test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Q-Store Holiday Update!

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited December 2012 in Super News Network
The holiday season is getting started in Champions Online, beginning with four new festive additions to the Q-Store!

There are three new transformation powers in the Q-Store: Become Gingerbread Man, Become Snowman, and Become Toy Soldier. We've also added the Snowball Roll travel power.

(This all starts with Thursday morning's maintenance, so it should be live 9 AMish.)

Read more in the blog post!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jadetorajadetora Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As a point.. None of these are new..
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    jadetora wrote: »
    As a point.. None of these are new..

They are new additions perhaps not to the Z-Store but they are new additions to the Q-Store, as before this update they were not purchasable via Q Store.:tongue:
  • Options
    waybig#3345 waybig Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    is okay the holidays questionite^^
  • Options
    scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    New or not, it's nice that snowball roll has become available again.
  • Options
    l1ghtstarl1ghtstar Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    scorpagor wrote: »
    New or not, it's nice that snowball roll has become available again.

yes! And its available to purchase directly, and not some lockbox!

@man.of.light
    Light Star Alliance (my toons with build guides & videos)
    Nature Powerset
    @Man.of.Light
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Another long period of time without an update that's actually anything new.

It's great and all to re-release these items, being that it's near christmas, which is what the plan was before hand, but to call it new is a joke. or is that how it's justified to have no updates for ages after bloodmoon, because seasonal, or full moon events are always "new" if you make one small change.

Stop kidding yourselves, if questionite never existed, they would have been released in c-store again like last year.
  • Options
    ramthananaxramthananax Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    How sad is it that I read about a new patch in CO... and I just shake my head, because it's not really anything new at all? We've seen all of these things before, the only difference now is that we can purchase them in a different way.

I swear, it's like PW wants to kill off Champions.
  • Options
    thompkinsthompkins Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If I remember correctly, last year the pack containing all of these was around $25 (please correct me if someone else has a better memory).

Given the Q prices last time I logged in, this is great if you just want snowball roll, a $15 price drop!

But it's bad if you want all 3 become devices too, effectively a $15 price increase.

I feel 200k is a little steep for the Christmas becomes. But I've never purchased any become devices so I'm not the target market...is anyone buying these? I would think 100k would be a bit better. There are better items for 200k Q or $10 in the Z store, so 100k might get more impulse buys from people who have 100k Q but not 200k, and thus reduce the overall amount of Q, raising exchange prices and upping the Zen profit. Also this would put the price at about the same as last year for the set.

I can see the appeal of being able to turn into a werewolf or vampire all year round, but a giant gingerbread man seems to have a bit more limited scope: Introducing...The Invincibaker :eek:
    edited December 2012
    How sad is it that I read about a new patch in CO... and I just shake my head, because it's not really anything new at all? We've seen all of these things before, the only difference now is that we can purchase them in a different way.

I swear, it's like PW wants to kill off Champions.

As negative as it seems, if they wanted to kill off Champions, they'd just shut the game down just like CoH did. Out of the blue and just when they desired.

They're perched to gain the spot of the only Superhero MMO out there, they just need to put some more effort towards the game and into releasing new content, you know? Keep your chin up, don't give up on the game.

Anyone who really loves the game would we'd believe stick around and remain loyal because they want the game to survive, leaving would only hasten and aide it's demise.
  • Options
    andromeda9899andromeda9899 Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I will be happier to see something like 30% discount on the Z-store items and some special events which rewards players with rare items such as rank 7 mods, legion gears, etc by making special mission with special villains who try to attack Millennium City.
  • Options
    ruukiruuki Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As negative as it seems, if they wanted to kill off Champions, they'd just shut the game down just like CoH did. Out of the blue and just when they desired.

They're perched to gain the spot of the only Superhero MMO out there, they just need to put some more effort towards the game and into releasing new content, you know? Keep your chin up, don't give up on the game.

Anyone who really loves the game would we'd believe stick around and remain loyal because they want the game to survive, leaving would only hasten and aide it's demise.

Finally, someone who feels the same way I do about CO :biggrin:
    I think with the closing of CoH, some players are just afaid that the same thing will happen to CO especially with the way things seem to be going now. I myself still enjoy the game regardless if new stuff is being added or not. I still haven't "completed" everything and I still have fun creating new heroes. Plus the people here are awesome (most of them anyway :-p) I think if people would just stop expecting new stuff with every maintence, they wouldn't be so disappointed when they don't get it. lol

I don't want to see CO go as much as the next guy but you better believe I'll be here until the end. And I'll support it as much as I can. I honestly do think that there's something big coming though...
  • Options
    esoteric84#8898 esoteric84 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I enevr realy cared about season theme's in online games hahaa, i real like is discounts and maybe some extra themed missions and quest's to get items that actualy does something for you, i hate season theme costumes in mmo's i find it lame and childish, mayeb im just to mature to like my Hero to have Deer hat or something, dont feel offended when i say i dislike those stuff tho... its my opinion and i would never tell that to someone ingame anyway., maybe duel spam that person and beat him till he leaves the game :p:tongue:
    Currently Playing Neverwinter Online

IGN: Obscura Rouge 60 , GS 9k

Handel @Kysis020
  • Options
    ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm actually happy about the possibility to get the Snowball Roll again, that one is still missing on my TP list since i don't had the money last year for it.

And about the negative points. I don't care for them, i enjoy the game alot, leveling chars, creating new ones, rp with friends or even find some nice new people.

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• Options
    lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Glad to see Snowball Roll in the Q store and not locked behind a Z-Store bundle...

Question; is Snowball Roll colorable?
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    jadetorajadetora Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ruuki wrote: »
    Finally, someone who feels the same way I do about CO :biggrin:
    I think with the closing of CoH, some players are just afaid that the same thing will happen to CO especially with the way things seem to be going now. I myself still enjoy the game regardless if new stuff is being added or not. I still haven't "completed" everything and I still have fun creating new heroes. Plus the people here are awesome (most of them anyway :-p) I think if people would just stop expecting new stuff with every maintence, they wouldn't be so disappointed when they don't get it. lol

I don't want to see CO go as much as the next guy but you better believe I'll be here until the end. And I'll support it as much as I can. I honestly do think that there's something big coming though...

Yep, sounds like we share opinions. :)
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Its cool they brought them to the Q-Store, silly they called them new, but oh well, it is something at least.

I am looking forward to the Christmas event, it is pretty much the same thing as last year with some tweeks, but unlike Bloodmoon, we only get it once a year so it is still fun.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ruuki wrote: »
    I think with the closing of CoH, some players are just afaid that the same thing will happen to CO especially with the way things seem to be going now.
    I joined shortly after F2P, when there was actually a banner ad (for a brief time) on Facebook. The forums then were filled with people predicting the imminent demise of CO, because F2P always means a game is on the verge of shutting down.

Later, it was going to be because the Comic Series were free to Silvers, which of course could only be because Cryptic had given up on making any money off CO. Then the flood of new costume packs slowed to a dribble, and that was obviously because nobody was doing anything for CO any more, not because there are only so many variants on costume design that are reasonably possible. Then the Q-store was the death knell... then Alerts... then lockboxes...

I'm reliably informed by some of the longer veterans that posters have been predicting the death of CO coming Any Day Now(tm) since the game launched. I try to ignore the negative posters, especially when I note that it's frequently the same people from the last "OMG, CO is dying!!" thread...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    kysis020 wrote: »
    I enevr realy cared about season theme's in online games hahaa, i real like is discounts and maybe some extra themed missions and quest's to get items that actualy does something for you, i hate season theme costumes in mmo's i find it lame and childish, mayeb im just to mature to like my Hero to have Deer hat or something, dont feel offended when i say i dislike those stuff tho... its my opinion and i would never tell that to someone ingame anyway., maybe duel spam that person and beat him till he leaves the game :p:tongue:

Yea, your maturity shines thru.

And to the point:

Seasons Greetings Everyone!!!!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    captactionmk2captactionmk2 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They're perched to gain the spot of the only Superhero MMO out there,

I thought you said the only superhero mmo... but under closer examination... DCUO is still alive and floating. The only real race would be who is providing content updates.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I thought you said the only superhero mmo... but under closer examination... DCUO is still alive and floating. The only real race would be who is providing content updates.
    But he said "superHERO MMO", not "superhero MINION MMO"...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i'm more excited about the new steampunk costume parts.
    everything new and old in the q store i have
    everything in recog i have
    everything new and old in the z store i have
    jonsills wrote: »
    Then the flood of new costume packs slowed to a dribble, and that was obviously because nobody was doing anything for CO any more, not because there are only so many variants on costume design that are reasonably possible.
    this is not true, there are many possibilities that haven't been made. my bet the real reason is that the lead artist is now the game lead, i wonder if he was replaced or just given more responsibilities.
  • Options
    lexdominolexdomino Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Not sure why anyone thinks it's better for this to be on the Q store when it will cost over 40 bucks to get everything...

I would've purchased but now I'm not.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Everything i've bought from Q-store hasn't cost me a single dime....
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    yeah you just got to hit every nem smash you see.
    it usually lasts for 2 hours when it pops up
    i have black fang to thank for my q store purchases
  • Options
    mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The holiday season is getting started in Champions Online, beginning with four new festive additions to the Q-Store!

There are three new transformation powers in the Q-Store: Become Gingerbread Man, Become Snowman, and Become Toy Soldier. We've also added the Snowball Roll travel power.

(This all starts with Thursday morning's maintenance, so it should be live 9 AMish.)

Read more in the blog post!

So.. ummm..

This is the Xmas update?

Or are they planning to wait until like 4 days before xmas to launch it? YOu know.. when everyone is out of town and away from their computers...

Just asking.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • Options
    mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2012

I actually liked DCUO with the exception of the character creator, missions, can only have 6 powers equipped at a time, arcade-style mandatory joystick button-mashing combo dealio, lack of people to play to play with that weren't complete tools, the fact that you're never truly "powerful" as a sidekick to a real superhero which means never actually being a "superhero", the level 30 cap, having all the mission-givers indoors which meant a walk every time you went in, having to use power trees like an old-school RPG....

I guess the main thing I liked about it was the travel powers had neat animations.

At least flight did.

The rest were rather Meh.

Actually I didn't like it much, now that I think about it.

And I was a pre-order... Oh well. The point of this response was to say DCUO was a very very different game. More like a console beat-em-up fighter game with built-in multiplayer. Some people prefer that.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,591 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lokikin wrote: »
    Glad to see Snowball Roll in the Q store and not locked behind a Z-Store bundle...

The Scarab TPs were behind a Z-Store Bundle and they were transferred to the recognition store. Why didn't snowball get the same treatment? Is it because its in high demand?
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Dear Cryptic:

Thank you for giving me the greatest thing ever this Christmas.

More money in my pocket.

I'm going to spend it on booze, ladies of negotiable virtue, motorcycle stuff, cigarettes, overpriced clothing, and whatever else strikes my fancy.

I can only do this because you're not making anything at all.

Thank you.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yay! Snowball Roll Travel Power! I missed this last year, and will be happy to get it now! And I'm with L1ghtstar, and others, in being thankful that it's not locked behind some lockbox or other gamble/lotto scheme. Thanks for letting us purchase it directly.
    lokikin wrote: »
    ...Question; is Snowball Roll colorable?
    Excellent question, that I haven't seen answered yet... Can Freeforms/Gold Players adjust the Hue on Snowball Roll?

Anyway, as for the other "new-to-the-Q-Store" features, the Become Items? Meh. As I've said before, I can appreciate Silver/Archetype characters may like Becomes, but I play Freeforms for the express feature of being able to select my own powers, and not having them chosen for me. So I'm happy for others having access to these, "Yay" for them, and all.
    In addition, keep an eye out ? the holiday mission and gifts are returning to Champions with some nice upgrades soon, and we?ll keep you updated.
    Well, this sounds nice, though you guys are running out of time... Christmas is now less than two weeks away.... Of course, unless you guys "Wow!" us, I'll more likely continue to spend more time with Q's Winter Wonderland as my Cryptic Pendulum is swinging towards STO these days. :rolleyes:
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    its just white i have it
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Are these steampunk pieces they're adding actually NEW or is it like these patch notes calling something new when it really isn't? That's what bugs me most right now.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Are these steampunk pieces they're adding actually NEW or is it like these patch notes calling something new when it really isn't? That's what bugs me most right now.

They are actually new pieces...If I've heard right.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited December 2012
    Nothing new.
    Nothing interesting.
    Better fix this invisible pick up bug, guys, finally.
    Or do any serious bugfixing.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ugh, I want that snowball roll power so badly, but I doubt I'll stand farming the Q for it...
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    you know the only way to get it last time was to purchase 3 become devices in a special pack
    the q store is a better option
  • Options
    lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Nothing new.
    Nothing interesting.
    Better fix this invisible pick up bug, guys, finally.
    Or do any serious bugfixing.

I read this in Eeyore's voice and LoLd... :biggrin:

Yes, the parts are actually new, at least the smokestack shoulder pads are...

:smile:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Smokestack shoulder pads???????

• Options
    edited December 2012
    New backpack and bracers.
    screenshot2012121405340.jpg
  • Options
    meredyredleafmeredyredleaf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I briefely scanned the messages for a Dev post, but I didn't take the time to read all the comments, so maybe it was asked before:

Are the Winter Q-Store additions permanent like the Halloween ones?

Would greatly appreciate a Cyptic / PWE answer, not player speculation.

Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yay! Snowball Roll Travel Power! I missed this last year, and will be happy to get it now! And I'm with L1ghtstar, and others, in being thankful that it's not locked behind some lockbox or other gamble/lotto scheme. Thanks for letting us purchase it directly.

Excellent question, that I haven't seen answered yet... Can Freeforms/Gold Players adjust the Hue on Snowball Roll?

The activation is hue shiftable. The snowball roll itself though, is a white snowball, and adds a white snow texture to your idle pose. Neither are hue shiftable.

On a side bar, I really want some more roll abilities. Someone mentioned boulder roll once, that'd be awesome.
  • Options
    euthymiaeuthymia Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    In addition, keep an eye out ? the holiday mission and gifts are returning to Champions with some nice upgrades soon, and we?ll keep you updated.

In otherwords, they'll drop nothing but lockboxes forcing people to buy keys and still not actually get anything "new"
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The activation is hue shiftable. The snowball roll itself though, is a white snowball, and adds a white snow texture to your idle pose. Neither are hue shiftable...
    Thanks for the info. I've been so busy with Q's Winter Wonderland in STO and Real Life Christmas Events, I haven't even had a chance to get on CO and buy the new (old) Snowball travel power. I just sent myself a reminder at home, I'll make time to get on tonight if only for a minute to buy Snowball.

:rolleyes:
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • Options
    gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2012

If they would want to do this, gain the spot of the only superhero mmo, they should work on co since last august when we'd known that cox will be shutdown in the end of 2012.
    Not one months after it close. Assuming they are working on co at this time, but with no dev messages i don't bet on this.

And create something who gives a reason to cox players to come and play here.
    What they choose is to say nothing, don't create new content, do anorexic patches, don't inform their playerbase for some reason (holidays, work on sto, work on neverwinter, anything else).

But don't be afraid, if Cryptic/Pwe don't seem to care about the health of THIS game and aren't concerned to grab some players, another company have understand the need of promotion and publicity to gain some money and create the future updates to not be in maintenance mode as we are.
    http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/news/archive.vm?id=172&month=current&locale=en_US

I don't understand how a crappy games as dcuo or sto can have the total support of their publisher, and a game as co which have the potential to be the best game of the superhero genre (with some work) can be let in maintenance mode.