test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Free hideout

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
I've heard that gold members get a free hideout and silvers have to buy them all. I have not heard this from a dev but from several other sources. I'm wondering if this is true. Does anybody know if it is?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2011
    I've heard that gold members get a free hideout and silvers have to buy them all. I have not heard this from a dev but from several other sources. I'm wondering if this is true. Does anybody know if it is?
    Yes, it's true. One hideout for free.
    Type /hideout in chat or press the Hideouts button on your map, press the Free Token button and choose your hideout.

The hideout you choose will be available to all your heroes, but can be customizable individually. You can only choose one time, so choose carefully.

If you don't want to take it from me, read the patch notes:
    Claim your Hideout

If you are a Lifetime or Gold Member you can claim your free Phase One hideout by following these steps:

Open the Hideout UI
    Click the “Free Token” button
    Select your Free Hideout
    Click the “Claim” button

Once you claim your Free Hideout click the “Return to Hideouts” button.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It would be really damn nice if the game itself mentioned that your hideout choice applied to ALL your damn characters; there's no mention of the fact in-game.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    greymav wrote:
    It would be really damn nice if the game itself mentioned that your hideout choice applied to ALL your damn characters; there's no mention of the fact in-game.

So, what did you expect?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Or, maybe it would be nice if they would just list all the changes that take place with each update... They could even put it on the main website... A good place would be in the support section at the top of the page... they could call it "Release Notes" and keep not only the most recent changes but the patch notes from every update all the way back to launch... What a novel idea. Wonder why nobody ever thought of that before.
  • Options
    edited July 2011

I am so MAD !

Watch me rage like GURREN LAGANN !!!!

I give you awesome POWER PUNCH !!

• Options
    aleks241aleks241 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    it would be nice if there was a free hideout for every one because on most MMOs you get your self a house, room , or something like that do you agree with me ?
  • Options
    shigeru138shigeru138 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Nope. Subscribe and get your free stuff and keep CO/PWE paid so we can keep enjoying the game. Too much free stuff = limited lifespan and development for the game.
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Last post before thread "died": 07-09-2011

I don't think this one beats the current record but it's up there.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,605 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If the site was informative of all the features in the game, we wouldn't have this problem.
  • Options
    arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    aleks241 wrote: »
    it would be nice if there was a free hideout for every one because on most MMOs you get your self a house, room , or something like that do you agree with me ?

Most? The only one I've played that gave free character housing was AO. A lot of games I've been on didn't have character housing at all.
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    arimikami wrote: »
    Most? The only one I've played that gave free character housing was AO. A lot of games I've been on didn't have character housing at all.

Final Fantasy 11: Free house, one per character on account.
    Final Fantasy 14: No house. One NPC per character to hold your stuff for you.
    Lord Of The Rings Online: One house per account, bought & maintained with in-game cash.

City of Heroes: One base per supergroup, maintained with in-game cash. Most useful option.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    perfect0777perfect0777 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i sub and did get my "free" hideout but your choices are limited..you dont get to choose your hideout from all that are available to buy and secondly by subbing every month you basically can say you bought your hideout on a payment plan instead of all at once. that said hideout are neat..i get the cave one for "free" and bought the moonbase outright..allowing your friends to join you in your hideout is pure marketing..as soon as i saw how cool the moonbase was i kknew my sci fi super type toons needed it. at first glance i knew my magic toons needed one of the mge hideouts for their home.
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    aleks241 wrote: »

Sure is would be, "nice," of them to do. It would also be counter to the basic idea of a hybrid/MT based game.

On the other hand CO is a hybrid model game. One chooses whether to get a package deal including a hideout by subscribing, or to buy what those individual elements they desire a la carte through micro transactions. If you are choosing the a la carte approach, FtP, you should expect to pay for individual game elements. That is your choice.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Last post before thread "died": 07-09-2011

I don't think this one beats the current record but it's up there.

Not even close...

Saw a necro earlier this week that the last post was 8/29/09. That was a necro of a pre-launch thread!

:eek:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Final Fantasy 11: Free house, one per character on account.
    Final Fantasy 14: No house. One NPC per character to hold your stuff for you.
    Lord Of The Rings Online: One house per account, bought & maintained with in-game cash.

City of Heroes: One base per supergroup, maintained with in-game cash. Most useful option.

Never played FF or LOTRO

You had to be a paying subscriber to start a SG which was needed to have a SG base. You also had to be a paying subscriber to pay the rent. If you didn't pay rent you would be locked out of your base so, that's not free.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Heck, back when they first came out, you had to own the CoH box AND the CoV box or you couldn't even go in a base.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png