test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Quick question

rapierwhiprapierwhip Posts: 125 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
I have not logged into the game for quite some time so I have no way of knowing, so I'm going to ask those who do log in on a regular basis... if any are left... How are the game's population numbers doing after the release of the lockboxes? Has the average population increased or decreased? (Easiest way to check is to look at how many instances of MC are up at any one time. Other factors include CC and other event attendance etc.)

Just curious.

The Forumite formerly known as Galeforce.

If you want my money, there is a fairly simple way to get it since I am fairly free with how I spend it. First, produce something I consider to be worth buying. Second, offer it up for sale. Don't lock it behind a gambling scam. If I want something, I am perfectly happy to pay for it. But I will not purchase a CHANCE to get it, When I pay money, I have a perfectly logical right to expect to get what I want.
Post edited by rapierwhip on

Comments

• Options
    titotito333999titotito333999 Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I took a pic of MC Zones today:

population.jpg

I was in Zone #5 with 85 other players

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This was awesome while it lasted
    Now take a screenshot of the other zones :D

Ppl only in MC queuing for Alerts. 1/3 of em are hanging around ren-cen.
  • Options
    serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The other zones are almost always practically empty (i go there mostly and dont do alerts, usually looking at 5-20 in the only 1 instance each of the others since alerts killed the real game)

Numbers since lockboxes seem about same to me, which probably means we lost a bunch and it was countered with the influx from CoX closing.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Shortly after free for all release, I was not surprised to find myself in MC#23 or so on a regular basis. Even as recently as a couple of months ago I could find myself in MC 16 or so. That there are currently only 5 instances of MC says much, thank you.

If you want my money, there is a fairly simple way to get it since I am fairly free with how I spend it. First, produce something I consider to be worth buying. Second, offer it up for sale. Don't lock it behind a gambling scam. If I want something, I am perfectly happy to pay for it. But I will not purchase a CHANCE to get it, When I pay money, I have a perfectly logical right to expect to get what I want.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    With the exception of Mill City, I never find more than one Instance on any other map.

I have only been playing again since the end of August, myself, so... { shrug }
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Then again, people who are currently in an alert will not count towards population in a normal zone. And alerts seem to be kinda popular.
  • Options
    rexcelestisrexcelestis Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Is there a reliable method for getting this information? I've seen people use instances count and player counts on Steam, but neither seem very revealing from a statistical point of view. I would love to see this information for a variety of games.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Is there a reliable method for getting this information? I've seen people use instances count and player counts on Steam, but neither seem very revealing from a statistical point of view. I would love to see this information for a variety of games.

It is true that you can't get an accurate player count from these sources, but you can see general trends and that's really all I was looking for. Even if all the people in alerts do not count against the MC pop totals, they have to be somewhere between alerts and I highly doubt there are enough people currently in an alert at any one time to account for 10 extra instance of MC... but I could be wrong.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Shortly after free for all release, I was not surprised to find myself in MC#23 or so on a regular basis. Even as recently as a couple of months ago I could find myself in MC 16 or so. That there are currently only 5 instances of MC says much, thank you.

I dont know about just after FTP and there being 23 instances of mc, but there certainly werent 16 or so a cple months ago.

Ive been here daily for 5 months and its never been beyond 5 or 6 normally and as high as 8 during halloween/anniversary/mega d event.
  • Options
    arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I think a large part of it is that COH just closed down a week ago but, there's usually a couple hundred people in MC at all hours of the day.

I've also noticed that there's around 40 or so people in both the desert, Canada, and Monster Island when I go to those zones.

Vibora Bay is still pretty empty most of the time but I expect that to change in the next week or two.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    arimikami wrote: »
    I think a large part of it is that COH just closed down a week ago but, there's usually a couple hundred people in MC at all hours of the day.

I've also noticed that there's around 40 or so people in both the desert, Canada, and Monster Island when I go to those zones.

Vibora Bay is still pretty empty most of the time but I expect that to change in the next week or two.

Hope that helps.

What is happening to Vibora Bay?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    What is happening to Vibora Bay?

New players will start reaching higher levels.
  • Options
    prankensteinprankenstein Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Above post assumes that new players will even find the Vibora Bay Crisis, let alone have the patience required to complete it.
    ~~~The Tidal Tilde Wave of Seperation~~~
    I'd rather get STO's level of lockbox suck if worthwhile updates come with it. -Buxom
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Us die-hard CoXers are addicted to wikis and official boards. We'll find it. :wink:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Above post assumes that new players will even find the Vibora Bay Crisis, let alone have the patience required to complete it.

Simple. They've got me and other people that know their way around the game helping them out when they don't know what to do next.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I hope they find the vibora bay apocalypse, its a great arc. I just wish they would turn it into adventure pack like content so i can do it more than once!

There is a severe lack of content in this game, its a crime that we are prevented from repeating even one of the good parts of content we do have!
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited December 2012
    On the other hand, VB Apocalypse should be also made entirely optional, like Canada and Desert crisises, as well as repeatable - because playing it with more than one character is simply too bothersome.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Zones that are full don't show up on the zone list, either.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    wacky99wacky99 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    On the other hand, VB Apocalypse should be also made entirely optional, like Canada and Desert crisises, as well as repeatable - because playing it with more than one character is simply too bothersome.

Absolutely completely agree. They should have decoupled it from regular VB when FFA went live. Hell, make it level 40 only, I don't care, I just hate that horrid VB Apocalypse arc.

Stuffy on the old CO forums. PWE ate my username.
  • Options
    shytalashytala Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Actually. you can't truly go by Zone Lists or Player Counts from Steam.

1. Zone Lists.
    People in Hideouts, Caprice, Alerts, etc. do not count towards the main Zone Lists. Also, you can not see Zones that are Full on the List. I have had friends in some Hideout #60 something when I looked on my friends list, which would mean there are at least 60+ people not counted in any other Zone, yet you would not know this, because unless you or one of your friends are in one of the Penthouse Hideouts Zones, you wouldn't know about it. Also, you would have to count during the time when most people seem to log online, usually in the US from 3pm to 8pm....since most people get out of school or off work between those times.

2. Steam Player Counts. This is skewed because a lot of people have found out that using Steam to play CO lags you, unless you are some of the lucky ones where it doesn't. Thus, let us say that only about a quarter to maybe half of COs players use Steam at any given time, I myself only use Steam if I wish to use my money to buy Zen with their wallet....which would probably be 1 time per month at most and for maybe 5 minutes at most. I never use it to play CO, because I found out it lags me so badly that I can maybe crawl to a destination in about an hour or two. Also, 3rd party lists never truly count, because it leaves out those people who do not use the 3rd party to play.

You can try to extrapolate CO Player counts from these two sources, but neither one, even together will give you a true picture.

[Insert Witty Signature Here]
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    arimikami wrote: »
    New players will start reaching higher levels.

D'OH! { slaps balding head } It was so obvious that I stepped right into the forest of rakes.

I thought there might be another big change coming.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg