test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If customizeable sidekicks, what would yours look like?

smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
Just to create some more random noise about the idea of customizeable sidekicks, which I think is something this game could use.

If they let you have a permanently summonable custome sidekick, what would they be like?

For the purposes of this, let's just be crazy and assume they gave us everything... you can pick your sidekick's costume and powers ( and maybe even advantages and specializations, depending on how crazy you are willing to be ).

My sidekick?

Well, every barely-good demon warrior needs a bit of contrast, so it would be the tiniest cutest most ridiculously dressed magical girl type character with the most sparkly of magic powers. She would also have pitifully low amounts of hit points and defense so that I constantly have to save her. And bunny ears. Yay! :D

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
Post edited by smoochan on

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Spider-Bat's sidekick would be Blackbird, a female martial artist-acrobat (I'd add Luck powers, but there aren't any in this version of Champions, sadly). Of course, eventually Blackbird would grow up and change her identity to Blackwing, necessitating Spider-Bat's finding another Blackbird...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My main would have some of my other characters as her sidekicks. They were part of the same adventuring party afterall.

Act I:
    Alyssa = main protagonist; elemental DPS mage
    Slyvia = enchantress mage, DPS & Controller
    Zuphias = druidic mage (nature powers), deceased; Healer & Controller
    Elizabeth = rogue & thief; Melee DPS & Rogue
    Aidan = hammer-spammer; Tank
    Julius = melee DPS & backup Tank
    Ynnea = Dedicated Healer
    Gorothok = Dedicated Regen Tank

Act II:
    Alyssa = main protagonist; elemental DPS mage
    Gorothok = Dedicated Regen Tank
    Sabra = Ranged Munitions DPS & Rogue
    David = Powerarmor mix; off-tank & DPS
    Ynnea = Dedicated Healer

Any of those characters would be an ideal sidekick. You can create a custom-looking nemesis, why not a sidekick?

PS: The Nemesis system needs an upgrade. It's got soooo much unused potential. I would very much rather they work on the nemesis system first, before doing any sidekick stuff. We don't need more abandoned, half-baked projects...
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My sidekicks (plural because I would want several) would look like the minions from the movie Despicable Me, but with the face of Marty Feldman from Young Frankenstein.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • keshmarchkeshmarch Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We DO have customizeable sidekicks! They're called friends.

>:3
    Tark%20Signature_zpscmqoxjfn.png~original
  • forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Electra Woman would have Dyna Girl... Maybe with Electra Orbital Strike lolz.
    Guess Jadeth Avatar of Chaos would have a Cthulhuish Overseer sort of thing (infernal? powers).
    Malkathi (based on Malkavian Vampire from VTMB - so crazy she thinks she's a superhero!) needs a ghoul (one who is addicted to vampire blood) to cart around large quantities of blood bags to ensure there are no unfortunate incidents with civilians. Blood thirst can be hard on the colateral. Regen martial artist w healing maybe.
    Most of mine seem to be self contained little entities based on the Champs Universe (which I don't know very well anyway). So I'd need to be inventive.
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A sidekick huh? A very sophisticated android of course! Comes with the latest in gadgets and weapons this century can offer! Batteries not included.
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    a butler of course, he would also clean my house while i play
  • ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For Rain, Id probably have my other character as her side kick, for Alana, it'd be an elegant red rose dressed sidekick associated with the story, Valentina would have a nice suit and tie wearing guy as her sidekick, and at some point I want to give a character a luchadore sidekick. I'd drop all of my money right now for customizable sidekicks. Someone was saying earlier the Backup! Devices were supposed to be some sorta test for that but, I don't see what they were testing.
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would roll a very muscular angel and call him Bobby.

Something like this:

66458.jpg

or this! :D

snapshot20081210142409ay4.jpg

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    klitty wrote: »

Something like this:

66458.jpg

Wh....what the.... what the *&^$ is going on in my pants right now? o_O

• sykovsykov Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Charlie would have two psychopathic midgets who have smiles like the Joker with carnivorous intent and each of the midgets carry an army knife. :cool:
    It's a game, not a ****. Don't choke on it.

I own Koda Ortega. Yeah...

• visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Unfortunately, as much as I would have liked the idea of customizable sidekicks about one or two years ago, the same things that apply to the not so customizable vehicles now would likely apply to them as well:
    • They're probably not gonna give us enough customization
    • They're gonna be expensive as hell, and likely require us to gamble for some sort of special mods to gear them up. Hell, they'd probably make some sort of sidekick specific AT's we'd have to gamble for, or make the sidekicks into some kind of OP summon (with pre-set skins) we'd have to gamble for.
    • We don't really NEED them as we can already rolfstomp through the content the way things are now.
    • They will probably only get half done then suffer the same fate as the Hideouts and the Nemesis system before them (i.e. the devs will just ignore them and move on to the next big thing rather than finish what they started and improve on what they already have in the game).
    • Why should I spend money on sidekicks to play the same content I have run over a dozen times before when I can buy a whole new game for roughly the same amount or less that they're likely to sell me such a feature?
    /buzzkillpost
    Unfortunately, as much as I would have liked the idea of customizable sidekicks about one or two years ago, the same things that apply to the not so customizable vehicles now would likely apply to them as well [...]

That's why in this thread we're being crazy and making wild assumptions! 8D

• titotito333999titotito333999 Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Why should I spend money on sidekicks to play the same content I have run over a dozen times before when I can buy a whole new game for roughly the same amount or less that they're likely to sell me such a feature?
    [/LIST]
    /buzzkillpost

Because I want a mini me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This was awesome while it lasted
    That was the Nightwatch, a Malk I'd created for the V:tM tabletop game. Unfortunately, he tended to regard almost any crime as a capital crime, from murder to jaywalking to overtime parking. (Never did get to play him, but I imagine he would have been in trouble with the local Prince a lot for endangering the Masquerade...)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• sekimensekimen Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Real Soviet Damage's sidekick would be El Jawesome De La Grande - Shark Luchador Extraordinaire. They would have a special ability to high-five each other.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Something like this:

66458.jpg

scandalous.png

As for me, probably another me, or a gadgetry concept I have.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    xcaligax wrote: »
    A sidekick huh? A very sophisticated android of course! Comes with the latest in gadgets and weapons this century can offer! Batteries not included.

Not if you were the last man on Earth, Caliga.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • emeraldcrosshairemeraldcrosshair Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well if i could use my already saved costumes then i would make them clones of myself like a "replication" ability.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Probably just another one of my characters. They are supposed to be a squad/family anyways...
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • mog555mog555 Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Brotherly Love for me. Fenrir and Razor both brothers or Syndra (Fenrir PSI girlfriend)

Would be good for Devastator and Unleash so as for PSI look nice
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    -Tights wearing female superhero
    -Tights wearing male superhero
    -Native american "kemosabe"
    -Robot
    -Fire elemental
    -Ice elemental
    -Wind elemental
    -Earth elemental
    -Giant warmech
    -Soldier mercenary
    -Kunoichi
    -Female android
    -Doctor scientist
    -Wizard mage warlock
    -Cheerleader
    -Alien babe
    -Alien gladiator
    -Monster
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • enixonbbenixonbb Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Probably just another one of my characters. They are supposed to be a squad/family anyways...

I'd actually do the same thing most likely.
    When (or if >.> ) this ever gets made it'd probably work if they had it function a bit like the nemesis creator choose a power-set maybe choose from a couple personalities if they are gonna make random quips in combat like other npcs do and then bring up the costume creator to actually make them.

That said after what happened with the vehicles I'm a little worried they will (or would) just end up being just the normal sidekick devices but without the one hour time limit, just a permanent version of Indy Kid and the like, maybe with sidekick mods of some kind so they can still say that they're customizable. :rolleyes:

which brings to mind an darkly amusing mental image of The Drifter having bunch of eager young proteges stored somewhere to sell for salvage.
  • randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My Brigade would have another Brigade, so that I could have Multi-Man hi-jinks all the time, even if other Brigades weren't logged on.

My character Ballistic's backstory includes two wanna-be sidekick siblings she's stuck looking after that spend more time arguing with each other than fighting bad guys, so I'd probably end up using them. :biggrin:
  • kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think I'd like one for Hap Hazard.

It would use the Retro Space costume set. I'd call him Corporal Sparks (or some such thing), and he would say nifty stuff like, "gee, Hap how are we gonna get outta this one?" or 'G-g-g-g ghost pirates???!!"

:tongue:

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

I think I'd like one for Hap Hazard.

It would use the Retro Space costume set. I'd call him Corporal Sparks (or some such thing), and he would say nifty stuff like, "gee, Hap how are we gonna get outta this one?" or 'G-g-g-g ghost pirates???!!"

:tongue:
    Space Cadet Sparky! :biggrin:

• kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    Space Cadet Sparky! :biggrin:

That's the ticket!:eek::biggrin:

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

That was the Nightwatch, a Malk I'd created for the V:tM tabletop game. Unfortunately, he tended to regard almost any crime as a capital crime, from murder to jaywalking to overtime parking. (Never did get to play him, but I imagine he would have been in trouble with the local Prince a lot for endangering the Masquerade...)

I suspect VTMB was a very sanitised version of the original tabletop game.

Mine was more cuddlyised - doesn't drink blood in combat coz heroes don't do that etc, so a ghoul with a few medpacks aka blood bags would be handy. Say a healer with a gun or two for self defence. Maybe the blood doll Heather would be a good look.

Malkathi I made a TK ranged, best fit for the ole fill your enemies with your own insanity thing and you gotta admit TK ranged has some of the zaniest looking powers. Big ball of colour exploding into coloured knives lovely.

Course I really should have another build for when she's not superheroing - claw bite devour essence regen etc but I used all my powers up... Maybe I'll get a become device.
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,120 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For each of my chars I guess it would be different:

Mentella (Telepath): Perhaps some mind controlled PSI Agents or an amateur telepath who is learning to use his/her powers. The amateur telepath would be dressed in a similar fashion to PSI but would use blue instead.

ForceGirl (Force Fielder): Perhaps a robot with healing abilities and some offensive capability which can hack computers and interact with objects etc. Robot would have Energy shielding and holograms.

CharmCaster (Luck/Lightning Magic char): Either an elemental spirit or a magic sprite of some sort

Bionic Bullet (Assassin): Perhaps a "scrappy/ unarmed" dude ( a bit like Indy Kid)

Black Diamond (Diamond char): A diamond/crystal golem

Alara the Light Guardian (Cosmic Guardian of Light): A light based entity. (similar to a being with ascension FX on permanently)

Techna Ology (Technopath): Perhaps another kid genius OR a state of the art battle droid

The Winter Fairy (Winter entity): Either another elemental wind or ice sprite

CyberGirl (PA toon): Battle Droid

Very Naughty Kitty: -None-

BioWasp(Energy toon): a strong guy to help her >>Here<<

Shadow Assassin (Stealth Ninja): A spy drone which targets and immobilizes targets or spreads decoy holograms to allow me to escape or strike hard from stealth.

Rouge: -None-

PsycheBlade: A psionic entity constructed of pure will.
  • vikaernesvikaernes Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Mine would be fat and small and would look like Bill Roper. His main attack would be me, kicking him into a crowd of unsuspecting foes which would do approximately 15k crushing AoE dmg.
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Something like this:

66458.jpgWhat the freck@

YUCK!!
    For Col. Candice Kain i would have an Android that looked just like her.
    Instead of guns however, she would be a melee build with blades and Boomerang attacks.
    Simply called C.A.N.D.Y.
  • elsandvichelsandvich Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'd love a creepy little ghost girl for my main Alexis. An important part of her backstory/concept is that she already has the ghost of her kid sister following her around, after all.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I suspect VTMB was a very sanitised version of the original tabletop game.

Someone needs to make a Sabbat-centric VTM game... prefferably Rockstar Games.

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    smoochan wrote: »
    Someone needs to make a Sabbat-centric VTM game... prefferably Rockstar Games.
    Sabbat-centric? I'm not sure even Rockstar's up for that, but they'd do a better job than anyone else - and would probably have the first-ever video game rated X for violence...

Yeah, Bloodlines simplified a lot of things. In V:tM, for instance, you need a special ability in order to obtain vitae from most animal blood - that's why the need to feed on humans. And there was no mention that I can recall of diablerie (feeding on the vitae of another Kindred, often to the point of Final Death), unless that's why the Malk responded to the game's final revelation that way.

• pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sidekicks... Hmm.

Dr. Kaufmann's sidekick would probably be one of his adjutants from Kaufmann Inc., who helps him take care of all the little things Kaufmann 'just doesn't have time right now, damnit!'

Of course Kaufmann's adjutants usually don't last longer than a few months in their job...