test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lifetime sub and Veteran Rewards

xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
So it's obvious that I am a lifetime sub ( notice the helmet ).

I've been thinking though. A Lifetime sub basically says you made the ultimate commitment to the game. You will forever be with it until it shuts down. You can never unsubscribe. So essentially, shouldn't a lifetime user be entitled to all the veteran rewards if they will get them regardless? Does a lifetime subscriber, who can never unsubscribe, have to wait 1000 days just for millennial flight? Thoughts, concerns, gripes, opinions please. This has been bugging me for a few days now.
Post edited by xcaligax on

Comments

• aetharburnaetharburn Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Agreed, this has been one of the things stopping me from getting LTS.

"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality."
    Especially because they made it already for STO. There you get with a LTS all the Veteran Perks immediatly.
    Even i have some concepts i can just create in two years because then i have 900 days for the Avian Warrior Set.

Please Cryptic, bring the LTS Veteran Perk from STO here too!

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I support this!

Lifetimers/subscribers have been left in the dark a lot recently..the least you could do is give NEW lifetimers pre-existing benefits to make it more appealing.
  • pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well, they are called "Veteran" rewards...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Oh yes! Yes! YES!! YES! Oh boy, yes!! GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME!! :D

This would be woulderful! Get all in the LTS or earn-by-time if you sub.

Marvelous!!

I WANT! :B

I got too excited :b

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This is a great idea.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They should give you what you paid for. However much subscription time you could have bought with the money you paid to get your LTS, is how far you should be "fast forwarded" in regards to veteran rewards.

Regular subscriptions should work the same way.

However, you still have to wait the full amount of time before you get the next set of rewards, including the amount of time for the rewards that you did get.

You did commit to the game for life, but you got a pretty massive discount compared to someone who's just going to keep re-upping their subscription for life; that other person will, over time, potentially commit more money.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • corethlcorethl Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    pallihwtf wrote: »
    Well, they are called "Veteran" rewards...

They were called Veteran Rewards in STO, too.

I don't have a horse in this race, as I'm not a lifetimer or long-time subscriber here, and I'm not interested in the lifetimer thing here; but PWE has established a precedent over in CO's sister game. If it happens here, it'll probably be via the same sort of method: pay lifetime, get everything at once in the program: no previous time required.

It's probably just a matter of (development) time.

Personally, unless such a thing is accompanied by a REALLY good deal, I'm just as happy earning vet rewards every 100 days. I'm in no particular hurry.
  • helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So Cryptic should just spit in the face of the actual vets who waited the full 900 or 1000 days or whatever to get their rewards? I suppose "The Ultimate" title can now refer to "the ultimate financial commitment" rather than what it was supposed to mean.

If Cryptic feels that making the kids happy with their instant gratification is important, then so be it. If they feel that more instant rewards with a LTS will sell more of them, then that's what they'll do. These days, the bottom line is always going to be more important to corporations than customer loyalty.

It doesn't really affect me, as I have them already, so have at them.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    helbjorn wrote: »
    So Cryptic should just spit in the face of the actual vets who waited the full 900 or 1000 days or whatever to get their rewards? I suppose "The Ultimate" title can now refer to "the ultimate financial commitment" rather than what it was supposed to mean.

It doesn't really affect me, as I have them already, so have at them.

Why would it be "spitting in the face" of anyone? Especially with that last sentence. It doesn't ruin anyone's experience if someone else has the same thing they've got.

Veteran rewards were added retroactively as well, if I remember correctly. Meaning some of us didn't actually have to wait 100 or 200 days to get some of the stuff.

In City of Heroes, I really wanted wings for one of my characters. I wondered if I bought time in advance, if I could get the wings early. Sadly, no. By the time that I was subscribed for 15 months, I was uninterested in the game.

For the record, I'm not a fan of veteran rewards. I spoke against them when they were being discussed at first. I hate the whole "I have this stuff and you can't have it" mentality. But, if we're gonna have em, let people just buy em all up with a Lifetime membership.

So, I'm good with this. I don't think anyone will be offended by it.
    biffsig.jpg
  • titotito333999titotito333999 Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Agreed, Millennial Flight for all!!! Now get ready for the inevitable brain damage hehe. I've been spat in the face by Cryptic on many other occasions for many other reasons, so I kinda like it now, this one is meh on the spit meter... maybe it'll bring more $$$.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This was awesome while it lasted

The real question is probably "when will this happen". I assume that we will get it whenever there is another LTS sale.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The real question is probably "when will this happen". I assume that we will get it whenever there is another LTS sale.

Except it looks like we stopped having those... Even when STO gets lifetime sales, we don't.
    biffsig.jpg
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Agreed, Millennial Flight for all!!! Now get ready for the inevitable brain damage hehe. I've been spat in the face by Cryptic on many other occasions for many other reasons, so I kinda like it now, this one is meh on the spit meter... maybe it'll bring more $$$.

This right here is the reason this cannot happen. I see a millenial flight once in a blue moon, and it's allready too much. What were they thinking making that... and what are people thinking using it.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    LTS since pre-launch, I have all the Vet Rewards...

I fully support giving all Vet Rewards to all Lifers, regardless of when the LTS is purchased...

:smile:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It just makes sense to give all the vet rewards to the LTS. You've already made the ultimate commitment to the game. Even if you uninstall the game, dont play for 10,000 days or something, then come back, you are STILL SUBSCRIBED. Once you purchase that LTS, that's it, the only variable removing you from getting those veteran rewards was the unsubscribe button itself.
  • helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Then don't call them veteran rewards. If you give them to anyone buying a LTS on day one, they're no longer veteran rewards, they're simply "extra free stuff with an LTS".
  • sanmercisanmerci Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    helbjorn wrote: »
    Then don't call them veteran rewards. If you give them to anyone buying a LTS on day one, they're no longer veteran rewards, they're simply "extra free stuff with an LTS".

The problem there is that they are also awarded for having subscribed via monthly fee; it's not just free with an LTS, regardless of how they do it.

The problem, as I see it, is that the rewards are not satisfactorily (not to say clearly) defined as being a reward for either time committed or money committed- they're dependent on both. Personally, I would like to see the Vet rewards granted up front to those willing and able to pay for the LTS, but I also don't have any huge objection to waiting- even if it does mean another year before I have everything.
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    /signed more for bird people and glow tights
    basicly all other vet rewards were available by other means except the 300 day. some by glitches others were put in the recog store.
  • tidalwave082tidalwave082 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm all for this. I've been a lifer for STO since day one, so it's kind of nice to see them do this idea there and I totally support it. Frankly it's weird to me that haven't already, especially in the face of all of us CoX refugees showing up, would make a great time for a sale or at least this one extra perk. Also I'm surprised we're actually talking about it cause it hasn't been done. Both games, same company and such, heck they even share global chat channels between them, kind of surprises me how many things aren't in sync between them. This would be one of those big things.