail to players)
    • More geometric tights (Triangles instead of circles and squares!)
    edited November 2012
    Once upon a time the PTS Tailor broke and we, for a brief momment, had a glimpse at everything possible in the tailor...and that included things like ghost trails and various leg alternatives. So while multiple arms/legs might be a stretch...I do not believe the entire concept is impossible because some of it is there now. Just sayin.... :cool:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
    edited November 2012
    crosschan wrote: »
    Once upon a time the PTS Tailor broke and we, for a brief momment, had a glimpse at everything possible in the tailor...and that included things like ghost trails and various leg alternatives. So while multiple arms/legs might be a stretch...I do not believe the entire concept is impossible because some of it is there now. Just sayin.... :cool:
    good to know, what are your votes btw
  • rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    New Animal Heads

Types of heads I would like to see. Horned based animal heads that could make use of all the side, top and bottom accessory horns.

Rhinoceros Head, Buffalo Head, Ox Head, Goat Head, Horse Head, Mammoth Head, Elephant Head, Warthog Head, Dragon Head

• stoopidmestoopidme Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Classic Hero (Tights) - 2pts
    Organics (large detailed muscles as arm accessories, spines and bones, etc) - 2pts
    Civilian Clothing - 1pt

Brick_McDuggins in game.
    edited November 2012
    jasinblaze wrote: »
    good to know, what are your votes btw

Back in post 18? :biggrin:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
    edited November 2012
    crosschan wrote: »
    Back in post 18? :biggrin:
    I really do exist just in the now, ever since i burned my yearbooks when i was 18 lol
  • hitmousehitmouse Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I really like the idea of a fat set. I was saddened when I realized I couldn't make a really chubby toon.

Also, energy weapons... and by that I mean transparent (and potentially glowy) weapons of all kinds. Suitable for energy/magical constructs, or as transparent ice/crystal weapons.
    edited November 2012
    hitmouse wrote: »
    I really like the idea of a fat set. I was saddened when I realized I couldn't make a really chubby toon.

Also, energy weapons... and by that I mean transparent (and potentially glowy) weapons of all kinds. Suitable for energy/magical constructs, or as transparent ice/crystal weapons.
    so how are you dividing the 5 points ?
  • hitmousehitmouse Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh, I get 5?! Well....

Fat set gets 2.

Energy weapons gets 1.

A set inspired by Jack Kirby's work gets 1. We need more blaster headbands, geometric helmets (think galactus and juggernaut), and other kirby-esque strangness.

and shields gets 1 (although I'd like to see this as a power set even more).
  • orrynnorrynn Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ok I guess I will play along with this.

Vintage Set 2points
    Is your hero from another time or just like to shop in Goodwill. Here is stuff to help fill your closet. some stuff found in this set.
    Hairstyles: Bouffant (think peggy bundy)
    Tight/skin: Belly shirt, mesh shirt (with bra for women)
    Neck: Discman headphones, peace neckless
    Chest wear: oversized Tie-dye tee shirt
    Jacket: Unbuttoned Shirt over Tee
    Feet: Rollerskates, Plateform shoes
    Skirt: Poodle skirt
    Leg Acc. Leg warmers
    (not sure where to put this) Sweater tied around waist (Thinking like the butt cape)

Gypsy 2points
    Stuff in this set.
    Head scarfs, multi-colored skirts, bare feet with anklets, ect..
    (I did not put to much thought into this one:biggrin:)

Scars and Tattoos 1 point
    More scars and tattoos for all over. i want scars for the body and legs, tattoos for the face, more for the body, legs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zenebatos2zenebatos2 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Personnaly i fell then rather then adding new costumes with odd textures and geometry bugs .

they should work on the existing costumes bugs and add more possibilities to compatibilities between different costumes pieces.

Not being able to wear a coat when you have a bullet proof or tactical vest is just Heretical and should be punished...
  • dynamechdynamech Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Henshin Heroes - 2pts
    Giant Robo / Mecha - 2pts
    Civilian Garb - 1pt
    edited December 2012
    zenebatos2 wrote: »
    Personnaly i fell then rather then adding new costumes with odd textures and geometry bugs .

they should work on the existing costumes bugs and add more possibilities to compatibilities between different costumes pieces.

Not being able to wear a coat when you have a bullet proof or tactical vest is just Heretical and should be punished...
    you do know you are a nay-sayer, right?
    you couldn't do that in another thread, you have to poison someone elses, your opinion doesn't matter unless you are voting in this thread.
    edited December 2012
    updated and voting extended
    come on guys give me something good to draw
    i wont draw concept art for existing pieces
  • mightyelroymightyelroy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Animal heads - 5

Let me make one thing clear. Being a CoH refugee, I want my bugs back! No, not the computer glitches, the really cool insect features! Wasp eyes, antennae, etc. The insect head I found in CO is horrible! I want the Guilt Ridden Manits to be assisting Defender on CO. Please, if you are adding more animal heads, include some better insect heads (human heads with the antenna and insect eyes please!)
    edited December 2012
    Animal heads - 5

Let me make one thing clear. Being a CoH refugee, I want my bugs back! No, not the computer glitches, the really cool insect features! Wasp eyes, antennae, etc. The insect head I found in CO is horrible! I want the Guilt Ridden Manits to be assisting Defender on CO. Please, if you are adding more animal heads, include some better insect heads (human heads with the antenna and insect eyes please!)
    there are some insect eyes in eye accessories did you try those antenna are in top as well
    nevertheless votes added
  • darktempestggdarktempestgg Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Elemental - 3
    Myth - 1
    Gypsy - 1

I would like to see actual floor length robes and skirts, it sounds silly but its a tiny addition that would make a big change to me anyway.
  • mog555mog555 Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Animal heads/muzzles 4pt
    Custom Power Armor Weapon 1pt

I really hoping for a Mechanical Wolf head, since in Cyborg Beast only have a Dragon like head, plus Wolf head is awesome