test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Collective Will

doll1989doll1989 Posts: 124 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Power Discussion
As I know, if target is controlled, collective will will summon more then 1 entity. But what powers considered to be control powers? And is there a best choice to trigger those additional entities? Fast and easy? And so it will work on bigger nemys aswell? Like Alert bosses or something like that?
Post edited by doll1989 on

Comments

• Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    doll1989 wrote: »
    As I know, if target is controlled, collective will will summon more then 1 entity. But what powers considered to be control powers? And is there a best choice to trigger those additional entities? Fast and easy? And so it will work on bigger nemys aswell? Like Alert bosses or something like that?

From my memory it does not work with Soul Mesmerism or any non-telepath hold.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    gamehobo wrote: »
    From my memory it does not work with Soul Mesmerism or any non-telepath hold.

I suppose using holds won't work on alert bosses? Or will it still count if I will use hold but it won't work? For example ego choke or ego storm? It won't hold boss, but will it still "trigger" that held on boss, allowing collective will to activate at full power? Or target must be held, not just attempted to be held?
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Umm.. I remember confuse proccing multiple Wills back in the day. But I dont even think they "debuff proc" is being counted on the villain anymore. They are fully immune to them (even the 10% debuff)

This is something I hope will be addressed in the crowd control review.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,072 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I suppose using holds won't work on alert bosses? Or will it still count if I will use hold but it won't work? For example ego choke or ego storm? It won't hold boss, but will it still "trigger" that held on boss, allowing collective will to activate at full power? Or target must be held, not just attempted to be held?

Target must be held using a telepathic hold, for example Ego Sleep.

Seeing as bosses are rarely affected by such holds unless you are using Manipulator Form @ 8 stacks, it is very difficult to summon more than 1 Collective Will Entity.
  • Options
    cvx911cvx911 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ego Storm followed by Collective Will when needed during that three second window at the AOE end used to be a very popular combo.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    cvx911 wrote: »
    Ego Storm followed by Collective Will when needed during that three second window at the AOE end used to be a very popular combo.

True before thanks to *insert certain group of people* it got broken T_T
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    So, I suppose it is not possible to summon more then 1 when fighting bosses? Because even if somehow I will manage to CC them, someone will for sure break it before I will cast collective will... I just hoped that it works the way that after target was/was attempted to be controlled there is some sort of a period of time when more then 1 can be summoned, but if target must be controlled while casting collective will, I guess it's a waste of time trying to controlling target first.

Thank you all for answering.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    So, I suppose it is not possible to summon more then 1 when fighting bosses? Because even if somehow I will manage to CC them, someone will for sure break it before I will cast collective will... I just hoped that it works the way that after target was/was attempted to be controlled there is some sort of a period of time when more then 1 can be summoned, but if target must be controlled while casting collective will, I guess it's a waste of time trying to controlling target first.

Thank you all for answering.

Basically and sadly yes.

It is doable when soloing, however, but as many many people already know, it is quicker to just quick kill than hold, summon etc..

Hopefully soon this will change.