test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How Hulk Feels About the Tanks

finalslapsfinalslaps Posts: 198 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wrNMPRriwc

I meant vehicles but you get the picture.
Post edited by finalslaps on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think thats how Hulk feels about everything...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    wacky99wacky99 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hulk did it well, but Doc Manhattan was a lot more... elegant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uXkRVWKXg8

(about 14 secs in to the clip)

Stuffy on the old CO forums. PWE ate my username.
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lies .. all lies .. Hulk these days happily drives a Tank himself, because he never was good
    in designing costumes, and so he prefers the even more streamlined costume he has when
    he hides inside a tank :tongue:

Also .. if you ever see a tank .. how can you be sure that there is no Hulk inside ? :biggrin:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Because it's most likely gonna be named hulkk-1234567890x, hu1k, hulkbanner, gammagreen etc...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Because it's most likely gonna be named hulkk-1234567890x, hu1k, hulkbanner, gammagreen etc...

But in Comics, Movies .. or RL :eek: .. you don't see Name Tags over the head of people or
    Tanks :biggrin:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH_VtXj6c2o

The real enemy is out there.... trying to replace us.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wonder if PWE held a gun to hulks head and forced him to buy a tank.

NO? They didnt well thats just grand. You want to see how to bust a game look at what Sony did to DCUO selling their euro accounts to a German company I mean thats total madness. THATS how you break a game , adding tanks and planes to mmo wont break it .
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They nerfed the might powerset to render this argument invalid in advance.

Might characters aren't strong enough to warrent the idea that driving a tank is a downgrade :tongue: Hulk clearly had assistance from someone spamming force cascades from off camera.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I wouldn't care if vehicles ended up as a travel power or device. But to have separate attacks and it's own upgrades/modding. WTF is this, Vehicles Online? These dumb vehicle mods took up all the regular mods you could get on Bursts. I sick and tired of these the only ones you get in Bursts.
  • Options
    lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    finalslaps wrote: »
    I wouldn't care if vehicles ended up as a travel power or device. But to have separate attacks and it's own upgrades/modding. WTF is this, Vehicles Online? These dumb vehicle mods took up all the regular mods you could get on Bursts. I sick and tired of these the only ones you get in Bursts.

I'd honestly be irritated if they didn't have their own powers and attacks and it makes sense that a superhero plane would have something like that. And it would not surprise me that if they did not have their own attacks, people would be asking for them. I think the furor and intensity of the push people made for vehicles is why Cryptic is making such efforts now.

I'm honestly curious as to how much money these things have made them.
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    In the very beginning when people asked for vehicles they asked for motorcycles, cars, and helicopters. All which can't attack. But now we have this mess.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    In the very beginning when people asked for vehicles they asked for motorcycles, cars, and helicopters. All which can't attack. But now we have this mess.

Quite the contrary. They asked for vehicles they could attack from, and the limiting factor was animation time and making it work. Then people asked for vehicles that just changed them and you couldn't do anything with them, but let's face it, people would be pissed if they couldn't. So they gave us Batman and Punisher style vehicles, the type you can load out with weapons if you choose to.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Quite the contrary. They asked for vehicles they could attack from, and the limiting factor was animation time and making it work. Then people asked for vehicles that just changed them and you couldn't do anything with them, but let's face it, people would be pissed if they couldn't. So they gave us Batman and Punisher style vehicles, the type you can load out with weapons if you choose to.

From what I've seen, it's not that people hate that they gave us vehicles... it's not even the kind of vehicles that people hate. It's the fact that that's the only thing they've given us in so long... and then the next thing we got, was one of those vehicles in a different color.

I think it's great that they gave us vehicles with weapons and mods and whatever... but to go a year and only get that... well, that moon thing they mentioned in the last report will hopefully be amazing and we'll all say "OH! So THAT's what they've been working on!" and then we'll all collectively fangasm over the amazing stuff they've been actually been working on and keeping secret from us.

Now, if they were a bit more transparent on what they're doing... then people wouldn't see the previous paragraph, and immedietly feel the need to scoff at it as unrealistic fantasizing... and it also wouldn't feel so much like unrealistic fantasizing.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited December 2012

It's Auto Assault 2.

There were some leftovers and figured "f*** it."