test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hey Devs, why you don't show off more? D:

smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
I think it would be neat if the devs started up a youtube channel and posted weekly/bi-weekly/monthly videos where they talk about what they've been up to. Would be a great way for them to show off all the stuff they've got cookin' for us.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
Post edited by smoochan on

Comments

• xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited December 2012
  • clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Because they( the pair of them) -don't- have any new content for us. Cooking OR raw.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    smoochan wrote: »
    I think it would be neat if the devs started up a youtube channel and posted weekly/bi-weekly/monthly videos where they talk about what they've been up to. Would be a great way for them to show off all the stuff they've got cookin' for us.

Yes please. They've done this on other games I've played and while I never watched those videoes, I didn't have to because they were such hot topics of discussion among players that it was impossible to not find out what was in the videos unless you closed all your chat windows.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Because they( the pair of them) -don't- have any new content for us. Cooking OR raw.

Then they can talk about what bugs they're working on, or <insert all the other stuff you know you care about>.

• towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The last time they showed off we got Megalodon parked on the Champs HQ front lawn.

A feeding frenzy and good times were had.

Oh you meant videos. Sure, why not.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The last time they showed off we got Megalodon parked on the Champs HQ front lawn.

I'd like that even more. Giant dinsoaurs running around the city? Yes please. Ones controlled by devs? Even better.

I miss my early days in CoH when NCSoft employees would log in on sig characters and I got to RP with Ghost Widow.
    edited December 2012

/signed all over your face

oh wait, you weren't making a suggestion? well too bad, now you were.

• kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They'll need to do something, so they might as well do this.
  • mog555mog555 Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If they start one then everyone would be happy for them. Since CO doesn't have anything to show rather than new contents.

But If they do make one with everything then yes, happy stamps for everyone

But let's wait for now since they got their hands full with players wish lists and NeverWinter
  • mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Considering the emphasis on the Vehicles update, if they actually did something big like a zone and such, it aught to be carved on the moon and endorsed by world leaders, Tom Cruise and an officially returned Elvis, concert included.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    xcaligax wrote: »
    STAMP OF APPROVAL!!!

SandalofCaligula.png

I did not think of that one. I salute your egomania O.O<
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    mijjestic wrote: »
    Considering the emphasis on the Vehicles update, if they actually did something big like a zone and such, it aught to be carved on the moon and endorsed by world leaders, Tom Cruise and an officially returned Elvis, concert included.

I can see it now. You enter the moon zone inside one room, when you want to exit, Tom Cruise is the gatekeeper and charges you an entry fee. as you get out, you're in a slightly bigger area, and as you explore further outward he charges you a higher amount each time.

And you get a perk called "The elitist" with the info to unlock is "Pay your way to beyond the outer limits"
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Champions Online Dev Webseries: Episode One

A tired looking man goes to a cupboard and pulls out a box. He lurches over to a cage with a hamster in it. He opens the box and pours some food for the hamster. The man then lurches out of frame as the hamster eats. When finished, the hamster gets on its wheel and begins to run.

The End.

The following episodes are the same.
    skcark gets approached at the airport:

I can see it now. You enter the moon zone inside one room, when you want to exit, Tom Cruise is the gatekeeper and charges you an entry fee.

But I don't WANNA take a "personality test"!!! :wink:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That would be a nice idea and thing for them to do once they all come back to CO or new DEVS are hired.

The last time I saw a dev or spoke to one was a long time ago :(... :'(... X(

I'd like to see Grond pay a visit to Millenium City one day :p
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Video of this week.
    Cafeteria Lady: I made new pot of coffee today. And put up some nice christmasy decorations on the cashregister.
    The Janitor: Unplugged 1 toilet today.
    Last Dev: Just hangin in the cafeteria. I think the coffee was old. Had some stomach troubles.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • darqauradarqaura Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited December 2012

COH was doing this in it's final year of existence.

Make it so.

:cool:

If there had never been a COH there would never have been a CO. :cool:
  • tacofoodsololtacofoodsolol Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2012

They're already doing it.
    Here's the last trailer for NWO:
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/videos/gameID/634/videoId/2819
    edited December 2012

I LOL'd!

Uhhhhh, I thinkt he OP meant for CO.

• tacofoodsololtacofoodsolol Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    darqaura2 wrote: »
    I LOL'd!

Uhhhhh, I thinkt he OP meant for CO.

There is no dev working full time on CO.
  • somethingmustworsomethingmustwor Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Um, I'd be happy with 10-20 lines of text every month, not exactly taxing...
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Look at the best games in the industry. At least for me, the ability to communicate, interact with their audience, and draw on their creativity, be it mods for WoW or Skyrim, or UGC, is a common feature of most of the best devs in the industry who work on the best prroducts, especially on the PC side. For example, I look at what Brian Fargo is soliciting from the fans of Wasteland 2, and just from that, I know he's going to build a powerful community that will be a boost to his game.

Gamers can be scary, prone to overreaction, and dealing with them on a bad day is a real headache. Nonetheless, I strongly recommend that every producer in this industry who has no inclination to communicate or collaborate with the gamer base needs to acquire that skill ASAP, and practice it frequently. Over the long term, it only works out to the benefit of the team and the product.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • somethingmustworsomethingmustwor Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This assumes actual passion for the game tho, understandable from a players point of view, to the developer it is a job.

You like your job?

Still, I think some communication each month is damn good business practice.
    edited December 2012
    This assumes actual passion for the game tho, understandable from a players point of view, to the developer it is a job.

You like your job?

I like my job, I just can't talk about it. :(

Don't know what excuse the devs have though.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited December 2012
    There is no dev working full time on CO.

That goes without saying.

edited December 2012
    I like my job, I just can't talk about it. :(

Don't know what excuse the devs have though.

Probably the same excuse since they have PWE overlords who have to clear what they can or can't talk about.

• broadnaxbroadnax Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2012

You like your job?

Being related to a content designer for another MMO, I can tell you that a lot of MMO devs are just as passionate -- if not more so -- than most of the playerbase. Many are very active players in their respective games. It gives them even more incentive to make it fun.:smile:

Of course, there are also those for whom it is simply a job. But don't assume that's true for all of them.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Probably because working on the game is basically like this.
    Someday they will be kings of communication, but that is another story.
    edited December 2012

I think I just realized what bothers me about Neverwinter Online. Its abbreviation.

paranoid-parrot-meme-generator-see-triangle-on-screen-illuminati-53157d.jpg
    edited December 2012
    I think I just realized what bothers me about Neverwinter Online. Its abbreviation.

paranoid-parrot-meme-generator-see-triangle-on-screen-illuminati-53157d.jpg

Okay guys, we know now what we have to do to get this game back to full speed! First we have to invent a bunch of really cool cybernetic enhancements, then we have to put them in our bodies, and last we have to get in those ventilation shafts and crawl crawl crawl! FOR JUSTICE!!! >:D

edited December 2012
    Okay guys, we know now what we have to do to get this game back to full speed! First we have to invent a bunch of really cool cybernetic enhancements, then we have to put them in our bodies, and last we have to get in those ventilation shafts and crawl crawl crawl! FOR JUSTICE!!! >:D

41961.jpg
    edited December 2012
    Deus Ex joke.
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited December 2012

SPOILER ALERT: High-level raid bosses:

nwo.jpg
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    edited December 2012

nwo.jpg

I may be an advocate for more challenging content.... but that really crosses the line.

WHAT CAN MEN DO AGAINST SUCH RECKLESS HATE?!?!?

• caycepollardcaycepollard Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2012

nwo.jpg

^^^ This is what I think of when I see that Cryptic is working on NWO. I'm just waiting for Eric Bischoff to show up in the forums and act sleazy.
  • akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2012

nwo.jpg

That would make a pretty awesome lair in westside using Carl's Gym. They could even go as far as making the Scott Hall parody no-show via glitch.