test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Don't You Like About Reloaded?

xgcoxgco Posts: 95 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
Yup - I'm going there.

Somehow this whole patch just rubs me the wrong way, not that there is inherently anything wrong with it (at least what I can see from playing) but it just gives me this vibe, this vibe that we've entered a new direction. I'm just not sure if I can follow it this time.

A quick search on the forums using the word "vehicles" and starting at a year ago as my search time frame leads me to believe that vehicles were wanted by lots of us, so in that respect we are to blame for vehicles becoming a reality. I believe that they wanted to help our dreams become a reality, but the implementation is just wrong.

You can't earn vehicles ingame through any means, you have to buy them. In fact this is the second wave of vehicles (Nighthawk was the first) so they have big plans for these vehicles and now we have a new mission optimized for vehicles. They want us to use vehicles, but they want us to buy them not earn them in any fashion. I'd be fine with vehicles if they were just another gimmicky thing I could maybe earn ingame, but I can't and having to buy them puts the game closer into dangerous P2W territory. That being said I'm not saying that vehicles are OP, but what's to stop them from becoming that way down the road?

A costume set doesn't alter your powers in anyway.
A hideout is barely worth the data it is comprised of.
Archetypes aren't going to break the game, not when a Freeform option is available.

Lastly, we have a new lockbox available to us which contains new vehicle mods, which is apparently the only way they could let us customize vehicles. Unfortunely you can't open the lockbox without a cosmic key of power. More and more stuff is being locked away, making us gamble for a chance at it and it makes me sad.

This quote also makes me sad:
That hasn't been decided yet, but given that lock boxes are very successful at making money, it's a reasonable guess.

I would gladly throw money/questionite/zen at you Cryptic/PW for all the costume sets and AT in the game because I know what I'm buying. I even bought the stupid adventure packs because I wanted to help you stay afloat. I will not gamble for something you think I want.

TLDR Version: This new update gave us new lockboxes and poorly implented vehicle system. A new mission that is also kind of clumsy and a feeling that lockboxes are in our future indefinitely. What do you dislike about the latest major patch?

Listen to the kitten, please say no to lockboxes. Speak with your dollars and put a stop to this plague.
Post edited by xgco on

Comments

• twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They didn't tailor the game around me!

I'll quit immediately after my hundredth alt hits level 40 over this, I will!
    Lockboxes. More and more lockboxes. Can't throw a cat without hitting a damn lockbox.

And everything new is locked behind a pay wall. No - WORSE than a pay wall - most of it is locked behind a GAMBLE WALL.

FAIL.

FAIL.

FAIL.

I'm just going to ignore this entire update as much as possible. I won't spend a single dime on keys or vehicles. And I'm not going to play the new UNTIL mission. Forget it. If there is no way to earn the stuff in-game, then to hell with it.

And I'm destroying any lockbox I come across as long as I can even stomach getting the drops before the disgust forces me to log out.
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lack of vehicle coloration.
    Gimping of Prototype Jets.
    Further pushing of Lockboxes.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think the worst thing about this update is all the people angsting so loudly all over the forums and Zone Chat, as if the mere fact that someone else is using a vehicle somehow disrupts their own game play.

I don't have a vehicle. I don't feel the loss. Happifun ran the Sky Carrier mission just fine without a vehicle; Detroit Iron blew through everything in the Desert Crisis without a vehicle. Later, some of my other toons will probably do things without vehicles, too, in exactly the same fashion they would have done them last week.

(The second-worst thing, of course, is that if I did for some sanity-forsaken reason buy a vehicle, I can't recolor it...)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • wacky99wacky99 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jonsills wrote: »

I don't have a vehicle. I don't feel the loss. Happifun ran the Sky Carrier mission just fine without a vehicle

I just completed it using one of those hoverdisc things on the carrier. It just reminded me of Green Goblin. Except for the Gatling Gun and other miscellaneous shootin' irons.

Stuffy on the old CO forums. PWE ate my username.
  • squeeepsqueeep Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lairs have been forgotten.
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    still didnt fix the lifting bug...I really like lifting stuff, its why i have so many str primaried characters, this kind of voids the point.
  • man515drakeman515drake Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I dislike that the vehicles are more combat oriented than travel oriented why this happened I have no clue.

I wish you could travel between zones with a vehicle I mean what's the point in having a plane if I can't fly to Canada.

I dislike the idea of superheroes in tanks.

I dislike the way grav bikes have been held back it seems to be a case of holding them back so people who want them will buy a tank or a plane then make them shell out for a bike later rather than letting them get a bike now. It just seems to be about making money not giving players a choice. Don't say it's because they aren't finished as I have tried them on the PTS and they are every bit as finished as the planes and tanks.

I dislike the treatment of people who bought the prototype jets they were promised they would get something good for buying the early version instead they get something nerfed instead. I understand about the speed thing but they now seem worse than the low level vehicles. Once again it seem Cryptic don't want people to be happy with what they have and to insure they buy the latest one.

I hate that these new vehicles have the best versions hidden behind lock boxes in fact I hate the lock box concept.

I wish they had allowed some form of external customisation for vehicles but hearing TT saying the dev team is not big enough to do the work that would entail leaves me with no hope for new zones or levelling paths.

Cryptic and PWE just seem to be trying to make the maximum profit while giving the least to the players. We seem to keep buying their latest shinys hoping that these funds will be used to increase the dev team so we can get the bugs fixed and new zones and levelling paths we crave instead we get more small shiny things in lock boxes.

I love this game and I am still gold but since I have been here we have went from AP to being promised regular comic series. We got three and that was that then we get a small levelling path in VB pre apocalypse. Then we get Alerts short missions most of which even use pre existing maps and villains you can't tell me they took a lot of work.
    Now we get to the next big release and what does Reloaded bring vehicles an alert and thankfully some powers being fixed. The last new zone was years ago and the last new power set was heavy weapons. Okay they have went over old power sets and improved them and added some cool new powers.

They just seem to be taking our money and not giving back.

This is all just my opinion and I will stand corrected if I'm proved wrong and will be pleasantly surprised but you won't catch me holding my breath.

I hate ranting and apologize for it I just feel let down but that's just me.
    xgco wrote: »
    You can't earn vehicles ingame through any means, you have to buy them.

Um, you do realize you can earn Questionite in game, and buy Zen off the Questionite exchange with it - and in that way, earn enough Zen to purchase a vehicle you want from the C-Store, right?

I'd say that equals one wau tp earn a vihicle using 'in game' means.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    Armsman-KConniesig-Original0454.jpg
    PWE Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    rianfrost wrote: »
    still didnt fix the lifting bug...I really like lifting stuff, its why i have so many str primaried characters, this kind of voids the point.

Even with my low strength characters i like lifting and throwing things! And my friends and i always try and come up with bad one-liners every time too!
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    twg042370 wrote: »
    They didn't tailor the game around me!

Funny thing is, the entire player base could be saying this collectively. So if the game isn't being tailored to the people paying for its continued existence, who is it being tailored to?

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
    edited November 2012
    I think the worst thing about this update is all the people angsting so loudly all over the forums and Zone Chat, as if the mere fact that someone else is using a vehicle somehow disrupts their own game play.

I don't have a vehicle. I don't feel the loss. Happifun ran the Sky Carrier mission just fine without a vehicle; Detroit Iron blew through everything in the Desert Crisis without a vehicle. Later, some of my other toons will probably do things without vehicles, too, in exactly the same fashion they would have done them last week.

(The second-worst thing, of course, is that if I did for some sanity-forsaken reason buy a vehicle, I can't recolor it...)

So what you're saying is, this is still the easiest MMO on the market?

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    smoochan wrote: »
    So what you're saying is, this is still the easiest MMO on the market?
    Pretty much, yeah. Why, is that a bad thing?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Hello Kitty Online is more complicated than this game.* Just thought I'd put that out there.

* - Yes I know this through having actually sat down and logged onto it. No, I don't play it, my son does. It was his mother's doing, don't judge.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Worse things for me

1) changed lockboxes - no more legion gear, have no interest in vehicles

2) until carrier defence should be a rampage and reward q, its much better than suckitar. Bradley has a mission for it that gives 700q but it isnt even a daily as it didnt refresh at day change - just a 1 off!

3) vehicle mod drops now drop half the time instead of normal mod drops - i have no interest in vehicles and now their addition is reducing the loot i used to get that i do want!

4) The 1 good thing in the update, the hover disc device they wont let me get! Here ill throw money at you for that and ONLY that!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Likewise, I would only want the hover disk.
    I was saving money for a lifetime sub, but I think I'll stick with silver.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ahem.
    • Absurd pricing for vehicles
    • "Until Sky Command" being aimed mainly to those with vehicles and not being level locked, whicnh means level 6s can get in.
    • Content edging towards vehicles and not regular players.
    • No means of getting vehicles in game without using Zen
    • No vehicle appearance customization.
    • Best vehicles are ones you need to gamble for.
    • Return of Lockboxes.

And that sums it up for what I do not like about "Reloaded"
    edited November 2012
    Return of the dissapearing heads bug this time it's my male brain and worm head characters and droopy antenna that are gone and they still havent returned the antenna for female characters from the nighthawk bug!

Vehicle mods filling up my drops and inventory. Even if i want them (only one of my characters uses a vehicle or will use one unless they make a retro scifi vehicle) i dont want half my mod drops made of them.

No increase of bank slots, bags etc. How are silvers suppossed to use these mods when i as a gold have barely any room to carry the hero mods let alone the vehicle ones.

Vehicles are too monotonous. At least they should have one alterable colour and an emblem spot.

Vehicle designs look too military and not enough heroic. Heroes don't often use camoflage on their vehicles, they have their emblem on them and have vehicles in the same colour as their costumes.

Sky Carrier mission gives no time to talk to other players to coordinate and work as a team. More instructions or some time to do some quick strategising before everything kiicks off would make it a lot better.

Lock boxes. Hey i don't mind grinding for questionite or recognition because i know each mission is not wasted, it always moves me closer to the goal, but lock boxes don't work like that and so i don't like them.
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Return of the dissapearing heads bug this time it's my male brain and worm head characters and droopy antenna that are gone and they still havent returned the antenna for female characters from the nighthawk bug!

Vehicle mods filling up my drops and inventory. Even if i want them (only one of my characters uses a vehicle or will use one unless they make a retro scifi vehicle) i dont want half my mod drops made of them.

No increase of bank slots, bags etc. How are silvers suppossed to use these mods when i as a gold have barely any room to carry the hero mods let alone the vehicle ones.

Vehicles are too monotonous. At least they should have one alterable colour and an emblem spot.

Vehicle designs look too military and not enough heroic. Heroes don't often use camoflage on their vehicles, they have their emblem on them and have vehicles in the same colour as their costumes.

Sky Carrier mission gives no time to talk to other players to coordinate and work as a team. More instructions or some time to do some quick strategising before everything kiicks off would make it a lot better.

Lock boxes. Hey i don't mind grinding for questionite or recognition because i know each mission is not wasted, it always moves me closer to the goal, but lock boxes don't work like that and so i don't like them.

Pretty much all this, but especially the highlighted part.
    I've always disliked that about the lockboxes. I can understand games of chance and whatnot, but considering that they've already made acquiring even basic vehicles a convoluted mess, this just adds insult to injury. I'm a much bigger fan of earning the stuff I want. And personally, I don't always have the cash to be throwing away at a game to get these kinds of items, so really, I am starting to feel that the nicer things in the game are really only going to be for those that can afford them.
    Also, I hadn't personally noticed yet, but they de-powered the Prototype Hawkwings? How is that, in any way, a reward for "early adopters"? The fact that they have more weapons than the average vehicle? That's kinda not really a 'reward'.
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What I don't like:
    • Futher increased on vehicles, which would be ok except it's heading even more where I was afraid it was heading, now a whole new set of Mods you have to deal with and farm. And I'm afraid it's only a matter of time until these "vehicle mods" will create freakishly overpower vehicles that eclipse the actual superheroes own power -- which would make this become no long Champions Online, greatly reduce diversity, and really screw over any Gold or LTS member.

• Selfless Ally was stealth nerfed. The 10% no longer heals based on your "attempted" healing, but what gets through the "damage resistance" of your ally. I mean wtf, seriously. Damage resistance reduces healing?!?!? SERIOUSLY?! Way to screw over dedicated healers Cryptic, way to go.

• Gold cap increment increases (like what they have on Star Trek Online) have STILL not gotten any official acknowledgement, let alone implementation

• New explorable content? One map? That's it? And it's in an alert you have to queue up 10 people for? WTF... Come on, bring back Tumerboy already, please...
    • The speed reduction to the ships. I understand it was causing server instability. Server stability affects everyone and thus it comes first. However, if you MUST replace something somebody bought to traded valuables for, then allow for a refund so we can get something else. Honestly those that have the old ships should be allowed to cash them in for Zen. Zen that can stay fixed to Champions, so it's kind of like a giftcard compensation, but yeah. To do this you'd create an option at the Drifter or some other Vendor NPC to "sell" the vehicle, under the "sell" tab and instead of resources it gives you 1500 Zen.
  • xgcoxgco Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sweet! 3 Pages of comments, you guys make me so happy. Ahem, I would also like to say that you all have brought up some great comments too, things I didn't even think of so kudos to you for that. Lastly I hate threads like this, I really do, but if we don't voice our concerns how will they know? Thanks. :)
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't like that The vehicles are ugly and super non-super. The Hawkwings I could see some superhero running around in, but these new ones make it feel like Star Wars, or more realistically Generic Sci-Fi Game.

I never really wanted vehicles, but I didn't oppose them either.

Be careful what you wish for, people.
    edited November 2012
    xgco wrote: »
    Sweet! 3 Pages of comments, you guys make me so happy. Ahem, I would also like to say that you all have brought up some great comments too, things I didn't even think of so kudos to you for that. Lastly I hate threads like this, I really do, but if we don't voice our concerns how will they know? Thanks. :)

Please tell me you just started playing this game.

edited November 2012

Only if you consider that because of the way everything here is implemented in regards to game mechanics, all new content is effectively reskinned old content.

Remember that oatmeal you had yesterday? We reskinned it to look like a hamburger. When you bite into it, you'll soon realize you're just eating oatmeal again, but hey for a brief moment you got excited because you thought you might be eating a hamburger right?

Don't worry, I know there's plenty of you out there with no teeth who can really only handle the oatmeal and so you're happy the game isn't braving new territory. Make sure to spend lots of money on it so it sticks around for you :tongue:

• haleakalahaleakala Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My dislike is that there is nothing in the update that entices me to want to play the game. None of my character concepts calls for a vehicle, I have no interest in them. I have not personally experienced the lockbox drop spam in CO, but I have in STO and other games, and the reports I've seen about their frequency in CO have been a dis-incentive to log in and play. Cryptic continues to prove that my investment in their game was a mistake that I will not be repeating.

I been a long time leaving but I'm going to be a long time gone.

Willie Nelson

T.U.F.K.A.S. (the user formerly known as Scarlyng)
    Wrong on the CO forums since November, 2008
  • drainbamaged1drainbamaged1 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    haleakala wrote: »
    My dislike is that there is nothing in the update that entices me to want to play the game. None of my character concepts calls for a vehicle, I have no interest in them. I have not personally experienced the lockbox drop spam in CO, but I have in STO and other games, and the reports I've seen about their frequency in CO have been a dis-incentive to log in and play. Cryptic continues to prove that my investment in their game was a mistake that I will not be repeating.

This pretty sums up my experience as well. I've played since the original closed beta and have barely logged in for the last few months. I don't like the direction the game is going but at least I've got my moneys worth out of it. Hopefully someone will get the next superhero MMORPG right. I don't want become devices as vehicles, I'd prefer some regular new content.
  • jolokia13jolokia13 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've thought about buying the lifetime sub 3 times since i've been playing CO. If i had, i would have saved myself some money by now. I just can't get myself to do it, tho. Because of updates like this one.

PWE's business model is a scam. (latest: holding back bikes, so people will buy other things, and THEN hopefully by a bike).

The only way to get them to listen to you is to STOP buying lockboxes and other gimmick items.

As long as kids are buying this crap, they'll keep putting it out.

:eek:STOP COMPLAINING AND JUST STOP BUYING CRAP FROM THEM. :eek:Money is the only thing PWE/Cryptic cares about now.

You're not getting content. EVER. and when you do, it's geared towards the Zen shop. Don't complain about the mess on your face, when you asked for it with yer mouth and eyes open. (that's just good advice.)
  • lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have another thing I'd like to say about the reloaded update. To me, this update seems as if Cryptic is trying to tailor to just the Vigilante/soldier hero types and leave the metahuman and magic heroes in the dust, more specifically, leaving those with TPs that relate to the character, take a speedster for example, they can go at mach 1, and don't need a vehicle, and same for flyers, and I know the speed did get nerfed, but that isn't what I'm trying to get at here. What I'm getting at is that CO seems to be catering to all the Tech Themed heroes (minus the Power armors in that section, they already had vehicles in the forms of power armor), but take the vigilante's gadgeteers, soldiers, etc., they would use vehicles, anyone with a flight or superspeed TP probably wouldn't. And as another note, the vehicles are thematically restrictive, say you have a soldier toon who'd want an UNTIL jet, all he can gave is a hawkjet with a very weird design to it, and not a raptor fighter jet or something along those lines.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What we wished for:
    screw.jpg
    'Nuff Said.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • sanmercisanmerci Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    What we wished for:
    ***image deleted to prevent me gettin' in trouble***

'Nuff Said.

Dude- I laughed. A-freakin'-lot. But... you might want to edit your picture; obscenities are likely to get you in trouble. May I suggest changing the verb to "Screw"?
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What we wished for:'Nuff Said.

I'd pay for a Become M3 Lee or Become StuG III.
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif
  • cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Vehicles... they kill (IMO) the main appeal of the game which is character customization. Woot!! welcome to the MMO where you can look exactly the same as the guy right beside you!!... oh and also you have to pay $14.99 (not an actual number, just for sake of example =p).

Bikes solve... a bit of this problem by showing the hero on top of it.. but still is a generic bike *sighs*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited November 2012

This^ pretty much sums it up for me as well.

Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily think that the idea of vehicles is bad, and as I already mentioned in another thread about a week ago we DID ask for vehicles. But as many others have stated as well (in other threads), we didn't ask for them like this. People didn't want the game to revolve around vehicles or for them to take up an ENTIRE update at the expense of giving us some real (non-Alert) content. And we CERTAINLY didn't ask to freaking GAMBLE our way into them.

What people actually asked for was vehicles as a travel power. And some supported them as become devices as a compromise given that having them as travel powers was unfeasible and was not going to happen (ever). The decision to make the game about them and base an entire update around vehicles, pouring the bulk of their resources on making them this way was Cryptic's idea because they didn't want what the players wanted (and I do remember them stating as much back when people asked for vehicles). They wanted to go all the freaking way with vehicles if they were gonna do it and give us a bunch of stuff no one ever asked for, and that is what they did in the end.

Now I have a $300 LTS I have little use for, since I've done it all before and I have little reason to log back. Why should I pour my money into getting vehicles and GAMBLE for them so I can play the content I have already plowed through dozens of time, with no end game, new stuff to explore or repeatable content that isn't a single lame fight in a tiny zone (i.e. Alerts) when I can buy a whole new freaking game out there and experience new content I haven't played before?

The rest of my depressing feelings on this issue can be found HERE in this post I made last night while I was feeling extra negative on this issue (plus kinda tired of the "give them money so they can give you nice stuff fallacy"). Unfortunately my feelings on this remain the same, as I have little reason to log into the game.

Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily think that the idea of vehicles is bad, and as I already mentioned in another thread about a week ago we DID ask for vehicles. But as many others have stated as well (in other threads), we didn't ask for them like this. People didn't want the game to revolve around vehicles or for them to take up an ENTIRE update at the expense of giving us some real (non-Alert) content. And we CERTAINLY didn't ask to freaking GAMBLE our way into them.

What people actually asked for was vehicles as a travel power. And some supported them as become devices as a compromise given that having them as travel powers was unfeasible and was not going to happen (ever). The decision to make the game about them and base an entire update around vehicles, pouring the bulk of their resources on making them this way was Cryptic's idea because they didn't want what the players wanted (and I do remember them stating as much back when people asked for vehicles). They wanted to go all the freaking way with vehicles if they were gonna do it and give us a bunch of stuff no one ever asked for, and that is what they did in the end.

Now I have a $300 LTS I have little use for, since I've done it all before and I have little reason to log back. Why should I pour my money into getting vehicles and GAMBLE for them so I can play the content I have already plowed through dozens of time, with no end game, new stuff to explore or repeatable content that isn't a single lame fight in a tiny zone (i.e. Alerts) when I can buy a whole new freaking game out there and experience new content I haven't played before?

The rest of my depressing feelings on this issue can be found HERE in this post I made last night while I was feeling extra negative on this issue (plus kinda tired of the "give them money so they can give you nice stuff fallacy"). Unfortunately my feelings on this remain the same, as I have little reason to log into the game.

Wow... I think this the very first time I agree with VS in my 2 years of CO. Pretty much the sum of my feelings (with the exception of a thing or two, like Alerts not being "real" content. They are content, just different, think of them as instances in other games like DCUO. Why does everyone want so desperately a zone? so they can burn it within 2 days and then ask for more?... thats just my rationale on it based on my experience on other MMOs)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
    edited November 2012
    Another point on the vehicle colours...

Even when Batman drove a tank (the tumbler in batman begins) he still had it repainted.

Would it really be so impossible to have the ability for us to change just a couple colour-fields on a vehicle and slap one of the pre-existing emblems on it?
  • rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I feel the same way about how the game updates have yet to feature anything that interests me. I still play but I'm still playing around with the stuff we had a long time ago. I think the last update I liked was the alerts. And that was a long time ago.
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What don't I like.

No bikes.
    Prototypes getting pounded hard with the nerf bat.
    No drifter mission.
    The stupidly high cost of the best vehicle on the drifter store. To be fair at least they didn't stick the vehicles behind yet another gamble box.
    No restriction on levels in the Sky Command alert, its tough enough without being filled with lowbies.
    The engines are slow to not show as red (critical) after they have been healed to full health in the alert.
    The mods do not scale to the player level in the alert. R1? Seriously?

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This^ pretty much sums it up for me as well.

100% agree with this feeling.
    But this is a good news for Bethesda (skyrim), Blizzard (D3), and Bioware soon (swtor), they gain my money.
    More content we have here since 3 years for the prize of 3 vehicules. It's a good deal.
    And they will gain the future money i won't pay to NW and any other PWE or Cryptic's games (Co included) until they create a lot of new playable content in CO and prove they can handle a mmorpg correctly.
    When i say my, i say our, some family members and friends had the same conclusion than me.

I will copy some points from the Lotar's list:
    lotar295 wrote: »
    • Absurd pricing for vehicles
    • "Until Sky Command" being aimed mainly to those with vehicles and not being level locked, which means level 6s can get in.
    • Content edging towards vehicles and not regular players.
    • No means of getting vehicles in game without using Zen
    • Best vehicles are ones you need to gamble for.
    • Return of Lockboxes.
    The second point, with the number of threads on this subject, is an another proof they don't listening (or they don't have enough players to do it, what isn't surprising with this kind of update and economic model).
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Aside from not experiencing the lockbox spam (I have), this has become my mindset. People who don't play don't spend money.
  • mrlemmingmrlemming Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Um, you do realize you can earn Questionite in game, and buy Zen off the Questionite exchange with it - and in that way, earn enough Zen to purchase a vehicle you want from the C-Store, right?

I'd say that equals one wau tp earn a vihicle using 'in game' means.
    NO, just NO. It just requires someone else to buy the Zen for you. In the end someone IS paying real $$ for it, just the act that it isn't you doesn't make it 'right'. (Yes, I realise lifetimers have 'free' Zen, but that's only 300/month .. so that's like 3!! keys/month, whoop dee friggin doo.)
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I agree with just about every post above mine.

1) This update isn't even a real update, 1 instanced mission with ****ty rewards is not an update.
    2) Vehicles that were released don't even fit the concepts of those who wanted them. IE, Me (and a few other friends) have concepts that call for Motorcycles (Grav bikes were also excluded, thats ANOTHER dislike), Grav Bikes (Which were excluded) do NOT fit that concept, especially in the clunky manner they look.
    3) Aside from my hate on everything about the vehicles, we have power updates, Imbue did not recieve the breakfree it was supposed to get. Shred is now the most overpowered T0 in the game, no freeform would ever take Reaper's Caress because of that. Oh, and Telepathy review was ignored as midway through it Vehicles became priority.

So yeah, the tip of my hateburg. All in all, Being subbed for Gold is seeming like a big waste of money.
    edited November 2012
    mrlemming wrote: »
    NO, just NO. It just requires someone else to buy the Zen for you. In the end someone IS paying real $$ for it, just the act that it isn't you doesn't make it 'right'. (Yes, I realise lifetimers have 'free' Zen, but that's only 300/month .. so that's like 3!! keys/month, whoop dee friggin doo.)

It's actually 500/month, 5keys/month.
  • mrlemmingmrlemming Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's actually 500/month, 5keys/month.
    Yay, that makes it better :/

if I read the lock box descriptions correctly, there's an 3/164 = 1.8% chance to get any vehicle. .. this means that after opening 38 of them, I only have a 50/50 chance of getting any vehicle drop. (in fact there's a 49.8% chance I still haven't found a vehicle after 38 boxes) Mind you that you'd have spent between 3600 to 3800 Zen at that point (or around 34 euros in real money) for a 50% CHANCE on a vehicle. :eek: I don't think I need to explain how this is a scam.
    edited November 2012
    Or you could be like some lucky basterd and buy 2 keys and get the Manta from a 2nd box.
    :cool:
    edited November 2012
    mrlemming wrote: »

Hey, 5 keys/months is 10 salvage. you have the 200 salvage in 20 months = between 1,5 and 2 years.
    You can have the vehicules without pay money on top of your sub!
    (sub which gives in another mmos some playable content regurarly, or at least those things we need to buy a second time here)

Don't take it seriously, this is an ironic joke :biggrin:

For the pleasure, to see with the questionite:
    1 CP = 190 Q
    I will buy a top tiers vehicules. the vehicules are at 1700 zen ? ok.
    1700 x 190= 323000 Q
    323000 Q is 161 daily quests.
    Ah, yes , this is possi... oh no, this isn't, we can't buy the top tier vehicules without gambling with keys, the vehicules in store are low citizen class vehicules.
    Korean P2W detected. Game over.

Coming soon between this christmas and march 2013: "champions online : brighted"
    Content : a new alert with level 6-15 characters who're doing the damage of your energy builder.... and auras in lock boxes. Enjoy.
    edited November 2012
    The Lockbox Manta seems to be same as the Tiger Shark in Z-store, only the paint job differs. So if you don't feel lucky, you're better off buying the one in Z-store. If you really want a Hover Tank.
    edited November 2012
    The Lockbox Manta seems to be same as the Tiger Shark in Z-store, only the paint job differs. So if you don't feel lucky, you're better off buying the one in Z-store. If you really want a Hover Tank.

1) Tiger shark in store : 3 weapon mods, 1 defense mod, 1 support mod

2) Hover tank desert fox when you're gambling money with keys in store to buy the top tier salvage vehicule in: 4 weapon mods, 2 defense mods, 2 support mods.

By the hell, how he's better off buying the Tiger shark (if this is the same than Manta, as you say) ? To have a low vehicule he'll have to change and pay again later or be gimped against others players who have a better tank ? I don't see the point.
    edited November 2012
    Since, IF you're not feeling lucky, and end up spending over 1700Z's for the keys and getting poopz...
    or spending over 5000Z's in that matter for poopz. But then there would probably be enough Drifter Salvage to buy the 200Salvages one in Drifter Store.
    The point was more of the Tiger and Manta being same ones. Same amount of slots and same weapons.
    But gamble away.
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    if I read the lock box descriptions correctly, there's an 3/164 = 1.8% chance to get any vehicle

Its around a 2% chance to get one of the 2 different 5 slot vehicles and a 1% chance at the 8 slot vehicle, or 3% to get any vehicle per box - see another thread here somewhere (too tired and too late to go find it) where someone did a run of 100 boxes on test and i did a run of 200.
    1 CP = 190 Q
    I will buy a top tiers vehicules. the vehicules are at 1700 zen ? ok.
    1700 x 190= 323000 Q
    323000 Q is 161 daily quests.

The exchange rate varies over time depending on whats available, whats new, sales etc...
    ive seen it go up and down several times over the 4.5 months ive been here between 160 and 200.

You can get questionite in several different ways (again theres a recent thread kicking around listing them but too late/tired to find it)

Also thats per chr, can refine upto 8k per chr per day.

1700 zen from questionite is actually pretty easy, ive converted over 12,000 zen from questionite in 4.5 months. (admitedly while subbed so started with more chrs)

BUT its worth it for everyone to sub for 1 month - you get 500 zen, a hideout and 1 month to use 8 chrs (plus another per each you get to 40 - again something easy to do in a few days per chr) to farm questionite (which would only leave you needing 1200 from converting questionite as well)
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When I wanted Vehicles I wanted Travel powers. Not weaponized devices. Then again, many superheroes do have vehicles.

I was disappointed when I saw what they were on the PTS.