test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Challenging Strikes missing from Frenzy

honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Power Discussion
Went power reading again and noticed cone attacks, multi target attacks and some maintains utilize Challenging strikes, its very particular powers that get it.

Onslaught (rock powerset) pretty much works the same as Frenzy, and has Challenging Strikes.
Blade Tempest is the same in Dual Blades.
Same with Cleave (although thats a slower hitter... but all the same!)

Why doesnt frenzy? O.o
Post edited by honestresearcher on

Comments

• reddestshirtreddestshirt Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It does have challenging strikes, according to the wiki.

That said, they are two rather different skills. Maintain vs Click for example. Different activation time and all that.
  • nazacanazaca Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Went power reading again and noticed cone attacks, multi target attacks and some maintains utilize Challenging strikes, its very particular powers that get it.

Onslaught (rock powerset) pretty much works the same as Frenzy, and has Challenging Strikes.
    Blade Tempest is the same in Dual Blades.
    Same with Cleave (although thats a slower hitter... but all the same!)

Why doesnt frenzy? O.o

Frenzy has Accelerated Metabolism, Fear Sense and Crippling Strikes.

HY1ea.jpg

Dollar, dollar, bill, yo. Cash rules everything around you and me.
  • honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well then i believe we have discovered a large bug.

I can only upgrade mine to Rank 2 and Rank 3, i have NO other options. On live.
    I have no idea how to reproduce this bug.

I am a freeform character, and here's what mine looks like:

wtf.jpg
  • ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thought about it for a min and said to myself "Maybe they removed it from the advantage point screen..." Went there and
    frenzy1.png
    Then I said to myself "Maybe it is like ranking up aspect of bestial...or it doesn't work on all the targets.." Got the skill and attacked dummies and
    frenzy2.png
    All the dummies effected by it were granted challenging strikes.

The 'problem' that you are talking about is that you are looking at the power you have that has all the options listed that you have physically chosen for it, not what you could have.

You are looking in the wrong menu!

Power without CS
    frenzy3.png
    Power with CS
    frenzy4.png

Go into your advantage point screen and look for CS there. If you don't find it then it is a problem..if you do find it then you are silly
    edited December 2012
    After my long min-max experience here i know when something is odd or incorrect, logging in and out has fixed it, but the first go (as i selected frenzy) it ONLY gave me rank up options.

I'f i can reproduce it i will let you know.
    Frenzy has been edited and played with a lot by the devs in the past so any unusual stuff wouldnt surprise me.
    edited December 2012
    You..are....just...just no..please just no..

Did you select frenzy from the advantage point menu or did you select frenzy from the "All Powers" menu from your power list while you have the power already?

From your screenshot it would appear that you have selected it from the all powers menu from your power list while having the power within your possession thus it shows you what you have invested into it and not the options that you can choose for it.(It even says "Known Power" and "Rank 3" on it)

Here is a SS from the "All Powers" menu without me having the power(the other two I have in my other post were from the same menu except I had the power so I didn't need to use the "show unavailable" tag for those)
    frenzy5.png
    edited December 2012
    Yes i know thats what i shown, i didnt think about it when takin the screenie.

But definitely when i first picked the power, the sub options were missing.

I'd have never made this topic unless (like it did) the UI ###ed up
    edited December 2012
    Why didn't you post a SS of your Advantage point menu then?

And with that I shall take my leave, I have to get ready for work!