test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MMOSite Reader's Choice Awards

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited December 2012 in Super News Network
Vote for Champions Online! MMOSite is holding their year-end Reader's Choice awards, and Champions Online is going for the gold in no less than five categories. Help spread the word about Champs with your vote!

Champions Online is nominated for five awards: Best Graphics, Favorite MMORPG, Best Gameplay, Best F2P MMO and Best Community. We're biased, but after seeing how welcoming the Champions community has been of new players, we think you all deserve a round of applause. Voting is easy, and you can support Champions with a vote every day, so keep MMOSite bookmarked.

Voting qualifies you for a number of prizes, including an iPad, Xbox with Kinect, and Nintendo 3DS, plus MMOSite's currency, MMO Gold.

1.Go to http://accounts.mmosite.com/
2.Create an MMOSite account - you'll need to provide an email account.
3.Go back to the Champions Online page and place your vote.
4.You can place one vote per day, so make sure to come back tomorrow and vote again!

Thanks for making Champions such a welcoming game, heroes - we're looking forward to everything that awaits us in 2013!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    We need the community here voting on this... Please
  • mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Only if we had The Foundry.

:wink:
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'd love to vote for CO.

But so far, there's no sign of the initial email they claim to have sent me...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'd vote, but i'm waiting for it to earn even acknowledgement in best gameplay/f2p game/community.

Only things in the form of gameplay added lately is alerts only. and even when it finally starts, people don't know what they're doing and thus end up failing the mission. look how fast until carrier mission died out. other than that, only content added is lock boxes which requires paying and seems like it doesn't even go toward funding CO at all. And the community is always at each others throats within the game.

I used to enjoy this game, i wish it would get given better funding to revive itself and get off of the life support it seems to be clinging onto and start breathing on its own again, i can not, in good faith encourage people to start playing a game which is being harvested for organs to support another game.
  • snazzymcpantssnazzymcpants Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'll vote when you guys actually earn any of these things.
  • joeblow3joeblow3 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Ditto

Earn it with new content that doesnt come from a lockbox and starting with bug fixes, new zones, new missions or comic series not alerts, New power sets etc.
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    same here.

Give us some support instead of moving all devs away from the game and well talk voting for CO.
  • terramorphterramorph Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well, lets see. If you fix the prison break mission for nems, fix the settings being saved, fix items not vanishing from your hands when you pick them up and maybe make logging in with PWE easier then that might encourage me.

To enjoy logging in after December 11th. Now if you add some new stuff or new content or generally just do something that doesn't require RNG boxes that you buy with dosh to earn at a 10% chance then I might give my vote.
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Give us some support instead of moving all devs away from the game and well talk voting for CO.

I love CO.. but you have not earned any of these for 2012. I can't vote for CO purely out of my good conscience.

My honest question is.. do YOU think Champions is the best at any of these 5 categories? And if the honest answer is yes, then you have to support it (with development)
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Sadly I have to agree with what has been said :frown:

With the lack of new content...it's begining to get me down. I still love CO....but I need my telepathy dose...
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Guys, STO is in the lead for "Best Community".

If anything, shame in losing out to them should make you vote for CO.
    I've lost the drive to play because there's nothing new to do that interests me. I don't feel like "gambling" with grab bags and Alerts are burned out. I can't cast a vote.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Voted but CO is only MMO I do. :3
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Any word on the Shard Maintanence today? I've got a message on the Launcher page but there doesnt seem to be a post about it yet...
  • mog555mog555 Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Don't tell me it a that Message about GameClient thing.............
  • mindgladiatormindgladiator Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Is a good game but i will only vote if you do more improves than simple alerts, Where is the map of the moon or new story or the next part of whiteout? If you want any vote you should work a bit more cause the last patch was awesome repair 2 bugs of a list around 200 and a useless vendor.

I love this game but cant vote a very bugged game.
    :frown:
    edited December 2012
    twg042370 wrote: »
    Guys, STO is in the lead for "Best Community".

If anything, shame in losing out to them should make you vote for CO.

If STO has actually legitimately gained those votes, why would we care? By that logic, we should be voting if any game happens to be winning, then it turns into a pointless system.

Granted, the entire point of the voting has always been a broken system. Each game tends to have some form of reward for a vote. and spread bias if a game has more numbers, but crap management, and a small population game is far superior and gets over 90% users voting even without adding some reward for doing so because they sincerely believe their game deserves.

Sadly that whole concept was never realised because there would always be bias somewhere down the lines.

Now it's time to ponder the obvious, did CO not offer any reward incentive to vote because they think CO doesn't need trinkets to win, or because they just don't have the manpower to whip up pixels that won't cause pages of bugs?
  • pimpinellaspimpinellas Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    hi all , i love co but have a million bug, repeir this and you have all mi votes : Frown:
  • doompupp113doompupp113 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I enjoy this game, either way.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Sorry I can't vote for you, and I certainly wouldn't vote for any game on a site that allows for multiple votes. The system that MMOsite is using allows someone to vote with out registering. This means someone just needs to reset their IP address, which in turn skews the results of this over glorified popularity contest, making the award meaningless.
  • ninjaworrior1234ninjaworrior1234 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    joeblow3 wrote: »
    Ditto

Earn it with new content that doesnt come from a lockbox and starting with bug fixes, new zones, new missions or comic series not alerts, New power sets etc.

Exactly, when you guys release somthing new , and you put a big cost on it it will eventually die out, Id sure love to see a Sorder lantern squad team starting with your powers a big game like champions online can even allow us to creat objects with our powers the telekiness skill is weak ive been playing for 1 year and 1/2 now and i havent seen any1 use that skill so why release a skill and no 1 uses it if u can take that same telekiness and make it and lantern power set. don't you think it would be cool seeing you character creating a Giant fist in energy green or your colour of choice(if your gold Which sucks) and id also really like if u would alow us to walk on walls like us ninja's or vamps or bug creatures would love to see there char in the ceiling just hanging there in there cave hideout id prefer that than your vehicles you'ved released. and the game the city is so small, make new zones new cities im tired of the same city everytime. you've got so much work to do cryptic/ PWE until then my vote stays right in my pocket / my account :/ thank you for your time!
  • ruukiruuki Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Wow...the truth hurts. As much as I agree with what everyone is saying, I'm still going to give my vote(s). CO is probably my favorite MMO right now. I've been playing almost 2 years now and I still find myself logging in almost everyday even if it's just for a few hours. This game just has alot to offer.

I would like to see it flourish into something more though. Especially with the influx of CoX players. This game can make a killing in the superhero MMO market. (There isn't much competition anymore) Maybe I'm being hopeful but I really think the devs have some good stuff planned after NWO or even going into next year. I understand people are upset...but if we really want to see the game grow, maybe we should at least help out with voting. Its not like its money involved. Obviously, if you're still here you're still playing for SOME reason.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited December 2012
    Voted in Favourite MMO category.
    Sadly, I can't give my vote in any other one, not without being simply dishonest.
    I like this game and its genre, but thruth be told...
    I was seriously considering giving a second chance to CoX and if not its demise, I would be probably playing CoX instead.

Given its technical advantages over CoX (not really surprising, after all, CoX was simply much older game), CO should be superior in every respect. It wasn't - but it should be.
    Now, after CoX closure it should be clear for anyone - either CO improves, or it will simply perish.
    It's not that CO is a bad game - but it should be one of the best.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm with everyone else. I'm not voting for CO.

Way too many bugs have never been fixed, yet the fun bugs seem to get taken out first.

Powers never get adjusted, they get nerfed.

The game's challenge level is a joke, then you have something like Gravitar that is complete nonsense.

You haven't added anything except a few alerts. You keep throwing in things that we don't need, and sadly the stuff we already have has enough problems.

You take away costume pieces and devices and hide them behind gambles within gambles.

I've said it before- I realize that the CO Devs aren't at fault here. I said I didn't care, because it's PWE I blame.

Why should we vote for you? It'd be a lie. I can't rightfully advocate this game to anyone, at least not for them to spend their money on.

So, Cryptic- why don't you take a good look at the responses in this thread and see how your community feels about you, and adjust fire?
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Can't vote for CO either since the game really doesn't deserve it.

Too much gambling.
    Bugs running rampant.
    Severe lack of new stuff to do.
    Game became unstable after the Nighthawk update for a couple of graphics cards.
    Firm, misplaced attachment to the Alert system.
    Firm, misplaced attachment to the Mod system, ESPECIALLY in terms of vehicles.
    Vehicles are a terrible addition to CO and are an embarrassment, especially regarding their customization.
    Not enough worthwhile new things in the Z-Store worth buying.

If CO managed to win somehow, then I'd be very impressed.
  • pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    keikomyst wrote: »
    Can't vote for CO either since the game really doesn't deserve it.

Too much gambling.
    Bugs running rampant.
    Severe lack of new stuff to do.
    Game became unstable after the Nighthawk update for a couple of graphics cards.
    Firm, misplaced attachment to the Alert system.
    Firm, misplaced attachment to the Mod system, ESPECIALLY in terms of vehicles.
    Vehicles are a terrible addition to CO and are an embarrassment, especially regarding their customization.
    Not enough worthwhile new things in the Z-Store worth buying.

If CO managed to win somehow, then I'd be very impressed.

But what about best community? I for one love you guys. :smile:
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm gonna vote again!

I have confidence in Cryptic.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm still waiting for the miraculous total reversal of the current state of the game into dedicated development of story/zone based content instead of gambling and 2-5 minute "boss fights".

Until then, no votes, sorry Cryptic.

Snark never dies.
  • caycepollardcaycepollard Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2012

So much "quoted for truth" in this, it's making my head spin. The only way I'd vote for any of those awards is the PURELY selfish one of "maybe I can win a prize". With that said, however, I've never heard of this "mmosite", and so I'm not really eager to get involved in what could (possibly) turn into some sort of customs hassle just to get the prize that I might've won. :rolleyes:
  • ruukiruuki Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    But what about best community? I for one love you guys. :smile:

Totally agree!
  • neojin777neojin777 Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'd like to vote for CO in the "best pvp" category, if there was such category at all.
    The pvp mechanics in this game have the potential to kill WoW's pvp for example.

Maybe there should also be a "worst update" category, i'd more than gladly vote for CO
    On Alert - Reloaded.
  • saleen5saleen5 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    same here.

I second that!
  • saleen5saleen5 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ruuki wrote: »
    Wow...the truth hurts. As much as I agree with what everyone is saying, I'm still going to give my vote(s). CO is probably my favorite MMO right now. I've been playing almost 2 years now and I still find myself logging in almost everyday even if it's just for a few hours. This game just has alot to offer.

I would like to see it flourish into something more though. Especially with the influx of CoX players. This game can make a killing in the superhero MMO market. (There isn't much competition anymore) Maybe I'm being hopeful but I really think the devs have some good stuff planned after NWO or even going into next year. I understand people are upset...but if we really want to see the game grow, maybe we should at least help out with voting. Its not like its money involved. Obviously, if you're still here you're still playing for SOME reason.

When the dev's get done with NWO they will just send them to make another game. Its happened to us more than once now. They did it for STO too. Face it, they don't give a crap about this game or its players. All we seem to be is a source to fund development elsewhere. Just keep buying those keys so they can put that cash into other games.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    neojin777 wrote: »
    Maybe there should also be a "worst update" category, i'd more than gladly vote for CO
    On Alert - Reloaded.

This was an "update"?

No, it wasn't. It was a new loading screen and a series of overpriced become devices and gamble-boxes.

Not criticizing or insulting you, just pointing out something to support you point.
  • neojin777neojin777 Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This was an "update"?

No, it wasn't. It was a new loading screen and a series of overpriced become devices and gamble-boxes.

Not criticizing or insulting you, just pointing out something to support you point.

Alright, we could call it "filler content". All filler no killer, sadly.

But like i said before, there is something bigger going on behind closed doors.
    I still remember when PWE bought Perfect World, there was a content / update hiatus
    of roughly 6-9 months. But after that, an expansion got released almost every year.
    I think the developers are learning how to utilize CO's engine properly, by testing it on
    stuff like alerts / vehicles or other mini "games".
  • klytustrueklytustrue Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As much as I enjoy the game, I cannot really vote for it to be the BEST in anything. No new zones. No new level caps after 3 years. Lockboxes you need to spend real money to unlock. Missions that have been bugged for months. Then there is the fluster-cluck which is (are?) vehicles.

If you all want to get votes for Best Of (Anything), start earning those votes!

New powersets.
    New zones.
    More levels.
    Fix the freaking bugs.
    And more listening to the input from your customers.

"The man I was is the crucible which has forged the man I have become."
  • wacky99wacky99 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    There's a lot of bugs that really need addressing before I'd vote for Champions in such an online poll. Quick examples:

Numerous typographic errors in mission dialogues and selection boxes.
    Game manual says you lose one star per defeat, but in-game you lose two for the first and one for each subsequent defeat.
    Drop rate on lock boxes overriding real drops.
    NPCs skidding around (although that's kinda funny and if it was a travel power I'd pay for it).
    Gravitar alert collision detection of both gold and blue spheres. Distance from a point, it's basic trigonometry guys, not rocket science.
    Numeric keypad not working in Auction House.

I could go on, you get my drift, but not my vote.

Stuffy on the old CO forums. PWE ate my username.
    edited December 2012
    Hey guys... Check this release notes out, it shows how serious cryptic is to earn our votes for this website

http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?p=781261

LOL. Very serious indeed...
  • freakstreakfreakstreak Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'll personally vote for CO.. The more votes our game gets from us, the more attention it will get from Cryptic in the future.. It's a proven strategy, you show that you care for what they provide, and they provide more.. You ignore? They shut down.. And i don't want CO to shut down..

I have to agree with the majority here though, the game DESERVES some "love" and attention..
    witchcraft.jpg

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well will say this STO is running away with some things so gratz to Cryptic on that.

CO on some of the lists ranks above the likes of DCUO by 5 or 6 places :D. Heck even Neverwinter has sneaked in somehow on some cats. Again well done.

Will have to say well done to PWE for some of the good showings that some of their own games have also done.

Overall not to shabby.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    1006 votes!

You can do it.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • crashdragoncrashdragon Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Not voting, period.

With Cryptic's lousy track record, rotten service when it comes to bugs and player concerns as well has having to use a 3rd party tool, I won't dirty myself. I didn't vote for STO and I sure won't vote for CO.

Cryptic, you just don't get it do you? Must be wonderful living in a Perfect World without a single clue.

=p
    I like to hang around laundromats and steal hero's tights for ransom. =3
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    "Rotten service when it comes to bugs"? Are we playing the same game? Sure, some bugs take longer to fix than others - but you make it sound like they don't even try!

And what "third-party tool"? Do you mean you're logging in through Steam? 'Cause I've been hearing that running CO through Steam is a tin-plated nightmare...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Logging co through steam is a tin plated nightmare for some folks for others it seems to work very good.
  • enixonbbenixonbb Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    "Rotten service when it comes to bugs"? Are we playing the same game? Sure, some bugs take longer to fix than others - but you make it sound like they don't even try!

And what "third-party tool"? Do you mean you're logging in through Steam? 'Cause I've been hearing that running CO through Steam is a tin-plated nightmare...

Oh they do get some of the bugs, problem is the one's they DO get with any real speed seem to mostly be the harmless, or even beneficial, ones like the nighthawk hood being usable on all head types meanwhile A Bullet Bound for Bisselle has been broken ever since On Alert went live.

and the third party thing is probably the launcher bug that has been going around one of the more stable fixes requires some program to bypass the launcher or something, I'm not 100% sure.

That said the costumer service is leaps and bounds better than it was a year or so ago, or at least more communicative. I still remember the backlash over the Fist and Master AT's both being paid ATs when an entry on the calender was worded to make it sound like one was going to be free. For well over a month the forums were buzzing about what the "Free Silver AT" listed on the calender was going to be. Turned out the entry was a miscommunication about the AT rotation program or something along those lines, but the fact they let all that hype build when all it would of took would of been 30 or so seconds to say, "sorry guys there's been a misunderstanding" was frankly a little insulting. So even if the customer service isn't perfect it's a heck of a lot better than is was.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have to admit, i don't normally read ALL the posts on a thread unless it's really interesting or i'm posting, but this thread really had me laughing. It's funny how the devs "are listening to your feedback", so i'm curious as to what they think of this.

As for me i couldn't vote for CO either. I like the game for what it used to as well as could be, but frankly it's biggest potential is being horribly ignored for a bad business model that leaves the game feeling like no one cares on cryptic's end (minus trailturtle and a few other devs of course).
  • atringatring Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Coming from CoH, I can attest to this game not deserving Best Community. Oh, the whining! Show it some love, and you'll get some back. Also, those of you saying that the voting system is "broken," I'd point out that you're voting for a game in a popularity contest, not President of the Internet. Also, at shutdown, City of Heroes was still the most popular super-powered MMO.

Part of the problem since December, 2012.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The 'loving' part swings both ways. I've been around and giving some love hasn't been on top of the list on Cryptic/PW side for a long time. You should check the latest playable content thats been added. Like new zones and mission arcs CoH was making quite frequent pace. Then come back. It's not like the "whining" have some point.
    And i guess the love wasn't enough for keeping it closing down. Just saying.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I cannot vote again, it says that my user doesn't exist, I try to create another, but says it's already in use. What the bleep?!

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You shouldn't need to log in to vote.

Some people are experiencing problems with their default browsers. Switching to an alternate sometimes helps.

Remember, one vote per unique (public) IP per day.