test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Champions or Dark Champions?

timmo1988timmo1988 Posts: 13 Arc User
I'm working on trying to introduce a few friends to the HERO System, these are guys who I meet with every Saturday for games of DnD and Shadowrun. I decided to have the session primarily take place in Westside, with the players being Vigilantes who formed their own gang in order to fight the other gangs of Westside. The others seem to like this idea.

Now, the question is which should I use? Champions or Dark Champions, I can't really figure out which would be more fitting, since technically it's taking place in Millennium City but on the other hand it's focused on a group of Vigilantes.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's your campaign, but I say if you want a Dark Champions Feel, then use Dark Champions and have the "4-color" heroes always "away" on international or gigantic emergencies, not really having the time to clean up Westside when alien armadas and terrorists threaten the nation.

Essentially, leave the Local Problem to your lower powered Dark Champions players.. maybe have specific scenes where one of them might show up as a plot point, express a desire to help, but never be able to carry through completely due to previous or other commitments, whatever.
  • Options
    ringwashereringwashere Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That's a great idea. you could even color it under the pretense of begrudging respect.

A "4-color" hero shows up to clean up the gang war, and interrupts the vigilantes begins to tell them to back off and call it quits because of the danger/their methods/their microscopic view of the problem. As a confrontation begins to take shape, the hero is called away but leaves with a warning.

The vigilantes obviously ignore the warning, because the problem still needs solving, and at the end of the campaign the Hero returns and survey's the results. Based on what the hero sees, he or she could either give them the knowing nod letting them know that while the hero might not approve of their methods, the hero recognizes the need for someone to do the work when the hero cannot OR that the hero disapproves of them entirely, and will be on the lookout for the vigilantes in the future.

That could make for an interesting dynamic that is more personal than just avoiding the police while doing their vigilantism.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]