test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So Ascension finally gets a "fix"

secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
edited December 2012 in The Hero Games
Methinks this is a wee bit late. Last 2 times I logged in pvp was completely dead and I found no real motivation to play.

For those who haven't read PTS patch notes - ascension's flight will now be removed by nttg - that's around 1000g I wasted in psionic surges for alts.
Post edited by secksegai on

Comments

• Options
    forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And Imbue fixed as well, sheesh! My deepest sympathies on the 1 kg loss.
    Was Ascension OP'd for PVE come to that was Imbue OP'd in PVE? coz if not then the only logical reason to fix this stuff would be to try and balance out PVP. Which invites further speculation on the future of PVP. I hate to be optimistic on your behalf so you'd better come up with a cast iron reason why Imbue and Ascension were breaking PVE hadn't you or else fall victim to the scourge of optimism yourself.
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
  • Options
    lazirullazirul Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    wow. only thing i found wrong bout ascension was during the hi pan alert with the dragon. i felt terrible after seeing everyone flying off from the start to go fight the boss only then leave after he was defeated. was terrible when your the only at the starting area and have to fight the mobs alone or with another player.
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Bye-bye my perma-Ascension. xD
  • Options
    bloodx13bloodx13 Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lazirul wrote: »
    wow. only thing i found wrong bout ascension was during the hi pan alert with the dragon. i felt terrible after seeing everyone flying off from the start to go fight the boss only then leave after he was defeated. was terrible when your the only at the starting area and have to fight the mobs alone or with another player.

You could use ascension to bypass areas in lairs like TT not going to explain how but ya!! and any pvp build already smites the npc's but add imbue to someone who already does the math for their build and bye bye npc's.
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    prob means i cant snipe hipan from the rooftops
    anymore
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jasinblaze wrote: »
    prob means i cant snipe hipan from the rooftops
    anymore

Maybe we can't ever run trough Hi-Pan anymore. xD
  • Options
    mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Why is it in the HG section. They fixed Ascension because of Hi-Pan. Not because everyone abuses it in PvP.

• Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The only reason you should be upset that Ascension is now removable via Nailed is if you're fighting Ripper in PvE, or if you abused it like a red-headed stepchild in PvP.

Congratulations. Melee is now viable again.
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    keikomyst wrote: »
    The only reason you should be upset that Ascension is now removable via Nailed is if you're fighting Ripper in PvE, or if you abused it like a red-headed stepchild in PvP.

Not yet, don't jump the gun keiko, you know what would need to be nerfed next (along with the actual attacks) :P
  • Options
    titotito333999titotito333999 Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    keikomyst wrote: »

Yay for melee, I might actually PvP some now... never mind, I suck at PvP hehe.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This was awesome while it lasted
    Not yet, don't jump the gun keiko, you know what would need to be nerfed next (along with the actual attacks) :P

You mean nerf Supernatural Infernal? :D
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And Imbue fixed as well, sheesh! My deepest sympathies on the 1 kg loss.
    Was Ascension OP'd for PVE come to that was Imbue OP'd in PVE? coz if not then the only logical reason to fix this stuff would be to try and balance out PVP. Which invites further speculation on the future of PVP. I hate to be optimistic on your behalf so you'd better come up with a cast iron reason why Imbue and Ascension were breaking PVE hadn't you or else fall victim to the scourge of optimism yourself.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2680621&postcount=12

conspiracy theory cat fits in good in this here community says I.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is all nonsense, guys. Everyone knows they don't make changes for PvP. It's an illuuuuuusion, don't believe it!

:wink:
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I never seen nerf herding like I have seen nerf herding in CO.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    mainscrizzmainscrizz Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    YaY, shadow strike is next!
    :eek: :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Muahahahahah xD
    edited November 2012
    nepht wrote: »

Are they scruffy-looking, though, that is the question.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    mijjestic wrote: »
    Are they scruffy-looking, though, that is the question.

If you count hulk clones as scruffy looking then yes ..yes they are.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Ironically, if they had never implemented PvP, then there would probably have been little to no nerf-herding.

• Options
    wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    smoochan wrote: »
    Ironically, if they had never implemented PvP, then there would probably have been little to no nerf-herding.

I would agree to a large extent on this, although it will only be my personal opinion and I do not have data to back it up.
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Because no one in pvp wants to see the hero they have built up in their head become weaker. This is part of the reason alot of the hardcore pvers in this game don't like pvp their characters that own the ridiculously easy pve game get killed in one shot in bash. In PvE here you can do majority of the game with just your first two powers if your patient enough just grab your energy builder and a blast and call it a day.

When you take that ice/muni/might/darkness mix into pvp though with no crippling challenge or nailed to the ground they are likely to go squish. PvP calls for the player to actually sit down and llok at how champions works, what the numbers represent and what the stats actually do. This is why alot of us consider PvP the true end game, it truly puts your build to the test.

Now thats not saying in anyway shape or form that only FOTM builds succeed in PvP lol I currently bring an archery,ice and melee toon into PvP and do quite well. It all comes down to maximizing the best of your build and believe it or not you can do that while still keeping concept. but thats enough of that part of the rant.

Thing is if something is broken in PvP it is broken in the rest of the game as well you just ether don't care or don't notice do to the lack of challenge in PvE.
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Necessary. Do you have any idea how unfair that would make the Black Friday BASH map?

blackfriday.png
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Comments like these are, quite simply, ignorant.

Smoochan, why do you hate all PvPers? I think the answer is quite simple. You are no good at PvP. Prove me wrong?

As darkonx said, PvP is the true end-game. Doing boss lairs a thousand times over is hardly end-game material, not to mention BORING AS HELL.

Ironically, your remarks always come across as biased, bitter jealousy.
  • Options
    mainscrizzmainscrizz Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    oobtree wrote: »

Smoochan, why do you hate all PvPers?....

aka Bigotry :wink:

not saying the person it was directed at is a bigot as I haven't come in contact with the person enough to know.
    edited November 2012

Smoochan, why do you hate all PvPers? I think the answer is quite simple. You are no good at PvP. Prove me wrong?

As darkonx said, PvP is the true end-game. Doing boss lairs a thousand times over is hardly end-game material, not to mention BORING AS HELL.

lol, looks like I crit a nerve. Keep your pvp-vs-pve nonsense away from me, homie don't play dat.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    lol, looks like I crit a nerve. Keep your pvp-vs-pve nonsense away from me, homie don't play dat.

Obviously homie do play dat judging by all of homies recent posts..you seem to blame pvp for alot of things and the way you talk about it makes me think that you see it as an add on or an expansion. Just to let you know myself and some other players preorder the game or tested it back when it first came out and guess what pvp was included with the game and was not an afterthought!!! shocking right it was part of the install and everything!! *gasp*
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    bloodx13 wrote: »
    Obviously homie do play dat judging by all of homies recent posts..you seem to blame pvp for alot of things and the way you talk about it makes me think that you see it as an add on or an expansion. Just to let you know myself and some other players preorder the game or tested it back when it first came out and guess what pvp was included with the game and was not an afterthought!!! shocking right it was part of the install and everything!! *gasp*

Online games are all about people interacting with other people. PvP is a natural result of that desire to interact with other players, and pretty much any online game should have some form of PvP to be considered complete. Furthermore, PvP needs to always be a part of the ongoing design process of any online game, with every change made to the game being given some consideration as to its effect on pvp, since pvp is so much more easily disrupted than pve content. An online game without any pvp is not only failing to fully embrace the point of being online, but is neglecting a valuable asset in regards to content and how it effects the overall replay value of the game, something which is incredibly important to a persistent world environment. And on a last point, pvp is not only useful content-wise, but with the way pvpers are constantly fiddling with game mechanics, it almost serves as a free debugging service; pvpers find problems with the systems much faster than pvers, and are much more likely to point them out openly.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Online games are all about people interacting with other people. PvP is a natural result of that desire to interact with other players, and pretty much any online game should have some form of PvP to be considered complete. Furthermore, PvP needs to always be a part of the ongoing design process of any online game, with every change made to the game being given some consideration as to its effect on pvp, since pvp is so much more easily disrupted than pve content. An online game without any pvp is not only failing to fully embrace the point of being online, but is neglecting a valuable asset in regards to content and how it effects the overall replay value of the game, something which is incredibly important to a persistent world environment. And on a last point, pvp is not only useful content-wise, but with the way pvpers are constantly fiddling with game mechanics, it almost serves as a free debugging service; pvpers find problems with the systems much faster than pvers, and are much more likely to point them out openly.

Well I have to admit that I did not expect that reply and i can't help but fully agree with you and will even go as far as apologizing for how I took your earlier posts. If all of your posts were delivered as directly and precise as the one above I don't think anyone would have any place to interpret them wrongly.
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bloodx13 wrote: »
    Well I have to admit that I did not expect that reply and i can't help but fully agree with you and will even go as far as apologizing for how I took your earlier posts. If all of your posts were delivered as directly and precise as the one above I don't think anyone would have any place to interpret them wrongly.

People would find a way, they always do.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    People would find a way, they always do.
    Smoochans original post was indeed an interesting observation not an I hate PVP post. Seems obvious to me.
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
  • Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    secksegai wrote: »
    Methinks this is a wee bit late. Last 2 times I logged in pvp was completely dead and I found no real motivation to play.

For those who haven't read PTS patch notes - ascension's flight will now be removed by nttg - that's around 1000g I wasted in psionic surges for alts.

I'm glad I got rid of Ascension as Cryptic seems to take advice from industrial saboteurs rather than actually play testing their own game.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I'm glad I got rid of Ascension as Cryptic seems to take advice from industrial saboteurs rather than actually play testing their own game.

I personally think they have put Twilight Sparkle in charge of powers and Pinkie Pie in charge of PvP.

Soon we will all just be in bash giving each other hugs with Xeno and Mal in the background dressed as cheerleaders giving us all inspirational pep rallys. RAINBOWS FREAKING EVERYWARE \o/
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I personally think they have put Twilight Sparkle in charge of powers and Pinkie Pie in charge of PvP.

Soon we will all just be in bash giving each other hugs with Xeno and Mal in the background dressed as cheerleaders giving us all inspirational pep rallys. RAINBOWS FREAKING EVERYWARE \o/

I'm glad I was on the forums the day that nepht finally completely lost it.

• Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    • Aaaawghobloblawararar! *rampages*
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    • Aaaawghobloblawararar! *rampages*

Gets my vote XD
  • Options
    strazabornstrazaborn Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2012

I am incredibly bored and I like to see how this game is dying..ahem doing, by reading the forums. Anyway, Smoo is good pvper, was w/e, and i totally saw this comment coming because Smoo is also incredibly smart. Although there's a dry sarcasm that you use a lot.

Oh, also...wouldn't it be great if the powers were split (had different effects) on the pvp maps then it did on the pve maps? that just seems like it would solve everything, if only a game had done this, oh wait...
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Buh bye Ascension, hello Breakaway Shot.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    strazaborn wrote: »
    I am incredibly bored and I like to see how this game is dying..ahem doing, by reading the forums. Anyway, Smoo is good pvper, was w/e, and i totally saw this comment coming because Smoo is also incredibly smart. Although there's a dry sarcasm that you use a lot.

Oh, also...wouldn't it be great if the powers were split (had different effects) on the pvp maps then it did on the pve maps? that just seems like it would solve everything, if only a game had done this, oh wait...

Ah that explains why Straza graces us with her presence =) Then again, I'm doin the same things these days =P
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    strazaborn wrote: »

The only game i know that did that was Everquest 2, and i was always wondering why
    no other newer game did copy that. But the reason maybe is just that EQ2 is not WoW :rolleyes:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Buh bye Ascension, hello Breakaway Shot.

Sounds entertaining, at least.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Or lethal.

I tried the new Ascension... it's pretty cool except it can still be disabled. 9_9 I thought it was fine the way it was.

Ascension is legit... you don't need breakaway shot... it's still a nice power.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Or lethal.

I tried the new Ascension... it's pretty cool except it can still be disabled. 9_9 I thought it was fine the way it was.

It was sarcasm my clever lucy.

However, I am using breakaway shot. Luckily I seem to be the only one to catch on to how great it is. I won't go into why it's great, tho.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    However, I am using breakaway shot. Luckily I seem to be the only one to catch on to how great it is. I won't go into why it's great, tho.

You sooooo wish you could be the creator of one build and that everyone would copy you but you don't get enough attention, so you need to shout it on all the roofs and use baits to attempt to make it work.

Noone gives a squirrel's ******** about your stupid character and your super secrets everyone already know. Even if everyone's already aware of BS's features, by refusing to explain you prove you're just trying to bring some life in your flaccid epeen in PvP rather than 'helping the community' as you claim you do. You couldn't get to see that in your own sentence. Why do you even try though.
    Or lethal.

If Ascension doesn't remove the Freedom buff triggered by a recent NTTG then it will still have an use. Flight is too valuable.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    mrf0rz1 wrote: »
    You sooooo wish you could be the creator of one build and that everyone would copy you but you don't get enough attention, so you need to shout it on all the roofs and use baits to attempt to make it work.

Noone gives a squirrel's ******** about your stupid character and your super secrets everyone already know. Even if everyone's already aware of BS's features, by refusing to explain you prove you're just trying to bring some life in your flaccid epeen in PvP rather than 'helping the community' as you claim you do. You couldn't get to see that in your own sentence. Why do you even try though.

Bait fail. Re-worm your hook and try again, kthx.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    It's fine, I know you can't say much about that, I forgive you.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    It was sarcasm my clever lucy.

LOL... Yeah I think it's pretty self-explanatory why it's good. No one needs an instruction manual.

Yeah, one thing positive I can say about you is that we seem to come up with the same ideas at nearly the same time, like when I beat you to your perma-Ascension nonsense. :P

So, that means you do have the ability to think, at least somewhat.
  • Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I know this is a PvP thread, but I have to say that as a non-pvper I really like the changes to ascension. The ranged heal is powerful enough on my lvl 40 to full heal my team within range. I suppose the nerf sucks for pvpers, though.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    mrf0rz1 wrote: »
    It's fine, I know you can't say much about that, I forgive you.

Even though I'm pretty much gone myself, I love you both, even if you still quarrel and Forz doesn't even play anymore =p
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    LOL... Yeah I think it's pretty self-explanatory why it's good. No one needs an instruction manual.

Yeah, one thing positive I can say about you is that we seem to come up with the same ideas at nearly the same time, like when I beat you to your perma-Ascension nonsense. :P

So, that means you do have the ability to think, at least somewhat.

More baiting, Lucy? It's okay, and expected. It's the most some of you can do on the HG forums, and certainly more than you've ever done in actual Hero Games. Bait and make exaggerated claims and assumptions. It's astonishing how deep some of you have planted your heads into your own asses. I've logged into CO less than twice a week, or not at all for weeks straight. Those that cried elitism are now the elitists while others that got butthurt a year and a half ago or longer are still spouting childish insults, despite the fact I apologized long ago.

Much like secksegai, I too have moved on from CO and it's lingering petty community (not all of you, of course.) I only log on to say hello to to my friends and duel from time to time. Devs didn't ruin PvP, the community did it to itself, and it will never get any better.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    To get to the point, seeing how people use Ascension anyways, it's been buffed. Nothing more. Good Job!

• Options
    edited December 2012
    The only nerf to Ascension is that it can be disabled, but that rarely happens with the way it's used. I never used it just to cancel Nailed to the ground, though.
    More baiting, Lucy?

I don't need to bait you. I rarely read anything you write. My point was that both Breakaway Shot and Ascension are good. :P