test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you sell your concept in order to win in PvP?

sykovsykov Posts: 130 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
Title says it all, folks.
It's a game, not a ****. Don't choke on it.

I own Koda Ortega. Yeah...

Post edited by sykov on

Comments

• Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No.

Many of you see what the result has been.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Win every game in PvP?

Doubt it. No fun winning all the time.

And even then, it's still one character. Just make another, with concept! :biggrin:

Hell, I'm sure some of the PvP people have concepts...

Although I don't really know personally...
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    sinistro1978sinistro1978 Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No, I wouldn't and I never have.

It really isn't worth it these days. PvP is literally dead, unless you consider dueling in Ren Cen "PvP". Even then, logging on just to duel, at least for me, is a waste of time.

Prior to the On Alert changes, there were lots of sellouts. "Black Knight" using Dragons Claws or "Supercoolguy" using every fotm power out there. That kind of thing was common. A few of them are still out there, but for the most part, they're the minority now. The only good thing that came out of PvP dying is most players are at least trying to be creative with their powers and themes these days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Depends how much money i would get off it.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    wacky99wacky99 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sinistro1978 has hit the nail on the head, I believe.

Stuffy on the old CO forums. PWE ate my username.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nope, no way, I think thats why I can't PvP well, because I am too stuck to concept.

When I asked for PvP help in making a build, people gave me very good advice, but for the life of me I couldnt think of a concept where I would use such a combination of powers.

It does sadden me that concept builds "cant" have the same efficacy in PvP as thrown together PvP builds (By that I mean non concept builds)

You know I am almost tempted to make a character called Death, whose superpower is to die. Then whenever I PvP I can stick to concept AND win in PvP because once I have died, I am using my superpower :p
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No. I didn't spend all that time and G ripping a character straight out of my imagination just to butcher them for pvp.

Anytime I considered making a chracter "just for pvp", the percieved boredom of how that would go pretty much put me to sleep before I even got past picking my energy builder.

CO =/= Clones Online! D:

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    smoochan wrote: »
    No. I didn't spend all that time and G ripping a character straight out of my imagination just to butcher them for pvp.

Anytime I considered making a chracter "just for pvp", the percieved boredom of how that would go pretty much put me to sleep before I even got past picking my energy builder.

CO =/= Clones Online! D:

I love going into PvP/Duels with concept toons for when you do waste a PvP build toon you can sit on thar head and say the following.

"Yew have just been ganked by role player. Suck on them tangerines. TANGERINES OF PAIN!! >:C "

I have that phrase bound to a key.

I also have "shinkuFUQyewken" bound to my force cascade button XD
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    [...] I also have "shinkuFUQyewken" bound to my force cascade button XD

1254763490108.jpg

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    I love going into PvP/Duels with concept toons for when you do waste a PvP build toon you can sit on thar head and say the following.

"Yew have just been ganked by role player. Suck on them tangerines. TANGERINES OF PAIN!! >:C "

I have that phrase bound to a key.

I also have "shinkuFUQyewken" bound to my force cascade button XD

I eagerly anticipate seeing you do that, I think I would laugh so much.

To be fair, I have in my time, finished a few AT and some FF PvPers with my Mind AT build, it was pretty funny but then my luck would swiftly run out :frown:
  • Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I prefer to make my concepts as strong as I can make them rather than throw my concept under the bus.

Ironically enough, my totally conceptual ranged Night Warrior has been called a cheeseball, as has my Freeform archer, and in my circle of friends, just about everyone is afraid to fight any of my characters. It's quite unfortunate, because I love a good casual duel between two concepts.

Hell, Pre-On Alert my unarmed martial artist, of all things, was shunned by my friends whenever they'd start doing random duels!

I'm just following good 'ol Kenpo's philosophy on building, taking effective, concept-fitting attacks and packing the rest of my character's build with utility options.

Choose your attacks with purpose, armed for every situation, but do not overprepare. One single-target hard hitter and one AoE and you'll be guaranteed to be effective.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    keikomyst wrote: »
    [...], and in my circle of friends, just about everyone is afraid to fight any of my characters [...]

XD I lol'd

• Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    with all the powers made by someone else, and all the mechanics as well,
    would anything really be my concept? i'd sell it (for money) but why would i buy it, kind of takes the fun out of the game just copying someone else.
    and really who cares about winning i learn much more by losing.
    and i just enjoy the ride
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can tell you my build concept but my build is uncopyable unless you have bunch of zen, questionite, global, mods, some drifter salvage special luck and ESP. time.
    And even you copied my build, it won't work same. Those build require player skill. Thats the reason my most enemy are not any build but nerf-cries and nerf fix done won't effect me so much afterwards.

Well, just see wut everyone are doing in PvP, think and learn by yourself.