test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is your best "Fusion" Attack?

theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,123 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
Basically, I am just curious as to find out what peoples experiences in team situations are.

So like either pre planned combo attacks with another player or inadvertant awesome dual pronged assault.

It can even be cool finishers on bosses or players.

Some of mine are:

- Gigabolting an enemy to death mid-lunge in Nemcon.

- Finishing Therakiel with 4 other players and charging and firing simultaneous Force Cascades.

- Using Roomsweeper to knockback a villain who was then blasted mid air by a Force Detonation.

What's yours?
Post edited by theravenforce on

Comments

• ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I remember doing a Zombie Apocalypse back before the WTK advantage for Explosive Arrow got nerfed.

I put several WTK's into a target just before another player (I think it was Funsocks with his grandfathered STR gear) knocked him from one end of the map to the other (perhaps a touch of exaggeration there..but the knock was HUGE) with a single charged hit.

The hapless character flew through the air with WTKs detonating one after the other while he was in the air.

Looked awesome.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I did use Roomsweeper followed by smg. Call it duckhunting.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    I did use Roomsweeper followed by smg. Call it duckhunting.

Heh I used to do Haymaker > Assault Rifle. Called it my Skeet Shootin' build.

Great minds!
    biffsig.jpg
  • underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    LoL, you guys too? My buddy and I used to take turns going Zombie Skeet Shootin' over in Canada. One of us with Roomsweeper and the other with his Sniper Rifle. Good times.:biggrin:

I recently had a duel that ended with pretty cool. I used Shatter right before getting killed by a big punch to the chest. Looked like I got hit so hard it knocked all the ice right off me. Bad part was I lost.:redface:
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My favorite combos:

1. All-time favorite harkens back to the "air juggle" of combat games like Mortal Kombat.
    a. Uppercut knockup
    b. Lunge up and attack while target is still going up
    c. Smack with Demolish as target hits the ground

2. Second favorite combo
    a. Massive knockback like Pillar of Poz
    b. Fully charged Eldritch Blast
    c. Hex of Suffering to keep them from coming back

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    One of my personal favorites is a "Boosted Lunge" I gave an enemy once. Enemy lunged at my team mate who was standing just behind me and before contact I fired off an Ego Surge empowered Force Detonation. Team mate was left clueless as to what just happened. :tongue:

Other fun ones:

"Twinkle in the Sky"
    Force Cascade fully charged followed by Force Detonation (enemies will leave targeting range)

"Rebound"
    Hit an enemy with a fully charged Force Eruption as soon as they make contact with a lunge. (Follow it up with a Force Detonation just for kicks)

"Mental Genocide"
    Stupid high DPS Pulse Beam partner + stupid high Ego + Rank 3 Mind Link empowered by Ego Surge rank 3.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • neojin777neojin777 Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My best team moment was in TT on elite, when i soloed every boss within 10 seconds (on my blade AT), leaving a big wtf moment for my sg / team mates.
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Another good one was during the early days of CO.

"Slingshot"
    Two or more people using the chain power that does "knock to" on the same enemy/player would send that entity flying through the air behind you.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • ventaniventani Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Roomsweeper, Force Snap, Force Detonation; Ping Pong.
    Against flying enemies: Uppercut, attack with NTTG, let them hit the ground then force snap them back up, then lunge them back into the ground.
    Lunge, Uppercut, Chain; Looks like you slam them into the ground with the chain, quite nifty.

Formerly Aeolwind
    Nothing witty, just angst.
    Primus Database of Characters
    40 Count = 6
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I knew in PvP if anyone knocks people far away, I would use Iron Lariat and pull them back towards us.

Of course Knock resist gets in the way and it doesn't work half the time, but when it does it's hilarious.
  • xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I like to Mighty Kick an enemy away, and Two Gun Mojo them as they're flying off. Action hero style.
    ventani wrote: »
    Lunge, Uppercut, Chain; Looks like you slam them into the ground with the chain, quite nifty.

Makes me think of Birdie from Street Fighter Alpha 3.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • thhunterofskullsthhunterofskulls Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Probably my favorite is with my melee toon Nemesis.

Rage Bomb: Vicious Descent followed up by Unleashed Rage at maximum power (8 stacks of Engrage). Having her crash-land in the middle of a huge group of Arena Guards during Nemcon, set off Unleashed Rage and then watch most if not all of them instantly get flattened by it just never gets old for me.
  • seiberkagenekoseiberkageneko Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have a power armor character, Beam Heavy, with the Orbital Laser with the Anvil of Dawn upgrade.

Using Concussor Beams and Eye Beams to cut down someons HP down to size, then use both those and the orbital laser at once. By the time the Orbital Laser is done, the body is gone. Complete Vaporization.
  • isometryisometry Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Imbue -> ebon rift -> ebon ruin, running enrage and shadowform, was one of my all time favorites for the way it could take most players from full health to zero in 3 seconds. The rift was undodgeable, and was a strong knock that scaled with strength, and it didn't consume imbue, so the fully charged ruin was also a guaranteed crit. Running that build on the day ebon ruin hit live was probably the most relatively overpowered I've been, being able to instantly see a player, toss them like a ragdoll and hit for guaranteed +15k raw damage.

I'm pretty happy with my current pvp combo, which is wtk, a quick chest beam, and a full charged cascade if the chest beam successfully knocked them. Not totally optimal, but +20k raw damage in about 5 seconds if everything crits, which is enough to defeat most builds with a little luck.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I haven't participated in a team combo move yet, but I was rather amused during one Nemesis Dockside Dustup where two melee toons were taking advantage of the moment that it takes KB Resist to kick in - they were playing volleyball over the truck, using the Nem as the ball... :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A couple of my faves:

"We're all Flyyyyyyying!" Roomsweeper a couple of goons that got in my face, hit Breakaway Shot right as they're flying away from me (and then optionally Gatling Gun any survivors from max distance.)

On my Brigade, I call one of my preferred combos "Insult to Injury": Fully charged force cascade followed up by a Force Geyser while they're flying away from you. It's the little finger snap that makes it perfect. :biggrin:

Then there was the poor mob that got stuck between me and another force user on opposite sides of him. Force geyser! Force snap from one guy! Force snap from the other guy! Force detonation!
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For some reason it happened quite frequently in AT PvP... you know, back when that was happening.

A behemoth would Uppercut someone into the air, just as I happened to be charging up a Rocket launcher attack at that same someone. So lifted up into the air then blown through the air like a ping pong ball. It was hilarious every single time.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • xanna31xanna31 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My move is called " Here comes the pain"... Implosion engine to group em up, follow by rocket launcher.
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Best Fusion so far was finishing off Infernal Blast just as the Hired Muscle had finished his lunge charge-up. He KO'd right at take off, flew right past me, and slammed face-first into the wall. I double-taked and had a good laugh at that.
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif