test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: Ignore to Affect Matchmaking

itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
edited November 2012 in The Hero Games
Even if nothing else is done to PvP in this game, such a thing can be a tremendous boon. Since we do not have a ladder or other competitive tournament system that can be damaged by such functionality, the least that can be done is to consider this.

Sometimes you want to avoid certain players, but still play PvP. What I am proposing is that the queue system prevent you from being matched with players on your ignore list. The queue should keep trying until it finds players who are not ignoring eachother.

Additionally, the queue system should prefer to match supergroups and teams formed outside of the instances to against eachother before matching them to pickup groups.

Note: While this is indeed a discussion thread, it is not an invitation to co-opt or pitch something that does not share characteristics with the suggestion or have to do with the queue system.
Brou in Cryptic games.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I started to write down a long paragraph but then I chose to simplify it to this:

The ignore feature would provide an easy and user-friendly(Though constant ignores would mean silence for a day) way to, both, allow and deny challenging or otherwise impossible fights.

Do you want to give players this ability?
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Considering how many DC made my ignore list - I'd probably never see a pop again.

I totally know where you're goin with this, but unfortunately the server pop is simply too low in its current state for this to be feasible.
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Avoiding a challenging fight just because you hate the fighter will hinder your self-improvement.
  • oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Avoiding a challenging fight just because you hate the fighter will hinder your self-improvement.

LOL, this is hilariously ironic coming from a person who hides in anonymity on the forums, who never duels anyone challenging and never participates in T4 BASH pugs.
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    oobtree wrote: »
    LOL, this is hilariously ironic coming from a person who hides in anonymity on the forums, who never duels anyone challenging and never participates in T4 BASH pugs.

Never have I seen such an obvious flamebait.

Topic : Sounds like a logical idea. However, this is our PWE overlords you are talking to.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just have to say I have seen Lucy in bash and have dueled her dozens of times.

The idea has some merit. But not in BASH. Other PvP q's yes .
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited November 2012
    nepht wrote: »

It must've been in recent times. he/she/it has a history in the HG forums of being who I described above.

Nevertheless, if even only to me, I found it amusing :tongue:
    edited November 2012
    It must've been in recent times. he/she/it has a history in the HG forums of being who I described above.

Nevertheless, if even only to me, I found it amusing :tongue:

You've fought her also. Listen guys I like you both. I think your both great peeps , keep me outta this fight. You are both ( and I have a massive cheek to say this :D ) moar EBIL >:C on the forums than in game.

Yesh shock horror peoples in game Malware and Lucy are rather nice helpful people ...honest they are :O
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    edited November 2012
    You've fought her also.

Fought who? I don't even know the person. The Lucy in game that I know is not this forum poster...
    edited November 2012
    Fought who? I don't even know the person. The Lucy in game that I know is not this forum poster...

Trust meh you've dueled her. You've all dueled her. She's just one of the normal people that doesnt like to be internet famous XD.

She aint called Lucy in game :/
    edited November 2012
    Trust meh you've dueled her. You've all dueled her. She's just one of the normal people that doesnt like to be internet famous XD.

Until I know what some character names are, I will not believe you. lucyinspacewithdiamonds has said some extremely ridiculous things on the HG forums, even lying about me saying I was "infamous for my bubble spam." Funny stuff.
    edited November 2012
    Until I know what some character names are, I will not believe you. lucyinspacewithdiamonds has said some extremely ridiculous things on the HG forums, even lying about me saying I was "infamous for my bubble spam." Funny stuff.

Like I said I luv both of ya I am keeping the hell out of this :D

If she decides to post her @handle some point thats her choice, if you guys didnt argue on the forums you might get along in game.
    edited November 2012

That lucy isn't lucyinspacewithdiamonds.
    edited November 2012
    Edited: It's a secret!!!! weeeee.
  • ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Some care, Most don't. Winning is the only thing that matters and giving the players the option to remove challenge makes this task even easier. Sure you can gloat that you killed so and so however many times but the little people will remember you as that person who always killed them(since the system chose to put you in their game instead of the undisclosed amount of other people who you have on your..'wishlist').

But what do I know, right? How about, instead, you all answer the below question:

Judging from the past and present how might you see the future if this feature would be implemented?
    edited November 2012
    secksegai wrote: »
    That lucy isn't lucyinspacewithdiamonds.

Again not that one either.

I know who it is but im not telling.

Popcorn anyone :D
  • mainscrizzmainscrizz Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Again not that one either.

I know who it is but im not telling.

Popcorn anyone :D

YaY! one more person on the "hit list"

I usually enjoy fighting the ppl who post on the forum.
    mainscrizz wrote: »
    YaY! one more person on the "hit list"

I usually enjoy fighting the ppl who post on the forum.

Nope not that one either.
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You're on the right track Brou.

I dont know how it should be implemented but we need a pre-queue option that allows us to ignore certain people in PvP.
  • mainscrizzmainscrizz Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nope not that one either.

I mean you. LOL

jk
    gamehobo wrote: »

I dont know how it should be implemented but we need a pre-queue option that allows us to ignore certain people in PvP.

But, but, I'd never get to see Jaybezz again =P
    edited November 2012
    mainscrizz wrote: »
    I mean you. LOL

jk

BRING IT! \o/

:D
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Maybe some sort of lobby option before the match begins. I remember something like this being used years back for the nba 2k series allowing people to ignore those they didn't want to play.
  • bloodx13bloodx13 Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think I understand why Brou is suggesting this and I have a feeling it has something to do with a certain attitude among a group of players in a sg. It's not so much a wanting to avoid a challenge as it is wanting to avoid ill sportsmanship. An option that lets you avoid spawn campers, trash talkers or people that team up with their entire sg in free for all maps.

But eh thats just my guess!!
  • igotbigdickigotbigdick Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hmm.,.i disagree with this,as that would allow a useless pvp'er just get tons of acclaim by fighting worse players than him
    also there aren't many people joining BASH nowadays and most ignore one another
    so,for the moment i just propose leaving if u see things are bad there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    But, but, I'd never get to see Jaybezz again =P

Sure you would. Just don't use one of "Those" builds. I don't discriminate on players because they win.. I discriminate because they aren't seeking to compete. Best of all, the "win by all means" players will be able to test their mettle in their own queue.

The ONLY possible result is for average and concept builds to finally be able to enjoy PvP. The people playing in the upper echelon of "I win" PvP will not be affected.
    hmm.,.i disagree with this,as that would allow a useless pvp'er just get tons of acclaim by fighting worse players than him

First off, Acclaim is worthless. Second off.. it's ONLY used to get PvP gear to make PvPers better.. something that SHOULD be used for "useless pvper" builds that is so expensive only "FoTM PvP builds" can afford them.

To summarize:
    Follow your own bliss. If you are spending that much time making sure other people can't enjoy what you feel you've "earned" you're a republican. And everyone knows republicans are *insert noun as adjective*
  • bloodx13bloodx13 Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited November 2012

* looks at handle then at response * ya......... Wasnt saying i would do that cause I like to kill spawn killers etc.. I was however saying that I understand why one may want to not q with certain people. Now I said nothing about them not wanting to Q with that person or persons because of the skill level but because of how they play. In my personal opinion when someone has their entire SG q a free for all map to hunt one or two people that not skill its the numbers game. Same goes for spawn killers, how does killing someone as they are spawning before their toggles or travel powers are on skill?

Some like to avoid these types of players others like to get back at them ether way one could see why a request like the one in this thread might be made.

Now personally I think A ladder system wouldnt be a bad idea that way everyone could compete with people in their own pvp tier. For example if you get x amount of wins in one tier then you move to the next one and so on.. it could all be based off percentages and give pvpers something to strive for!! It would also keep "weaker " Pvpers from teaming with their more skillful sg mates. End result alot more people would have to stand on their own instead of having an entire sg to back them and pvpers would have a goal. Alot of people wouldn't have so much to say in pvp chat if their sg mates werent there helping them get kills.

Or get this the sgs in this sg war could just drop the bs and play a free for all as a free for all!! thing is it all goes full circle x sg talks mad **** and farms people causing y sg to gather there own members to try and stop x. End result of it all is running away any possible new pvpers or casual pvpers and causing most vets to just not q. What does this do overall you ask? well it makes us look like crap to the rest of the community and it kills pvp q's!!

Yes the Devs have alot to do with the current PvP state but when a certain sg is acting like they are then their just adding to it. I can't think of anyone that like to play with players like that!!
    edited November 2012
    bloodx13 wrote: »
    I think I understand why Brou is suggesting this and I have a feeling it has something to do with a certain attitude among a group of players in a sg. It's not so much a wanting to avoid a challenge as it is wanting to avoid ill sportsmanship. An option that lets you avoid spawn campers, trash talkers or people that team up with their entire sg in free for all maps.

I would assume that's the case based on copvp chat. Honestly, certain "regulars" create a hostile environment choosing to never engage fellow sg members and targeting players right as they respawn.

A lot of the better players are fun to compete with win or lose, just wish that was the case with almost everyone.
    edited November 2012
    bloodx13 wrote: »

I like Brou's suggestion. And if it could be implemented correctly, could bring people back to pvp. The point you make about "ill sportsmanship" is a valid one. Nobody wants to be hunted by more than 2or3, let alone and entire Sg in a "Free for all" mode.

Like gamehobo said, this might allow those that are not that concerned about winning at all cost but out to have a stress free fun time with out feeling like they are being farmed all day.

And those "uber" builds can still beat up on one another...just without the middle man getting the bad end of the deal.

This could be good for everybody. And might even change the way a lot of people see the Pvp crowd today.
    edited November 2012
    I just have to say this )o.o) igotbigdick has the greatest forum tag EVAR!

Wuts this thread about again :/
    edited November 2012

Going to have to disagree there, Nepht.
    Might be a great alt name for an adult film actor, but...over all it's HORRIBLE. :cool:
    edited November 2012

No I think you do Nephy. The smiling evil egyptian thingy.... nothing serves as a better reminder not to take this game too seriously ;)
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is a great idea.

Hey listen, my grandpa died and he's just laying out in the backyard. They won't put him in the ground because they say he's not "dead enough". Could you come up with an idea to make him more dead than he already is? Thanks in advance.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
    edited November 2012
    smoochan wrote: »
    This is a great idea.

Hey listen, my grandpa died and he's just laying out in the backyard. They won't put him in the ground because they say he's not "dead enough". Could you come up with an idea to make him more dead than he already is? Thanks in advance.
    ::biggrin:
    You so crazy!
    edited November 2012
    No I think you do Nephy. The smiling evil egyptian thingy.... nothing serves as a better reminder not to take this game too seriously ;)

I think Smoochan has me beat :D
    This is a great idea.

Thats easy shoot him in the head with a nerf gun that way he cant come back as a zombeh.

But I haz better idea! Fling some water over him wake him the dafuq up.
    edited November 2012
    First off, Acclaim is worthless. Second off.. it's ONLY used to get PvP gear to make PvPers better.. something that SHOULD be used for "useless pvper" builds that is so expensive only "FoTM PvP builds" can afford them.

To summarize:
    Follow your own bliss. If you are spending that much time making sure other people can't enjoy what you feel you've "earned" you're a republican. And everyone knows republicans are *insert noun as adjective*

ok,now that was very offensive there considering i expressed an opinion...(must be the name i know)

well to begin with acclaim is not worthless,i like having acclaim...if u don't just get me one of those acclaim gears for free and then,my apologies sir,it's just me ;)
    moving on only FoTM PvP builds can afford them?seriously there?i have taken 2 pvp gears with a soldier AT and...well i guess that's not FoTM!

last but not least...if i am blind how could i be able to see and follow my bliss...i mean.it makes no sense to me!
    i don't enjoy ppl not getting what i've earned and if you want help with anything (The friends song ;)
    oh and about republicans...well i won't disagree about them:cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012

i will agree with other ppl here nepht..u got a better sig....mine is just facts..(getting ready for insults there..quick bring my unti-insult shield of the good guy )

oh and lovehammer1 ( yeah that's a much better name than mine lols)
    u got me there...story of my life :wink:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    i will agree with other ppl here nepht..u got a better sig....mine is just facts..(getting ready for insults there..quick bring my unti-insult shield of the good guy )

oh and lovehammer1 ( yeah that's a much better name than mine lols)
    u got me there...story of my life :wink:

I don't think you have to worry about it - DC's going to be taking the brunt of it these days, especially after watching shag first hand feed his sg mates kills in order for their premade to win against some random mix of regulars.
    edited November 2012
    I don't think you have to worry about it - DC's going to be taking the brunt of it these days, especially after watching shag first hand feed his sg mates kills in order for their premade to win against some random mix of regulars.

oh u sure?i guess they getting better ;)

and btw why u hate DC that much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    oh u sure?i guess they getting better ;)

and btw why u hate DC that much?

Getting better, no. Proven time and again they do nothing positive for the pvp community - I'm curious to see how they fare when people choose not to queue and they have no one left to fight but themselves.

The community needs to find ways to get more people to enjoy pvp, not convince newcomers to steer clear.
    edited November 2012
    Getting better, no. Proven time and again they do nothing positive for the pvp community - I'm curious to see how they fare when people choose not to queue and they have no one left to fight but themselves.

The community needs to find ways to get more people to enjoy pvp, not convince newcomers to steer clear.

Start fighting each other. Shortly after, break off into two or three seperate SGs that religiously hate each other.

edited November 2012
    Start fighting each other. Shortly after, break off into two or three seperate SGs that religiously hate each other.

well said there!:tongue:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Frankly if I go through the process of ignoring someone.. I do not want them to affect my gameplay AT ALL. ****ing griefers.

Better suggestion: remove all ignored players from my shard. period. No matter what instance or zone it is.. just put them somewhere else.
    edited November 2012
    Frankly if I go through the process of ignoring someone.. I do not want them to affect my gameplay AT ALL. ****ing griefers.

Better suggestion: remove all ignored players from my shard. period. No matter what instance or zone it is.. just put them somewhere else.

yeah that middle M in MMO is such a pain in the ****.

edited November 2012
    It's not that difficult to make more shards on the server.

1) I hate having one shard of all zones that aren't Millennium City.

2) If you're THAT hated (and some are) then you should be isolated. Play on a shard with the other asshats
    edited November 2012
    It's not that difficult to make more shards on the server.

1) I hate having one shard of all zones that aren't Millennium City.

2) If you're THAT hated (and some are) then you should be isolated. Play on a shard with the other asshats

So now we're basically saying that they should take the system where if enough people ignore you, you get silenced for 24 hours, and change that around to essentially prevent people from playing the game?

Again, my dead grandpa who they won't put in the ground for not being dead enough... you workin' on that? Cause he's starting to smell.

EDIT: Here's a better idea. Every time you ignore someone, it prevents you from joining any shard that that person is on. After all, you're the one with the problem, not them.