test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Come -on- Cryptic.

dynamiczeddynamiczed Posts: 8 Arc User
edited December 2012 in PC & Technical Issues
Or PW, or Santa. Or..or Cleopatra!

I'm having the same login problem as before. Which is, 2 attempts at connecting, then an error message. "Cannot connect to patch server."
It fixed itself, and returned with glowing red eyes. And I'm shaking my head woefully at the amount of people having the problem. I don't know who's splitting their attention between Tetris and fixing the game.

All complaining aside (Sorry!) can anyone provide instructions for using a VPN? (VPX? VPK? I don't know..a proxy!) Since it's what seems to work, but I haven't figured it out.

I love you all. Even -you- Cryptic. I still love you.
Post edited by dynamiczed on

Comments

• razorcurerazorcure Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Had this error after I downloaded the game. Finally got it working via someone elses exe. Then today, it was working fine. I logged off for a few hours and now..BOOM. Cant update the launcher.
    Have to say, I am about to say **** It and not bother. Seeing how common this error seems to be and the lack of support on the issue. Pathetic.
    Oh and teh fact I STILL cant actually start a thread after 4 days. Come on guys.
    edited December 2012
    Just opened my ports..did JACK ****. As I figured..since I could run the game without them open..5 hours ago. But now..
    Screw this, bye bye CO. I'd love to say its been fun but..
  • mog555mog555 Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Lemme guess........... Can't log in? Error at Launcher?
  • ironmastodonironmastodon Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    mog555 wrote: »
    Lemme guess........... Can't log in? Error at Launcher?

Seems like it. Sadly, I feel I must agree with razorcure on this one... I am not going to pay an additional 20 bucks on my internet (Overage I will incur, as I pay per Gig on everything over 5.) just to download the game again and find nothing is changed.

I have read enough on just the first page to know that this is a long-time issue with little to no acknowledgement from anyone. Since even mild requests for a new .exe get only a link that is expired and no response from support on my end, I have to accept that yet another second home has become unavailable to me this year (Week). My apartment building was condemned and demolished. But I did not fret too much, as I still had my cabin. Unfortunately, my keys stopped working, and the landlord wont return my calls.

Better that it happened now, as I was logging in to buy more copious amounts of zen when it hit me. Probably for the best, as I have taken this time to realize that I have spent way too much of my time and money sculpting vapor that disappears with the first slight breeze. I have become jaded, but hopeful that maybe the locksmith will come by before I have to sleep on the street. :)

Here's for luck!!
    "We don't have time to negotiate in a civilized way... Destroy them!"

"Captains log: I can take up a holding pattern while engineering locates the source of this malfunction, but this area is known to be a frequent destination of pirates. If we are detected by enemy ships, we won't be able to defend ourselves."
  • ironmastodonironmastodon Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This fixed it right up for me. Wonderful! akelzero0 is a BOSS!

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=2734951&posted=1#post2734951
    "We don't have time to negotiate in a civilized way... Destroy them!"

"Captains log: I can take up a holding pattern while engineering locates the source of this malfunction, but this area is known to be a frequent destination of pirates. If we are detected by enemy ships, we won't be able to defend ourselves."
    edited December 2012
    Wow, that worked for me to. Which is utterly bull**** since I am almost 100% sure it is exactly the SAME exe version that I had..and worked last week. Now it is patching again..maybe there was an update I missed? Even so, why the hell does the launcher just decide to ****e itself?
    So yeah..its doing stuff..still more than a lil inclined to throw this game where it belongs