test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

100 Dodge and 80+ Avoidance

xvoltakxxvoltakx Posts: 28 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Builds and Roles
Hello fellow build enthusiasts,

I am looking to reach Utopia lvl of Dodge, and I know it's possible. I don't know how to do it.

I am currently running a single blade / LR build with a 2nd build option running WoTW for bigger DPS.

I am able to reach now, using Evasive Maneuvers, 77 Dodge and 76 avoidance on the LR build.

Please guide me on reaching 100+ Dodge and very high avoidance so when I get to 40 I know how to do it.

There are Quarry builds able to reach this number and LR builds.

Without using any Unarmed attacks, how do I do this? Also, I am obtaining Heroic Gear for this toon with my other 40s so he will be decked out when he gets there to lvl 40.
Post edited by xvoltakx on

Comments

• jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i think you can only get 100% dodge while using masterful dodge.
    not as a static stat.
    dodge suffers from the same limited returns as everything else after 50%
    avoidance can stack high the best ive gotten was 83%
    legion dodge gear with 2 rank 4 avoidance cores
  • ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Base Dodge is 10%
    Base Avoidance is 20%

153 dodge grants 42.5%
    139 avoidance grants 58.7%

*XX% dodge grants 13.4%
    21% avoidance grants 31.4%

153+XX% dodge grants 44.4%
    139+21% avoidance grants 61.9%

292 dodge grants 54.5%
    241 avoidance grants 69.5%

292+XX% dodge grants 57.9%
    241+21% avoidance grants 71.3%

All of the number above had on either heroic gear of elusiveness or heroic gear of agility(or no gear)

306 dodge grants 55.3%
    102 Avoidance grants 52.5%

306+XX% dodge grants 57.2%
    102+21% avoidance grants 56.8%
    *102+21% Avoidance & 0+XX% dodge grants 12.2% dodge chance

*Apparently...Avoidance decreases dodge chance SLIGHTLY...for whatever reason.. This becomes extremely apparent when I removed the rank 2 mod from the blue gear and compared the two separate numbers

All numbers are for level 40(Except base)

Here, let me slap this in here now

Rank 3 LR(455) + 153 Dodge grants 66.4%
    Rank 3 LR(455) + 153 Dodge +XX% grants 67%

Rank 3 LR(455+50%) + 256 Avoidance grants 87%
    Rank 3 LR(455+50%) + 256 Avoidance +21% grants 87.4%
    Those are just idling numbers..

More to come once PTS patches..

Rank 3 LR(470) + 306 Dodge grants 69.6%
    Rank 3 LR(470) + 306 Dodge +XX% grants 70.3%

Rank 3 LR(470+50%) + 139 Avoidance grants 85.4%
    Rank 3 LR(470+50%) + 139 Avoidance +21% grants 85.9%
    Rank 3 LR(470+50%) + 369 Avoidance grants 88.6%
    Rank 3 LR(470+50%) + 369 Avoidance +21% grants 88.9%
    Rank 3 LR(470+50%) + Rank 1 MD(87%) + 369 Avoidance grants 89.7%
    Rank 3 LR(470+50%) + Rank 3 MD(126%) + 369 Avoidance +21% grants 90.2%

The XX% is from swinging's Flippin' advantage...which shows the exact % that it increases it by unlike the avoidance buff which shows just the percent it increases it by..I do not have the patience to go back and get the correct numbers so enjoy the XX%!

88.9% Avoidance + 19% Defense
    [Combat (Self)] You lose 16 (188) Fire Damage from Red Beam.
    [Combat (Self)] You lose 32 (375) Fire Damage from an unknown ability.
    [Combat (Self)] You lose 65 (750) Fire Damage from an unknown ability.
    [Combat (Self)] You lose 129 (1500) Fire Damage from Blue Beam.

90.2% Avoidance + 19% Defense
    [Combat (Self)] You lose 14 (188) Fire Damage from Red Beam.
    [Combat (Self)] You lose 28 (375) Fire Damage from Yellow Beam.
    [Combat (Self)] You lose 57 (750) Fire Damage from Green Beam.
    [Combat (Self)] You lose 113 (1500) Fire Damage from Blue Beam.
    [Combat (Self)] Mega-Destroid Terminator deals 2026 (20776) Particle Damage to you with Eye Beams.
  • xvoltakxxvoltakx Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thank you very much.

In order to get the following number you posted--

How do I get that number? Using LR R3, plus Evasive manvrs, r3, and what else? What route int he spec tree? What SS's ? And is that also including Swing (which I have no interest in taking) ?
    edited November 2012
    xvoltakx wrote: »
    Thank you very much.

In order to get the following number you posted--

How do I get that number? Using LR R3, plus Evasive manvrs, r3, and what else? What route int he spec tree? What SS's ? And is that also including Swing (which I have no interest in taking) ?

Rank 3 LR(For me) is 470 dodge, 470 Avoidance, + 50% avoidance(and then the 430ish% dot resistance)
    I only use swinging with flippin' to get the +XX% Dodge, +21% Avoidance
    The 306 Dodge was from two rank 9 gambler's in my legion breastplate of agility
    The 139 avoidance comes from legion breastplate of agility

Stats and spec tree need not apply since I did not invest any points into the spec tree nor does any of my stats(except the fact that it raises LR's numbers based on how high my superstats are but I posted what my LR's numbers are so it doesn't matter) increase dodge/avoidance directly

So all my numbers are from gear and power selection only, meaning that you can idle with those numbers and have any super stats you choose and you may increase the numbers yourself by investing into the spec tree if you so choose to.
    edited November 2012
    There is a Spec tree available to increase your dodge significantly. Is that Intel? Also, Quarry is another way of have very high Dodge numbers, and some pvp'ers use it to get some absurdly high dodge numbers. All I know about this is that Int, again, feeds dodge into Quarry.
    edited November 2012
    All int does to quarry is increase the Int and Ego that Audacity gives per stack. Audacity can only give a max of 9% avoidance rating per stack.

The spec tree has a few outlets for increasing your dodge and avoidance chance but these are minor and stacking them without any gear or passive base will yield low-end results.

LR was made for dodge and avoidance but one does not need it in order to get 'good' dodge and avoidance numbers, gear can give you wonderful solutions to your dodge/avoidance problems! (Heroic/Legion breastplate of Agility is the 'best' in terms of dodge/avoidance numbers but one does not need legion to get great results)

One of these days I may make myself a Revitalize-PA-LR-MD-Eruption spamming biomass of fun...maybe...immortality isn't really my taste.
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Great information Ayonachan!
    edited November 2012
    ayonachan wrote: »
    Rank 3 LR(For me) is 470 dodge, 470 Avoidance, + 50% avoidance(and then the 430ish% dot resistance)
    I only use swinging with flippin' to get the +XX% Dodge, +21% Avoidance
    The 306 Dodge was from two rank 9 gambler's in my legion breastplate of agility
    The 139 avoidance comes from legion breastplate of agility

Stats and spec tree need not apply since I did not invest any points into the spec tree nor does any of my stats(except the fact that it raises LR's numbers based on how high my superstats are but I posted what my LR's numbers are so it doesn't matter) increase dodge/avoidance directly

So all my numbers are from gear and power selection only, meaning that you can idle with those numbers and have any super stats you choose and you may increase the numbers yourself by investing into the spec tree if you so choose to.
    All int does to quarry is increase the Int and Ego that Audacity gives per stack. Audacity can only give a max of 9% avoidance rating per stack.

The spec tree has a few outlets for increasing your dodge and avoidance chance but these are minor and stacking them without any gear or passive base will yield low-end results.

LR was made for dodge and avoidance but one does not need it in order to get 'good' dodge and avoidance numbers, gear can give you wonderful solutions to your dodge/avoidance problems! (Heroic/Legion breastplate of Agility is the 'best' in terms of dodge/avoidance numbers but one does not need legion to get great results)

One of these days I may make myself a Revitalize-PA-LR-MD-Eruption spamming biomass of fun...maybe...immortality isn't really my taste.

I am fairly certain you don't know in-game, maybe I'm wrong. A PA with LR very hard to die, and it is a build to lvl up 1-40 is exactly what I was looking for, and I also want him to have, when 40, the best dodge/avoidance I can get for him.

There is a pvp'er in my SG who has or claims to have 100 doge in his build, using quarry. I will leave it at that.

But I want to go the LR way, which seems to be the simplest way for me and the most straight forward.

I do plan to have Heroic Agility, in fact, I am already saving for it with my other 40s.
    edited November 2012
    (Link to this build)

A little build I tossed together in like 5 mins....Anyway, the last slot is for your passive use w/e you want. Grab 2-3 Eruption devices and 1 Psionic Accelerator device along with 1 Omicron Induced Strength device.

I'll leave you to ponder the type of gear you need and what kind of combination to use with the powers given...Good luck! :*

Btw, as long as you keep attacking and following a 'certain' power routine and take certain precautions during the fights you will be near immortal...Various factors(mostly human error) will cause you to drop into the mortal realm..

On paper you are PvE and PvP viable(except you lack a block breaker other than holds and knocks but you can nickle and dime almost everything to death...Alert Baron's reflect block will be a challenge unless someone on your team has CC)

Anyway, Enjoy the build I have provided..or not..I won't mind it either way.
    edited November 2012
    (Link to this build)

A little build I tossed together in like 5 mins....Anyway, the last slot is for your passive use w/e you want. Grab 2-3 Eruption devices and 1 Psionic Accelerator device along with 1 Omicron Induced Strength device.

I'll leave you to ponder the type of gear you need and what kind of combination to use with the powers given...Good luck! :*

Btw, as long as you keep attacking and following a 'certain' power routine and take certain precautions during the fights you will be near immortal...Various factors(mostly human error) will cause you to drop into the mortal realm..

On paper you are PvE and PvP viable(except you lack a block breaker other than holds and knocks but you can nickle and dime almost everything to death...Alert Baron's reflect block will be a challenge unless someone on your team has CC)

Anyo, this is SUPERB SUPERB !!

I can't wait to hit the Powerhouse. I am eager to see the numbers. Anyochan, I will be wearing Silver gear, especially agility for the avoidance. Do you think that's all right?

The real question is LR or Quarry. But i am thinking for max dodge and avoidance, LR. So, how did I do? Would you do LR ?
    edited November 2012
    (Link to this build)

i wonder how long this will take to get nerfed, unlimited immunity from damage lol, enjoy it while it lasts
    edited November 2012
    Anyo, this is SUPERB SUPERB !!

I can't wait to hit the Powerhouse. I am eager to see the numbers. Anyochan, I will be wearing Silver gear, especially agility for the avoidance. Do you think that's all right?

The real question is LR or Quarry. But i am thinking for max dodge and avoidance, LR. So, how did I do? Would you do LR ?
    Quarry has a int/ego cap of 30 per stack and LR is wonderful and all but it lacks any true motive. But I am a defense passive nut so I'd slap on LR over Quarry any day.
    jasinblaze wrote: »
    i wonder how long this will take to get nerfed, unlimited immunity from damage lol, enjoy it while it lasts

I'm hoping enough people abuse it so that they FINALLY take out revitalize along with the over-nerf of the legacy devices. Over-nerfing things may be a worry but it is better than keeping said things in the game. Then again the only true problem with revitalize is that it procs off of Automated Assault so if they change that then you won't have to nerf revitalize.
    edited November 2012
    might be awhile, only a few of us have enough of them to do this at this point. ive had 6 of that device, but i handicap my builds to a theme, so i just put 1 on each of my earth toons and sold the rest. It's kind of funny watching the prices drop and fall on these devices as people realise what they can do. althought the first time i saw eruption i knew what it could do. but i do think the prices seem to be influenced by the forum posts. which is good for me since i will sell any more i get.
  • tangent90tangent90 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Base Dodge is 10%
    Base Avoidance is 20%

153 dodge grants 42.5%
    139 avoidance grants 58.7%

Could you tell me where the calculations for stats like Dodge and Avoidance are documented?

Also, is there some way to display actual values of stats like Crowd Control Resistance and Strength in game? City of Heroes has a window that displays nearly all the active values in the game, and I was wondering if there was anything like that (or at least a slash command that displays a stat value).
    edited November 2012
    tangent90 wrote: »
    Could you tell me where the calculations for stats like Dodge and Avoidance are documented?

Also, is there some way to display actual values of stats like Crowd Control Resistance and Strength in game? City of Heroes has a window that displays nearly all the active values in the game, and I was wondering if there was anything like that (or at least a slash command that displays a stat value).

As far as I know the only way to tell what a stat/item/etc gives is to look at your character sheet or drag/ctrl+lmb the item/power/device/etc into your chat window and linking it to chat then looking at it from there.

The two things you quoted can be found on the character sheet.

153 Dodge chance is from a rank 9 Gambler's Lucky Gem Core Mod
    139 Avoidance is from the "of Agility" tag for avoidance gear(in this case Legion/Heroic defense gear)

Base dodge and avoidance can be found by not having anything active that can increase your dodge/avoidance (Passives, gear, powers, devices, etc)
  • tangent90tangent90 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As far as I know the only way to tell what a stat/item/etc gives is to look at your character sheet or drag/ctrl+lmb the item/power/device/etc into your chat window and linking it to chat then looking at it from there.

The two things you quoted can be found on the character sheet.

153 Dodge chance is from a rank 9 Gambler's Lucky Gem Core Mod
    139 Avoidance is from the "of Agility" tag for avoidance gear(in this case Legion/Heroic defense gear)

Base dodge and avoidance can be found by not having anything active that can increase your dodge/avoidance (Passives, gear, powers, devices, etc)

Thanks for your response. I realized I could find that information through looking at the stats window, equipment popups and experimentation, but I was wondering if there was a writeup that explained how everything works because of the tabular format you displayed those numbers in. I take it that you arrived at that information through plain hard work.
    edited November 2012
    tangent90 wrote: »
    Thanks for your response. I realized I could find that information through looking at the stats window, equipment popups and experimentation, but I was wondering if there was a writeup that explained how everything works because of the tabular format you displayed those numbers in. I take it that you arrived at that information through plain hard work.

If one would call that hard work...I just copied a character over to pts who had all the materials for testing but did not want to waste the resources on live. So I'd call it cheap more than hard work...anyway! people have tried to figure out how dodge and avoidance (mainly just the avoidance part) was calculated.

From what I can tell avoidance mods are pretty much just a copy and paste of dodge mods...And for some strange reason having one/two makes your dodge chance lower...So one can assume that in the formula there is some relation to the two(other than the fact that dodge is the catalyst for the mitigation known as avoidance).

I said nothing important so don't read the above!
    edited November 2012
    (Link to this build)

Because of the nerf, would you still keep Imbue? Or time to change?
    edited November 2012
    Because of the nerf, would you still keep Imbue? Or time to change?

Swap it out for Sonic Device Rank 2 & Deafening Dissolution
    edited November 2012
    Will do. It was either that or Lock and load /'Ego surge combo