test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bunker Buster Broken By-and-by

sanmercisanmerci Posts: 203 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Gameplay Bugs
Solo hero attempting Bunker Buster mission; rescued Golden Gizmo, Indy Kid, Silverhawk; did not rescue Liberty Guard. Fight with Cybercide was ludicrously simple since none of the big Primus Combat Robots activated. All other rooms appeared to work correctly, except I can't open up the War Room- I assume the Lab is beyond that- so I've been unable to complete this mission.

From reading old, archived posts, I see that this has been a problem with this mission before; is there any way to get around it?

Leave the instance and return after it resets, maybe?

Anything?

Anyone?

...Beuller?
Post edited by sanmerci on

Comments

• Options
    braxzanabraxzana Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Resetting is an option to be sure; I don't think I've ever seen this bug. You may HAVE to rescue X number of allies, or specific ones. Like, perhaps, the script running the thing requires that Nick Fury guy to be rescued and lead you to the armory where he puts on his big suit of armor.... or maybe you have to free the captured soldiers and beat up Red Winter....

The final fight is what annoys me --- depending on my build, it's near impossible for me to solo because ALL the supervillains bum-rush me and just obliterate me while my allies stand around twiddling their thumbs. :P
  • Options
    sanmercisanmerci Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    braxzana wrote: »
    Resetting is an option to be sure; I don't think I've ever seen this bug. You may HAVE to rescue X number of allies, or specific ones. Like, perhaps, the script running the thing requires that Nick Fury guy to be rescued and lead you to the armory where he puts on his big suit of armor.... or maybe you have to free the captured soldiers and beat up Red Winter....

The final fight is what annoys me --- depending on my build, it's near impossible for me to solo because ALL the supervillains bum-rush me and just obliterate me while my allies stand around twiddling their thumbs. :P

Yeah- I did end up resetting and it worked fine after that. Fortunately I was playing a serious tank, so getting bum-rushed didn't insta-kill me, but I will agree that the other heroes were only a little better than useless. I kept having to drag villains to them, aggro dump, then reacquire aggro in order to get them to work...
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yes, mine won't let me into the last 2 rooms becasue of the bug listed on the Wiki discussion. 2 primus people who won't heal, just lay there crying for help
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    wacky99wacky99 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I was able to complete the whole mission on a Celestial themed FF toon, however I still ran into the same bug in the final room, where all of my recruited buddies just stood there like stunned mullets while I got the snot beaten out of me. The PRIMUS soldiers did attack though.

My Nemesis was/is might, the other three were Force, Ice and another Might villain, so I was getting pounded by invisible might guys and then punted around the room by the force villain. It wasn't pretty, but I did complete it! My strategy was to just run back out of the room and box the villains in to a coridoor, back right up to where more PRIMUS guys are guarding an intersection. That enabled me to focus on one villain at a time with my poor DPS.

Stuffy on the old CO forums. PWE ate my username.
  • Options
    ruiijiruiiji Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My reply on this similar thread might help.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=184391&page=2
    edited December 2013
    I discovered the cause to this bug, which may be of some help to you guys.

Basically, what happens is that you are required to rescue all of the soldiers from the various rooms, right? Well, the problem is, those soldiers can be killed. The script tries to help you out by spawning a replacement in one of the rooms (for me, it was usually the barracks), but unfortunately those replacements aren't rescue-able, and it becomes impossible to complete the mission. Your only choice is to reset the mission if one of your soldiers die.

My work around was to take out all of the henchmen first so that my "bodyguards" didn't run off and get themselves killed fighting something. It also helps if you have a character that can heal them.
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sanmerci wrote: »
    All other rooms appeared to work correctly, except I can't open up the War Room- I assume the Lab is beyond that- so I've been unable to complete this mission.?
    The War Room is the final room of the mission, the Lab is a side room in the hallway to the prison/brig. Very easy to miss if you aren't aware of it.