test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In honor of the passing of CoX, please give us..

vasheerahvasheerah Posts: 5 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Suggestions Box
..Another nightclub to socialize in, patterned after Pocket D.

:biggrin:

..After all, who says it couldn't have a doorway to THIS world too?
Post edited by vasheerah on

Comments

• arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    vasheerah wrote: »

Eh. There's already multiple bars/nightclubs in this game. Two that anyone can get to and a third in Vibora bay plus a small variety of other areas to RP. I'd say get to your 30s if you haven't already and check out Minefield. It's cooler than Caprice and D.
  • lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, a place like Pocket D would be nice, mainly if we get any RP instance, perhaps an instance to cater to each type of hero. By that I mean a dark themed club for dark heroes, a sci-fi one (pocket D styled maybe?) for sci-fi heroes, and so on. Maybe they could also give everyone access to the other RP instances, it feels like caprice is the only one that has people in it, Vibora Bay and the minefield always have about 1 or 2 people in them, never see anyone in the clubs in westside. But back on topic, Pocket D or something like it would put club caprice to shame.

/signed:biggrin:
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lotar295 wrote: »
    By that I mean a dark themed club for dark heroes,

That would be the only one that would get used. Black and red wolf demon vampire angels, away!
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • vincyrevincyre Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Isn't pocket-D still part of the IP of CoX, therefore not able to be made here?

Plus, there are a few clubs already, I think we would see more use out of...

The extra hideout rooms
    All of those old crafting locations
    More hideouts

Just to name a few.
  • bloodgambitbloodgambit Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Supergroup Bases FTW?

@Maekada in-game

Formerly MaekadaFolay on the forums.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Would it be okay if the doorway to that nightclub is an Oblivion Gate?

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • vasheerahvasheerah Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    IMO, Sherrera's and the Minefield are very under-used. Sherrera's is very small so it can't hold many and the Minefield requires you to be 35-ish before you can access the zone.

Carl's Gym is more of a fight club than anything else.

Caprice is the only place that sees any kind of regular crowd in my experience.

Its a suggestion forum so I'm making a suggestion. :tongue:
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    IMO, Sherrera's and the Minefield are very under-used. Sherrera's is very small so it can't hold many and the Minefield requires you to be 35-ish before you can access the zone.

And people hate Club Caprice cause of its terrible layout and poor atmosphere. Pocket D was actually a quite nice design.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think the location of the old UNITY building in Ren Ctr should be repurposed into a sort of "off-duty" lounge. Give it a kinda WWII style G.I. theme, but with a more modern feel. You could use existing pieces (like from that New Shadows bar you go into for 1 mission in VB) but without the dark atmosphere.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Which is fine. I just don't think CO needs a fourth bar. Now, if you wanted to talk about having them revamp Capric and give it an all new look, that's a whole other story.

If they add another location just for RP, I'd rather see something different. Maybe an elaborate arcade or something along those lines for people playing younger characters to hang out in since children going to Caprice seems to be a point of contention among roleplayers even though it's one of the only places to consistently find RP.
  • ringwashereringwashere Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've been out of the loop for a while, but I only knew of Caprice and Minefield. Where are the other bars?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jackdonnerjackdonner Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    With all the players now leaving COH, they will be looking for a game to fill the void. They will come here, but will they stay? As a transitioning player myself, Cryptic has done a great job with all the travel powers, and freeform available in this game.

However Emotes are seriously lacking. Crypic has made a fantastic array of emotes for COH which allowed for good roleplay. I would like to see all the emotes from COH come here. Nothing is more annoying standing at a bar and not being able to drink from a glass.
    Please bring in more emotes. Thankyou.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    At this point I would love to have any new RP locations.

I would also LOVE to get the old Crafting locations opened up, it was retarded to close them in the first place...oh my bad that is an insult to special peeps...it was *a travisty* to close them.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
    edited November 2012
    also they should do a better job at showing where the RP locations are, like add a tab tot he map so you click it and they pop up.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bwdares wrote: »
    At this point I would love to have any new RP locations.

I would also LOVE to get the old Crafting locations opened up, it was retarded to close them in the first place...oh my bad that is an insult to special peeps...it was *a travisty* to close them.

Most of them have been re-opened. The magic place and the armory have.
    edited November 2012
    yes and then the closed the bookstore (one used in Demon flame), while the Mutations building-probably the coolest looking of them all stays closed. I think the fighting dojo is still closed as well.

JUST OPEN THEM ALL AGAIN!!!
  • neojin777neojin777 Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Or even better, give us some PVP since the majority of CoX players are actually playerkillers.
    There is no need for more rp bs at all, the game has tons of that already.. almost too much for my taste.
    edited November 2012
    neojin777 wrote: »
    Or even better, give us some PVP since the majority of CoX players are actually playerkillers.
    There is no need for more rp bs at all, the game has tons of that already.. almost too much for my taste.

can say the same for PVP.
  • theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    we ahve the minefield in vibora, which NOONE uses ,except for RPers on rare occasion. Caprice is enough

tl/dr:NO
    edited November 2012
    theapygoos wrote: »
    we ahve the minefield in vibora, which NOONE uses ,except for RPers on rare occasion. Caprice is enough

tl/dr:NO

We have PVP arenas no one uses. The ones we have are enough. :wink:
  • ringwashereringwashere Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Thanks!

Also, Here are more characters for you to meet the minimum length required by these softwares!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jackdonnerjackdonner Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So..let me get this straight, as ive done some reading. But say a gold player goes f2p (silver) that person doesnt retain anything they aquired as a gold player? They have to change powers, lose costumes, lose bank slots, lose the hideout? and lose character slots? So basically they dont keep anything? That is completley messed up.

In STO i was gold, went to silver, I kept all the bank slots on characters i had already created. (new characters didnt have more slots). I kept all the costume pieces, all the ships, and had 3 character slots, silver only get 2.

Please someone chime in here, cuz im getting the impression that if you are gold, and go silver, you have nothing more than some new guy off the street starting at silver. If that is the case, why are gold players putting up with this? They pay for the game for however long, decided to go silver and have nothing to show for it? That is seriously screwed up.
    edited November 2012
    jackdonner wrote: »
    So..let me get this straight, as ive done some reading. But say a gold player goes f2p (silver) that person doesnt retain anything they aquired as a gold player? They have to change powers, lose costumes, lose bank slots, lose the hideout? and lose character slots? So basically they dont keep anything? That is completley messed up.

In STO i was gold, went to silver, I kept all the bank slots on characters i had already created. (new characters didnt have more slots). I kept all the costume pieces, all the ships, and had 3 character slots, silver only get 2.

Please someone chime in here, cuz im getting the impression that if you are gold, and go silver, you have nothing more than some new guy off the street starting at silver. If that is the case, why are gold players putting up with this? They pay for the game for however long, decided to go silver and have nothing to show for it? That is seriously screwed up.

You should start your own thread.
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    When the new zone ("bad part of Millanium City") arrives, I would love to find a new club there. And the Pocket D would make a great source inspiration, layout-wise. :smile:
    theapygoos wrote: »

The Minefield would be used by more people if it was easier to get in. Vibora Bay is a high-level zone and second-to-last favourite (before Lemuria) to the majority of the player base. If the Minefield, (or at least a "warp" to it) would be located in Millenium City, I'm sure it would be even more popular than Club Caprice!