What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes for November 15, 2012

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited November 2012 in Release Notes
Release notes for November 15, 2012.

Vehicles - Prototype Hawkwings:
  • Prototype Hawkwings have had their speed increased.
  • Their boosts now last 10 seconds and increase speed by 70 (up from 15).

Costumes
  • We have restored the Bubble Helmet heads, Worm Head, and Floating Brain costume pieces.

Powers
  • Cylinder-based vehicle attack powers now deal damage within their intended area only.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The boost is good news, thank you.
  • Options
    terramorphterramorph Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Super, now we just need prison break finally fixed and I'm set.

Also, I had to create a new account for forum cause my old one wouldn't accept even my changed password. The christ.
  • Options
    sanmercisanmerci Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Agree with cyber- the boost *is* good news, and more than just because it reimburses players who were unjustly stripped of the benefits of items they had purchased (even if not perfectly, it still is a great deal better and more timely than anything I had come to expect over the last couple years), but also because it shows that you (meaning, yes, TT, but also the entire dev team) are listening to your players. This goes a long way to restoring my shaky faith in Cryptic. Good job.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Powers
    • Cylinder-based vehicle attack powers now deal damage within their intended area only.

Here's to hoping you fix this bug on normal character powers too sometime soon.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It is good that the devs or the company deciding to act on the feedback and uproar of the players. Just one question though, if TT could give us an upfront response. Is this an admission that the nerf to speed is hence excessive and not well considered or tested prior to implementation thus the need to now boost the speed or was the boost due to the uproar of the players and threats to seek legal reconciliation? I am glad that action is taken although I am not that overly cncerned with the jet speed having only owned one. I asked the 2 questions above because I am hoping that it will evoke some consideration of how the company implements changes and addressing issues.
  • Options
    lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It is good that the devs or the company deciding to act on the feedback and uproar of the players. Just one question though, if TT could give us an upfront response. Is this an admission that the nerf to speed is hence excessive and not well considered or tested prior to implementation thus the need to now boost the speed or was the boost due to the uproar of the players and threats to seek legal reconciliation? I am glad that action is taken although I am not that overly cncerned with the jet speed having only owned one. I asked the 2 questions above because I am hoping that it will invoke some consideration of how the company implements changes and addressing issues.

If you think the threats of legal action prompted this change, you certainly have not been here very long...

Those types of threats have been made, and much more intensely argued, over various issues pretty much since the game has launched. And they were as ridiculous then as they are now...

:rolleyes:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    lokikin wrote: »
    If you think the threats of legal action prompted this change, you certainly have not been here very long...

Those types of threats have been made, and much more intensely argued, over various issues pretty much since the game has launched. And they were as ridiculous then as they are now...

:rolleyes:

The post was not to solicit a response unless you are a spokesperson for CO or PW.
  • Options
    lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The post was not to solicit a response unless you are a spokesperson for CO or PW.

Welcome to public forums...

I would suggest PMs if you want a private conversation...
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    nyxthysnyxthys Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Release notes for November 15, 2012.

Vehicles - Prototype Hawkwings:
    • Prototype Hawkwings have had their speed increased.
    • Their boosts now last 10 seconds and increase speed by 70 (up from 15).

Thank you for listening to the community and moderating this change to be a better compromise.
  • Options
    andromeda9899andromeda9899 Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hello trailturtle,
    I would like to inform that there is an error with the power name Nanobot Swarm. It is stated on the power that it will reduce recharge time of a power by 17 seconds but the actual effect is only reduced by 14 seconds. It is having the similar problem with rank 2 and rank 3.
    I have sent ticket but no respond yet.
  • Options
    serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can confirm the above as well, i think it has problems with cooldown reduction, as on one character it was about as described above, on another with a lot of cooldown reduction nanobot swarm was only reducing cooldown by about half the listed values (checked at all 3 ranks)
  • Options
    xanna31xanna31 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yay!! My worm head is back!!
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i hope the antenna are back as well, that rampaging brain suit has caused nothing but havoc this last week
  • Options
    rapierwhiprapierwhip Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Notice that the superconductor chest for females (among other costume items that need to be fixed) got no love.

The Forumite formerly known as Galeforce.

If you want my money, there is a fairly simple way to get it since I am fairly free with how I spend it. First, produce something I consider to be worth buying. Second, offer it up for sale. Don't lock it behind a gambling scam. If I want something, I am perfectly happy to pay for it. But I will not purchase a CHANCE to get it, When I pay money, I have a perfectly logical right to expect to get what I want.
  • Options
    squeeepsqueeep Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hello trailturtle,
    I would like to inform that there is an error with the power name Nanobot Swarm. It is stated on the power that it will reduce recharge time of a power by 17 seconds but the actual effect is only reduced by 14 seconds. It is having the similar problem with rank 2 and rank 3.
    I have sent ticket but no respond yet.

The interaction with cool-down reduction is the cause of this. Word is that its a non-trivial fix, but here I am still holding my breath. Haha.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Interrupts still break IDF and Mental Disicipline Forms

The aforementioned needs a fix pls! ((Especially with new Telepathy coming in :eek:))
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    is Bunker Buster still bugged? I hate to go try it out again because the bug appears right in the end... When your nemesis' health goes to 0, your nemesis does nothing but stands there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just want to thank you, TT, for your efforts.

I think with the latest fix, the overall value of the prototypes for the early adopters is reasonable.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    droopy antenna still missing
    huge alien helmets/custom head wear accessory/ droopy antenna
    huge alien helmets/custom head wear accessory/ dual droopy antenna
    huge humanoid helmets/custom head wear accessory/ droopy antenna
    huge humanoid helmets/custom head wear accessory/ dual droopy antenna
    huge rigid helmets/custom head wear accessory/ droopy antenna
    huge rigid helmets/custom head wear accessory/ dual droopy antenna
    choice exists part is missing

pets cannot be unsummoned

side note trail is awesome within 2 min of the last patch he took vizzone and i's report to the devs, we didnt know about the antenna at the time
  • Options
    misterjustmisterjust Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The Pulp Rockabilly Rolls hairstyle is still broken too. Did the Luther Black fight in Demonflame ever get fixed?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nighthawk hood seems to be missing from the "extra" categories that it was previously available it, (like collars)... I submitted a bug report for this.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    [*]Cylinder-based vehicle attack powers now deal damage within their intended area only.

And the same bug for actual characters is still here.....
  • Options
    danielpenfolddanielpenfold Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is good to hear i think :)
    I'm so happy :D
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Then I'm afraid you won't be getting a response to that, Cryptic have made it quite clear in the past that they don't respond to anything involving legal threats on the forums either in the positive or the negative.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Then I'm afraid you won't be getting a response to that, Cryptic have made it quite clear in the past that they don't respond to anything involving legal threats on the forums either in the positive or the negative.

I am not expecting a response really. It was just meant for forum readers as well as devs/spokesperson/management to consider what this course of action is basically reflecting.

I am all glad for everyone that they are improving the prototypes. I am sure many of those who complained are now appeased.

However, either of the conclusions which I can draw is not good.

Either the initial "nerf" or change was poorly implemented and not even tested (in PTS) except a couple of hours before it was rolled out or they are reverting because of legal threats. Both reflects badly and my take is that such occurrences should be minimal.

Remember the post-live nerf on the backup devices? If players, and enough of them, had to pay for these, I am sure an equal uproar would have taken place. Now there are people calling for nerfs of the legacy devices. Many have spent money buying keys etc to get some of these devices and bounded them to character. Now, imagine a post-live nerf.

As I pointed out, the post is meant to evoke our awareness and attention to this and hence I do not really need a response.
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    About this patch, did you guys somehow "fixed" the Nighthawk hood being available for beast heads?? I loved being able to use that hood with my beast/monster heads :c

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    xanna31xanna31 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nothing o nthe nemesis creator bug where you can't see the henchmen??
  • Options
    wacky99wacky99 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The "Favour of the Champions" XP device is not bound to a single player any more. Now it is indeed a favour.

Stuffy on the old CO forums. PWE ate my username.