test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Silver Age Sentinels!

iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
The Silver Age Sentinels
<Link to website above>

[Light Role-play, Casual-Friendly, and Silver to Bronze Age Fun themed Super Group]

Liberty. Justice. Security. Peace.

These are the four pillars of a better world: a land of hope, freedom, and truth, where life is not a burden to endure but a joy to experience. There are threats you cannot conquer, tragedies you cannot avoid, and sins you cannot punish. We are here to help. We will support you when you stumble, keep watch when you sleep, and help you achieve the unreachable. We will show you how to touch Paradise. We are The Sentinels, and you are safe on our watch.

Who we are, what we stand for;
Silver Age Sentinels focuses on what heroes do best, being heroes.

This team has existed since old beta, I long kept the group an invitation-only, small and 'best kept secret' type of group, and I have decided that it is time to open the doors to welcome in more like-minded Role-players.

Please be aware that our recruitment process, short though it is, is primarily focused on players. Characters and role-playing take a backseat to finding great people for us.

What does a "light-roleplay, casual-friendly environment" mean?
By "light-roleplay" we mean to suggest that the Super group is RP-friendly, and we want to create a welcoming environment for people who enjoy that aspect of the game (since we do). That said, many of us sometimes focus a little bit more on stomping tail than lengthy monologues.

By "casual-friendly" we mean to say that we will never ask players to put the game before their real lives, jobs, family or friends. Planned events will be kept to a minimum, and they won't be mandatory. If a player wants to log in and just beat up a few bad guys on his own, without having to get involved in whatever RP or missions are going on with the group at the time, that's perfectly fine with us.

To be frank*, we specifically, intentionally exist as an alternative to Heavy Role-playing super groups, with lengthy recruitment and application processes, constant, back-to-back or continuing events, and more subplots going on at one time than anyone could ever keep up with.

We are about having a good time, and role-playing in character, but not to such a degree that someone might become lost if they don't keep up with current events, nor are we so large that you might feel lost in the crowd.

If you want a fun group of mature role-players to hang out and chat with, in and out of character, without feeling that you will get left behind if you aren't able to log in four nights a week, then we are looking for you!

If you prefer to role-play with [and your own characters are] more classic tights wearing, "Heroes' heroes", and wonder what it is today with all these gun toting thugs in masks, taking money for their so-called good deeds, we're the team for you!

If the above criteria spark your interest, please click the link below and take a spin through the Information boxes on the front page which go into even more details of what we are about, both in and out of character.

Silverage.enjin.com

Light or casual role-players, looking for a home away from heavy angst, enjoy a small to medium team feel, read those info boxes, and then click the "Join this Guild" button to generate a few questions to answer that will go into your very own recruitment thread.

I or one of my officers will respond by attempting to schedule a good time to meet you in-game!

*Disclaimer; Frank is not actually my Secret Identity.

[Our old archived thread is here, for those interested. This only links to the much older archived Champions thread. Use the link above, on the header of the thread to find our website!]
Post edited by iamrune on

Comments

• iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Also of interest is the Miniature coalition of associated super groups.

The Silver Age Sentinels is most easily identified with The Defenders, a loose collection of like minded and noble heroes with some extra fun and humor injected, but slightly better known and much more respected.
    Founder and team leader; Rune

This is the main team, and where the majority of us spend our time in character. Intentionally contrasts to the more typical Avengers or Justice League style RP Super groups, we want them to have the center stage if they want it, while we gain respect and make a difference in the background at times.

GLOBE is a SHIELD like international agency with UNTIL and PRIMUS clearances, headed up and ran by Super heroes. Founded in Canada and currently led by an American Speedster hero with a sports car motif. Deputy Director; KnightHawk.

This alt team is the home for many of our more modern agent hero alts, such as Stormwatch, with a slightly more bronze age, heroic feel. In our shared setting, this groups 'Aero-Carrier', The Artemis, serves as the HQ, transportation, communications and logistical needs of all the other groups as well. Our private chat channel is named for this faction.

The Young Sentinels is our newest addition to the Coalition, it is a younger but no-longer-in-training super hero team similar to the flavor of the New Warriors, or Teen Titans. Young Justice fits as well, with some extra Runaways and Power Pack flavor if desired. All Ravenswood Academy / Homeroom Alpha characters are also Young Sentinels as a "Cover". Co-chairmen; Conductress, Amethyst

Ravenswood Academy is a School in the Pen & Paper lore, nominally an ordinary (if highly exclusive) private school, but secretly is intended primarily to train young super humans in the proper use of their abilities. Kristina Pelvanen, formerly the super-heroine Rowan, founded Ravenswood Academy in 1989, and still serves as headmistress after she retired from her heroic life.

It's secret "Homeroom Alpha" is the actual training program underneath the Academy, and only it's specific teachers, students and trusted allies know about it. Class Rep; Amethyst

This alt team serves as an area for In-training Teen concept heroes, for younger X-men and New Mutants types in particular, but being a mutant is not a requirement, merely having special powers or training and the recognized need to be further trained and educated is enough. Teen Angst in moderation welcome. :p

The primary difference between the Ravenswood Academy and Young Sentinels is that the Academy group is for and about students, the Young Sentinels is about young super heroes, whether it is the 'younger adult' flavor of the New Warriors from the 90s, or the "Younger but hand wave off the school stuff" type of Teen Titans thing going on like Teen Titans, Runaways or Young Justice.
  • calimaracalimara Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just throwing in my two cent's here,

About a year ago i stumbled on this SG by chance and thru their interactions became a gold member with 3 set nights a week just for the RP. Awesome SG, awesome leadership. Just all around great people to spend some time with.
  • stoopidmestoopidme Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, just going to throw my praise in here too. It's a really great group of knowledgeable players with a solid consistent theme. Heartily recommend it to anyone playing these sorts of characters.

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I recently joined the Sentinels, and I can also attest that they are a great group of friendly pick-up roleplayers. Join us and you too can punch evil with the Rose Wonder!*

* - offer valid while I'm actually paying attention to chat window and not chasing Enrage
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif
  • paladincohpaladincoh Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Been away from the game for a long time, and the Silver Age Sentinels were a group I always kept an eye on back when. Now that I'm back in the game with some regularity I'd like to join, but many guilds schedule with EST in mind - I'm located on the West Coast. Is the team active during PST evenings during the week?
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for all the praise, all you posters who aren't my mother, sister, brother, son, or daughter!

**hides incriminating payment evidence**
    paladincoh wrote: »
    Been away from the game for a long time, and the Silver Age Sentinels were a group I always kept an eye on back when. Now that I'm back in the game with some regularity I'd like to join, but many guilds schedule with EST in mind - I'm located on the West Coast. Is the team active during PST evenings during the week?

Yes, we are! Holiday activity spikes up and down oddly, of course, but we have people on at most any time normally.

Please hit our website, link in my sig, and take a spin through those Information boxes!
    edited February 2013
    Welcome aboard to;

@Delocke

@Robo-venom

@BobbyBlaze

@counzer0

@TheVikingGamer

@Alleste

As always, great members makes for a great super group!
  • carbonoxcarbonox Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm interested in joining your ranks. My ingame character is called Flashock, and I'm @elerond. Please, let me know the details of the joining process.
    edited February 2013
    carbonox wrote: »
    I'm interested in joining your ranks. My ingame character is called Flashock, and I'm @elerond. Please, let me know the details of the joining process.

Welcome to the Sentinels, Elerond!
  • daristondariston Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm very interested in joining an SG with this kind of theme and reputation! I'm @circusbomb, feel free to send a tell
    edited March 2013
    dariston wrote: »
    I'm very interested in joining an SG with this kind of theme and reputation! I'm @circusbomb, feel free to send a tell

Welcome to the Sentinels!
  • powercommandpowercommand Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well...

I am a little bit older for rp games or multiplayer games or computer games at all :P

also I am not good at chatting or things like that ( to be honest I am not sure I can use the chat screen)

But I like to be a part of your team... @powercommand my name, ingame name is leggyshot

thx anyway
    edited March 2013
    Well...

I am a little bit older for rp games or multiplayer games or computer games at all :P

also I am not good at chatting or things like that ( to be honest I am not sure I can use the chat screen)

But I like to be a part of your team... @powercommand my name, ingame name is leggyshot

thx anyway

I'll add you to my in-game friends list, and keep an eye out for you.

Have you visited our website and applied there yet?
  • maquerade77maquerade77 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi I have recently started playing champions online again, I played at launch and to be honest felt it wasnt very good, so I stuck with COH.
    But this time round I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Just upgraded my account to gold and looking for a supergroup.

I like your post and wonder if you would consider me for entry to your group.

I would prefer an in game invite or conversation, as I have been led to very fancy looking websites before by guilds/groups/clans etc only to find it was perhaps set up in their 'glory' days or even just by someone who can build a great website.
    The group isnt necessarily that active in game.

So since it will be in game where I meet/group with people I would rather see that there are in fact members online.

Sorry if I seem to be ranting, it's not my intention and hopefully you were just looking for a new Invincible tank and its both our lucky days.

Game handle: captain_stryfe
    Character name: Guardian

Thank you
    edited April 2013
    I would prefer an in game invite or conversation, as I have been led to very fancy looking websites before by guilds/groups/clans etc only to find it was perhaps set up in their 'glory' days or even just by someone who can build a great website.
    The group isnt necessarily that active in game.

So since it will be in game where I meet/group with people I would rather see that there are in fact members online.

Sorry if I seem to be ranting, it's not my intention and hopefully you were just looking for a new Invincible tank and its both our lucky days.

Thank you

Hey, no worries from me, I know what you mean. We are quite active and many older members have recently returned so we're actually more active than ever!

I'll add you to my in-game friends list, accept a friend invitation from @Rune, but be aware we do require the online app to be entered on our website before a formal interview will take place.

Never hurts to run with us and see if you like our style first, though!

You'll see us all on Silver Age Sentinels, Young Sentinels, and Globe super group titles!
  • solbrothersolbrother Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi all,

I'm completely new to the game and looking for a group to join. I've looked over your website and I like what I see. However, I'm a little confused about the guildportal application process. I see that other apps have been posted automatically, so I didn't want to just post on that forum...I think I'm missing something.

I've been roleplaying for many years, although I wouldn't consider myself hard-core about it. I used to play pen & paper games years and years ago (before the interweb), like D&D, Champions and Gamma World. Most (well, lets say all) my online rp has been within Ultima Online, which I've played on and off since 1999, both official servers and custom rp emulators.

I'm not real familiar with alot of the in-game communication optons at this point. I'm not even sure what my contact name is...I think its @solbrother...but I could be wrong. But that's my username, so I'm guessing thats it. I have one chr so far, named USApe. I don't know how critical it is to have a Silver Age type chr, but I could easily come up with something for my 2nd chr slot. I've been reading comics since before I started playing role playing games. Y'know, I think I still have that old Champions game with a bunch of old chr sheets in it. I may just dig thru those for some ideas.

So anyway, any amount of help would be appreciated. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
    Eric McK
    edited April 2013
    solbrother wrote: »
    Hi all

Welcome aboard!
  • heatherbelheatherbel Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've got to say, this is a very friendly and welcoming group. I'd strongly encourage checking them out!
  • conuxconux Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Rune,

after reading here and on your Website i think you all would be really a good SG for me and my Heroes.

Not a fan of Applications but i will go threw it for this SG since i really love the Concept.

You can rach me under @Wildthing if needed.

Talk to you soon and Application will follow soon as well.

Regards
    edited May 2013
    conux wrote: »
    Hi Rune,

after reading here and on your Website i think you all would be really a good SG for me and my Heroes.

Not a fan of Applications but i will go threw it for this SG since i really love the Concept.

You can rach me under @Wildthing if needed.

Talk to you soon and Application will follow soon as well.

Regards

Great, I'll be looking for it, and adding your handle to me in-game friends list.
  • thatguymatikzthatguymatikz Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump for a great group of people.
  • clerniececlerniece Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Put in an app for Gayle Granite, a toon looking to join the Young Sentinels. Also, if you think she would fit, the school sounds cool. :wink:

-Sincerely @clerniece
    edited July 2013
    clerniece wrote: »
    Put in an app for Gayle Granite, a toon looking to join the Young Sentinels. Also, if you think she would fit, the school sounds cool. :wink:

-Sincerely @clerniece

Replied on our forum, and /friended you in-game, please accept on your sOcial panel. Looking forward to meeting you!
    edited August 2013
    Summer is rolling on, and it's time for a new member update post!

I'd like to take a moment to welcome the following relatively new members of the Sentinels family of super groups.

@moxiedanger

@Dekton

@JaxtonDragoon

@Vesta18

@Flagborn

@boopea1369

@Alkirin

@Vyar

@falimetahos79

@queek

@Fabulist

As always the reason we have such an amazing guild is because of all of you, our outstanding members.

Sentinels, Strike!
  • nothingness641nothingness641 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hello!

I'd be interested to be part of your guild. I'm a light RP casual player so your guild sounds perfect.

I played City of Villains for a while and like it, and I was saddened by the closing of CoX.

My name is @nothingness641.
    edited September 2013
    Please check out the website link from this thread and also helpfully placed in my signature, and read through our information boxes.

Then while logged into Guildportal [make yourself an account there if you don't already have one, it's free], at the top of the front page of our website, hit "Join this guild" to be given a short set of standard questions for our application.

The website spawns a thread for you which is marked public and so you can go to it in our forum as a visitor and post in it yourself, I and/or one of my officers will respond to you there or in-game.
  • thaneos2014thaneos2014 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi I've recently have come back to CO and am interested in joining your SG. I have just spent the last hour going over your website and have applied as well.

My in game mail is @Darkmatter (I think) I'm on EST time but am on quite a bit and @ varying times.

Looking forward, and hoping to hear from you guys.
    edited October 2013
    Hi I've recently have come back to CO and am interested in joining your SG. I have just spent the last hour going over your website and have applied as well.

My in game mail is @Darkmatter (I think) I'm on EST time but am on quite a bit and @ varying times.

Looking forward, and hoping to hear from you guys.

Hi!

Got your application on our site, and I added you to my in-game friends list. Just hit O for sOcial panel, and go to Friends tab. @Rune [that's me!] will be listed there for you near the top, as "Invitation received" you'll need to accept it or just type /friend @Rune into your chat line and hit enter.

Then we'll see one another online and be able to meet up easily to set a time for your interview.
  • thaneos2014thaneos2014 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Awesome. I should be getting on shortly, just need to run to down the street to the store.
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is a fun group full of helpful folks and I am glad I joined.
    edited December 2013
    I haven't posted an update in a while, and I don't feel like digging for handles at this late hour, but I've had an average of two to three new members a week joining us for the last couple of months, so we're still rolling along as strong as ever.

Hit the link in my sig, you know you want to.
    Shut down those beacons
    They drive the Qularr crazy
    Defender says, "BLOCK!"
    edited February 2014
    I am no longer going to bother with posting a list of new members. There are many and they know who they are.

But you, too can be one of us, just ask yourself, "Do I want to join up with the finest lite Role-playing guild in Champions Online?"

If the answer is Yes, click the link in my sig!
  • keshmarchkeshmarch Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    May I join? I've played CO lightly before but would like to get back into it. People have told me that I 'light RP' *shrug*

Sounds fun~
    Tark%20Signature_zpscmqoxjfn.png~original
    edited March 2014
    keshmarch wrote: »
    May I join? I've played CO lightly before but would like to get back into it. People have told me that I 'light RP' *shrug*

Sounds fun~

Sure, hit our website at silverage.guildportal.com and read through our information boxes there, post an Application and add me, @Rune to you in-game friends list. :biggrin:
    edited August 2014
    I'm not normally one to bump, but really... no need to languish off the front page, when the group is as well known and respected as ours is.

Come celebrate the Fifth Anniversary by joining up with the original Lite RP Super Group in Champions Online, the Silver Age Sentinels!

*Or perhaps one of it's fine sub teams or allies, such as Globe, Young Sentinels, Ravenswood Academy, Golden Age Heroes, Young Golden Age Heroes, Blackwatch Defenders, Ultimate Guardians, Firewatch Initiative and the Eternals.
  • agentcanadaagentcanada Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think I may have a door prize for you Rune :)
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    SAS is legitimately great people, I popped one of my main alts in and haven't looked back since. Even leading my own SG, I'm glad to be a part of it. :)
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited August 2014
    SAS is legitimately great people, I popped one of my main alts in and haven't looked back since. Even leading my own SG, I'm glad to be a part of it. :)

Thanks, Taco. You're like, the coolest evil guy I know! :tongue:
    edited December 2014
    Up... for the new year.
  • warblade87warblade87 Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just wanted to give a friendly nod to one of the nicest SGs out there I have come across. Great group of people, very friendly and respectful. They genuinely remind me of the living legend kind of heroes you read about as a kid, the hero that always does their best to do the right thing. Great SG to go for if you are wanting a more classic feel. Would love to arch them one day :)
    Bump in honor of new guildsite at Silverage.enjin.com

Required due to GUildportal closure.
  • So, iamrune directed me here.

I'm looking for a SG that accepts light RP where I can get and give assistance when people need it.

I've actually looked into this group a little bit, and most of what I've seen I like. But there is one thing I'm uncertain of, and that is whether or not my character would fit into the "culture", because he is, in effect, a hero with silver-age morals and an inferiority complex because he's not as powerful as he thinks he should be. I can't really place what comic book age he would fit into. He spends quite a bit of time unhappy or exhausted ("I must be a better hero!"), so he's not classic silver age. Then again, his superhero costume actually looks like a superhero costume, his nemesis is very silly conceptually, he would never fit into the excessive violence or over-the-top-ness of the 90s, and horrible things don't happen to him or the people he cares about.

edited February 2016
    I don't know, Spider-man spent a lot of time in the 60s and 70s depressed, insecure and growing. And Spider-man is one of the Quintessential silver age super hero archetypes.

Sounds like a fine fit to me. Put in an application at our guild site; Silverage.Enjin.Com
  • Yeah, I just realized that. He's definitely the spiderman type.

Although, I wouldn't call my character depressed; just very self-deprecating.
  • saberhagonsaberhagon Posts: 3 Arc User
    i dont know if my applications been accepted yet. lol. feels like no one hardley gets on. are you guys night owls or early birds? i get on multiple times a day in game and on the site. not dissing yall, just wondering about my status.
    Sorry, I work in a restaurant and I'm busy on the weekends. and I have multiple night shifts this week as well.

I'll try and get on after work Tuesday and Wednesday evening.
  • apfarmakisapfarmakis Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hi, I''ve just started playing Champions and I like what I've read about your guild. Could I please join? My @handle is @apfarmakis. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi, I''ve just started playing Champions and I like what I've read about your guild. Could I please join? My @handle is @apfarmakis. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hit our website and apply there at silverage.enjin.com

I'll be on the lookout for you!
  • muffinluv#1945 muffinluv Posts: 3 Arc User
    @MicroVirus Do you care to add me? Welcome to joining in for the fight!
  • theanothernametheanothername Posts: 35 Arc User
    Is your SG US; EU or global? Asking because activity timezones :)