test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So what happens to our current Jets

ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
Once you guys start adding in customization options?

I hate to be a B, but, I'd be kinda mad if I have to buy another 3 jets before you guys finally finished the entire system. Or if our current ones become ineligible to improve with the new content.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2012
    We're aware of that, and we don't want you guys to feel like you'd have to double-pay for content. While we don't yet have the plan for that finalized, we'll make sure that our early adopters get some nice and helpful perks.
  • mistformsquirrelmistformsquirrel Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Trail, you saying that has made me reconsider buying a jet after all... hrm...

Check out my Champions Online webcomic in progress!

Annoying people since 2009!
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    We're aware of that, and we don't want you guys to feel like you'd have to double-pay for content. While we don't yet have the plan for that finalized, we'll make sure that our early adopters get some nice and helpful perks.

I'm curious to see if, when the new System debuts, if the prototype Hawkwings will get converted to run with it, or if they'll stick to operating as they are now.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If this plan works out anything like the hideout customization? Count me out. I still feel burned from buying the arcane sanctum on the day they launched it, then having all that other content come out which I'd only get if I bought the whole hideout (which I already owned) at FULL PRICE.

Please, turtle, talk to whoever you can to make sure this doesn't happen. I'm 100% positive that while people won't spend a full 1500 points for a few customization options for a jet they already have, they'd certainly spend 500-750 for just the new options.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • txhawktxhawk Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If this plan works out anything like the hideout customization? Count me out. I still feel burned from buying the arcane sanctum on the day they launched it, then having all that other content come out which I'd only get if I bought the whole hideout (which I already owned) at FULL PRICE.

Please, turtle, talk to whoever you can to make sure this doesn't happen. I'm 100% positive that while people won't spend a full 1500 points for a few customization options for a jet they already have, they'd certainly spend 500-750 for just the new options.

From what I recall Tumerboy (the Dev who made the Hideouts) posted that with Hideouts the switchable options were what took 90% of the work, so it took almost as much work to make a variant as it did to make the original. I'm hoping that won't apply here, given the fact that vehicles have so much non-cosmetic functionality.

*crosses fingers*
    Waiting for paladins...
  • kelplanktonkelplankton Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think that, on the most basic level, it'd be nice to give people who bought the Nightwing jets the appearance of those jets as an option for their vehicles in the full system. Idealy, it'd allow them to have access to the parts comprising the jet for customization purposes overall, but I don't know if that's doable or if the jet's model was designed with that in mind.

If nothing else, the jets should exist alongside the full system in a similar manner to the transformation gadget stuff from the Cstore- an alternative vehicle with it's own, full progression built into it. Which is what it currently is. It just needs to be compatible with all future vehicle content.

Art, Animation, and Stuff:
    DA Tumblr Vimeo Youtube
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    They are becomes , the best ones yet buts all they are the names PROTOTYPE due to the fact they will most likely be the cheaper ones with the newer ones with more stuff being the more expensive option.

But saying that they are still rather awesome.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited September 2012

You don't mean actual perks as in the perk system do you?
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ariesmajor wrote: »
    Once you guys start adding in customization options?

I hate to be a B, but, I'd be kinda mad if I have to buy another 3 jets before you guys finally finished the entire system. Or if our current ones become ineligible to improve with the new content.

Disagree completely...

If I bought a prototype jet.. I bought it because I like the way it is. I like the SPEED the way it is, I like the afterburner, etc.

If they upgrade our current models with whatever else they plan on doing, that's going to alter what I BOUGHT.

If you're going to offer an update to what we bought, I recommend it be voluntary. Personally, I'd rather have two sets of jets than be forced into buying the same thing everyone else has.

More money for PWE....

Win/Win

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd hope that these jets we have now can be integrated into the full system when it makes its debut,while still allowing the appearance as an option,and on a side-note,lower the price a bit,if its per character I'd say to let it be like costume slots,get one,then purchase additional ones from the C store.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Wow, TT... that was a hell of a response.

Thanks. I'll still get another ground vehicle just for funsies. Thanks for not forgetting about the test pilots.
  • cptvanorcptvanor Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lotar295 wrote: »
    if its per character

It's not really per character, it's an account bound device. So you buy one and all your characters can use it, as long as you transfer it to them via the shared bank slots.

For what you get, considering the cost of ships in STO, the price seems fairly reasonable to me.
  • lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    cptvanor wrote: »
    It's not really per character, it's an account bound device. So you buy one and all your characters can use it, as long as you transfer it to them via the shared bank slots.

For what you get, considering the cost of ships in STO, the price seems fairly reasonable to me.

Why let it be only on a single character?

Why not let it go to all the characters that need it(excluding the ones who don't need a jet of course)?
  • ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    mensar wrote: »
    Disagree completely...

If I bought a prototype jet.. I bought it because I like the way it is. I like the SPEED the way it is, I like the afterburner, etc.

If they upgrade our current models with whatever else they plan on doing, that's going to alter what I BOUGHT.

If you're going to offer an update to what we bought, I recommend it be voluntary. Personally, I'd rather have two sets of jets than be forced into buying the same thing everyone else has.

More money for PWE....

Win/Win

Actually I think you might be misinformed, the system in question is the option to modify current looks, as well as rumors of altering some of the powers included with the vehicles power sets and the like. If they are able to integrate in a system sort of like a costume shop with the current jets, I don't see how this has any affect on what you like about the current?

What will have a significant effect is if you already own a vehicle and they say you're SOL and can't modify or use future systems with what we have now.

What you're suggesting is that they fail to include current forms and artistry in any new customization systems they come out with...problem with that theory is that, This game is run by cryptic....one does not simply "remove new content". When they do come out with new customization options or power selections etc such as beta server rumors suggest, I could bet 100% that everything we have now will still be available...

That'd be like coming out with the basement hideout prototype, and then actually implementing a hideout system but failing to include basements....<
    what logic does that make?
  • ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited September 2012

I thought about this for a sec, and tbh, it would have made more sense to have the option to purchase parts of your hideout. Even with the way they have it now, it would be nice to buy parts of the whole, instead of 5 wholes for 3 parts.

For instance, say I have a tech basement, but I want parts from moms basement, would be cool to have the option to just buy the computer console. But at the same time, I'm kinda glad they have hideout skins as cheap as they are.
  • danteandersendanteandersen Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ariesmajor wrote: »

What will have a significant effect is if you already own a vehicle and they say you're SOL and can't modify or use future systems with what we have now.

You mean like having a Prototype and not being able to modify or use the MOD system that came out today... AND the prototypes getting a hefty smash of the Nerf Bat in speed and capability on top of that? THAT kind of SOL? Yeah, Cryptic just said that today.

-END OF LINE
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Necromancy is sooo last Halloween.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The thread is still pretty relevant to what is happening now AND it includes a quote from a dev that promised compensation to the purchase.
  • mainscrizzmainscrizz Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Necromancy is sooo relevant.

there, fixed! :mad:
    mensar wrote: »
    Disagree completely...

More money for PWE....

Win/Win

would you look at the date on that. :mad:
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The thread is still pretty relevant to what is happening now AND it includes a quote from a dev that promised compensation to the purchase.
    mainscrizz wrote: »
    there, fixed! :mad:

Ironically the argument of relevancy is irrelevant.
    Check the PWE Community Rules and Policies under Spam.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________