test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Having problems with DirectX 11

jeffometerjeffometer Posts: 14 Arc User
edited November 2012 in PC & Technical Issues
Hey all, hopefully someone can help me. I've got a Radeon HD 6850 and I want to run the game with the directX 11 drivers, but the only option I have is to use the Beta ones under the Troubleshooting tab in the Video settings. When I DO enable them and restart the game, my graphics go completely wonky. Everything is fuzzy, I have some weird alignment issue where my mouse doesn't line up with what i'm trying to highlight, and I can't seem to set my screen resolution to Full Screen or higher than like 1440x400 or something weird like that.

Does anyone have any idea what I need to do to get this to work right? Thanks in advance.
Post edited by jeffometer on

Comments

• itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Directx 11 mode is unpredictable and often takes away more than it gives (glitchy lighting makes textures go pitch black is one example.)

Try lowering the settings to the bare minimum and raising them one by one. Disabling MSAA may also be a good idea.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • jeffometerjeffometer Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'll give that a try, thanks!
  • jeffometerjeffometer Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I tried lowering everything and taking MSAA off - still no luck. The main problem seems to be that when I select anything other than Windows Maximized Mode at whatever default resolution it gives me, the mouse starts acting bizzare. I have to aim about an inch below and to the side of whatever I want to click on. Needless to say that makes it impossible to play, really. I guess i'll just have to give up and go back to DirectX9.