test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Powers that would be amazing (not 100% expecting)

rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Suggestions Box
Shapeshifting/Transforming: Self-explanatory.

Power Borrowing/Copying/Stealing: Rogue, Amazo the works. Either by touch, just watching people do the powers or maybe absorbing their DNA and duplicating it whatever works.

More Martial Arts: Put more Muay Thai KB, Pro Boxing, Wrestling, Taekwondo, Kenpo stuff.

Throwing/Wrestling/Grappling: May have stated earlier but being able to throw your enemies. A new kind of mechanism that could have it's own power set (Grappling/Wrestling for Might and Judo/Jiu Jitsu for Martial Arts) and also be added as new powers for pre-existing power sets (like Heavy Weapons Impale and Throw etc.).

Lycanthropy/Were-beast: Similar to transformations but more specific to beast/human hybrids.

Kung Fu Mages
: Something like Last Airbender or merely something like Captain Falco's flame kicks and punches.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KungFuMage

CoV Minions/Summoning: Cops, military, paramilitary, robots, undead, demons, pirates, ninjas, medieval the works.

Semi-Shapeshifting
: Stretching limbs, body parts that turn into weapons (Spawn, Carnage, T1000), body growth changes (small, big), body cells changing to be immune to certain attacks. Spikes protruding out of body to use as weapons.

Absorption: Like Absorbing Man. Absorb INTERACTING OBJECTS and gain properties similar to them or the environment itself.

Sound/Sonic Powers using Musical Instruments: Need I say more? This could be a MENTALIST POWER SET.
Post edited by rugrothrumbor on

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Sound/Sonic Instruments style powers would NOT be Mentalist powers AT ALL. <- Massive No Thanks to that.

I do like the Last Airbender style of powers suggestion though.

Group/AoE Shielding - I've suggested this more times than I care to remember.
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'd just like to take a sec here to lower the expectations bar ALOT.

I'd like Earth Form(the Earth Passive). It's only been MIA from it's brief time on PTS for over a year now. :cool:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
    edited December 2012
    crosschan wrote: »
    I'd just like to take a sec here to lower the expectations bar ALOT.

I'd like Earth Form(the Earth Passive). It's only been MIA from it's brief time on PTS for over a year now. :cool:

Ah yes I do remember seeing this in one of Iron Marble's videos..I was always imagining it to grant the following:

- High KB Resistance
    - Increases damage taken to targets affected by stagger
    - Grants an earthy aura which grants a mixture of increase crushing/stagger damage and high elemental and crushing damage resistance.
    - Perhaps along with an advantage which would grant a chance for enemies who get too close to be trapped in earthen cages or to suffer from knock down effects.
  • stoopidmestoopidme Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ah yes I do remember seeing this in one of Iron Marble's videos..I was always imagining it to grant the following:

- High KB Resistance
    - Grants an earthy aura which grants a mixture of increase crushing/stagger damage and high elemental and crushing damage resistance.
    - Perhaps along with an advantage which would grant a chance for enemies who get too close to be trapped in earthen cages or to suffer from knock down effects.

Some effects based around fire damage would be good for those trying lava style characters.

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • mog555mog555 Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Kung Fu Mages[/U]: Something like Last Airbender or merely something like Captain Falco's flame kicks and punches.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KungFuMage

Sound/Sonic Powers using Musical Instruments: Need I say more? This could be a MENTALIST POWER SET.

Like the Airbender style, sound good with melee EB and finish a combo with a powerful knockback

Musical Instrument as Mental power doesn't feel right. If the power focus on support like the Mind but mostly AOE then it would be nice. Mix with Buff and DeBuff should fit this musical power

Sound like an idea?
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited December 2012

- High KB Resistance

Honestly, there is no need to even begin brainstorming this passive. It was originally removed because of how it interacted with Brawler's Snare. On Alert has removed the snare from Brawler and anybody can spec into it if they choose to do so(I would dare say it's not that popular for PvE and On Alert mostly murdered PvP so, sadly, that's of little concern). So....it's honestly, IMO, just a matter of putting the power back into the game at this stage. :cool:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • m1ndfr1km1ndfr1k Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    why devs dont make crossbow powerset?????? something like Van Helsing
  • rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    mog555 wrote: »
    Like the Airbender style, sound good with melee EB and finish a combo with a powerful knockback

Musical Instrument as Mental power doesn't feel right. If the power focus on support like the Mind but mostly AOE then it would be nice. Mix with Buff and DeBuff should fit this musical power

Sound like an idea?

I was thinking of a kind of support for Musical Instrument. One that buffs up the team and also heals it. And then powers that has crowd control elements and debuffs on the enemies while inflicting sonic damage. The vibrations done to the enemies nerves and brain are much like how telepathy would work and alter their actions or weaken them.

Would add another power set for Mentalist and I think sound vibrations do change a person's hormone balance and nervous system.
    edited December 2012
    I was thinking of a kind of support for Musical Instrument. One that buffs up the team and also heals it. And then powers that has crowd control elements and debuffs on the enemies while inflicting sonic damage. The vibrations done to the enemies nerves and brain are much like how telepathy would work and alter their actions or weaken them.

Would add another power set for Mentalist and I think sound vibrations do change a person's hormone balance and nervous system.

Sonic Vibrations only have effects on a persons emotions not actual nervous system and hormone balance, what music does is that it changes the way you feel to a certain extent and is just an outside stimulus, unlike mentalist abilities.

For that reason Musical Instruments would have to be Tech Tree Support.

Telepathy actually deals with the brain and inner functions and has a much more direct effect than music ever could.

You could argue the music would be hypnotic, then it would still have to be via some form of tech so would not fit into telepathy or telekinesis or mentalist categories.

If any additions to Mentalist Powerset need to be made it would be Illusion Master/Mistress and Hallucinations, not music.
  • stauchstauch Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Personally I would be happy if they put a few melee powers in the elemental pools, so I can make an effectively pure fire based melee tank or similar.
  • lonnehartlonnehart Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    stauch wrote: »
    Personally I would be happy if they put a few melee powers in the elemental pools, so I can make an effectively pure fire based melee tank or similar.

How about a Knuckle Bomber punch for Power Armor types? What one of the Knight Sabers in Bubblegum Crisis where her punch releases a damaging explosion on impact?
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I like the Knuckle Bomber suggestion above.

Also, I'd love to see a Plant powerset.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • stauchstauch Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lonnehart wrote: »
    How about a Knuckle Bomber punch for Power Armor types? What one of the Knight Sabers in Bubblegum Crisis where her punch releases a damaging explosion on impact?
    Was thinking more of something similar to the energy/elemental melee powersets from CoH/CoV. Would be very happy with four melee powers per element, that is one per tier (tier 4 doesn't count :tongue: ) and an energy builder.
  • rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lonnehart wrote: »

If possible they can add a fire punch that does a fire bomb explosion on impact to satisfy both elemental melee and you.

You can try this though. Apply Sonic Device then do a Haymaker. Even can make exploding kicks by applying it to a Crashing Wave Kick.
  • tomaantomaan Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    New powerset: Quarter staff/pole weapon

New model: throwing knives (at least give it as an option instead of shurikens)
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    tomaan wrote: »
    New powerset: Quarter staff/pole weapon

New model: throwing knives (at least give it as an option instead of shurikens)

Let's see, quarter staff...

Some sort of a thrust attack that repels, and knocks back on a full charge.
    An attack similar to eye of the storm, obviously.
    I forget what it's called, but a version of the sweep kick...
    The combo attack could apply staggered, and the "nuke" could do additional damage for each stack of staggered, as well as stunning for 1 second per stack, consuming all stacks in the process.
    A knock up of course.
    A PBAoE stun where you whirl around while twirling the staff.

Developing is easy! :D Now where's that animator at...

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.