test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Useless Vehicle Lock Boxes

lorleyanlorleyan Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
What am I supposed to do with all these vehicle lockboxes? They seem to be the only drops I get. What happened to getting loot that's actually worth the players while and not some money-hungry attempt by the developers to drag more money out of us despite the fact that many of us (including me) are Gold players. You are effectively spamming my inventory with junk items as you can forget hoping that I will fork out 100 zen for each lockbox that I pick up. Please, respect the players and their intelligence. Respect us and we may respect you. We are not lambs for you to lead to the slaughter. Making 80% of the drops drop-boxes is like putting a giant flashing billboard in front of the player saying "YOU MUST BUY OUR PRODUCT NOW!!!". As a paying customer I'm sick of this. I just want to enjoy the game. There, that's my rage post. Now the moderators will probably delete it.
Post edited by lorleyan on

Comments

• Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They stack up to 999. So let them take up 1 slot in your inventory. If you ever get 999, mention it to your supergroupmates, then delete the stack.

Or you could buy keys in the Z store... I think the boxes have drifter salvage in them... not sure, never opened one.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You could make a hat! Or a brooch! Or a pterodactyl! :tongue:

There's a sale at Penny's!
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    smoochan wrote: »
    They stack up to 999. So let them take up 1 slot in your inventory. If you ever get 999, mention it to your supergroupmates, then delete the stack.

Or you could buy keys in the Z store... I think the boxes have drifter salvage in them... not sure, never opened one.

They're guaranteed to have Drifter salvage in them. Averages out to ~2 pieces per box or something like that.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You could make a hat! Or a brooch! Or a pterodactyl! :tongue:

There's a sale at Penny's!

"There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    smoochan wrote: »
    They stack up to 999. So let them take up 1 slot in your inventory.

I see Cryptic learned one thing here anyway, over in STO lock boxes still only stack to 20.
  • Options
    fr0gurtfr0gurt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ashensnow wrote: »
    "There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"

"We have clearance, Clarence."

Clarence_Toy.png
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    fr0gurt wrote: »
    "We have clearance, Clarence."

Clarence_Toy.png

"Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?"
  • Options
    pwferretpwferret Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They're guaranteed to have Drifter salvage in them. Averages out to ~2 pieces per box or something like that.

I'd like to know what version of CO you're playing! When I started playing I paid 5 Zen = US$5.00 for 5 keys, opened 5 boxes and found nothing but some cheap vehicle mods, certainly not Drifter salvage at all.

Not going that route again, no sir.
  • Options
    seiberkagenekoseiberkageneko Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    sparhawk wrote: »

Surely you must be joking.

...most of the kids on this forum are NOT going to get this. God I feel old now...
  • Options
    spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited December 2012

"Oh, stewardess! I speak jive!"
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    It's the "old geek" test.

And don't call me Shirley.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    "I've got Stryker's record, sir - and I don't think you're going to like it."

(holding LP of "Ted Stryker's 20 Polka Favorites")
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Actually, a little fun goal I have for myself is to get these to 999... for no reason.
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    pwferret wrote: »
    I'd like to know what version of CO you're playing! When I started playing I paid 5 Zen = US$5.00 for 5 keys, opened 5 boxes and found nothing but some cheap vehicle mods, certainly not Drifter salvage at all.

Same version you're playing. There's a reason people were upset that the vehicle lockboxes dropped such a small amount of salvage when they see pricetags of 200 salvage for a particular tank in Drifter's store.

Also, five keys have NEVER been 5 Zen. I'd like to know what version of the Z-Store you're using.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    pwferret wrote: »

You sure you didn't get any salvage?

Salvage isn't items, so you won't see it in your Inventory.

To see how much you have, open your main bag, click the Currencies tab, and look for Drifter Salvage. If you opened 5 boxes you should have like 11 Drifter Salvage. :P

(Average over 1000 opened boxes was 2.78 I think)
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    valoreahvaloreah Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I see Cryptic learned one thing here anyway, over in STO lock boxes still only stack to 20.

And there is a CRAP TON more of them in STO. Honestly, I still get decent drops and the lockboxes are few and far between here in CO as opposed to STO.
    Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. .
    thecosmic1 wrote:
    Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.

• Options
    caycepollardcaycepollard Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2012

...most of the kids on this forum are NOT going to get this. God I feel old now...

Surely you can't feel THAT old..... And yes, I just called you Shirley. :cool:
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Do what I am doing. At the moment I am building a giant catapult on the moon that I will then proceed to use to fire said lockboxes at PW HQ.

Be warned such acts might cause international incidents.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    ghostlotusvirtueghostlotusvirtue Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2012

I never joke, and don't call me Shirley.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I know!! Cryptic can make them stackable in the WORLD. That way we can save all our lockboxes and make a minigame from stacking them!! We could fill every square centimeter of free space in Millennium City!!!!

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    clcmercy wrote: »
    I know!! Cryptic can make them stackable in the WORLD. That way we can save all our lockboxes and make a minigame from stacking them!! We could fill every square centimeter of free space in Millennium City!!!!
    We could call the minigame - LOCKBOXCRAFT!!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    rokon900rokon900 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    We could call the minigame - LOCKBOXCRAFT!!

If the lockboxes are colorable, i will die a happy man.
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Would a simple and logical solution not just to make them vendor-able?

Something small, like 1000 resources (10 silver/local) per box should do it just right. That'd make 100 boxes worth 10g (equivalent of a few Grab alerts). Not a lot, far better than nothing for sure.

Agree? Disagree?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    From their viewpoint? Not good, because the whole deal is to get you to buy keys by putting these things in your face.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    From their viewpoint? Not good, because the whole deal is to get you to buy keys by putting these things in your face.

Doesn't change them being in your face, just makes them not useless if you can vendor them. Lots of people I know just discard them after awhile anyways.

Also as the currently are I think they're taking up 50% or more on the loot tables. Which means you get less stuff to sell, futher reducing how much resources are available on the market and contributing to widespread deflation (except for the prices of vehicles, rare devices, and Legion gear).

Good news I guess is that 1000g today is worth a lot more than 1000g a year ago. But it also means the sellers who got left over holding the hot potato when the music stopped are getting burned, and many buyers simply can afford things at their market prices.

The current situation is lose-lose, simply making the lockboxes vendor-able for resources would make things win-win instead.

Seems like a no-brainer to me...
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    They don't want them to be useful, they want you to buy keys. I never said it was right or wise, but from where they're standing, the boxes being anything but a key magnet is not what they're going for.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    Also as the currently are I think they're taking up 50% or more on the loot tables. Which means you get less stuff to sell, futher reducing how much resources are available on the market and contributing to widespread deflation (except for the prices of vehicles, rare devices, and Legion gear).

Given that I have on numerous occasions gotten a regular drop AND a lockbox drop from the same critter, in the exact same location with not a shared but with 2 separate "get loot" interface windows... I am inclined to believe the statement from TPTB that they are indeed in 2 different loot tables. Though I will definitely agree that the lockbox loot table has a much greater drop rate than the regular loot table.

Just saying.... :smile:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    They aint even boxes ...STO gets proper BOXES what do we get ..we get crappy floaty ! . Thats what we get -.-
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    wacky99wacky99 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Did Bunker Buster mission just now.

EVERY
    SINGLE
    DROP

was a Hover tank lockbox.

Not impressed.

Stuffy on the old CO forums. PWE ate my username.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    wacky99 wrote: »
    Did Bunker Buster mission just now.

EVERY
    SINGLE
    DROP

was a Hover tank lockbox.

Not impressed.

Yeah That mish seems to be borked in favor of dorkboxes.