test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

One Hundred Hands Question

decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Builds and Roles
A week long newb on a Gold account. I'm trying to create my first free form, a speedster. I glanced at the builds in this thread and thought that sounded good to start off wtih.

But when I attempt to make the character, I take Vicious Strike as my energy builder, but One Hundred Hands doesn't appear anywhere on the next menu. Did something change since those builds (I thought the big changes came before that, but I'm still learning)? The builder says you can take it. The Wiki says you can take it. Do I have some weird bug? Or maybe a known one? Is this another of these odd gated things like the costumer not fully working until level 6?

It's just not there! **bangs head on table**
'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I think you are at character design and you are forced to take (initally) thundering kicks? Once you have done the tutorial you can go to the Powerhouse and get shot of it (for a small charge) and then take 100 hands in it's place or take thunderbolt lunge and then get it.
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have already done the tutorial three times as a Silver Member. Do I have to do this again as a Gold to unlock stuff? I'll just make another test character and run it through again, if so.

EDIT: Oh, wait, I see what you're saying. I have to sorta kinda respec it out at the Powerhouse, I can't initially take it. Got it, but seems weird and nonsensical.

EDIT2: Oh, and thank you. Where are my manners?
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I think if you skip the tutorial at character creation, you may be able to undo the initial power changes for free. At least, I recall that happening to me last time I tried it (within the last month).

If you go through the tutorial though, I think you'll get charged to undo your initial power picks (but you should be able to afford it).
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • arriarri Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You aren't allowed to take many of the powers that only require an energy builder from character creation EVER.

You MUST either complete the tutorial or skip the tutorial, and then retcon out of your power. THEN you can pick another one. Being gold or silver has NOTHING to do with it.
    Pinnys of all shapes and sizes.

Pinny Foxfang - 60 Guardian Fighter
    Pinny Foxfire - 60 Scourge Warlock (Temptation)
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes, I figured that out. In this case, I figure it's because it's a Maintain and I haven't "learned" about those yet. Still seems an odd gate, but as long as I know.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • psychickittypsychickitty Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Every time I have done the current tutorial....as soon as I get out....I get mission to go to the power house. Ans while I am there all my powers maybe removed for free.

I only see this with new characters though....

I also noticed the seams to always bump me to level 6 when I go inot the power house aftervthe tutorial.....I could be level 3 or 4 or 5....but when I go....Blamo....I become level 6.

Dont know if this is normal or not....have not played this game alot over the years...only started playing more because a differing game I played got discontinued.

As for how long I have been playing....<_<....
    Lets just say last night I was looking for a specific item that when equiped it would make you get very big....was going to see what would happen if I combined that with one of those growth devices....

Seams it got deleted though...guess the developers didnt want building sized heroes standing around.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Before when you elected to skip the tutorial you started in MC at level six and received about 6 nationals or so, enough to respec your first power choice or two. Now you get the option to remove them free as if you had respec'd.