What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher Problem!! Help!!! :(

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Im still locked out of all things Cryptic from all my home PC's. Ive had to link my phone to a lap top in order to get here. Is there any chance of getting and updated launcher similar to the one that helped fix the problem last month? Or will this not solve the issue. I'm at the end of my rope here. Been locked out for 4 days now!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I made a thread about how I couldn't access the website and launcher and traceroute indicated "Request time out" errors, confirming a routing issue between me and Cryptic's servers. I could only access the website and launcher using my mobile phone's 3G internet connection, and also actually play the game.

Now I can access the website just fine, but the launcher is borked for me, saying that I'm unable to connect to patch server, whether I'm using my home or mobile phone internet connection. I have no idea what's going on. Traceroute still shows errors too.
    We're still trying to track down exactly why this happens for some users.

As a temporary measure for users who are experiencing problems with the Launcher, we've made the Launcher available as a download from the following URL:

http://files.champions-online.com/launcher/Champions%20Online.exe

If the Launcher auto-update feature fails for you, you can use the above file to manually update your Launcher. You should place that file, Champions Online.exe, into your Cryptic Launcher folder, overwriting the existing file of the same name that is also in there. This will be the same folder that also has CrypticError.exe. Usually, it is something like C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios.

Thanks isomporpism, but the launcher exe file still tells me that I'm unable to connect to patch server.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Of course it wasn't happening before and now after update it wont even get to load screen :confused:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can't even connect thru EU proxy....
    Using US one and server keeps having connectivity issues, crashing...
  • Options
    edited January 2012
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Steam's borked, CO refuses to start...and yeah, Been like this for a few days now. :(

EDIT: Well well well! It's working on the downstairs computer, but not on my laptop...
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I was also affected by starting the launcher and not seeing a username or password box. I tried to install a new launcher for the problems other people were having, but it asked for administrator permissions. So, I just right clicked the loader and ran that as administrator and everything worked fine.

Hope this is an adequate workaround for some right now.

(Using Windows 7)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Please if any of you know someone who doesn't have this problem tell him to upload the .exe here so we can download it, replace, and try if that works.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Hehehe as soon as i posted this a friend finally connected and sent me that file (had to do a lot of crazy stuff to avoid mail's antivirus protection that wouldnt let us share the file) but replaced it and now im playing CO just fine. The pity is that there is going to be a patch soon so i dont know if it will break again, but if you need it, here it is:

https://rapidshare.com/files/319255794/Champions_Online.exe

Hope it helps!

( 12 - jan - 2012, may not work in the future if this problem happens again)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Khornez wrote:
    Hehehe as soon as i posted this a friend finally connected and sent me that file (had to do a lot of crazy stuff to avoid mail's antivirus protection that wouldnt let us share the file) but replaced it and now im playing CO just fine. The pity is that there is going to be a patch soon so i dont know if it will break again, but if you need it, here it is:

https://rapidshare.com/files/319255794/Champions_Online.exe

Hope it helps!

( 12 - jan - 2012, may not work in the future if this problem happens again)

It didn't help :(
    I just get the 'unable to establish connection to patch server' error still.

Oh and it says if problem persists to contact tech support... but i can't find how to contact tech support :(
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    i dont know i have been reading this thread and running the game again again some how it worked and my coz said that it happens to him frequently and goes away if u try again and again and it did for me al least hope every one gets out of this mess

and WTF is the cryptic team doing all this time dont they read the forms !!? :mad:

its patching at the moment ! will be done soon and i can play again
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    It didn't help :(
    I just get the 'unable to establish connection to patch server' error still.

Oh and it says if problem persists to contact tech support... but i can't find how to contact tech support :(
    Click on the Champs icon at the top of this page. That'll take you straight to the homepage. From there, mouse over "Support", and click on "Get Support". This will take you to a login page for the support tickets. Log in, then click on "Champions Online", and you'll be able to check existing tickets and submit new ones.

(Had to learn about this during a recent kerfluffle I had when my launcher, which runs under Internet Explorer, didn't want to connect to the net; since I only access IE to run the Cryptic launcher, I thought the problem was on their end. Turned out my proxy server option had been turned on somehow, and since I don't have a LAN, the settings were undefined...)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    JonSills wrote:
    Click on the Champs icon at the top of this page. That'll take you straight to the homepage. From there, mouse over "Support", and click on "Get Support". This will take you to a login page for the support tickets. Log in, then click on "Champions Online", and you'll be able to check existing tickets and submit new ones.

(Had to learn about this during a recent kerfluffle I had when my launcher, which runs under Internet Explorer, didn't want to connect to the net; since I only access IE to run the Cryptic launcher, I thought the problem was on their end. Turned out my proxy server option had been turned on somehow, and since I don't have a LAN, the settings were undefined...)

Thanks. I've sent off the ticket. Hopefully a solution can be found soon. My brother went home today and when he got home his suddenly started working again. But mine is still not working :(
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    not sure if you got it working yet but my launcher used to crash last few days failed to even update anything, reinstalled the game several times only to find out an hour ago that it was Teamviewer blocking the launcher, so if you have it, turn it off and see if it works
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I've found what was causing my problem.

My internet provider plan was blocking the game!

You see when i downloaded and started playing the game it was at my brothers place in another city over the holidays. And it was only when we went to my place the problem occured. Now my internet plan was fairly old and had a block on peer-to-peer networks dating back to the conflicts over kazaa and napster and my brother surmised they might have also blocked the launcher update. Well i was changing providers anyway and when the new provider kicked in today.. it imediately worked!

So if the other fixes don't work this is yet another possible factor that might need checking. But for me at last the drought is over! Yay! :D
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Ahhh, long time no see... :D

Downloaded the new (?) Launcher from:
    and it looks like it is working again.

Really guys or girls at Cryptic or Perfect World, what the FRAG are you doing to breake it with some patches again and again?

:eek:
    :confused:

Besides, if people can not play for days or weeks, you should really give out either a few days or at least a few points for the store to "compensate" their trouble...
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hello everybody!

What a disappointment!
    I never had any problem to install the other games, but is almost impossible to install the Champions Online!
    How can the company offer a download where the launcher does not work?
    The problems you reported since last year continues. I've tried everything and nothing has been reviewed!
    Today is March 21, 2012, and the problem remains unsolved ...
    We're still trying to track down exactly why this happens for some users.

As a temporary measure for users who are experiencing problems with the Launcher, we've made the Launcher available as a download from the following URL:

If the Launcher auto-update feature fails for you, you can use the above file to manually update your Launcher. You should place that file, Champions Online.exe, into your Cryptic Launcher folder, overwriting the existing file of the same name that is also in there. This will be the same folder that also has CrypticError.exe. Usually, it is something like C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Hopeless, even the link for the new launcher to download is hopeless. Looks like I'll stop playing for awhile until they find a solution for this for me to follow and go back online again....
    I downloaded this game again hoping it will work but I came up with the error again. I followed other instructions like replacing the launcher with new ones but all of the launchers are not working.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Well, I see this issue has been in the works since last year.... Well now its mid 2012 and its back with a vengence. *Not that it left mind you* Ive tried everything in every forum post i can read. I cannot play the game.

LIFER HERE.

Does cryptic/pw really want to scare off potential customers to future games from them. Im getting to that point.

Of course, I scream yell whine and throw a tantrum *how heavy is a tantrum anyway* and the launcher works on the next try.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Been getting the 'unable to establish connection' and 'connection idle for too long' error aswell, after trying all these methods + reinstalling the game twice (on Steam)! Currently I'm trying to download the game on the actual web instead of Steam but I doubt it'll work... Got this happening about 3 - 4 weeks now... And I barely played the game (10 day playtime!!!)

Seriously Cryptic, even though I'm a Silver, I still paid for stuff like ATs and slots in the c-store :mad: Should've never spent any money on this if I knew this was gonna happen!

What I question more is why did it happen to me on the night when I was gonna get my third char from level 39 to 40...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    G'day all recently been having the same problems with connecting to launcher/updater as u guys in this discussion, it has always worked perfectly, second time downloaded and installing still failing this is pathetic i'm not paying for a game that seems so hard just to be able to connect to. please Crpytic get on this ASAP fantastic game would be nice if its possible to play it lol
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I've been encountering this problem as well, for three days as of this morning. I've tried all possible solutions, and I've come to the conclusion that it's Cryptic's error, not mine.
    Thankfully, I'm not a subscriber (though I would dearly love to play Drifter's new daily and maybe get my hands on some of those goods), so I'm not losing anything other than game time. It is, however, slightly frustrating to attempt to join my friends online, only to find that it's not possible.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Well, i tried to come back, even was considering going "green" and now this crap again... sorry, my money is going now to FunCom and their The Secret World. :cool:

The linked champions online.exe in this thread is not working anymore, and since none from the support bothers to update it... your loss. :rolleyes:

And btw. i'm playing now MMOs for over 10 years (started with Neocron), and in all that time, i never had so much problems to even get a connection to the game as it is with CO - that should really give you something to think over. :eek:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Yes mate i agree, i been playing MMO 1 especially for a very long time and have played others as well and this is the only game i have come across with such anoyying and frustrating connection issues. awesome game really but it needs to be playable for me to pay for it lol
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    berezerker wrote:
    Been getting the 'unable to establish connection' and 'connection idle for too long' error aswell, after trying all these methods + reinstalling the game twice (on Steam)! Currently I'm trying to download the game on the actual web instead of Steam but I doubt it'll work... Got this happening about 3 - 4 weeks now... And I barely played the game (10 day playtime!!!)

You must remove the game inside the Steam Client, else it will always be opened with Steam, since Steam
    changes some registry settings.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Ok how do i do that i downloaded Champions Online using steam and it launched fine and played it for a while. then these launcher connection issues started to occur the same as other people have described since this thread was started.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Ok how do i do that i downloaded Champions Online using steam and it launched fine and played it for a while. then these launcher connection issues started to occur the same as other people have described since this thread was started.

Inside Steam you have to rightclick on Champions Online, and then "reomove" or something like that.

After that, when you start CO, Steam shouldn't be startet automatically with it.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    You must remove the game inside the Steam Client, else it will always be opened with Steam, since Steam
    changes some registry settings.

Tried finding a way to do that, went through Google and everything and it turns out that you can't remove the games from Steam if downloaded from Steam, only uninstall... Well it was a nice suggestion anyway! Still need to finish my download of CO through the actual web, hopefully it'll work.

Btw, like your K-On! pic :)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Latest version of the launcher. I'll try and remember to update the file.

Good luck!

http://www.mediafire.com/?qrwhdzp55jn83dl
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Good luck!

WORKS :D THANKS!!! Seriously, thanks a lot, you just saved about 3 days or waiting for me :D

Right now its patching but I can get into the launcher so it should sooo work!! Again, thanks!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    berezerker wrote:
    WORKS :D THANKS!!! Seriously, thanks a lot, you just saved about 3 days or waiting for me :D

Right now its patching but I can get into the launcher so it should sooo work!! Again, thanks!

No worries! Happy gaming.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Hello guys, I really got it working by downloading it again(about 3 + GB, I know its a real pain for all of us) and at first tries, it didn't work so I thought its a disappointment but after a few weeks, I tried to run it again on a faster internet connection and it finally worked but still I hope the team find a solution for this major problem for the others that still can't solve the problem.....
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Hello everyone i am also reporting back to say that latest launcher link post has worked perfectly thank you. if its worked for me it should and i hope it works for everyone else who ran into this issue and lost game time.
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Good luck!

Thank you. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Um yeah noob here just downloaded the game last night about 3 gigs and i was getting those errors with the launcher after a while i got it working with the launcher from pixie now my question is how do i know my launcher is downloading the patch cause the patch button is grey and the bar says Version FC.28.20120620.2... its been like this for 2 hrs now
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Open the Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL), check "Processes" and look for GameClient.exe. Shut that down and try opening the Launcher again.

Worked for me. Good luck. Welcome to CO. Happy gamings.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    tried it but still the same how do i know if its downloading a patch sorry about this but really itching to play this game
    and thanks for replying :o
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    There's some numbers running and a blue bar.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    nope it just says Version FC.28.20120620.2....
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Oh and my launcher and file version says 2012.5.11.1914
  • Options
    xile015xile015 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Good luck!

invalid or deleted file
  • Options
    ammo3656ammo3656 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    xile015 wrote: »
    invalid or deleted file

Sill having this error! I downloaded the client TODAY from this very website. Seriously, any help?:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    janosridejanosride Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Pls Cryptic repair the error the launcher not working???????
  • Options
    mog555mog555 Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This issue strike again

EDIT: Um........... I'm not sure if everyone notice this that, this issue strike before There is a news on the website about Shared Maintain. Since the last time I encounter this is when there is a news about shared maintain
  • Options
    ironmastodonironmastodon Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It started for me last night before the maintenance though. I will not re-download all those patches, is there a new .exe available?
    "We don't have time to negotiate in a civilized way... Destroy them!"

"Captains log: I can take up a holding pattern while engineering locates the source of this malfunction, but this area is known to be a frequent destination of pirates. If we are detected by enemy ships, we won't be able to defend ourselves."
  • Options
    mog555mog555 Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't believe there is, since Mine just work again after the maintain.

It's seems to me that this problem normally happen when there is a maintain without any update and info that has been post.

But I'm not sure if anyone notice this, since I log on CO for so long before I log out, So I'm a bit late to encounter these kind of problem
  • Options
    gamexslayergamexslayer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss i can playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:biggrin:
  • Options
    solorollosolorollo Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Seems like I'm getting the classic "launcher in state of no response" or whatever today. Anyone able to repost the latest launch file for a guy with horrible broadband speed?
  • Options
    minsterdarkdeathminsterdarkdeath Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    http://launcher.champions-online.com/js/jquery-1.4.4.js been getting this for about a week now cant get into the game please help someone I have running vista 64bit
  • Options
    cptpatriotcptpatriot Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am still having an issue trying to log onto not only Champions Online, but Star Trek Online and the Neverwinter Beta.

I am extremely disappointed that this problem still persists.