test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck at "Patching"

kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
edited December 2012 in PC & Technical Issues
Launcher's stuck at patching. Everything was fine for several hours today, then the game crashed and now the launcher is stuck at "Patching..." on the progress bar.
Post edited by kamokami on

Comments

• razorcurerazorcure Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    God this ' for a short period of time after account creation, posting new threads is disabled; crap is annoying. I guess they do it so new people can;t start ******** about their game, before they have actually got INTO the game. Like me

Finally got the launcher to work..got the 1.5 gig patch. Now it is downloading a 61mb patch..only it is 'stuck' at Patching and 83.3%, even though I keep getting data.

About ready to say **** CO and remove it. Honestly, if it is so damn hard to get it to run, I am not sure I want to even think about in game bugs.
  • mergallenfurmergallenfur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hey I had this "Patching" problem just now myself. I assume restarting your computer would fix it, but in case it doesn't or you don't want to, I figured out how to fix it another way: do a Control-Alt-Delete and bring up Windows Task Manager, then Right Click - End Process the GameClient.exe and CrypticError.exe processes (if they're running). Then try running the launcher again.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I had something like this happen with my patching just now. I was getting this big 3,851MB that was taking all evening to download. Then it suddenly stalled at 97% and was like that for about 30 minutes until I hit cancel. I hit patch again and subsequently received a completely different patch about 75MB in size then the client crashed....

I started up the client again and it flashed a few file names before stating "play." No sign of the giant patch or the other. Erm... should I just go ahead and play tomorrow or should I be concerned right now?