test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can we please get a way of getting salvage other than gambling for it?

lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
As the title says, can we get a new way of getting salvage, even if it is buying it with zen, like the recognition vendors do with token conversion, we could have a currency conversion, maybe 2 zen=1 salvage, or something other than lockboxes as the only way to get it.1 dollar for only 2 salvage is ridiculous.
Post edited by lotar295 on

Comments

• Options
    stoopidmestoopidme Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wanted to make a similar thread, you really summed it up well with the 1 dollar = 2 salvage remark.

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • Options
    serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    agreed, really need a way to get salvage for those of us with no interest in gambling other than still having to get the keys at $1 to get an average of 3 salvage.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    agreed, really need a way to get salvage for those of us with no interest in gambling other than still having to get the keys at $1 to get an average of 3 salvage.

2.78 to 2.8 based on threads. Which is still tiny.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    wacky99wacky99 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It really makes little difference if you're talking 2 or 3 salvage to 1 dollar. You'd still have to buy two blocks of 5,000 zen, which are 50 bucks each. To spend 100 dollars on this? Pass.

EDIT:

I know if you went under the assumption of 3:1 salvage to key ratio you'd need 6700 zen, and so could get a 5,000 and a 2,000 to cover you, but personally I don't trust the RNG enough.

Stuffy on the old CO forums. PWE ate my username.
  • Options
    titotito333999titotito333999 Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What we have here is a chance to get 2-10 salvage and something cool (legion/mods/vehicles/etc) for $1USD. If you take the cool stuff out I think that 10 salvage for $1USD in the Z-store is fair. Or just gamble with you're time and grind Q.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This was awesome while it lasted
    somebob wrote: »
    2.78 to 2.8 based on threads. Which is still tiny.

Yes. And thus why the Legacy Devices & Costume Unlocks are so expensive on the market. In fact they're underpriced typically
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Would be super happeh JOY JOY time if I could buy salvage with in game resources.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wouldn't the devs be more likely to notice this if it was in the suggestion section of the forums? I'm all for the idea. Just think it'll get burried under who knows how many topics here.
  • Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Quite the opposite, actually. Suggestions forum is the place where good ideas go to die.
  • Options
    nazacanazaca Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    Yes. And thus why the Legacy Devices & Costume Unlocks are so expensive on the market. In fact they're underpriced typically

Hmm?

Given that (2 Legacy Devices = 1 Legacy Device Kit = 40 Drifter Salvage = 20 Keys = 2000 Zen) and (1 Legacy Costume = 1 Legacy Crafted Costume Kit = 60 Drifter Salvage = 30 Keys = 3000 Zen) are true statements ...

1 Legacy Device costs 1000 Zen and 1 Legacy Costume costs 3000 Zen.

For comparison, a Become ~Foo costs 1150 Zen on the Zen Store.

What price are you seeing on the Legacy Devices?
    (I see prices ranging from 2000 to 8000 globals, with most being around 4000 globals.)

What prices are you seeing on the cash-shop becomes?
    (I see prices ranging from 250 globals to 800 globals, with most being around 500 globals.)

Dollar, dollar, bill, yo. Cash rules everything around you and me.
  • Options
    xgcoxgco Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hold everything! - Get something I want without having it locked inside a random gamble box??? That's crazy talk.

/sarcasm

PS: I hate how bitter the game is making me but I still hope for brighter days.
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    nazaca wrote: »
    Hmm?

Given that (2 Legacy Devices = 1 Legacy Device Kit = 40 Drifter Salvage = 20 Keys = 2000 Zen) and (1 Legacy Costume = 1 Legacy Crafted Costume Kit = 60 Drifter Salvage = 30 Keys = 3000 Zen) are true statements ...

1 Legacy Device costs 1000 Zen and 1 Legacy Costume costs 3000 Zen.

For comparison, a Become ~Foo costs 1150 Zen on the Zen Store.

What price are you seeing on the Legacy Devices?
    (I see prices ranging from 2000 to 8000 globals, with most being around 4000 globals.)

What prices are you seeing on the cash-shop becomes?
    (I see prices ranging from 250 globals to 800 globals, with most being around 500 globals.)

The problem is that 1000 Zen for a Legacy Device may get you a much-desired item; but because its hidden in a gamble box, the odds are higher that it is one of the more prevalent crappy undesired items. Therefore it may take you a much greater amount of Zen than 1000 to get an item that sells at all.

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    xgco wrote: »
    Hold everything! - Get something I want without having it locked inside a random gamble box??? That's crazy talk.

/sarcasm

Well to be fair they did that with the vehicles. Of course the fact that they are not as desired as pheremones and the stupid-high price tag for the best one do make up for that. :frown:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    arimikami wrote: »
    Wouldn't the devs be more likely to notice this if it was in the suggestion section of the forums? I'm all for the idea. Just think it'll get burried under who knows how many topics here.

know I'm kind of late for this, but the reason I posted an idea here is that no devs even look in the suggestions forum, its where ideas are only seen by players, and never devs.I wanted this idea to be seen by a dev and hopefully have it implemented someday.
  • Options
    amarillonmcamarillonmc Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A little unrelated:
    What exactly is Drifter's Salvage?
    I know it's a special currency, I'm asking what exactly it is.
    its in-game icon shows something like a small plate or a coin. That meant nothing lol
    I just run through a new char from tutorial, and after tutorial this Mission that send me to Drifter mentioned some wrecks from the Qualrr ships or something, but that didn't explain how these comes from boxes....

Just curious.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...the ultimate Contrast Moe (or not).
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    xgco wrote: »

/sarcasm

PS: I hate how bitter the game is making me but I still hope for brighter days.

I just wanted to thank you for my new Signature. And would like to shout out for everyone to start using this picture.
  • Options
    notburningchicknotburningchick Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    arimikami wrote: »
    Wait, what -- this game still has devs?

I kid, I kid!
  • Options
    notburningchicknotburningchick Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lotar295 wrote: »
    know I'm kind of late for this, but the reason I posted an idea here is that no devs even look in the suggestions forum, its where ideas are only seen by players, and never devs.I wanted this idea to be seen by a dev and hopefully have it implemented someday.

And, on a more serious note for me ...

I think the devs DO read the forums, but are either a.) on a short leash and don't post or b.) are so new to the game / Cryptic that they feel uncomfortable posting (and, frankly, the mood on the boards is such that they'd get a 1994-era flaming no matter what they say so I can't blame 'em).

The patch notes, such as they are, DO reflect that someone is listening to feedback ... but this game doesn't seem to have a particularly robust dev and QA team so things happen slowly and quietly.

Very, very quietly. Bordering on sepulchral.
  • Options
    xgcoxgco Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just wanted to thank you for my new Signature. And would like to shout out for everyone to start using this picture.

and I just want to thank you for using my signature. Listen to the kitten everyone, it's sad yet cute face and paw will warm the hearts of Cryptic or PW. Whoever is making us have these lockboxes.
  • Options
    amarillonmcamarillonmc Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »

ThanksXD
    But what I need is a lore-wise explanation.
    For example: The Drifter seek these thing because it's made of some durable alien alloy, or something.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...the ultimate Contrast Moe (or not).
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ThanksXD
    But what I need is a lore-wise explanation.
    For example: The Drifter seek these thing because it's made of some durable alien alloy, or something.
    When Drifter Salvage was first introduced, it came from robot mobs in one of the Grab Bag quests, and the in-game explanation was that Drifter was analyzing the robotic remains to see where they were getting the Questionite in the alloy chassis. After that, well, it just kind of kept on rolling, and nobody asked too many questions... :wink:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"