test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes, December 13, 2012

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited December 2012 in Release Notes
Release notes for Champions Online, December 13, 2012.

Questionite Store
'Tis the season! The following items have been added to the Questionite store:
  • Travel Power: Snowball Roll
  • Become Gingerbread Man
  • Become Snowman
  • Become Toy Soldier

Missions
Fan with a Plan: Sapphire's keycard is now removed after you finish helping the Network Admin, instead of when you enter the building.

Coming Soon?
The Winter Celebration has been added to the event calendar. The festivities begin on December 21st!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• enixonbbenixonbb Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The 21st? Ah good that way we at least get one day of it before the world ends. :wink:
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    TT, can you tell us how long the event will run for? Are there going to be multiple "phases" of it, or is everything starting and ending at the the same time?

Thanks!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The winter event could have started earlier for a game without new content. That at least allows those with many alts to go perk hunting leisurely, otherwise it becomes a tedious rush. STO's winter event started 2 weeks earlier. I'm disappointed, you guys keep giving paying customers reasons to move on.
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Snowball Roll yeah!

And now my joy is spent. Back to grinding...
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They need another week for the devs to come back from other games and streamline bugs that may appear in it. No one is working on CO right now.
  • sparhawksparhawk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Release notes for Champions Online, December 13, 2012.

Coming Soon?
    The Winter Celebration has been added to the event calendar. The festivities begin on December 21st!

This just sad, is the event at least going to be left on thru all of January to make up for this?
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    sparhawk wrote: »
    This just sad, is the event at least going to be left on thru all of January to make up for this?

Make up for what? Its not like they said it would be earlier than that. and it usually goes a little into January. The Event has never lasted a whole month in the past anyway, you are owed nothing.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
    edited December 2012
    The event according to the calender lasts until the 31st of December. So you only get a week and 3 days for the event.

Last year it was 2 and a half weeks.
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hashtag firstworldproblems...
    twg042370 wrote: »
    Hashtag firstworldproblems...
    #firstworldproblems indeed.

Y'all are getting an event that includes presents galore, a minor daily, and what is reputed to be one of the most annoying fights in the game, Clarence. You get all that for no additional charge. Apparently, there are even new costume pieces this year. And all you can do is complain because they're only giving this free stuff away for ten straight days??
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Winter WarCan will be ready, red nose a-glowing.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • sanmercisanmerci Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I dunno as the whole "You shouldn't be upset about this because there are real problems in the world" argument really makes sense, here.

I agree that getting all tukus-sore over this event is a bit silly, though- actually, I think it's pretty stupendously silly. The event is a bonus; enjoy it while it lasts instead of getting all irritated that it will end.
    edited December 2012
    10 da....sigh
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Of all the whiny bullsh*t that gets cried about on this forum, this is what gets people citing outdated memes?

Once something is older than six months it can no longer be used to criticize dumb whines.

Oh wait! I think the word "whine" is also older than six months. Does it get a pass due it's longevity like The Rolling Stones and their surprisingly good song "Doom and Gloom"? Do we have to invent new words to describe the kvetching over this? That will take a bit of time.

Or did you mean it has to be used more frequently? Like after every post about the game not being hard enough for some player's twinked-out freeform?

Guidance! We need guidance for without it our sarcasm is out of control!
    Glad to see the snowball roll TP is back, also great to have a date for when the Christmas Event is released.
    edited December 2012
    bwdares wrote: »
    Make up for what? Its not like they said it would be earlier than that. and it usually goes a little into January. The Event has never lasted a whole month in the past anyway, you are owed nothing.

All right let me rephrase/clarify things a bit. My initial post should have been much clearer and was expressing my frustration/disappointment with the companies apathetic efforts.

1) STO, COs sister game started it's holiday event a week ago and is running the event for 35 days.

2) The duration of the CO event has been shortened down to 10 days. It was closer to 3 weeks before this.

3) Since CO has barely any work/content being released currently, extending the holiday event duration to match/exceed what STO is doing would be a way to garner some good will for the company that would cost them nothing and give the players something extra to do for a while. Just my thoughts on the subject.
    edited December 2012
    sparhawk wrote: »
    All right let me rephrase/clarify things a bit. My initial post should have been much clearer and was expressing my frustration/disappointment with the companies apathetic efforts.

1) STO, COs sister game started it's holiday event a week ago and is running the event for 35 days.

2) The duration of the CO event has been shortened down to 10 days. It was closer to 3 weeks before this.

3) Since CO has barely any work/content being released currently, extending the holiday event duration to match/exceed what STO is doing would be a way to garner some good will for the company that would cost them nothing and give the players something extra to do for a while. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Then i say we get the pitchforks and get them to extend it! Course that would mean they would have to actually read our comments.:wink:
    edited December 2012
    bwdares wrote: »
    Then i say we get the pitchforks and get them to extend it! Course that would mean they would have to actually read our comments.:wink:

True enough. :tongue:
  • caycepollardcaycepollard Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    #firstworldproblems indeed.

Y'all are getting an event that includes presents galore, a minor daily, and what is reputed to be one of the most annoying fights in the game, Clarence. You get all that for no additional charge. Apparently, there are even new costume pieces this year. And all you can do is complain because they're only giving this free stuff away for ten straight days??

I suppose you don't mind that products are getting smaller while prices stay the same? Like, I remember buying X oz. of soda for Y dollars. Now I get X-4 oz for Y+1 dollars. Oops. I guess I should just stfu, according to your logic, and just be glad I am getting anything at all. Please sir, may I have some more gruel? You really need to re-read what you write before hitting "post". :rolleyes:
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Whew.

Here I was, getting worried.

NEWWWWZZZZ.png
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I suppose you don't mind that products are getting smaller while prices stay the same? Like, I remember buying X oz. of soda for Y dollars. Now I get X-4 oz for Y+1 dollars. Oops. I guess I should just stfu, according to your logic, and just be glad I am getting anything at all. Please sir, may I have some more gruel? You really need to re-read what you write before hitting "post". :rolleyes:
    A better analogy would be complaining because now the box only says "20% More Than Our Regular Size!", rather than the old "25% More!" box. All the regular content is still there, and is not going anywhere; the "bonus size" is a little less than it was before, and yet is still not costing you anything extra.

And to follow on to the STO thing, its event has to be longer because you have to do the daily mission 25 times to get the new starship (which looks pretty useless to me, but some folks just Gotta Catch 'Em All, you know?). It's usually not that hard to get whatever new freebie is offered in CO.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited December 2012
    I think we got the Christmas event much later than when STO did because they almost forgot CO had Christmas content already made.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The complaints about the event duration being too short make me laugh at the memory of past complaints about it being too long.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ashensnow wrote: »
    The complaints about the event duration being too short make me laugh at the memory of past complaints about it being too long.

This thought occurred to me as well. That said, I wouldn't have minded it at two weeks.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • embracemyswordembracemysword Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I think the playerbase is just upset about the fact, that PWE has altered every event in such a bad way that the christmas event is the only "good" event left. Just take a look at the funny changes that have been done to the halloween event. Grab bags.. for devices that used to drop directly.. Even if the christmas event would be running for 30 straight days, it wouldn't even come close to compensating the other bs event changes.

In other words > stop fanboying, please and open your eyes to the truth.

# well and raptors are most likely, as it happened with takofanes, going to kill the entire event for melee players.
    I hope clarence is as strong as last year, maybe he can kill the raptors with that big aoe thingie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tigshadowtigshadow Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well to be honest I can know why they changed the size of the event's duration. It could be possible they might have new content coming in the next month to compensate, but there's also the adjustments they probably made to the overall missions, etc they spoke of which seem to be active now if you look hard enough.

I saved some of clarence's robot parts you get from defeating him and took the time to actually run the robot factory thinking it would be the same like I did previously, thinking it would be the same run on another character since I saved the parts on more than one for keepsake.

I changed the color of the text if it would help as to hide things, not sure if it will. So don't look if you don't want to be spoiled.

While the core of the mission is the same, there are new cutscenes added with black harlequin while inside the factory.

There is also the use of a new final boss and from my experience it starts off similar, but then comes the change. Do not attempt to take on the factory by yourself unless you have good healing and are able to work yourself in a tank role and possibly have a good pet to assist. I won't ruin it further on that, but think what that might mean.

After about nearly an hour of a fight since I soloed, I was awarded a new costume piece which I do have now and it is unlocked, and it seems the first time you get them auto unlock without them staying in inventory. So possible bind on pickup.

You can also run the factory now up six times a day from just one last year, therefore you can possibly run it 60 times total for duration of the event if it lasts ten days and down from a little over 15-17 last year.

I like the fact of what they did add into the game as far as the q store goes meaning I can finally get snowball roll and the fact that devices are in a way more available for the right q, gives a reason for them to increase in value in getting the resource for now.
  • scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hmmm....

So now I only have 10 days to gather a team to run through the 3 hardest and least popular lairs in order to get my unlimited mistletoe...

Challenge accepted.
  • tigshadowtigshadow Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    scorpagor wrote: »
    Hmmm....

So now I only have 10 days to gather a team to run through the 3 hardest and least popular lairs in order to get my unlimited mistletoe...

Challenge accepted.

Well I never did the run for that last year and if you're looking for any takers I wouldn't mind a team up I have plenty of 40s that are ready for the event, probably like everyone else does. :tongue:
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    scorpagor wrote: »
    Hmmm....

Challenge accepted.

Store mistletoe in an SG vault (It must be SG) when its about to expire, that stops the breaking of it, when withdraw one piece from the stack, and the single piece will reset timer, than withdraw the rest, and they go onto that stack and have a new timer.

Also you should note, you can actually complete that perk any time of the year, there's no system check if the event is on. just that it's assumed no one ever obtains mistletoe outside of that event. then you can just withdraw it when you are going into a lair, so you have all the time in the world.

Finding people is still a different story.
  • scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    skcark wrote: »
    Store mistletoe in an SG vault (It must be SG) when its about to expire, that stops the breaking of it, when withdraw one piece from the stack, and the single piece will reset timer, than withdraw the rest, and they go onto that stack and have a new timer.

Also you should note, you can actually complete that perk any time of the year, there's no system check if the event is on. just that it's assumed no one ever obtains mistletoe outside of that event. then you can just withdraw it when you are going into a lair, so you have all the time in the world.

Finding people is still a different story.

That's useful to know :o
    Thanks.
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Shush you!!! :tongue:
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    And yesterday me and 2 brave heroes tried to go in Finkle Foundry to fight against the evil villain...'Finkle Foundry cannot be shared'.....
    I guess theres no toys for kids in this Christmas.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Please fix Pick Up and Throw.

Thank you.
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    And yesterday me and 2 brave heroes tried to go in Finkle Foundry to fight against the evil villain...'Finkle Foundry cannot be shared'.....
    I guess theres no toys for kids in this Christmas.

It never could be shared, though teleport team does circumvent this limitation. (One of the reasons I love the device).
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I know. But the old Finkle Foundry was cakewalk compared to this new one. It's not like you get to fight 2 Legendary mobs, at the same time in any other mission. Is this way it's working in PTS? Working as intented?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • danquellerdanqueller Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well, it's not like this is being done to celebrate Christmas, New Years Day, friends, good times spent with quality people or for the enjoyment of play. This is about a grind event and loot. What else do MMO players care about?
    STO%20EMOTE%202.jpg
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    enixonbb wrote: »
    The 21st? Ah good that way we at least get one day of it before the world ends. :wink:

LMAO - Thankfully I wasn't in the middle of sipping any beverage. I learned a long time ago not to drink beverages while reading a CO thread.

Comedy lurks within all CO threads.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited December 2012
    twg042370 wrote: »

Guidance! We need guidance for without it our sarcasm is out of control!

I could be wrong, but I expect to see as someones sig in the near future. LOL
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited December 2012
    skcark wrote: »

I was doing that last year, in my hideout, to "keep it fresh" and then all of a sudden it just got stuck. Could not move it to my personal bags or use it or get rid of it. Nothing. So my Valentines Day surprise was over.

Then, one day in the middle of the Summer, I stepped into the old moon base and a bunch of messages appeared that said the mistletoe had "timed out," popped up. I checked the vault and { poof } gone.

The lesson here is, use it before it gets stuck. Or something like that.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited December 2012

I remember one of the PVPers who thought of the RENCEN as their best place to fight, posting a wish for a shortened event, but I don't remember any other requests for a shortened GrandFather Winter Season.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It was the same with the anniversary event, lots of pvpers complaining because it took over the centre of ren centre.

I dont have anything against pvp or pvpers, but wanting events to be shortened because they use an area that they want to duel in is pretty selfish when they can duel anywhere.

The space was intended as a social hub not a dueling centre, the fact they use it as such doesnt change that fact
  • fallguysoldierfallguysoldier Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Please fix Pick Up and Throw.

Thank you.

I agree.

While I do appreciate the new content, I think the bugs that have been plaguing this game for quite some time NEED to be fixed... like, you know, as soon as possible? I understand that the glitch with picked-up objects turning invisible is a minor nitpick, but honestly, it's these little things that are the most annoying because they're so easy to spot.

It's been several weeks now since I've last logged in and I noticed the issue is still here... is this being ignored or what?
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's been several weeks now since I've last logged in and I noticed the issue is still here... is this being ignored or what?

Id say probably being ignored, there are bugs still there that have been there a year *cough*biselle*cough* (they even announced it was fixed but the fix they made was to a part of it that want broken to begin with, ignoring the actual bug!)

I cant comment firsthand but ive seen people say there are bugs still in game that were there at launch over 3 years ago!
  • fallguysoldierfallguysoldier Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Id say probably being ignored, there are bugs still there that have been there a year *cough*biselle*cough* (they even announced it was fixed but the fix they made was to a part of it that want broken to begin with, ignoring the actual bug!)

I cant comment firsthand but ive seen people say there are bugs still in game that were there at launch over 3 years ago!

That concerns me. They should at least make the effort to acknowledge the bugs exist and are in the process of working on them, or admit that certain things can't be fixed and therefore should be removed or otherwise revamped. These issues shouldn't linger, or at the very least people shouldn't be left in the dark.

I would like to offer a review/feedback for this game, but at the moment with the issues surrounding it I feel like I won't be able to provide a fair write-up, which is why I'm holding back and watching things unfold instead. But if what you say is true about bugs occurring since at launch over three years ago is true, then I'm afraid there's no hope for this game after all.
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I was doing that last year, in my hideout, to "keep it fresh" and then all of a sudden it just got stuck. Could not move it to my personal bags or use it or get rid of it. Nothing. So my Valentines Day surprise was over.

Then, one day in the middle of the Summer, I stepped into the old moon base and a bunch of messages appeared that said the mistletoe had "timed out," popped up. I checked the vault and { poof } gone.

The lesson here is, use it before it gets stuck. Or something like that.

Yes, this is why i said it must be SG Vault. The player's account hideout is different to the SG vault, this is now easier to prove with "bound to account" devices/gear

SG vaults and hideout vaults are different enough that using an SG vault to store timed items will not be stuck or vanish. The hideout will run a check on stored items as you enter the zone. as shown by messages upon entry. the SG does not, as it's not location