test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Classic Superheroes in Costume Contests

hawkwing4hawkwing4 Posts: 7 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Suggestions Box
I'm going to start by saying that this is a suggestion for the community, specifically those who run costume contests in the game, and not for developers. I'm just not sure where I'd put it.

It's come to my attention that when people run costume contests, they often neglect to include a catergory for standard superheroes. Many people I know that play the game have amazing costumes like this, costumes that would rival those of in-print superheroes. However, with most of the costume contests only focusing on categories like "Tech," "Beast," "Zombie," or "Nurse/Doctor Duo," they don't get the chance to show off what they've got.

I'm simply asking that more costume contests include this category for those of us who play a superhero game like Champions Online for what it is: a superhero game.
Post edited by hawkwing4 on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Classic Superhero? As one in tights? Cape? Folded boots?Standard superheroes?
    You seem to have missed most of the costume contest that include different age periods of superheroes, tights category, pulp heroes etc.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    hawkwing4hawkwing4 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I must have missed those, because I've only come across one or two like that, out of the few dozen I've seen since I've been here. If these already happen in significant numbers, then please, tell me when, where, and by whom they're hosted.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You've heard the word "Retro" before, right? That seems to be an awful common category, at least to me it does.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    stoopidmestoopidme Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I see quite a lot that have a tights category, maybe not as many as there should be but still a decent quantity.

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • Options
    perfect0777perfect0777 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I love the idea that people still get a kick out of the Pulp, Golden age, and Silver age look of comics. What REALLY has to go is the "sexy" category..i mean a little skin here or there is fine and a little buxomness doesnt hurt (i cant help but notice for example the default breast size in the creator is the largest size) but really...come on...when i see a female toon naked except for stockings and a garter belt and her name is "lust"..WTF is that...i would hope someones kids are never so threatened they need to be rescued by "lust"....i mean really...
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Calling traditional heroes "retro" when the best selling comic books in North America feature tights-wearing heroes is deeply silly. It's less so when applied to individual eras, of course -- there are idiosyncrasies in Golden and Silver Age costumes -- but if it's used as an umbrella term for comic book-looking characters? Silly.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Agreeing with 'Drax, here. Retro is a part of Classic, sure, but not all Classic is Retro and shouldn't be overgeneralized as such.
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    On a sidenote: I couldn't help but notice that many hosts don't count Iron Age (90's) style costumes for either Retro (is only up to the Silver/Bronze Age style), Tights (too much metal and/or additional accessories *coughpouchescough*) and Tech (not enough metal). And yes, I actually asked.
    I know the Iron Age is not exactly the most fondly remembered time in superhero history, but I don't think it should be ignored like this. :rolleyes: